[BoyxBoy] Butterfly and Toad ✓

By Pinkrainbowcorn

Opposites James and Mica plan their mutual friend's birthday party together. What Mica doesn't know is that J... More

01 - Butterfly and Toad
02 - Honey Butterfly
03 - Social Butterfly
04 - Fluttering Butterfly
05 - Squirming Toad
06 - Broken Butterfly
07 - Worried Toad
08 - Glazed Toad
09 - Resting Butterfly
10 - Happy Butterfly
11 - Signs
12 - Hopping Toad
13 - Toad, Changing Color
14 - Lovesick Toad
16 - Dancing Butterfly
17 - Sweet Toad
18 - Jelly Toad
~ Update ~
19 - Grilled Toad
20 - Radiant Butterfly
21 - Fried Toad
22 - My Butterfly
23 - Butterfly Fly Away
24 - Red Butterfly
25 - Shaking Toad
26 - Loving Toad
27 - Boiling Toad
28 - Broken Toad
29 - Poisonous Toad
30 - Blue Butterfly
31 - Croaking Toad
32 - A Butterfly Upon A Toad
🦋 00 - Sweater Weather 🦋

15 - Kissing Toad

142 8 7
By Pinkrainbowcorn

To [Butter] fly high.
To be very happy or jubilant.

• o 🦋 o •

I was pacing up and down the living room waiting for Mica to arrive. 

I was so freaking nervous. I hadn't seen him in a week! A painful, anxiety-filled week! What if he'd gotten over me already! What if he'd fallen for someone else! 

It had to be Ace! That red-highlighted douche bag from Mica's school! I knew it! I just knew it! 

Who would call their friend 'girlfriend'? Who did that?!

The doorbell rang, startling me. 

"Okay, okay.. You've got this." I walked through the hallway and opened the front door. 

I sighed of relief when Mica smiled at me so brightly. He still liked me. 

"Hi James." He stepped on inside, so close to me. 

His eyes were brownish green today and they were calling my name.

I just couldn't control myself. Without much thought I placed my hand against the wall next to Mica and kissed him. He gasped and after recovering from the surprise he gently placed his hands against my chest and kissed me back.

There was no way anything could get better than this feeling. Of being in love and being loved back. Having your kiss answered by an actual angel. 

Before long, Mica pulled away and glanced at the open door. His cheeks were on fire. I caressed them, causing Mica to giggle softly. 

"Ooh la la!" Kyle came in through the front door, breaking us up. 

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. 

"Kyle," I warned but he ignored me. 

"Brother in law!" He smiled before pulling Mica into his arms. Mica chuckled politely. 

"Good to see you, Kyle." 

"It's good to see you too. I figured you guys would be off to a love hotel by now." Kyle pulled away and Mica looked even more embarrassed than before.

"Kyle!" 

"What? With that display I just witnessed, I think you guys definitely have the right vibes for it." Kyle teased. 

He loved this. He loved taunting me, every chance he got. If Mica wasn't around I'd strangle him!

"Come on, ignore him." I grabbed Mica's hand and we went up the stairs. 

"Have you started editing those pictures yet?" Mica asked as he walked into my room. 

"A little.. It always takes a while." I closed the door behind him. 

"Will you show me?" Mica asked in the sweetest voice. He sat on my bed.

I was surprised he cared. And excited too.

"Of- of course, yeah." I grabbed my laptop and joined him. 

He smelled so sweet. I just wanted to smell his hair again. 

"James? It's done loading." 

"Oh! Right!" 

I opened my editing software and revealed the image I'd been working on earlier today. It was the picture of Mica with the butterfly on his nose. In this one I'd managed to put both of them in focus. 

Mica chuckled at the image. 

"Pathetic, I know." I scratched my head. 

"It's sweet." Mica put his hand on my arm and leaned on my shoulder. I was sure he could hear my heart beating out of my chest now. Oh well. I had nothing to be ashamed of anymore. He was mine now. 

I reluctantly wrapped my arm around his shoulder. It seemed my touch relaxed him and he settled under my arm. 

"Are you gonna show me how you do it?" Mica mused in my ear. He sounded really tired. I knew he'd spent all morning at school and then most of the afternoon practicing ballet. Hanging out with me was basically all the downtime he had. I kissed the top of his head. 

"I was basically finished with the first step, which is always the lighting... for me anyway. It was a bit over-saturated, you see? Look, here's the before.." I right-clicked on the photo and it turned a lot brighter. 

Mica nodded. "I see." 

"So then I fixed it. And now.. I'm just gonna work on the coloring cause they look a little pale. I mean, obviously I'll never capture your beauty with just a camera but, I can try.." 

Mica chuckled and squeezed my shirt. 

Now I had to do the editing with my left hand, which I wasn't really used to but I also wasn't going to let go of Mica. 

After accentuating the red in Mica's cheeks and the vivid Monarch, I focused on the background. That's when I noticed Mica had fallen asleep. I rubbed his arm and attacked the crown of his head with kisses. He was so freaking adorable. 

Was I supposed to lay him down or just leave him like this? Maybe he'd wake up on his own. 

I continued editing, laughing at random moments where Mica made a weird little noise or mumbled a little. He must have been completely exhausted because even after I was done he was still sound asleep. 

I lifted him up and laid him on my bed. 

Standing over him like this felt unreal. Mica was in my bed. 

• o 🦋 o •

After doing some homework I'd decided to just chill next to him and watch him sleep. I ran my finger down his nose and gently traced his lip. How long until I could kiss him? I twirled his hair around my finger and listened to his calming breaths. 

Mica woke up suddenly. He sat up and looked confused as he took in his surroundings. 

Then he looked at me. He looked very confused and a little upset. 

Oh God, he probably thought I'd taken advantage of him or something!

"You fell asleep." I clarified. 

Mica nodded and stared off into space. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

Mica frowned. "I had a weird dream. Well, I guess it wasn't a dream." 

I was worried. He seemed so lost, jarred. I wrapped my arm around him. "What did you dream?" 

Mica peered down at his hands and began picking at his skin. "That Danny died.. When I woke up I was relieved it was only a dream. I wanted to call him and tell him about it but.. I guess I can't."

What do you say in a moment like this? 'I'm sorry'? 'It'll be okay'? None of that will help. Mica didn't show negative emotions often and now he was so honest and I just didn't know what to say. 

Mica met my eyes. "I'm sorry." He said.

"Why are you apologizing? Mica, I want to hear about this stuff. I want you to be honest with me. Don't you think that I need to know how you feel as your boyfriend?" 

Mica blushed at that last word and started fiddling with the cords of my hoodie. 

"How come you're so shy all of a sudden? I'm pretty sure it was the other way around." I laughed. 

Mica giggled. "I need to get used this." 

"This?" I asked. I played with his hair. 

"Having a.. a boyfriend." 

I ignored his adorable stutter. "You've never dated before? Not even in kindergarten? I mean I know you said you've never been in love but what about just.. casual dating?"

Mica shook his head. 

"Seriously?You?"

"What?" 

"Well, you're.. only the most attractive person I've ever seen. That's like, impossible." 

"You should've seen Danny." Mica smiled. "He was definitely more popular than me. More handsome, more confident.. Everyone was in love with him."

"Yeah, I know what he looked like.. I'd still choose you any day." 

Mica smiled at me. Gosh, I wanted to eat him. He was so freaking cute. 

I pecked him on the lips. 

"H-have you finished your picture yet?" Mica asked. 

"Hmm." I nodded and kissed him a little longer.  

Mica looked a little nervous. Big eyes looking up at me. 

"Can I try something?" I whispered. 

His eyes shifted nervously. Mica nodded. "Okay.." 

I kissed Mica, this time grazing his lip with my tongue. I had thought about this for such a long time and now it was actually happening. He opened his mouth a little and started doing the same thing. It felt really special and like a total turn-on. As if I needed help to get turned on when I was around him. 

I caressed Mica's cheek with my thumb as we made out. Mica's hand was on my chest. It made my heart race.

I leaned forward and Mica lay down on my pillow as we continued to make out.

I was so excited and curious. I wanted to know his entire body. I wanted to feel every inch of him, explore him.

Mica gasped softly when my hand went under his shirt.

"Wait," Mica held my hand away.

"I'm sorry, am I going too fast?" 

Why didn't I just askkk?

"No, I think I'm just slow." Mica sat up.

"We're not gonna do anything you don't wanna do. Don't ever think you can't tell me, okay?"

Mica looked endeared by my words. "I'm so lucky to have you."

I was the lucky one. I didn't care if he never wanted to take things further. As long as I had him.

We decided to watch movies and play video games in the rest of our time. But I very quickly found out Mica totally sucked at video games.

"Go left!" I encouraged. We were playing a race game and Mica was so focused on doing everything right he was losing sight of the goal. We were supposed to be competing but I found myself rooting for him instead.

I sat on the bed while Mica sat on the floor in front of me.

"But I need to get the coins!"

"That's just a bonus, it's not gonna win you the race!"

"Okay!" Mica attempted to focus on speed but I could see his heart break a little at every missed coin or every time he even grazed the sideline.

He ended up placing fourth while I had first place.

He was pouting now.

"It's just a game."

Mica wouldn't have it.

"Fine, we'll try it again, okay?" I offered.

This time I kinda let him win. Mica hates to lose. Was that his worst quality? That he always wanted to be the best? If that was it that only confirmed how perfect he was. Which left me with the ever present question of what he wanted with me.

I slammed into an extra player's car to give Mica more room to win but the game was set up so there were always four players, two of which were none playable. Mica finished third this time.

He groaned and tossed the controller on the bed. Then he glared at me.

Scary.

"What?!"

"You let me win."

"N-no! No, I would never! I just temporarily lost my..  My vision!" 

So smooth.

Mica scoffed. "I'll win next time."

Not in this life, I'm afraid.

Mica must've read that comment on my face cause he looked pissed.

"You are so mean."

"I'm sorry! You just suck at video games!" I was the picture of tact.

But why was he so upset about this? It was just a game!

"B-but you're great at everything else, though?" I tried.

Mica still glared at me. It was cute though. He could never really look angry. 

Mica got up and stood between my legs. He pouted at me before his look softened and he kissed me. I was so surprised. He never initiated our kisses. Just when I wanted to pull him close his phone started ringing.

Mica sighed and walked to his bag near the window.

"Hello?" He answered the phone.

I tried to listen to whoever was calling him. I assumed it was his dad cause his voice was monotone and deep. 

"Okay. I'll be right there." Mica hung up the phone and gave me a regretful look. 

"Ballet." I concluded.

"Basically. I'm sorry." Mica placed his hands in my lap and leaned over me. 

Can we just quickly talk about how cute cute people are up close? Like.. it releases a new level of cuteness to things. Just wanted to put that out there. 

"I don't wanna leave." Mica pouted brushing his nose against mine. 

He kissed me slowly. I could only hear the sound of our breathing. I felt the softness of his lips and tasted his tongue. 

Don't leave. 

I'll kidnap you and keep you here forever. 

I wanted to pull him closer but he pulled away and sighed. He walked towards his bag. 

"When?" I asked. 

It was ridiculous how much his leaving hurt me. Especially since I didn't know how long I'd have to wait to see him again and in the mean time I could only pinch myself and try to remember that this was real and I hadn't just made all this up. 

"I don't know." Mica crossed his bag over his shoulder. "I'll text you, okay?" 

I sighed. "Alright." 

Mica gave me an apologetic smirk and pecked the corner of my lip. 

I watched him walk out. I traced my lips... and pinched myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 119K 40
Luke has been in love with his best friend, Taylor, for too long now and it's getting difficult to be around him. He knows it's time to move on and f...
625K 25.4K 43
Jackson, an introverted young man attends a bachelor party for his best friend at one of the hottest gay clubs in town. Not looking forward to the ni...
70.6K 3.9K 16
[BXB] Two boys, an ice cream store and a summer to fall in love. ✩✩✩ Outgoing Tanner makes it a mission to befriend his reserved coworker Austin over...
King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

3.1M 120K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...