Midnight Neighbor | 18+

By akawaiiisan

♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People h... More

|| summary ||
0|| Disclaimer
1|| You're like, ancient Soph
2|| Negligence
3|| Unaware
4|| Her ignorance
5|| Familiar
6|| A Shocker
7|| Disbelief
8|| It will end in tears
9|| Realization
10|| Game
11|| Olivia
12||Harrassment and Assault
13|| Fail Safe Plan
14|| Risky
15||For his Sanity
16|| Conflicted
17|| Overreaching
18|| Shameless
19|| Blessing
20|| Undercurrents
21|| A Memorable Night
22|| Only for you
23|| Drive you wild
24|| Behind The Scenes
25|| Starved
26|| Much too Impulsive
27|| Interrogation at its Finest
28|| Dangerous urges
29|| Insatiable
30|| Snake (part 1)
30|| Snake (part 2)
31|| Unease
32|| Honesty
33|| Assumptions
34|| Bad Memories
35|| Who is that Woman
36|| His Persistence
37|| Unforseen Changes
38|| Banter
39|| Burning Curiosity
40|| Petrified
41|| Undercurrents Flow Once Again
42|| Unbelievable
43|| Oversight
44|| A Small glimpse is Enough
45|| Recklessness
46|| Show me
47|| Accidents and Confrontations
48|| Say it
49|| Exposed
50|| First Impressions Last
51|| Two Truths and a Lie
52|| Always Two Steps Ahead
53|| Silent Wars
54|| Then comes the Fall
55|| A Gift
56|| Contempt
57|| Hurt people
58|| Importance
59|| Quite the Scare
60|| Making Plans
61|| Her Dominance -Shortlived
63|| Theft of Joy
64|| Uncertainties
65|| Under Pressure
66||Miranda
67|| Motherly Woes
68|| Blame
69|| Bittersweet
70|| Priorities
71|| Art of Gathering Information
72||Cater to You
73|| Keep a Secret
74|| Love so Pure
||Content With You {MN extras 1/?}
||Content With You {MN extras 2/?}
|| Her neighbor {MN extra 1/?}

62|| Angst

7.9K 256 65
By akawaiiisan

Unedited~
• • •

There was a solemnity to the atmosphere, deep inside the basement of an underground facility in a place that was harder to find and even harder for some to get out of if they found themselves inside. It was a special kind of feeling yet the group inside the basement were hardly moved. Although the day was bright, that warm light didnt reach them and did absolutely nothing to lively the mood or brighten the already dim scene.

The group of men chatted in hushed tones amongst themselves, playing cards out of boredom and nothing else. There were bills of every amount scattered on top of the wooden table and an argument threatened to break out between men of varying ages. Although the air was charged, their actions remained calm which were a heavy contrast to the aggressiveness in their tones.

They were friends. That much was clear...Even more than that, that were basically brothers who kept to their team and witnessed life and death together when carrying out their shady businesses or doing whatever was ordered with maximum efficiency.

The entire building above and around them was dreary and not in a good way. Ever so often a muffled scream would sound out from one specific place but no one paid any special attention to that. Again, some pour soul mustve tried swindling out of paying their debt. Debt collecting was a major funding part of their operations so that much they were used to.

The solemn mood from earlier that still lingered only presented itself because someone brought up a pretty dismal topic but after that, it later fizzled out by an expertly done maneuver by someone else who showed his card after keeping his strict pokerface intact to the end. After winning that round, he reached forward to scrape up the money for himself under the scalding glare of everyone else. He brought back a little normalcy.

Still...only another few minutes ran by and the very bleak subject worked its way back into the forefront, like a plague, done again by the same man who brought it up the first time.

"The boss is fucking insane, I tell you," The man, with a very odd hair cut and deep set eyes and a short scar above his eyebrow that visibly twitched everytime he opened his mouth, spat out with some distate. He went by the name Dan among his companions. Dan brought up this topic every chance he got.

The others, four other men, three younger and one older looked over at him with sullen faces.

"Ah this again..."

"We've been over this already Dan-"

"I know, I know," he listed a hand in surrender, "-but it still bugs the fuck outta me man," He crossed his arms. The others rolled their eyes and turned back to the card game they were playing to past time.

"If you dont like it, try taking it up with the boss." Someone suggested offhandedly, although his voice was filled with ridicule and tease, one could not miss the pinch of respect mixed in.

"I most definitely will not," Dan snarled in reply, "-you fucktards saw what happened to little Johny when he spoke up about this didn't you? He got his fucking face bashed in-!"

"Exactly," One of the men looked away from his cards and hid his laugh with a cough, "You know boss has a temper yet you're here calling boss man insane as if you dont know these walls have ears?" He took a card up from the deck then grimaced when it wasn't to his liking. He then took up another one.

"Down here I can say whatever the fuck I want, if boss finds out then I'd know that one of you little shits snitched on me," He took his knife from its sheath and picked at the table with its razor sharp edge. "No one likes a snitch-"

"Can you shut up already?" The guy who was in the middle of his turn huffed out, his eyes were filled with irritation and a muscle in his temple was twitching rapidly.

"You got a problem with me?"

"I just think you're very mouthy for a man who cowers like a little bitch infront of the boss. No different from us," The same guy mumbled making the men around the table snicker, "-You got a fucking problem? You should let boss hear them instead of bothering us, I'm sure he'll be very welcoming-"

"Shut it dipshit." Dan growled and the guy rolled his eyes.

A moment of silence ensued.

Dan watch them then smiled, "-Anyway guys, as I was saying...its such a idiotic move isnt it-" He repeated the subject like a broken record making a few of them sigh in irritation.

He didnt dare at all and continued, "-This mission is so important and what do we do? Give the reigns to a narcissistic nut job. Put our lives on the line and depend on an idiot to make the shot?"

"-Is that right? Guys? That's not how we do things here- boss must be out of his mind-" Dan ranted to give an end to the feeling plaguing him.

Someone coughed, "I honestly don't care..."

"No one gives a fuck how you feel pissboy," Dan pointed his knife in his direction then looked towards the other guys who chuckled, "-We're all good at what we do, you know how fucking rich we'd be if we were the ones making that shot? I don't get why boss is passing up such an opportunity."

"Its all in our best interest, moron," the previous man shook his head solemnly, "You truly have no idea how this works do you?"

"As a matter of fact, I dont, educate me."

"Don't waste your time," another card holder shook his head, "He's all brawn and his head's too tough, he wouldn't get it."

"But I like educating the dumb-"

"Oh so now I'm dumb?" The man rolled his eyes, "You saw that shit? That idiot can't even hold a gun-"

"He'll do it if he knows what's best for him-" Someone spoke darkly.

"I disagree, he misses and it's our heads on the chopping board," Dan stabbed the knife into the desk and leaned back into his chair.

"Can't miss at point blank range dumbass," another man rolled his eyes, "See, our job is simple, get him as close as possible and get the hell out when shit hits the fan- easy as hell...don't tell me you'd want that scapegoat's position?"

The man who'd been so mouthy before, went silent with the deepest set frown. "Still think we'd be better at it-" he murmured.

"We or you?"

"Hey-!" someone in the corner, sitting some feet away from them knocked at the stool and shouted, "Boss's rep is coming, look alive."

Hearing this, the majority of the group ended their game of cards with a huff, standing up and straightening themselves out of their leisure. The one who won the most made sure to pocket all his cash as the others upped and left, he then hurried to catch up with them.

Sure enough, a few moments later there was a few hard raps on the thick iron door leading down to the basement. As it opened, they all went without waiting on their summons.

The short young man waiting outside with mousey features and a thin girly waist clearly visible from the tightfitted clothes he wore peeked in, then immediately stepped back as each men came out.

"Boss's calling for y-"

"No need," the man at front that was built much bigger than the guy waved him off, "We know Boss's ready for us."

"Is it time yet?" Another asked, stretching his neck muscles.

"Not sure, ask the boss," the young man turned swiftly and walked away.

Behind him the group of five shadowed and walked some paces behind him. They knew the route well and didn't need his guidance yet he guided them anyway. The left the hallways to the basement and got to the lobby area of their huge building. Sure enough it was loud and roudy, men everywhere, a few women here and there dressed very skimpy. It was no wonder they chose to occupy the basement to get some peace from all this activity.

A few minutes into their walk, the complaining man from earlier, Dan, suddenly had his eyes glued to the young man's back. He watched him for nearly a minute and then turned to his friend walking beside him with a smirk. "Boss's bitch, that one."

His friend guffawed loudly, "-Bet it's still tight too."

Hearing this, the men infront if them broke out into loud laughter.

The young man leading up front simply rolled his eyes uncaringly, he was much too used to their jabs by now and it didn't bother him one bit.

"So childish," he murmured with a deep set frown.

As they got on and off the elevator then walked to their destination, that young man was quick to leave and go about his business. The group fizzed out and their captain was the only one to step inside the boss's meeting room. Funnily enough, their captain was the one they were all cursing at earlier, Dan.

It was as if he transformed to a different man entirely as he stepped inside, his knife was nowhere to be seen and his expression was blank although his eye did twitch a little upon glimpsing the scene he walked into.

There was his boss of course, Mr Lawson at the head of the table, hair long down to his shoulders yet didn't make him appear feminine in anyway. His beard was rough and his sharp gray eyes were piecing. Dan held familiarity with that man.

Also sitting around the table was another man, one Dan didn't quite like or dislike. Dan recognized him as Isaac. He was a particular man with particular qualities. Hawk like calculating eyes, upright manipulating nature and with the tempernent of a snake that could stab you in the back repeatedly while smiling and apologizing.

The final one, who the captain didn't think deserved to be in a miles radius of his boss, was a man named Ethan, the one that inspired his entire earlier rant.

That piece of animal faeces was still around...unfortunately.

Just seeing that man spiked an uncontrollable rage inside Dan but he kept his cool by grounding his teeth, watching Ethan for a few seconds then looking away before he got too triggered by it. He sighed and found peace within himself, as hard as it was to do so.

He trusted Lawson more han he hated those two. Lawson had many favourable plans for the future.

Their boss, Lawson, was one who's smarts and ambition drove them. He built an underground empire after the world above robbed him of his passion and livelihood and it was thriving. A year ago when Dan entered this world, he learned the workings of the world. Who did what, who ruled who. He learned of the corruption that made the world go round and leaned of giants and families that stood tall with vast influences over many sectors. It was no secret that like so many others, his boss, Lawson, was blacklisted by one specific person and endured hell afterwards. That was a well known fact that spurred the birth of their underground business.

Dan understood his boss had a bone to pick with that specific man...he understood why his boss would go the extent of partnering with Isaac the snake in order to give ends to old feelings. It wasn't everyday that someone was ballsy enough to do something about the one man that stood ontop of many. And not only was Isaac ballsy, he came with a well thought out, invigorating plan and a sizable sum of money that few in their line of work would pass up on.

That was weeks ago.

Soon enough, Dan came to learn of Ethan. One who was surprisingly also on that blacklist which usually... only notable people found themselves on.

What Dan couldn't understand though, is why such a normal man...a waste of space, delusional idiot with a probable personality disorder was also in the Osoro's blacklist. And why was that waste being tasked with the most important part in all of this.

He met Ethan personally weeks ago since they'd have to work together, and their meet did not go well. In fact, it took two of his friends to keep him from stabbing some holes into the man.

He'd much rather do the entire thing himself but since Boss's words were law, he kept his complaints mostly to the basement and his team.

"You finally decided to join us?"

Dan, the captain felt his eye twitch even more. The one who acknowledged him wasn't even his boss. It was Ethan the fuctwad with the skewed scale of his own self importance. It had only been some days since he was granted a seat at the bosses table and he already let it get to his head.

His boss, ever so easygoing did not speak out against it either.

Why...why was everyone buttering up to this...man? Everyday Dan went crazy trying to figure it out.

Dan didn't acknowledge Ethan, "You called boss?"

"Yes," His boss, Lawson, answered smoothly, "take a seat, quickly."

Dan scoped out the available chairs then something burnt hot inside his chest as he saw the only one available closest to him was beside Ethan. Dan wouldn't have it. He chose to be extra and walked around the huge table to sit on the opposite side, plainly ignoring the eyes following him.

As he sat, his boss continued with finality, "Its time."

Hearing this made Dan's brows raise, he found his bosses revelation very surprising. It was true that they increased surveillance on that one man yet never found an opening. It wasn't to anyone's suprise then, which man of his stature would dare to walk free like a normal man as if eyes, both good and vengeful was paying attention to his every step. And even if he did walk freely...the perimeter around that one man was strictly guarded nowadays and most likely armed, even moreso than months before. If Dan wasn't any smarter he'd think the man suspected something strange in the air.

Mr Osoro was always guarded to the teeth. There was at least five personal bodyguards in the area making themselves invisible by blending in. They kept the crowd to a minimum, stopped people from taking pictures and mostly stopped any bystanders from trying anything funny whenever he stepped out in the open. And Dan guessed that maybe there were even more to back up that five, ones even they couldn't see.

Dan's eyes were trained as an army dropout, he counted that much the last time he was tasked with surveillance. He had to stay on the roof some blocks down and watch through binoculars then leave in the next minute before he was spotted. He guessed with was the same for every member in the Osoro family too. They really were much too important of a family to wander off without bodyguards.

Each one in that family was worth more than the last and it could tempt some very...opportunistic people if they weren't careful. Opportunistic people like them.

"Is it the woman?" Dan asked after a second, referring to the one and only partner that was glued to Mr Osoro's side. Her name was a forgettable one and in his opinion, she wasn't that amazing or pretty. Ethan although he regarded her oddly fiercely disagreed with him on this and that contributed with their rising distate for each other. Dan really thought that man was slowly sinking into madness and the environment of this place sped it up by ten times. He was a nutjob. Dan didn't want to work with a deranged nutjob.

Still...in contrast to Elijah Osoro who kept one straight route back and forth, she was everywhere on most afternoons. It was such a shame they couldn't pick her off and use her to get to their main goal since she was never alone either, they didnt have the manpower to use other means either. It was safe to say she had twice as much eyes on her and her surroundings which showed just how important she was to a specific person. He really thought it was such a shame...

Lawson shook his head, looking very contemplative. "Not the woman, something came up and I'll brief you in a bit on it while were on the move, you just gotta ensure to me right here and now that you or your team won't fuck this up." His boss smiled thinly, an edge to his voice..

Dan's eyes went wide with tangible incredulity. What the-! "Me? Fuck this up?" He turned to look at Ethan, the accusation in his voice was clear as he gestured with his hands, "I think that remark should be directed to him instead."

"Me?" Ethan immediately appeared offended and glared at Dan sitting across from him.

"Yes, who the fuck you you think I was pointing at? Santa-?"

"Come on men, no need to start now-" Isaac began only to be cut off as John reached down and sent something across the table.

"Hey catch-!"

It was much too fast for Ethan. The gun slid to the edge and tipped off, falling with and audible sound on the ground.

"Ha," He chortled loudly, "And your reflexes are still shit slow no matter what they teach you, you think you're good enough to take out someone like Osoro?" He laughed mockingly, "Laughable! that's what this is."

Neither Isaac nor Lawson said anything as Dan doubled over with laughter. Their gazes met soon after. Ethan only had a odd look in his eyes but didn't say a word.

"I'll handle it," The boss sighed. He waved his hand and Isaac got up, prompting Ethan to do the same. As the men left and the door slammed to a close, the boss's razor sharp glare snapped to his underling.

"We've been though this before, now you're just fucking overdoing it," Lawson frowned. He lifted a hand to push his hair over his shoulder as he leaned back.

"Yeah I know," John huffed, "but no mater what...it still doesn't mean I gotta be okay with it-"

"You're acting like a petulant child, Dan." His boss made sure to point out surprisingly calmly.

"-I know this usually is your call to make but this is in your best interest, whether you like it or not-" he smiled. As he did there was a very chilling glint in his eyes, "He can fuck it up, infact, I sincerely hope he does but you...fuck it up and your actions will have consequences."

Dan went quiet, remembering the plan they had to stick to. "...Whatever."

"Unless," Lawson began again, "Unless you'd like to be the one left behind to take the fall after shit hits the fan?" His boss tilted his head to the side.

Dan understood the plan wasn't as simple as it seemed yet he hated working with Ethan enough to still roll his eyes. His dislike for than man made him contrary by default.

"There never a guarantee, I have to make sure my men are well taken care of, plus having one of my men left behind would be disastrous and distateful, they'd trace us and get those dogs of the state in their pockets to pick us all off one by one... You get his importance, don't you?"

Dan heard this rundown of the situation more than once. He huffed out a breath of air and looked away. "He wont be useful, a clown like him...be might get put down first," he mumbled to himself. Security for a man like Osoro was no joke and such a great plan it was, but he didn't completely trust it. It was almost too perfect so he had his heavy doubts.

Dream big," Lawson stood, hands still on the table as he leaned forward.

"-With that specific man out of the way, the pressure he's putting on many sectors would loosen, operations and competitors he silently blocked will regain their foothold and people like us, we'll finally have a way to integrate. Better profits...more capital... Everyone wins!" He chuckled. "Well...most definitely not Osoro but you get me don't you?"

He walked to where Ethan was sitting before and bent to fish the gun up off the floor, sliding it back to Dan.

"Now, refrain from scaring our little sacrificial lamb wont you? Unless you'd like me to strip you of everything I gave you and put you in his role instead."

A muscle in Dan's jaw ticked and he lifted both hands in surrender as he got up. "...Fine, Sorry boss."

"Good, now go ready up, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, we have work to do."

His boss eyes never left his back as he left.

♤♤♤

"Sophia-"

The slight urgency in his voice could not be mistaken and it made tiny goosebumps rise on her skin. The wind was cool although it was only the daytime. Wind sent the long tied straps of her clothes fluttering a little but she was as warm as ever, her hair tied back in a cute scarf design Garcia tasked herself with doing.

Sophia looked sunkissed, although the heat of the sun could barely be felt with them being so high up in this cool windy weather.

They were on the balcony of his condo that they rarely never went, the people beneath them looked more like ants when Sophia took peeks down. Elijah was lounging not to far away. Previously she was sitting beside him but got deathly bored as he just typed away on that laptop she grew to despise.

She later left his side to entertain herself elsewhere then the sights below pretty much caught her full attention. From where she stood she couldn't see him so she turned.

The goosebumps on the back of her neck never disappeared as she stared towards where he sat. Elijah, bless his soul, had finally put the darn thing down and his dark eyes were staring at her a little bit wearily.

Sophia cocked an eyebrow, "What?"

"Don't wander so close to the edge-"

"But I'm not..." Sophia looked back to where she was standing then at the distance, then back to him. Her stare was very dry. "You call this close?"

"Its close enough."

Sophia rolled her eyes turning away from him, "Don't you have work? Why bother me?"

"Come sit with me again, I work better when you're right here," he patted the space where she'd been sitting just now, looking at her very soulfully.

Sophia rolled her eyes again and turned away, "Corny," she muttered more to herself.

A moment of silence passed.

"Corny?"

Sophia nearly jumped clean out of her skin as she heard him again, a lot closer too. She turned in a flash and there he was.

Sophia took a step back, then was brought forward as he caught her arm. "You! You're way to big to be moving like that-!" She spoke in a hurry because of her surprise.

Elijah paused to look down at himself, "Am I big or are you just too short for your age?" He wondered out loud, "Are you calling me fat?"

"If that's your conclusion then-"

"You're always so mean to me," he spoke in a soft sorrowful tone that could clench the hearts of unsuspecting women.

Sophia, as she was tugged face first into his sweet smelling chest, fought the urge to step on his toes. Why must he always get whatever he wanted? "Now, you know got damn well-"

She was interrupted by a small knock that resounded behind them. Sophia froze then fought out of his hold to see who was knocking on the glass. The fight was useless as he did not budge one bit.

Still he turned and that gave her the opportunity to see who it was.

Garcia was there, looking like someone's nosy aunt as she held up a phone and gestured to it.

Sophia's brows shot up and she smiled thinly up at him. "You keep forgetting how busy you are, they're calling you now Mr Osoro Sir-!"

Elijah frowned a bit then under her provocative smile, he had to release her and go get that phone. Sophia, even when free, still followed him as he went. He rarely took calls so this ought to be good, she thought.

He took it and both Garcia and Sophia waited and watched as if it was a spectacle.

Their gazes must've been quite unnerving because Elijah stared at them once, his brows furrowed as he listened and he went someplace else.

Sophia shared a look with Garcia. before she could question who was on the phone she heard Elijah's slightly suprised outburst.

"Wait...they're here!? Right now?" He spoke a bit louder than usual and Sophia's brows flew upwards.

Who's here-!?

"Garcia," Sophia began sweetly, so sweet her voice could cause diabetes. "When you picked up the phone...who was it?"

"It was the gate security," Garcia didn't hesitate, looking just as interested as Sophia was.

"Do you have any idea at all-" who that could be?

"No I-"

"Okay send them up," Garcia was cut off by Elijah's soft sigh and reply.

He walked back with heavy steps and Garcia took the phone, she didnt linger any longer than needing to. Sophia was left alone to properly stare up at him quizzically and with loads of curiosity.

"Who-?" She circled Elijah as he walked back to the lounging area to get his stuff.

"Guess," he randomly spoke after picking up his laptop.

Sophia still circled him, "What if I don't wanna- I hope this isn't someone from work-!" Sophia accused and as he paused briefly, her suspicions were almost proven correct.

He turned to face her with a smile, "That isn't entirely false..."

Sophia's mouth dropped open, "Bringing your work into the house again? Why don't you send me away while you're at it," she poked at him.

"I can't, Sophia," Elijah caught her hand, "I'd miss you too much."

Sophia felt her face heat up at his honesty and she rolled her eyes, quickly walking away before he could catch her smile. She walked back towards the glass doors and she made sure her clothes were in the correct order. She didn't know why but... she was looking forward to this..interruption to their daily routine.

She had great many expectations of who it would be and all her guesses were blown away as the front doors swung open. Wait, not all of them, suprisingly he was among the list of people she thought would come in the next few minutes. The others however? Not so much.

The one who entered was a very familiar face, and the others who followed were also familiar in a sense. She just hadn't been expecting this.

Jiho, she remembered him and his name looked completely fed up and was evidently drained with those dark bags under his eyes as he led them in. "You dang troublemakers," he paused to hiss at them as they walked in, "You're here now- don't come running back to me when big brother eats you alive," he growled out as if Elijah was some bad omen.

Still, it seemed to get the reaction he wanted because one out of the two that came in went frozen with fright.

Sophia shared a glance with Elijah who suddenly looked just as tired for what was to come and she covered her laugh with a hand.

Jiho, realizing something wasn't quite right went deathly still and turned. Upon seeing Elijah, he pursed his lips shut the quicky recover, "Oh big brother, Glad to see you're well, and Sophia! Looking amazing as always," he quickly began flattery with his silver tongue.

Sophia didnt pay attention to him. Her eyes were elsewhere. They were just...girls-! Both of them too in the flesh, totally not what Sophia was expecting.

She was happly to welcome all three, "Dont speak of Elijah that way," she crept up on Jiho, hugging him although he looked scared to death by that one action, (which was exactly why she kept on doing it) "-He's nice."

Hearing her voice, Jiho peeled himself away so fast he almost tripped. "Ah, Sophia, these two have being on and on about you-" His eyes looked glassy and relieved as he straighted his suit and tie, no different than a parent happy to dump their kids off at grandparent's place.

His eyes were begging desperately even.

"What's going on here?" Elijah questioned before Sophia had the opportunity to ask. Jiho turned to him and looked a lot more obedient, close to bowing and prostrating himself.

"Look, Sir-"

"Elijah," Sophia corrected him.

Jiho pretended he didn't hear, "-I know you said not to bother you but these two...they showed up at work since morning and they treated me so horribly, I'm only a young man, my future is still bright-" He spoke so pathetically that even Sophia started to pity him. Just what did these two do to bring him down to this state?

The two troublemakers in question looked as innocent as two snowy lambs that could do no wrong. Amelia was dressed in a form fitting sun dress and still wore her coat, her bone straight hair down was over her shoulder. Her face was bare but she looked like something out of a teen vogue magazine even when dressed 'down'. She even appeared shocked at Jiho's accusation and blinked in surprises. The much younger one in a coat that resembled Little-Red-Riding-Hood's also looked around innocently, like a doll.

"Whatever do you mean?" The younger one, Evangeline began in the softest and cutest voice and to follow it up. Amelia continued along with her, "We only missed our big brother and thought to visit..."

Jiho frowned and stood up straight, pointing a now shaky hand at the two who behaved so differently than what he described "You little-! Amelia I know this is your little ploy! There, you win, I'm telling Dad to take his gold card from you the next chance I get-! You cant be popping up like that while I'm trying to work-"

Amelia gasped with wide eyes, "A ploy? Brother are you okay?"

"I'm quite fine!"

"See you appeared so," she lifted a hand to cover her mouth, "We did find you sitting in big brother's chair as if you're the bo-"

Jiho went visibly pale and made a sound to shut her up immediately.

Sophia guessed they'd been at this for quite a while since Jiho looked so riled up. She laughed quietly and shared a glance with Elijah who appeared as if this was beyond him.

"You...You chit!" Jiho finally snapped, "See that's why you'll never grow-!"

"Ah Jiho," Sophia immediately stepped in as she noticed Amelia's face twitch and her smile hardening. It just went from funny to possible dangerous for him. "-No need to get rash, I'll get Garcia to get you some water and for these two...we always welcome guests, especially if they're family-"

"On the contrary-!" Elijah cleared his throat and began but was immediately driven to silence as Sophia's hawk like gaze shot to him. Her gaze held a threat.

Seeing this interaction. The two girls smiled a cheshire smile, from ear to ear.

"I like you big sis, can we have tea together?" Amelia asked in a sudden posh little voice, appearing apathetic but from her eyes, anyone could tell this was far off from her only request.

"Well since you're here, why don't we all gather..."

"Great!" Amelia looked satisfied with herself, victorious even, and she avoided staring in a specific someone's direction. Sophia didnt know what was going through that head of hers but shrugged it off.

This was an opportunity that fell right onto her lap so she wasn't going to let it slip away. She met Jiho so much overtime that they quickly reached a casual familiarity but she rarely had a chance to get to know Elijah's sisters, this was amazing.

"Oh and which flavor would you like?"

"Sweet tea-"

"CREPES! With lots of chocolate-!" As if she'd been holding it in too long now, the words slipped from Evangeline's lips in a rush.

Sophia found it cute how even in a place like this, she stuck to the side of the one she was closest to, nearly yelling into Amelia's ears.

Amelia frowned, "You know what mom would say if she caught you eating desserts so early."

Evangeline looked left and then she looked right, "Mom's not here right now is she?"

Amelia's mouth fell open, she later lifted a hand to pinch at the little girls cheek, "When did you start rebelling-"

"Me?" Evangeline nearly yelled lifting her hands to her face, "-But you said we'd get crepes here-"

"I also told mom we were going to a park," Amelia mumbled, "See? Untruths."

Evangeline eyes widened, "Its wrong to lie-!"

"Pfft as if mom would've let you out of her sight anyways-"

"Girls," Sophia interrupted as she noticed the topic veering off, "You can have whatever you want, sit here and I'll go fetch Garci-" Sophia muttered unthinkingly and wasn't aware of the trap she walked herself right into.

Both girls paused and slowly turned towards her.

"Anything?" Evangeline perked up.

"We want?" Amelia also perked up in that same fashion. At this moment both girls almost looked like twins.

Sophia felt cornered. "Uh...yeah I guess?"

"I like Sophia," Evangeline smiled.

"I always liked Sophia, even before you did," Amelia spoke over her sister and took a step towards Sophia.

Sophia felt something in her chest flutter. Their resemblance to Elijah was so uncanny. Both of them were tugging on her heartstrings. Even while feeling this way, something deep within, her sixth sense maybe, expressed a very profound feeling of her just stepping on a mine field.

Sophia was weak to cuteness and as both girls continued their flattery, she was slowly crumbling. As they spoke, Sophia wondered how could anyone refuse touch simply requests.

Was this how they got Jiho to do what they wanted? Even while Elijah's consequences loomed over his head he still brought them here anyhow?

"Since Sophia said we could have anything, I want a crepe this-" Evangeline opened her hands, mimicking the size of a large pizza, "-big!"

"Forget tea, theres this place we passed on the way here...the city mall I think? I rarely ever get to go because I have so many classes...." She trailed off solemnly, her suggestion clear.

"But I want crepes now-!" Evangeline frowned.

"There's a pastry shop and other shops in there-! I bet its so better than the healthy stuff mom's chef makes!"

Evangeline thought, "With no strawberries and loads of chocolate?" Her eyes were nearly shining as she asked.

"Or we could go to Kings pastries afterwards...I bet they give you your own bottle of chocolate too-"

Evangleline eyes went wide, as if her world view scattered, "That's obscene! Amazing!"

"Mom would be so mad if she found out," Amelia giggled.

"My own bottle," Evangeline still thought and imagined hard.

As both of them continued back and forth, Sophia could hardly keep up. When they turned to her with their huge puppy dog eyes, she crumbled even more.

Oh God! What did I walk myself into...

Nearly half an hour later, Sophia had the opportunity to crawl away (metaphorically of course) barely holding on due to their flattery and found her way back to the main area where Elijah sat discussing something very seriously with Jiho who now had a tablet he rapidly typed on.

As if sensing her presence, Elijah looked up and Jiho followed.

Seeing her state, Jiho looked like he expected it. He turned back to Elijah then averted his eyes as he spoke, "Knew Sophia would be no match for those two teaming up!" He continued, "Sir why dont you scold to those two again, its about ti-"

"No." Elijah did not hesitate. Mostly because he had stories of his own. The most impressive one being when they expressed their sisterly love and 'respect'. Sucessfully swindling over a million in spending money as he got fed up with it.

Elijah soon learned that if his gaze wasn't enough to scare those two away on special days, opening his wallet would work 100%. He definitely wouldn't test the theory again today, not when he had so much thing to do.

One could almost see the smoke leaving Sophia's head as she sat with a barely audible huff. Her cheeks were hot. Those two was a force to be reckoned with if they really put their minds to it.

Elijah looked at Jiho once and he was ever so knowledgeable to appear dumb and blind. Elijah then drew Sophia up in his arms with a soft smile. "You lasted longer than I thought, what is it this time-"

Sophia didn't have the heart to explain that they now had the mall to visit, possible boat ride in the ocean, and somewhere called king pastries,(dubbed only the best in the city by Amelia), to take up their time for the rest of the day. They would've got her to agree to much more if Garcia, her shining light, didn't pop up with cool sweet teaz the most efficient distraction.

Sophia smiled a little lopsidedly, forgetting Jiho who sat just across from then in seconds. (Could she be blamed? He was expert at hiding in plain sight.).

"I hope you're not too busy for the rest of the day," she muttered with a heavy sigh to Elijah.

"And if you are," she held both sides of his face in her hands, his skin was soft. "You're not."

• • •

Ahhh FINALLY.

Thank you so much for waiting guys♡♡♡ Ily all.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I really do hope to see you all next chapter (sooner rather than later -.-) Also remember to vote, comment and share♡♡♡

Nessa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 40.8K 39
18+ "BABY GIRL I'M NOT SURE I CAN GO ANY FURTHER WITHOUT FUCKING YOU SO HARD THAT YOU'LL SCREAM MY NAME" I feel heat run down to my core. Fuck i want...
4.6M 108K 25
Join me in my penthouse suite. I will make you feel things you have never felt before... Sophia has always believed that she did not need a man in he...
269K 7.5K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
190K 7.8K 43
I looked down at my freshly painted acrylic nails. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. Although I was having a good time. It was time for...