The Darkness Within || OUAT

By EnchantedMinds

Lilith Jones, the twin sister to the infamous Captain Hook, arrives in Storybrooke in search of her brother... More

ACT I
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
ACT II
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
ACT III
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
ACT IV
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
ACT V
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 30

858 44 15
By EnchantedMinds

CHAPTER THIRTY
"Operation Save Henry"

Regina, Emma and Neal were doing everything they could in a desperate attempt to wake Henry up, but the boy remained motionless on the ground. "Is he breathing?" Regina asked.

"I don't know." Neal answered.

Lily remained standing and refused to take her eyes off of Pan, who still had a sinister smirk on his face. She felt nothing but hatred towards him. Not only had he hurt her daughter and granddaughter, but the people from Storybrooke that she found herself starting to care for.

Slowly, Pan descended from the air and landed in front of Lily. "You and I could make great team, Lilith." He smirked.

"You aren't my type, even if you were, I'd much rather hang myself than be damned to an eternity with you." Lily said.

Emma jumped up and went to rush over to Pan, but Lily stopped her before she got too close. "What the hell did you do to him?" The blonde demanded to know.

"Oh, I didn't do anything, Emma." Pan said. "It was all Henry. He offered me his heart of his own free will."

Emma unsheathed her sword and pointed it directly at Pan. "I'm gonna take it back from you." She said before pushing past Lily and lunging at Pan, but he vanished into thin air. He appeared by Pandora's box and picked it up.

"I don't think you have it in you, Saviour." He said. "Rumpelstiltskin didn't."

Lily glanced at the box Pan was playing with. "He's in there, isn't he?" She asked.

"Correct!" Pan grinned. "He's quite safe and sound in there; and out of the way. Unfortunately for you, he can't hurt me anymore and neither can you."

Emma swung her sword and cut Pan's arm. "How did that feel?" She questioned.

"Like a tickle." Pan grinned before he flew up and disappeared.

Regina rubbed Henry's chest. "You're going to be all right, Henry." She whispered. "We're going to get you home."

__*__

Regina held her hands out over Henry as streams of magic steadily flowed down, casting a preservation spell over the boy's body. "This spell can keep him in this condition for a while longer. It'll buy us time to get to Pan." Regina said.

"Neal, you were a Lost Boy. Any idea where he went?" Emma asked.

"Well, I know where he lived. Where his compound is." Neal said.

"That's idiotic. We all know that." Regina said. "Do you really think he's stupid enough to go back? Please."

"Enough." Emma said.

"Don't tell me what's enough. My son is dying!" Regina snapped.

"Our son. So, yes, I know how you feel." Emma said.

"You have no idea what I feel. You have your parents. You have this..." She looked at Neal. "Person. A pirate who pines for you. You have everything and yet you claim to know what I feel?"

Regina's voice began to break as she continued. "All I have is Henry and I'm not about to lose him because he is everything."

Emma sighed as she knelt down at Regina's side. "You're right. I don't know how you feel. So, what do you want to do? You want to run the show? Run it. How do we save Henry?"

"I don't know." Regina said quietly.

"Pan was powerful before, so even if we can find him, there's no telling that we'll be able to hurt him." Lily said.

"Yes, we can." Regina said as she pointed at Emma's sword. "Look. Emma cut him. He can bleed. We can hurt him. And if we can hurt him, we can kill him."

Lily nodded her head. "And we will."

__*__

Back at the Lost Boys camp, Neal had placed Henry down onto a bed cot. Adrienne watched on with a look of guilt on her face. She couldn't help but feel responsible for what had happened to Henry. "How much time do we have left?" David asked.

"Maybe an hour before the preservation spell wears off." Regina sighed.

"If he's airborne, he could be anywhere on the island." Neal said.

"An hour isn't much time." Killian said. "I suggest we get started looking."

Ignoring, Killian's suggestion Regina walked over to Felix, one of the Lost Boys. "Where is he?" She asked.

"Gone. There's nothing you can do. He's already won. Pan never fails." Felix said.

"You won't talk?" Regina questioned as she started to roll the sleeves of her jacket up. "How about I make you talk?"

She reached up to rip his heart out, but Emma stopped her. "Regina, wait." She said.

"There's no time!" Regina said.

"I don't think torture is our best move here. Look at these kids. They've been to hell and back. We need to try something else." Emma said.

"I've seen you try the cute and cuddly approach with them; and they won't respond to that." Adrienne said. "You need to come up with something that's going to work."

"They want what ever kid wants." Emma said as she glanced at Mary Margaret. "A mother."

__*__

As Emma grouped up the lost boys to talk with them, Neal watched over Henry's body. He didn't take his eyes off his son, and was cautious about any strange noise he heard. He wasn't going to let anything near his son.

On the other side of the camp, Fallon used a small pocket knife to widdle a piece of wood into a sharp point. Adrienne walked over and sat down next to her. "Where did you get that knife?" She asked.

"I found it on Killian's ship and stole it. I know I have magic, but carrying a weapon you can stab somebody with never hurts. Especially in this place." Fallon answered.

Adrienne sighed. "I'm sorry for everything. If I knew that's how you felt, I would've tried harder to make you feel loved."

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Mom. It's not your fault my father's a monster." Fallon said. She sighed and stopped widdling. "I wish he was a better man."

"I know. I do too." Adrienne softly.

"STOP IT! ALL OF YOU!" Felix could be heard yelling, and Fallon and Adrienne looked up to see what was going on. Fallon put her make shift spear down and walked over to them. "What's going on?" She asked.

"Nothing, Princess. Stay out of this." Felix said.

"Don't call me princess, Felix. Now, what the hell is going on?" She asked.

"They want to reveal where your father has gone. They want him to lose." Felix said.

"They said he's at his thinking tree. Do you know where that is?" Emma asked, looking at Fallon.

"I'll take you there, so long as you promise to free these boys." Fallon said.

Emma nodded her head. "I promise." A small smile appeared on her face. "We're going home."

__*__

"The Pixie Woods? That's where he is?" Regina questioned.

Fallon nodded her head. "Yeah. It's just north of here. It's where pixie dust used to grow. The whole region is deserted. Nobody but my father has set foot in those woods in centuries."

Emma turned to Neal. "We're going to need you here. Once we get Henry's heart, it's gonna be race against time to get back. We'll need help on both ends."

"Okay." Neal said.

"How can we help?" Lorelai asked.

"Gather up the Lost Boys and get them aboard the Jolly Roger." Neal said, causing all of the Lost Boys to grin with excitement. Neal then looked at Killian. "Prepare the ship to sail."

"Let's hope you have a Pegasus sail. Otherwise, we're at the mercy of the trade winds." Killian said.

Neal reached into his bag and took the coconut out. He held it out to Killian. "Pan's shadow is in here. It'll get us home, so long as your ship holds together."

"As long as your plan holds together, she will." Killian said, taking the coconut from Neal.

Neal turned to look at Emma. "Henry's gonna be with me the entire time. Nothing is going to happen while you the four of you are away."

"Four?" Lily questioned.

"You're coming with us." Regina said.

"Why do you always pick me?" Lily asked.

"Because out of everyone here, you're the one I'm least likely to kill." Regina said.

"That's fair enough, I suppose." Lily shrugged before she followed Emma, Regina and Fallon away.

__*__

Pandora's box sat on a rock with no sign of anyone else around. No sign of Pan or anyone. So, when the four women came across it, they were all cautious about going anywhere near it. "Pan wouldn't have just left that behind for now reason." Regina said.

"True but Gold is in there and he's the only chance I have at survival." Fallon said.

She tip-toed closer to the box and reached out to grab the box, but before she could get her hand on it, vines shot out from the tree and grabbed Fallon. She screamed as they pulled her backwards and held her to the tree. The other three suffered the same fate. They all struggled against the vines but their efforts came with no results.

"Well, this is just great." Lily sighed.

Pan chuckled as he stepped out from behind a tree. "Are you still at it? Don't you know? Peter Pan never fails. I didn't expect you to find me. And Fallon, I didn't expect you to betray me like this. Though I can't say I'm surprised. Your family is full of back stabbers, so I shouldn't be surprised you turned out the same way."

He continued, "If you're all looking to see Henry again, I have to tell you there's only one place you'll be reunited...in death."

Lily, Regina and Emma tried to struggle against the vines to free themselves; but Fallon remained still.

"You should be following my daughter's example. These veins will kill you, so there's no use in struggling. And what's making them tighten faster is your regret." Pan said.

"He abandoned my brother here." Fallon said.

"You have a brother?" Regina questioned.

"Yeah and he's trapped in that box." Fallon said.

Emma looked at Pan. "Rumpelstiltskin is your son?"

"That he is. I'm much older than I look." Pan said.

"You're a fraud." Lily said. "Your magic is weak. You can't even hurt us, let alone someone like Rumpelstiltskin."

"You're right." Pan nodded his head. "But that's why I'm here. This tree will protect me until my power has been restored. And then, well, than I get to have some real fun. Then I won't have to worry about either of my children again. Something we will all have in common soon."

Emma tried to lunge at Pan but failed because of the vines. "Stop struggling, Emma. We all carry regret and that's what's keeping us pinned to this tree." Fallon said.

"You may all have regret but I don't." Regina said.

Pan's smile dipped slightly as he looked at Regina.

"I did cast a curse that devastated an entire population. I have tortured and murdered. I've done some terrible things. I should be overflowing with regret...but I'm not." Regina said. "Because it got me my son."

She pulled herself and the others free before she stepped forward and ripped Henry's heart out of Pan's chest. Pan collapsed to the ground and dropped Pandora's Box.

He weakly reached out his hand to grab the box, but Fallon picked it up before her father could get it. "You're pathetic." She said before handing the box over to Regina.

Regina grinned. "Now, that we have what we need, let's go save Henry."

__*__

Aboard the Jolly Roger, Lorelai sat on a barrel below deck, staring at the island through a small window. After seeing that all the Lost Boys were on board, Killian ventured below deck to check on his niece. "Something on your mind?" He asked.

"I saw a woman in there." Lorelai said. "She didn't say anything the first time, but the second time she told me we'd find Pan and Henry at Skull Rock. I just can't work out why I saw her or who she was."

"You ever see her before?" Killian asked.

Lorelai shook her head. "I don't think so." She said.

Footsteps could be heard running across the deck up above along with muffled voices, signalling that Emma, Regina, Lily and Fallon had returned. "It sounds like they were successful." Killian commented. "We should join them."

Lorelai nodded her head and stood up. As she began to follow Killian, she noticed a drawing of a woman that hung up in a frame. Lorelai's eyes widened as she stared at the woman's portrait. Killian stopped when he realised that Lorelai wasn't following him anymore, and walked back over to her.

"Who is that?" Lorelai asked.

"That's my mother. Your grandmother. Her name was Alice." Killian said with a small smile. "She would've loved being a grandmother."

"She's who I saw." Lorelai whispered.

Killian looked at his niece in shock, but before he could say anything Emma called out for him, so he ventured above deck. Henry, now sat upright, was panting as he caught his breath back. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to save magic." He said.

"It's okay. It's okay." Emma said.

"I just wanted to be a hero, like you guys." Henry said.

"Hey, there's plenty of time for that." David smiled.

"Right now, it's time for rest." Mary Margaret said.

Killian walked over to them. "Welcome back, young sir." He grinned. "We only have the best for our guest of honour aboard the Jolly Roger. The Captain's quarter's are all yours."

__*__

After tucking Henry into bed, Regina sat at his bedside watching him with a smile. She was full of relief and happiness as she looked at her son. "Oh, I know that look." She said. "That's five hours of Space Paranoids and too much pizza."

"Pizza's good." Henry said.

Regina laughed before she held her hand out over Henry's chest, and placed and enchantment over his heart. Henry's face scrunched up as he felt pain.

"That stings. What's it for?" He asked.

"A spell. So no one can ever take your heart ever again." Regina said.

Henry grabbed Regina's hand. "Thanks, Mom." He smiled.

Regina smiled back and placed a kiss on his forehead. "We'll be home soon, my little prince. Make sure to get some rest." She said before she left the room.

As she walked away from the room, Regina noticed Lily sitting on a barrel looking down at the portrait of Alice. She walked over to see what her friend was looking at. "Who is that?" Regina asked.

"My mother." Lily said.

"I should've guessed. You and Hook both look like her." Regina said.

"What do you want, Regina?" Lily asked as she looked up.

"I wanted to thank you." Regina said. "If it wasn't for you being here, I can't say for certain that we would've had Henry back alive."

"I didn't do anything." Lily said.

"You did more than you realise. Especially for me." Regina said. "I feel like you truly understand me, unlike those people up there. I know you've had nothing but hurt since you arrived in Storybrooke, but I'm glad you did."

"Is the Evil Queen getting all soft on me?" Lily smirked.

"Don't be like that." Regina complained, and Lily chuckled.

"Don't worry about thanking me. I'm just glad your son is okay." Lily said. "I have my daughter back and a granddaughter. I have my family back, so it's a win for everyone."

Lily smiled at Regina, and as she looked into Lily's eyes, Regina smiled back.

While the room was silent, a lot was being said from the way the two women looked at each other; and neither of them realised it. And without realising it, Regina had found herself stepping closer to Lily.

"Regina?" Lily questioned.

Without saying a word, Regina had suddenly leaned and and kissed Lily. As soon as she realised what she had done, Regina pulled away. Shocked at her own actions.

Before a single word could be said, Gold came rushing down the stairs holding Pandora's Box.

"Where'd you come from?" Lily asked.

"More importantly, where are you going?" Regina asked.

Ignoring both of them, Gold entered the Captain's quarters to see Pan trying to rip Henry's shadow out. The young boy was yelling out in pain.

"Blood magic works both ways, Father." Gold said before he opened Pandora's Box, with the intention of trapping his father.

Even though the box and begun to absorb him, Pan kept a tight hold on Henry's shadow. He was desperate to get what he wanted and wasn't going to let his own son bring him down. So, at the last moment, without Gold realising it, Pan switched bodies with Henry.

Now in Pan's body, Henry yelled out for Gold to stop but it was too late.

Regina bursts into the room after she heard Henry yell. "Henry? Henry, are you okay?" She asked, as she rushed to his bedside.

The young boy nodded. "It's okay. I'm okay." He said.

"Are you sure?" Regina asked.

"He's a strong boy, Regina. You raised him well." Gold commented.

__*__

The Jolly Roger lifted into the clouds and began it's flight path back to Storybrooke. Everyone was relieved to finally be leaving Neverland.

"You know, when we first landed on this island, you said we would all need to work together." David said to Emma. "To be honest, I didn't think it would work."

Emma shrugged her shoulders. "It needed to happen for us to get Henry back."

"Hero, villain, pirate...I never thought we could all be united, but we were because of the most important piece of the puzzle - a leader." David said, looking at his daughter proudly.

"I'm just glad we were all able to work together and get Henry home. Get all of us home." She said.

As the others talked, Tinkerbelle walked over to Regina. "I'm glad you were able to get your son back, Regina. It seems the Evil Queen was able to love someone after all." She said.

"Yes, it seems." Regina said.

"I knew you still had some good in you." Tinkerbelle said. "Have you talked to her yet?"

"Talked to who?" Regina questioned.

"Lilith." Tinkerbelle said.

"Some words have been said, but not many." Regina said. "Why does it matter if I've talked to her?"

"She's your other true love. She was the woman I saw." Tinkerbelle admitted, leaving Regina in shock.

'Henry' picked up a plate of food and walked across the deck towards the Lost Boys. Nobody suspected anything and that's just how Pan wanted it. He wanted to keep it low-key until he was ready to try and strike again.

While the others were happy, Lorelai wasn't. She stared at Henry knowing something wasn't quite right with him. Lily noticed the strange look on her daughter's face and walked over to her.

"Lorelai, are you okay?" She asked.

Lorelai turned her head to look at her mother. Dread written all over her face. "It's not over." She said. "It's far from over."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 2.2K 31
What if Regina had a daughter with Daniel and Cora forced her to give the baby away? And what happens when said daughter returns to Storybrooke with...
31K 712 29
Just when life in Storybrooke seems like it could finally be peaceful, once again the peaceful lives are threatened by a new villain. Mr Hyde, who is...
203 2 6
ABC'S Once upon a time series, but told through the eyes of Princess Raven/Carly Mills In the Enchanted Forest, Princess Raven is taken by Rumplestil...
22.1K 381 17
This story is based off the TV show Once Upon a Time. Its alittle different from the show, but it will have all the characters. Such as: Emma Swan, K...