Life of Troubles (TLOK)

By GalaxyWorldWolfsl

A young manipulative and playful man who journeys almost everywhere. Heading to Republic City wondering what... More

♧Introduction of Characters♧
♧Love Interest and Element♧
♧Welcome to Republic City♧
♧A Leaf in the Wind♧
♧The Revelation♧
♧The Revelation: Part 2♧
♧The Voice in the Night♧
♧The Voice in the Night:Part 2♧
♧The Spirit of Competition♧
♧The Spirit of Competition: Part 2♧
♧And the Winner Is...♧
♧And the Winner Is...:Part 2♧
♧The Aftermath♧
♧The Aftermath: Part 2♧
♧When Extremes Meet♧
♧When Extremes Meet: Part 2♧
♧Out of the Past♧
♧Out of the Past: Part 2♧
♧Turning the Tides♧
♧Turning the Tides: Part 2♧
♧Skeletons in the Closet♧
♧Skeletons in the Closet: Part 2♧
♧Endgame♧
♧Endgame: Part 2♧
🆂🅴🅰🆂🅾🅽 2
♤Rebel Spirit♤
♤Rebel Spirit: Part 2♤
♤The Southern Lights: Part 2♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 1♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2 of 1♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2 of 2♤
♤Peacekeepers♤
♤Peacekeepers: Part 2♤
♤The Sting♤
♤The Sting: Part 2♤
PREVIEW
♤Beginnings: Part 1♤
♤Beginnings: Part 2 of 1♤
♤Beginnings: Part 2♤
♤Beginnings: Part 2 of 2♤
♤The Guide♤
♤The Guide: Part 2♤
♤A New Spiritual Age♤
♤A New Spiritual Age:Part 2♤
♤Night of a Thousand Stars♤
♤Night of a Thousand Stars: Part 2♤
♤Harmonic Convergence♤

♤The Southern Lights♤

142 4 0
By GalaxyWorldWolfsl

Book Two:
Spirits

Chapter Two:
The Southern Lights

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
The Southern Water Tribe is under siege! When Avatar Korra was attacked by a dark spirit, Chief Unalaq was the only one able to stop it. So, Korra turned her back on Tenzin and chose Unalaq as her new spiritual mentor. Tenzin and his family left for a vacation at the Southern Air Temple, while Korra remained in the Water Tribe. Will she be able to restore balance between humans and spirits?
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

The camera pans down to reveal a shot of the Glacier Spirits festival. A dark spirit appears on a nearby cliff, and looks out over the festival. Cut to the camel yak stables, as Korra rides in on Naga, with Unalaq waiting for her. Korra dismounts Naga and approaches her uncle.

Unalaq: You’re early

Unalaq said but noticed that a familiar black-haired male wasn’t with her this time. But somehow this made him a bit more at ease.

Korra: What can I say? I’m pumped up to learn that Unalaq spirit fighting.

Unalaq: I’m not here to teach you to fight spirits, I’m here to help you begin your spiritual training. We’re going to one of the most remote places in the world, the long neglected spiritual center of your tribe, the South Pole.

Surprised at the information she faced Unalaq once again.

Korra: You’re going to train me at the South Pole?

Unalaq: We will do more than just train. By neglecting the spirits, the people of the South have brought darkness upon themselves, and now it threatens to destroy our tribe. We must set things right. The Southern Water Tribe depends on you.

Feeling the pressure but feeling enthusiastic about the adventure she agreed to it.

Korra: A dangerous trip to the South Pole? Count me in! I know Y/N would definitely like this.

●●●

The scene changes to a shot of the Southern Air Temple, which comes into focus through the clouds. Oogi flies  into shot heading for the temple. With Tenzin and his family riding on him.

Tenzin: There it is, the Southern Air Temple. Isn’t it magnificent?

The scene changes again as two Air Acolytes were sweeping and the others feeding lemurs on the floor. Noticing the flying bison landing another Air Acolytes and two others behind him carrying a large case.

Shung: Master Tenzin, welcome!

Tenzin: Good to see you again, Abbot Shung.

As he and Pema bowed to the bald shaved men.

Shung: Is there anything you need? Water? Dandelion greens? Ahh, perhaps you’d like to recenter yourself by meditating in the gardens?

Feeling too much, Tenzin declined any offers or ideas that Abbot was giving to him or Pema.

Shung: And you must be the honorable Pema! Please accept these gifts.

Shung turns and reaches into the large case that was brought and pulls out an odd contraption, which he hands to Tenzin. As he held it he looked at it with confusion and gave an awkward thanks to the shaved man.

Then he gave a large bouquet of flowers to Pema blocking her view from the front.

In the same reaction as Tenzin she gave an unsure response of thanks to the man as he only thanked her for being the mother of the next generation of airbenders into the world.

In the back was Ikki and Jinora fighting over a book that a female Air Acolyte was giving.

Pema: Yep, those are the world’s next generation of…airbenders.

Meelo popped out from behind the three Air Acolytes and jumped onto Abbot’s back as he held a lemur in his hand.

Meelo: Mommy, Daddy, look! I finally got a lemur! I’m gonna name him…Poki!!

The lemur then flies away as Meelo begins to chase the animal yelling at its name to come back.

Kya and Bumi are still on Oogi as they begin to unload the supplies on its saddle. Kya tossed some bags to Bumi as he caught it but gave a grunt to each tossed.

Feeling frustrated that the other Air Acolytes didn’t help he told them.

Bumi: S’cuse me. A little help here?

Acolyte: Sorry, I thought you were the servants.

Making an angry face Bumi claimed that they were both Tenzin’s brother and sister, which surprised the female Air Acolyte.

Acolyte: Avatar Aang had other children?! The world is filled with more airbenders?

Speaking calmly, Kya mentioned that they were not airbenders making the acolyte bow in disappointment and apologized to the older male and female.

The scene changes once more back to the group where Korra was saddling Naga and Y/N helping occasionally. As Mako also helped with some preparation.

Korra: I thought you said Bolin was coming?

Mako: He said he’d be here but I can’t worry about it. I have to make sure you have everything you need for a safe trip.

Somehow feeling annoyed Y/N shifts his feet making Mako turn making him yelp and almost trip.

Y/N: She has everything. I’m here and I already checked..bitch..

Amane: Cool it Y/N. He’s just being—

Glaring at the boy he stayed quiet as Y/N went to Naga while Mako just stared and went back first to Amane and Korra who both shrugged.

Korra hears a sound and turns her head around to see her father, Tonraq, pulling up on a snowmobile. Unalaq, who was packing, notices Tonraq and scowls, before approaching his brother.

Unalaq: Tonraq, what do you want?

Tonraq: I heard you’re taking Korra to the South Pole.

He crosses his arms as he just glares at the other male.

Tonraq: I’m coming.

Angrily telling the other male that he can not come on the trip as he will be a “distraction” and “hindrance” to Korra.

Tonraq: My daughter is not going without me! She needs someone to watch after her.

Getting onto Naga as Y/N gets in the back and wraps his arms around. Feeling red she calmed down before turning to her father.

Korra: Dad, why do you always think you know what’s best for me?

Y/N: Because he’s your father Avatar. He’s looking out for you as I am doing the same.

Leaning into her ear he whispers silently only for her to hear.

Y/N:*Whispers* Take what you can..I didn’t and you better not do the same. * Leans back and goes back to normal* Or not. Your choice.

Softening the look she nodded remembering Amane and his parents.

Y/N: Right, let's do this on the road. Right Dad?

Korra: Y/N!!! Knock it off!

Laughing, Tonraq felt glad that Y/N was helping and leading Korra on a good path. Shifting his gaze he looked at Unalaq who glared at the boy who was behind the girl.

Bolin: *yelling* Guys! Hey, wait for me!

Looking behind they saw Bolin on a snowmobile, like Tonraq, but it had a sidecar attached to it. Including him wearing a new snowsuit confusing Mako, Korra, Y/N, and Amane.

Asking where he got the ride, Bolin said he got it from Varrick and continued on what else he can do with it.

Bolin: Did I interrupt a conversation?

Y/N: No…you got here in time. Like Tonraq said, we better get going or the Everstorm might catch on. So let’s go. Go Naga! Onward to death!

Rolling her eyes, Naga proceeds walking as everyone else just stares at the boy who seems happy?

Eska and Desna walked to Bolin asking about the car, feeling confused about it for a moment until the scene changes as Bolin feels upset at the circumstance.

Mako rides toward the trio on a camel Yak and begins to tease Bolin.

Mako: Well, what do you know? Looks like–

Bolin: Go away, Mako.

The panel changes as Naga stops at a hill next to Unalaq. Y/N was still holding onto Korra but fell asleep as Amane started smiling.

Korra: So once we get to the South Pole, then what happens?

Unalaq: You will open an ancient spirit portal.

Confused, she shifts her sitting making Y/N wake up checking his surroundings and hearing the conversation between Korra and Unalaq.

Korra: I’m sorry, what now?

Unalaq: At the South Pole, there is a portal that connects our world to the Spirit World, but it has long been closed.

Korra: And that’s why the evil spirits are attacking?

Unalaq: There are no evil spirits, there is light and dark in them all. But when they’re unbalanced, the darkness takes over.

The Evertsorm appears in the distance, and thunder from it is heard.

Unalaq: If you can open the portal in time, balance will be restored.

Korra: What do you mean…in time?

Y/N: Does it have to do with the winter solstice?

Flinching at the voice, Unalaq just nodded at the boy’s guess.

Unalaq: Yes. The festival always ends at the winter solstice. Both the Spirit World and physical world are close together. Only then can the Avatar open the portal.

Korra: The winter solstice is tomorrow.

Agreeing to that information Unalaq claimed that they can not wait another year.

Suddenly a dark spirit appears in the distance, watching the group. Naga, sensing the creature, turns toward it and starts growling.

Seeing the creature Y/N stares at it before the fog comes and clears for a second as two more join in.

Bolin: What are those?...

Y/N: Dark Spirits…

The fog picks up again, hiding the spirits from view once more.

Tonraq: Let’s keep moving. We have to find a safe place to set up camp.

Nodding they all began to leave but Y/N looked back as did Amane. Nodding they turned away.

The group huddles around for warmth inside a cave they entered.

Korra: Uncle, why do you think the dark spirits are following us?

Bolin: Can we not talk about dark spirits, please?

Bolin scoots next to Eska and grabs her arm for “protection

Y/N: Do you hear a scary story about my life or dark spirits?

Thinking about it for a second Bolin chose the dark spirits as Amane hit his head Y/N laughed for a moment.

Everyone just sweatdropped at the man but also grew curious about Y/N and Amane backstory.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 616 10
Korra was involved in a horrid accident that left her paralyzed. Within that time, her world became a blur of anger and secret feelings for her best...
58.2K 1.4K 52
∞ Y/n and Korra are best friends! And have been for many years, until life changes and y/n leaves, they eventually meet again but it's different, how...
53.2K 1.3K 25
Koza has no family, or so he thinks. The young man has a style of bending completely foreign to the world and thinks himself a monster for possessing...
20K 484 13
Y/n ran away to Republic City after some family complications at age 13 and met Bolin on the first day in the big city. They start to get to know eac...