~ -. Diverted at bay || Netey...

By KoroMarie

-. Y/N & Neteyam destined for something that isn't meant to be. While Y/N means good intentions, these kids... More

- . Chapter 1 ; Missing Falls
- . Chapter 2 ; Feud
- . Chapter 4 ; Memories
- . Chapter 5 ; I can hear you
- . Chapter 6 ; Scream
- . Chapter 7 ; Fresh Love
- . Chapter 8 ; New Era
- . Chapter 9 ; Heart to Heart
- . Chapter 10 ; Dialogue

- . Chapter 3 ; Oncoming

80 2 0
By KoroMarie

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

"Neteyam! Ney!"

Kiri shouted looking around the camp for him. It was dark and getting to the point of sleep for everyone but Kiri was worried for them all. Radio silence filled their family quickly.

Tuk was following behind her as they leaped around looking for them, anyone at that.

"Kiri? What is the matter?"

She crept around the corner and she found Kiri walking towards her. She was confused at the sudden voice of her calling out names.

"Ney is gone! Me and Tuk have looked everywhere."

"Kiri, is brother ok?

Tuk asked Kiri persistently pulling on her arm. She looked up at her with a worried glance, as if she could cry despite it only being a few moments without their family in the cave. It wasn't unusual for their parents to be gone at night or their brothers to take advantage and goof off.

"We can search for them. Make way."

Y/N headed off to her own Ikran, she loved the feeling of knowing she could finally be an asset to people now with her transportation sister.

"No. Stay out of it Y/N. You do not always need to be with him. It'll only make them more upset."

She glared at Y/N with her sentence Y/N's ears went down in an embarrassing look as Kiri got on her own Ikran leaving Tuk on the ground.

"Tuk stay here with Y/N."

They all were upset and annoyed at each other and what was said. Emotions boil over like a pot and nothing for either of them to do anything about it.

They all were tired and wanted to just sleep and wait for the day to be over. For everything to be right again, they have to be kids sharing stories and laughs just as before. Y/N felt the burden and pain Neteyam carried every day.

Y/N didn't like the situation one bit, it felt wrong and it felt off. Why would she stay back when the one person she connected with, is upset at her and gone?

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

It was silent in the forest, the drips of water falling off the leaves of the falling decay. The ever-growing circle of life that receded around them all, even if people wouldn't admit it nature had its course. It was a creepy feeling knowing their deaths were imminent at any moment.

The water was always around them and that is what made it important and special, it swallowed them all whole even if they accepted it or not. The sounds of the forest echoed off of the water and back to its main source constantly, the way the water reflected off of the beams of light and the direct sun was beautiful and serene, Crystal to the eye even.

Scrhhhshshhh

"What was that noise?"

Neytiri looked around a bit on alert and surprised, scared as the sound faded familiarly from times before. She couldn't place her hand on it, maybe it was the feeling of never-ending peace that lay on her mind at night, the dreams of nightmares she had that haunted her throughout time.

Jake sat up and quickly looked around, finally looking into the sky. He saw what was like a star but moved dangerously close, he feared for what his eyes reflected in the beam of the night sky. The several stars that were shown, were like salt thrown into a cat's eyes to attract and submit.

"Neytiri we have to move."

He grabbed her arm and she pulled off a bit, they both jumped off the cliff fast and daringly. Making battle cries to make themselves have fun and cope with what they both feared would happen sooner or later.

They landed on their banshees. They headed off towards camp fast and swiftly to avoid issues.

Bwfoom

All of the animals started to panic as they saw their homes crumble. Leaves and forestry burning in front of them. As they froze instances they deemed themselves dead as they stood.

The brush that stayed echoed in sound around them, signaling others to run farther as others behind were perishing. The intensity of the flames surrounded them and made them aware of how dire the situation was.

Neytiri and Jake fled as fast as they could, Neytiri looked back scared. Tears filled her eyes, drenching her, flashing her sight, and driving her mad as she grieved for the things around her. Lives are given up for foolish reasons, unnecessary death.

The fire flowed in their eyes as it burned brighter. The ships oncoming got progressively closer and each landed sooner than the others. It felt terrifying and mystifying, what were they going to do to prepare for what was to come?

The flash and wave of the fire finally struck on top of Neytiri first, then slowly hit Jake shaking and rocking their Banshees mid-flight.

Neytiri screamed at Jake in fear of the falling failure.

"MAJAKE."

The tears fall sooner and filled her field of view. She could barely see and she twisted off farther off the Ikran. She fell striking the air as she was soon to hit the impact of the fire and waves to burn her alive.

Jake got hit by the other Ikran holding on firmly to his own. He grabbed back up swooping down to catch Neytiri, but he finally broke the balance off of the scared Ikran.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

"What was that noise?.."

He and Lo'ak looked off towards the noise deeper in the forest. The fire engulfed it, lighting it up from a distance for curious wanderers to see.

"We need to go brother."

"I don't know what that is, but I know mom and dad are still out there."

They both hopped up and jumped to their Ikrans flying closer toward the flames like the curious wandering idiots they were. They both had connected brain waves as brothers at this point, knowing the path and actions the other was going to take. At full age that would be a harmful and dangerous thing for enemies to them.

"Do you think Kiri or... Y/N came looking for us? That might be bad since that doesn't look good."

Neteyam looked to the side at his brother, he had a concerned and worried look on his face. He wasn't sure how to answer other than to give negative notions.

They flew straight for the flames in case they found their parents or others caught in them. They were unsure what the objects in the distance were and how they caused the large decay of the forest.

Halfway through their flight already, someone dove straight for them. They were both caught off guard ducking and rolling on their Ikrans-like battle moves.

"Hey, idiots. What was the explosion?"

They stopped and looked at Kiri lower in the air in annoyance and disbelief. She had the intention of being sneaky and surprising her Ikran, she was always silent on the ground and in the air.

They flew lower and landed on the ground swiftly.

"Why are you out? We aren't sure what happened we are looking for mom and dad."

"I came looking for you two. Tuk is worried. So is... Y/N."

Neteyam distracted himself looking in the distance at the fire. They were all concerned with what was happening. Not just their parents but the wildlife as well.

"I told her to stay out of it."

Lo'ak was a dead face staring at Neteyam to see his reaction. He knew after the talk they just had he wouldn't be too pleased. Kiri had no right to be so passive-aggressive with Y/N as she was so often.

"You did what?"

"She is always in our business Ney. She isn't family and has no part.

"Spider isn't family either. I guess I should curse him too."

"Ney?"

"Don't Ney me."

"Mom has never liked her, you know this."

"She doesn't like spider either, in fact, she detests him."

"Tch."

"I should pluck your eyes where you stand. If you were not my sister."

Neteyam had his head down a little, ears were a noticeable attraction to the moods of Na'vi. They both looked concerned and upset at their opposing sides.

"Cut it out. We should go search for mom and dad."

He hopped on his Ikran fast as he hated arguments and disputes. They looked at each other with disappointment, following Lo'ak.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Fire. Grass. Burning.

It ran repeatedly on their heads as there visions came back to them. Foggy and in a haze still, leftover tears formed in the sight of Neytiris eyes. She struggled to get to her feet. She finally got herself up, her body ached and burn marks surrounded her prominently.

She looked around and didn't see Jake at all. She feared for the worst and wanted nothing but to cry more at the fear she was inducing. If he died what was it all for anymore, could she just give up?

Jake looked around frantically, he was unsure of what to do in this situation, his leg was injured so mobility was out of the question. He found Neytiri and fell to his feet crawling to her and picking her up softly. He felt the water that flowed from her despite the burning power of the flames projecting onto both of them.

"Ma Jake..."

The animals still ran fast in the forest last them. The debris and blast finally stopped Sur coming to the forest.

Neytiris's vision was closed and blurry. He could see the scene in front of him and hated himself for it and the situation they were in. The red on the hands and ground was the only prominent vision Neytiri saw and reflected in.

"Are you hurt, Ma Jake?"

"No.."

"Oh.."

"I'll be fine Jake. We need to leave."

Neytiri tried calling for her Ikran but it wouldn't be heard, the embers and crackle were loud blasting against the cracking and falling wood. Fear settled and revealed with them both as if it was setting up home in there never ending minds.

They both looked up at a sudden burst of flapped air, they saw Ikrans flying in and finally had hope for themselves and the situation around them. It wasn't their own but something that could upset them even if they were being saved.

"Mom? Dad! Are you ok?"

They all bustled off of their ikrans rushing directly over to them and helping them up. Neytiri didn't want to show himself like this to them and hated herself for it but Jake embraced it. Lo'ak and Neteyam took their father while Neteyam then direct Neytiri with Kiri following behind. They dragged each other to their Ikrans to get them to a safe distance away from the fire, Neytiri held herself up despite her injuries and so did Jake. Just as parents would be and act.

But what could they all do? The humans were back and better than ever, with tricks and pawns up their sleeves like the endless hats of a magician. The war was ready to restart despite their efforts and defeat, nothing would defy them now. It was inevitable.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 71 12
This is the story of Palu, an orphaned Na'vi who's found in the forest by Sully kids. She is welcomed into her new family. Suddenly, The humans are a...
11.6K 317 24
Yn moves to Pandora with her husband, Jake. Her world falls apart when Jake meets the Navi, when he falls in love with the planet. Miles is there to...
336K 7.2K 85
This story is about a girl, y/n, who was abandoned on Pandora after the war against the sky people and Omatikaya clan after her parents died. She re...
137K 4.2K 31
【𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝘆𝗮𝗺 x 𝘧𝘦𝘮!𝘰𝘤 】 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃, a strange girl arrives in the forest with little memory, and she looks different, but Neteyam is ke...