The Devil's Redemption | โœ“

By mdelicate

๐Œ๐ข๐š ๐‘๐จ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ฎ๐ž๐ณ. Even being born right next to the cruel and sick crime life never changed the char... More

Introduction
Aesthetics
Playlist
|1| The aftermath
|2| The pills
|3| The figuring
|4| The rain
|5| The two steps back
|6| The help
|7| The entertainment
|8| The past lies in the cards
|9| The first session
|10| The promise
|11| The smile to the past
|12| The red polish
|13| The hunt
|14| The sharing
|15| The consequences of existing
|16| The confused
|17| The unexpected
|18| The jealousy
|19| The night
|20| The realization
|21| The opening up
|22| The plead
|23| The note
|24| The fear of failure
|25| The reality of who we are
|27| The things we truly desire
|28| The intimacy
|29| The album
|30| The link
|31| The distraction
|32| The email
|33| The news
|34| The things we regret
|35| The accusations
|36| The stick to what's important
|37| The not giving up
|38| The decision
|39| The opportunity
|40| The reunion
|41| The explanation
|42| The letting go
|43| The comfort
|44| The morning light
|45| The conversation
|46| The worry
|47| The decions we should have made
|48| The statement
|49| The meeting
|50| The puzzle
|51| The never letting go
|52| The new part of him
|53| The start of the downfall
|54| The forgiveness
|55| The way down
|56| The things we would do
|57| The hate to love
|58| The familiar
|59| The already too late
|60| The way we are
|61| The we will be alright
|62| The hiding
|63| The downside of love
|64| The wrong way of coping
|65| The things we do for others
|66| The confession
|67| The past that hunts us
|68| The history
|69| The fault
|70| The call
|71| The fix whats broken
|72| The man who is never enough
|73| The lies
|74| The annotations
|75| The facing reality
|76| The last few days
|77| The cutting off
|78| The last resort
|79| The broken
|80| The irrational
|81| The apologies
|82| The fight for that someone
|83| The one to blame
|84| The far too gone
|85| The missing us
|86| The trial
|87| The biggest mistake ever
|88| The strange
|89| The misery
|90| The world falling apart
|91| The life we could have had
|92| The chance
|93| The truth behind the words
|94| The call
|95| The family
|96| The last move
|97| The man in the past
|98| The letters
|99| The end
|100| The Epilogue
The family |Bonus chapter|
The Christmas |Bonus chapter|

|26| The things we should have done

8.7K 327 150
By mdelicate

Leaving her is probably the hardest thing I have ever done but I had to. Nothing good could have come from us sleeping together just then, not when I am this frustrated. I would only hurt her and she deserves something better than that. I can give her so much better than that.

So putting my arm to stop the first taxi I see it parks right in front of me and I lose no time getting my crutches inside and climbing in.

"41 Park Row," I say to the driver that looks down at my bloody shirt with concern. "Don't worry, it's mine." He nods slowly (not relieved in the slightest) and drives away.

I know this is a long shot, I have no idea if Castillo is at his house but I guess I will figure it out soon enough.

Searching for my phone around my suit jacket I finally find it and dial Martin, he picks up straight away even if it's probably around three am.

"The plan has changed," I tell him.

"What, when?" He asks confused.

"Right now, go to his house as soon as you can. It's happening." I explain.

"Carlos, what are you going to do?" Now he doesn't sound confused he sounds worried.

"Something I should have done a long time ago." I hung up, the taxi driver looking at me through the mirror wondering if he should throw me out of the cab or not.

"Keep driving." I look directly at him through the reflection and he nods again as he looks back at the road.

The drive to his house feels like forever but when I finally hear the words of the driver saying how much it is I hand him a hundred and get out as fast as my body allows me. My legs hurt like a bitch, my nose is still sore, and I know that if I'm not dead lying on the bed right now it's just because of the adrenaline.

"How the fuck do I get inside the building?" I look around and find there's an intercom and thankfully no doorman.

Taking my phone again I call the only person I guess he would be dumb enough to open to.

"What's wrong?" Carolina picks up.

"I need your help, plans changed. I'm at his building, there's no way he will open the door for me so I'm gonna ring his floor when he replies I need you to speak so he thinks it's you. Make it sound believable." I explain.

"Okay, okay I got this." She replies confidently and I press the button a few times until he finally answers.

"Who the fuck is it?" He asks rudely.

"Mason? Hey, I'm- It's Carolina, I'm soooo sorry about what happened tonight. I wanted-to apologize." Carolina asks acting drunk.

"How did you get my address?" He asks suspiciously.

"Lyla, I'm sorry... I asked her because I felt like- you know I shouldn't have run away I'm so so so sorry. I wasn't myself, would you forgive me?" Her voice changes just so slightly, still acting drunk but with a little of a flirty tone.

"Are you drunk?" He asks not suspicious any longer.

"A little." She giggles. "Any way I could pay it up to you?"

He stays silent and for a second I think we lost him but then the door opens and the intercom loses connection. This woman deserves her Oscar.

"You are a genius, Carolina," I tell her honestly.

"Give him what he deserves." I might not be able to see her but I know she is smiling.

"Will do." I hang up and get inside the building going for the elevator and up to Mason's apartment.

Once there I knock on his door get ready and wait for him to open.

"Mason Castillo?" I ask as he stares at me with a blank look.

"Wait, who? Who are you?" He looks to the side probably searching for Carolina but when he doesn't see her he looks back at me finally figuring out the situation.

"Who I am doesn't matter," I mutter pushing him inside the house as hard as I can without losing ahold of my crutches.

"Hey, hey man listen." He tries to regain balance. "Whatever that girl told you, she is lying. She wanted me, man, it's not my fault your girlfriend is a slut."

"I'm not here for her." I get closer. "But I would advise you to watch your language."

He gives a step back and looks me up and down assessing the situation. Then he straightens himself out and gives one more step but this time he moves towards me.

"Come on man, you really wanna do this? There's no reason for this to turn ugly." He looks down at my missing leg with a relieved smile. "What are you even gonna do dude?"

"I'm going to make you sure you regret your whole existence," I say as I let go of my right crutch and throw the left one up, catching it with both of my hands mid-air and swinging it at his legs with full force.

"God- Fuck!" He falls to the floor like a dead weight and I smile satisfied. Who knew crutches would come this handy?

Getting closer with the help of the single crutch I have left he crawls back, fast and without any sense of direction. And he doesn't get far because he is met with a column.

"We can talk this out." He holds his arms up as if that could stop me.

Not so tough anymore.

"Can we?" I whisper slowly as I get down next to him, grab his collar and throw him against the hard floor. The wood creaking underneath his weight.

"Please, this is a misunderstanding." He tries, his voice low.

"Really? You aren't going to fight? What's the fun of that? I thought this was the part you enjoyed." I smile punching him on the nose, blood spurting out as he tries to escape from my grasp without any luck.

"What are you talking about?" He manages to ask, his voice breaking.

"Think, it will come to you." I bring my fist up again as he keeps on struggling, trying to put his hands around my neck but he doesn't have enough strength and I still have the upper hand so I'm able to land another good punch, this time to his jaw. All my pent-up tension leaving with each blow.

It just gets better when he starts to cough, the blood coming out from his nose getting inside his mouth.

"Stop, stop." He breathes heavily, the blood coming out of him dyeing his white shirt in the most perfect beautiful shade of red.

"Fight, do something," I tell him going for another punch, one that I can't land on him because somehow he manages to kick me on my left leg, the pain so intense that it makes me stumble back and he is able to escape.

"Like that?" He mutters proudly, moving in my direction and hitting my leg again, this time with his fist.

"Shit!" I shout, my vision getting blurry as I try to get away with the help of my hands. The stinging pain making me wince at my every move.

"Oh oh." He whispers as my back meets what's probably a coffee table. "Now what?" I can't really see him, everything is blurry but I can tell by his voice that he is getting closer and that he can't get up. He is crawling.

But even though he doesn't have much strength left I know that if he hits me on my leg one more time I'm going to lose consciousness, I can't control that kind of pain so I start to frantically touch around me, trying to find something I can throw at him.

And when my vision gets back just so slightly I can finally distinguish how close he is and how little time I have.

I'm about to give up my plan and go
with something else when my hand finally crashes against something. Not caring about what it might be I grip it firmly and when I see him just over me I hit with the unknown object on his head and it shatters, sending glass everywhere around the room.

He collapses on his side, glass cracking under his weight as he grasps for oxygen. I take the opportunity to grip him by the collar once again and smash his head against the floor. Pieces of glass dig into his skin making dozens of little cuts and the crash is so loud that I wouldn't be surprised if his skull had cracked open.

"Not so fun anymore is it? Getting thrown against stuff." I whisper in his ear still holding his face against the broken glass and get back up to see the look on his face. He finally figures it out.

"Please, please stop." He begs, nothing more than fear in his eyes at this point.

"Why should I? Did you stop when she told you to?" I ask, putting my hands around his neck and squeezing. Not hard enough to kill him but enough to make him freak out.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." His cries make my blood boil knowing that that was probably her at some point, begging him to stop. He is going to regret touching her or any woman.

"I'm not," I say, loud and clear as I grasp his hair one more time and bring him up.

"Police! Stop right now!" The voice of a man getting inside the house makes me freeze right on the stop and I let go of Mason, his body falling lifeless to the ground.

Bringing my hands up I turn around to find Martin running in my direction.

"Help please, he attacked me," Mason mutters between coughs while still lying on the floor.

"Move back, hands up front," Martin orders me and I comply looking down at Mason.

"Listen to me and listen carefully, you come near her ever again, you try to figure out who I am or press charges and you are dead. Do you hear me?" I tell him slowly as Martin hands me my crutches.

Mason stares at us, confused at our interaction and not understanding a thing of what's going on.

"He is gonna need a fucking ambulance, this isn't what it was supposed to happen," Martin whispers in my ear.

"Deal with it." I stand up slowly as Martin kneels next to Mason and cuffs him.

"Wait? What, what are you doing?" Mason asks nervously.

"Mason Castillo, you are under arrest for the sexual assault of Carolina Tribbiani. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." Martin tells him his rights as he brings him up. "And you, get out of here before more men come." He turns to me and I nod.

"Remember my words, Castillo, I won't give you another chance," I tell him, one last time before turning around and strolling away.

If I killed him she would never forgive me and after all, someone like him deserves something worst than death he deserves to rote in jail and I won't stop until he is behind bars.

But first, I have to get back to her so I lose no time to get on the first cab I'm able to stop. Pay them extra to go faster and apologize for the blood I leave on the seat when I finally get home.

In moments like this I wish I could run but I can't so choosing to ignore the pain I move as fast as my arms allow me to move and get inside the penthouse. The living room light is on and when I look towards it I find Mia sleeping on the sofa. Her hair down, dark curls cascading around her. She looks angelic, like the most perfect creature to ever exist.

"Mia..." I whisper her name getting to the sofa and sitting down." "I'm back." I smile as her beautiful brown eyes open slowly.

"Carlos, oh my god." She scans my body and stops at my bloody knuckles that I hadn't noticed until just now. "What happened? Where did you go? I was so worried you-"

She can't get to finish because I kiss her, hard and needy not being able to resist it any longer and taking her head between my hands to then let go. Her face pure shock and her body frozen between my arms.

"Do you want this? Do you still want me?" I ask to make sure, I wouldn't do anything she doesn't want to do.

"Yes. Yes, I do." She nods with the biggest of smiles.

"Good because I don't think I will be able to stop." I smile back, bringing her closer and kissing her once again.

Author's note

As always if you are here ty for reading and don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

Don't kill me, I had to give you all something to look forward to and don't worry bc next chapter will be Carlos' pov and well.. get ready ;) (I wanted to fit it all here and I thought I could but it will be way too long so I had to divide it)

And Mason might not be dead but he it isn't over for him yet.. he will pay. Hopefully you all at least enjoyed his suffering.

Ly all,
Maria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 8.5K 9
WARNINGโ€ผ๏ธThis book contains abstruse topics such as Dark Love, Abuse, Violence etc if you are not comfortable with the above please feel free to swip...
59.4K 1.1K 52
This story is purely made from my Imagination. A Mafia Romance By Dylanobriensmami ---------------------- ๐Œ๐ˆ๐‘๐€๐๐„๐‹๐‹๐„ ๐€๐‹๐•๐€๐‘๐„๐’ I was sen...
441K 8.6K 45
BOOK 1 Aaron Russo - Don of the Russo mafia. "To kill or be killed" He had many women in his life but the one thing he didn't do was love or relation...
3.3M 76.9K 56
๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐„๐ง๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone and is a headstrong force to be reckoned...