How Not To Summon a Demon Lor...

By CrazyPlatinum1899

(Y/N) (L/N) was your average 15-year-old student who lived a very decent life as a teenager. He was then intr... More

Chapter 1: Arriving in an Isekai Video Game! (EDIT 3x!)
Chapter 2: Guild Registration and Quest!
Chapter 3: Fallen Invasion!
Chapter 4: The Fallen Army and an Ambush! (EDIT!)
Chapter 5: Bounty Hunting?!
Chapter 7: An Old Enemy (EDIT!)
Chapter 8: Rescuing Shera! (EDIT!)
Chapter 9: War Problems (EDIT!)
Chapter 10: The Demon Lord's Salvation and a Scary Paladin!
Chapter 11: The Demon Lord's Resurrection!
Chapter 12: Betrayal
Chapter 13: The True Demon Lord!
Chapter 14: A Start of a New Adventure!
Chapter 15: An Explanation!
Chapter 16: The Past, The Zircon Tower City, and a Mysterious Premonition!
Chapter 17: The Truth of the Disease
Chapter 18: Campfire Songs!
Chapter 19: The Dungeon!
Chapter 20: The 12th Floor!
Chapter 21: Varakness!
Chapter 22: A Troublesome Organization!
Chapter 23: The Royal Capital!
Chapter 24: The Escape and a Plan!
Final Chapter: A Righteous Faith!

Chapter 6: Releasing the Collars and a Prince of the Elves!

1.6K 46 21
By CrazyPlatinum1899

-No One's P.O.V-

The next day comes, Diablo's group was having a nice day in the Inn until...

Rem & Shera: You figured out a way to release our collars?!

Celestine: Don't be hasty. We're not certain yet. I'm only talking about a possibility. A slave caravan came in yesterday and set up a market in the central plaza. The Enslavement Collars and slave collars are fundamentally the same on a magical level, so...

Rem: I see. So we might be able to learn a way to release our collars from someone who's used to handling them.

Alicia: Are you sure about this, though? I think resolving the issue with the Kingdom of Greenwood is our highest priority right now.

(Y/N): I agree with Alicia. Our objective is with the Greenwood kingdom is still our top priority. However, we also did make a promise with Shera and Rem that we would find a solution to remove their collars.

Diablo (Takuma): (That's definitely true, but if we can remove the Enslavement Collars, I'd like to do it as soon as possible.)

Leafa: Senpai, what's our next move?

Diablo: Hmph. The issue with the Elven nation will be quickly resolved once we head there. Time spent stopping by the slave market won't affect that result.

(Y/N): What a good thing to say, Senpai.

Diablo: No need to say such things like that, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hehe!

Celestine: Shera, I'm sorry this is all the help I can offer you when you're in trouble with your nation.

Shera: Not at all! Thank you very much!

Shera says with a grateful smile on her face which made you smile upon seeing it.

-Mini Time Skip-

A couple of minutes later, Diablo's group arrived at the Slave Market area in the town.

Rem: We might finally be able to get these collars off!

Shera: I bet my neck will feel breezy without it, since I've gotten so used to having it on.

Leafa: Once they are off from you two, you'll feel the freedom once again~!

Leafa says with an enthusiastic tone.

Shera: Yeah, I guess you're right.

Diablo (Takuma): *Gulps* (So this is a slave market...)

Alicia; Is something the matter, Mister Diablo?

Diablo: No, it's nothing. (Me, Suguha, and (Y/N) lived in Japan, so we've only ever seen slave markets in games and manga.)

Diablo then imagines an image of a girl with a busty body getting tied up with chains and yelling out "Master~!"

Diablo (Takuma): (I'm not sure my heart can take this! I need to be careful not to let it affect my Demon Lord persona.)

Upon entering inside the tent, Diablo's group sees several Grass Walkers and Pantherian women. Plus, they were pretty much serving themselves with tea and biscuits

Diablo (Takuma): (This is...not quite what I expected.)

Diablo thought to himself as he sees the enslavement collar on one of the Grasswalkers.

???: Welcome to The Beloved Traveler.

Everyone turned to see a woman in her mid-20s' and was wearing some kind of Chinese dress.

???: My, my, what an entourage of customers.

(Y/N): Are you the owner of this place, ma'am?

Medios: That's correct. My name is Medios.

Medios then sees the Enslavement Collars around Shera and Rem.

Medios: Those are lovely girls. If you're selling, I'll gladly buy them for an exceptional sum.

Leafa: Whoa, miss. They're not actually slaves.

Leafa says in defense.

Medios: Well, pardon me, then. I presume you were here to sell one off.

That's when Medios senses the magic energy from Diablo, Leafa, and (Y/N).

Medios: Goodness me. You three possess tremendous magic power, don't you?

Diablo: What?

Diablo questions in confusion while Medio's perspective sees Diablo's dark red aura, Leafa had a mixture of dark and white aura, and (Y/N) has a Phthalo Green aura.

Medios: What an incredible flow of magic power...No amount of lives would save any poor soul who angered you three.

Shera: I knew it! You can tell that Diablo, (Y/N), and Leafa are strong right away from their flow of magic power!

Diablo & Rem: Huh?

Medios: Oh? You can see the flow of magic power too?

Shera: Yeah!

Rem: Is that true? You never said a word about that to us!

Shera: Well, you never asked.

Rem: And I thought (Y/N) was the one who had that kind of skill!

(Y/N): Who said that I can be able to see someone's flow of magic? That skill is different from my Mana Sensing.

Medios: Different?

Leafa: That's right. Mana Sensing skill can be able to detect or locate someone's mana from a far place and their skill depending on their power level. Plus, you can pretty much have to familiarize someone's mana energy so you would know that it's them, but the user can also sense someone's mana whether if they have good or bad intentions. Both Shera and Medios can see the person's magical aura, not detect them.

Medios: I see. I've heard that kind of skill is quite rare to obtain.

(Y/N): You are not wrong, ma'am.

Medios: But anyways, what brings you all here?

-Mini Time Skip-

Later, Diablo hands the letter to Medios that was given by Celestine.

Medios: I understand. So you want me to teach you how to remove the Enslavement Collars?

Diablo: Can you do it?

Medios: Well, now...it's my first time dealing with a magic spell being reflected, too. But since Celestine has sent you to me, I can give it a try.

Shera: Yay!

Rem: Please do!

Both Shera and Rem said in excitement, finally being able to set free from the Enslavement Collars.

Medios: By the way, you also possess quite an interesting flow.

Rem: Huh?

From Medios's perspective view, she sees Rem's pink aura around her. However, she also sees Krebskulm's power down to Rem's abdomen.

Medios: Magic power is perpetually pouring from you. A very sinister power...Do you recall anything that might have caused you to become pregnant with a Demon?

Rem: Huh?!

Leafa & (Y/N): (Bruh...)

Everyone (except (Y/N) and Leafa): WHAT?!?!

Alicia: I-Is that true, Miss Rem?!

Shera: When did that happen?!

Rem: This isn't funny!

Shera: Ah! That night Diablo tortured you! That night!

Diablo: Huh?! Me?!

Leafa: Guys, Diablo didn't do anything like that. I went up to check on those two since the first night, they still had clothes on.

Diablo: That's right! Why would I do something like that?! You just misunderstood!

Shera: But when you share a bed alone with someone, you get pregnant, right?!

(Y/N): Shera, I don't think that could happen. Who the heck told you that?

Shera: From my parents!

(Y/N): That's some kind of misdirected information. You're a little innocent, Shera.

Leafa: (It's just one of those typical romantic anime stuff you've seen somewhere...)

Medios: But I'm sensing Fallen energy from within a Pantherian...

Medios says which made Rem cover her abdomen.

Diablo: That's enough idle chatter! Tell us how to remove the collars at once!

Medios: Oh, I'll show you. But it is a trade secret. I'd like to show it to as few as possible.

Alicia: I'll be standing by outside.

Rem: I'll hold off, as well...I don't feel so good.

Leafa: Don't tell me you're gonna start disintegrating, right?

Rem: N-No, not like that. Shera, could you see the magic power coming out of me all along?

Shera: Huh? Yeah! That's why I thought you must be a really strong adventurer.

Rem: I...see. How about you, (Y/N)? Did you also sense this magic power of mine?

(Y/N): I already have since day one.

Rem: Eh?

You then looked towards Leafa and Diablo as Rem slowly realizes what you just said.

Rem: Alright...I'll head outside for a bit.

Leafa: I'll help out.

Alicia: I'm coming with you as well.

(Y/N): Same here.

The four members of Diablo's group left the tent, leaving Diablo in his thoughts about Rem's situation.

Diablo: (That was close. We'd be facing all kinds of trouble if she found out about Krebskulm right now. We guaranteed ourselves that we'll save you someday! So just wait until then, Rem!)

-Outside the Tent-

Alicia: Are you really feeling unwell?

Rem: No, I'm fine.

Alicia: Miss Medios, was it? I felt like she was going to see straight into my heart. It was a little scary.

Rem: Even for an upstanding Imperial Knight like you?

Alicia: All the more because I'm an Imperial Knight. The harder you try to be righteous, the more your lies steadily increase.

Alicia says while looking up at the sky with a smile on her face.

Rem: Is that how it works?

Alicia: Hehe, that's a secret.

Alicia says with her gaze focused on Leafa and Rem.

Rem: I was afraid my own secret would be brought to light.

Alicia: Everyone has some kind of secret.

Leafa: Yeah. However, you have the right to keep your secrets.

Alicia: *Nods* Mmhm.

Suddenly, the group heard someone's stomach letting out rumbling noises as they all turned to see who it was, which is none other than (Y/N) himself.

(Y/N): Ah...that was me.

(Y/N) said with a light embarrassed blush on his face, making the girls giggle at him.

Leafa: *Playful smile* (Y/N), I thought you were finished eating breakfast~!

(Y/N): Yeah, but my stomach says otherwise.

Alicia: Hehe, there's actually a nearby fruit stand on our way here. You should fill up your half-empty stomach.

(Y/N): Really? Thanks, Alicia. I'll be back before you guys know it.

Alicia/Leafa/Rem: Okay.

And just like that, you left the area and headed towards a random nearby fruit stand, leaving the girls by themselves.

Alicia: Oh, right! I know a charm to help you conceal secrets when they're about to be exposed! Though it's a little childish and embarrassing.

Leafa decided to let them have their time as she closes her eyes and starts meditating.

Alicia: Could you close your eyes and hold one hand out for me?

Rem then held out her left hand as Alicia gently takes it.

Alicia: In my hometown, we did this and said...*Taps on Rem's left hand at the back* "There, all closed." Everyone said that this would help you protect your secrets.

Suddenly, a red magic seal appears on Rem's left hand.

Alicia was caught off guard and let out a gasp by the sudden appearance of the red magic seal before it disappeared on Rem's left hand.

Rem: What's wrong?

Alicia: N-No, nothing!

Leafa: Hm? Did something happen?

Leafa asks with her left eye open, breaking her meditation.

Alicia: Nope, there's nothing to worry about, Miss Leafa.

Alicia says with a smile on her face, but Leafa can notice Alicia's eyes after she dismissed something odd.

Leafa: (Hmm....she's hiding something from us...)

Rem: It felt like my hand grew warmer for a moment.

Rem says as she looks at her left hand.

Alicia: It did? It's my first time doing this with a Sorcerer, or maybe something is actually cast when it's done with magic power.

Rem: I feel a little more relaxed after talking to you. Thank you, Miss Alicia. Oh, and thanks for coming along, Leafa.

Alicia: I'm glad I was able to be useful to you.

Alicia says with a smile.

Leafa: You're forgetting about (Y/N) who came with us. You should thank him, too.

Rem: Ah, right.

Suddenly, Shera starts screaming which can be heard by everyone's ears outside of the tent.

Leafa/Rem/Alicia: What?

That's when you came back to the group while munching down a bitten apple that you just bought from the fruit stand.

(Y/N): Yo, I'm back. Did I miss something?

-Time Skip to Night-

Back at the Inn, Diablo told everyone about the release of Shera's collar which...ultimately ended up failing.

Shera: So in the end, you couldn't figure out how to release our collars because you quit?

Diablo: Yeah...

Alicia: It seemed like you and Diablo were putting a lot of effort into it.

Diablo: We did. We managed to learn how to see the flow of magic power easily enough. But we ran into trouble after that. The flow of magic power pouring out of these Enslavement Collars is...It's like countless balls of yarn strewn about an endless room, all tangled together. I need to unravel that mess thread by thread, but the room is so full of smoke that I can't see them very well, and I can only stay in the room while holding my breath. That's what it felt like.

Rem: I see. *Turns to Shera* You look energized, though.

Shera: Yeah! Then Diablo's hot essence poured into me, so I'm actually full of energy!

Leafa: (She's so innocent, yet lewd at the same time...)

Leafa thought to herself with a sweatdrop.

Rem: Somehow, I'm really tired today. I know it's a bit early, but shall we go to bed?

Diablo (Takuma): (I'm all for that. I'm confident I could sleep like the dead.

(Y/N): Miss Alicia, where are you going to sleep?

Your question made Diablo open his eyes in shock as he begins to think about Alicia sleeping with Diablo and Rem until...

Alicia: I've rented the room next to yours, so you needn't worry.

Rem: I see.

Alicia: Well, then, if you'll excuse me.

As Alicia was about to leave, all of you hear a sudden sound of a flute playing outside.

Leafa: Was that a flute?

Rem: It's a pretty timbre.

(Y/N): Is it a bard passing by or something?

Shera then stands up from her chair which is taken notice by Diablo and (Y/N).

Shera: It can't be...This sound...

Shera says with realization in her eyes until the door opens, revealing a man with yellow hair, elf ears, green clothes with a cape, and was playing the flute.

Rem: An Elf?

Shera: No way...Why are you here, Nii-san?!

Everyone was shocked upon hearing Shera calling out to her big brother.

Keera: Nice to meet you. I'm Shera's older brother, First Prince of the Kingdom of Greenwood, Keera L. Greenwood.

Keera introduces himself with a polite bow before speaking up to Shera.

Keera: I've finally found you, Shera. Now, come home with your brother.

Keera says as you were about to confront him, but Diablo was the first as he approaches Keera with a menacing glare and said...

Diablo: So you're the stupid prince who put a bounty on Shera?

Shera: Diablo?!

Keera: According to our reports, the adventurers seeking the bounty were defeated and captured.

Diablo: We're not about to let Shera get kidnapped by such weaklings!

Keera: That's good.

Diablo: Huh?

Keera: Actually, I said, "I'd like to show my gratitude to the man safeguarding my little sister," and it seems that caused a misunderstanding.

Rem: Misunderstanding?

Keera: I'm relieved to see that you are all well.

Alicia: We heard that the Elves were prepared to wage war if Princess Shera wasn't handed over, though.

Keera: I have no intention of going to war with the Humans. My father is just so concerned with Shera's well-being. Please allow me to apologize on my father's behalf for his inappropriate remarks.

Leafa: (That seems understandable, but I have a feeling that he's lying deep down.)

Leafa thought to herself while you were busy glaring at Keera.

Diablo (Takuma): (This isn't exactly what we expected. Sure, finding a peaceful resolution would be the best outcome, but...)

Shera: This isn't yourself! You're not acting like yourself, Nii-san!

Leafa: Prince Keera, it's best if you speak out the truth. Are you trying to help us out or something for this misunderstanding?

Leafa questions out of curiosity until...

Keera: I'm so sorry, Shera! I've been prioritizing our country so much that I ignored your feelings. I didn't realize what I should be cherishing most until I'd lost you. Can you ever find it in you to forgive your foolish brother?

Shera: What...?

Rem: I'm going to respect Shera's opinion on this. I don't know if what you say is true or not, Prince Keera, but I agree with you that Shera's feelings are what matters most here. Whether she returns to her nation or stays here with us is for her to decide.

Hearing Rem's statement made you smile in awe.

Shera: Rem...

Keera: I understand...I'm not lying about Shera's feelings matter most. I'll take my leave for today.

Diablo was surprised by Keera's decision.

Keera: It seems that our sudden reunion has made Shera emotional, so I'll come again tomorrow. At that time, please let me know your true feelings once more.

Diablo: Hmph. And if Shera still says she won't return home? Would you start a war?

Keera: Heavens, no! I'll respect Shera's decision! I swear to God that I'll accept her choice.

Diablo (Takuma): (He was surprisingly decent...)

Keera: But what about you...if she says that she'll return home?

Leafa: Heck no!

Leafa yells out, and this was noticed by others.

Leafa: Shera is our friend, a big adventure is what makes her happy! There's no need for someone to control Shera's decisions in her life!

Shera: Leafa...

Diablo: My junior is right. If Shera truly were to decide to go home, then she can do as she pleases.

Keera: *Smiles* Of course.

And just like that, Keera closes the door and everyone hears the sound of his footsteps fading away.

Shera couldn't help to smile at you, Leafa, and Diablo.

(Y/N): (Everyone believed that Keera respected Shera's decision, but his Mana Energy tells otherwise. It felt malicious...)

-Time Skip-

Later on, everyone got some sleep after a long day, but a certain person couldn't sleep and was gazing at the sky which is none other than Shera herself.

However...

Rem: Can't sleep?

Shera: Ah, Rem...You're awake?

Rem: Standing in the night air in your nightgown isn't good for your health.

Shera: Sorry. I'll close the window.

Rem: I don't mind.

Shera: Huh?

Rem: Shall we talk for a bit?

Rem says and Shera nodded her head in response.

Rem: What do you plan on doing tomorrow?

Shera: Huh?

Rem: I mean, will you go with Prince Keera...or not?

Shera: I'm not going home. I made that decision when I left.

Rem smiles before speaking up.

Rem: Prince Keera was a surprisingly nice fellow.

Shera: I can't tell whether or not Nii-san was lying.

Rem: Are you worried?

Shera: Not about that...I recalled several things about my homeland.

Rem: So you were feeling nostalgic?

Shera: Yes! That!

Rem: Shh! Are you going to wake up those three?

Rem says, pointing her thumb at the sleeping Diablo and his two juniors.

Shera: Oh, sorry.

Leafa: (I can literally hear you both.)

(Y/N): (Not asleep here.)

Diablo: (I'm already awake, actually.)

Rem: What are you going to do from here?

Shera: From here?

Rem: You shouldn't be hunted down by any Elves anymore. I don't think you'd need to continue adventuring and moving around all the time.

Shera: Didn't you hear what (Y/N) and Leafa said an hour ago? They said that I should continue adventuring through.

Rem: Yes, but it was Leafa who said that you should deserve to have adventures. (Y/N) said that we have our own rights and our freedom as an individual.

Shera: I know. Aside from that, I'd love to try opening a cafe.

Rem: A cafe?

Shera: Doesn't it sound lovely? Everyone could have fun drinking coffee and eating snacks.

Rem: That's too vague for me to picture.

Shera: Well, I've never been to one before.

Rem: There was a new one that opened recently in Faltra.

Shera: You're kidding! I want to go!

Shera then imagines the group opening a cafe by themselves in their business attire.

(A/N: Put yourself and Leafa with them.)

Shera: You know, I've thought about this a lot. Once I open the cafe, I'll be its owner! Both you and Leafa can be the waitresses. Diablo and (Y/N) can be in charge of polishing the cups!

Diablo: (Cups...)

(Y/N): (Hey, it's not a bad idea.)

Leafa: (Hehe, that's just cute.)

Rem: Why are you involving us in your dream?

Shera: Eh? That's obvious, isn't it? Because you're the first friends I made after leaving the Elven nation!

Rem: Your first friends, huh?

Shera: Wherever you, Diablo, Leafa, and (Y/N) are would definitely be the new place I call home. You guys have done so much for me, and you're my precious friends. You're more family than my real family now.

Rem stays silent for a few moments before speaking up.

Rem: Unfortunately, I can't be part of your plans for the future right now. I'm burdened with a certain problem at the moment. Until that problem is resolved, I don't have any leeway to consider the future. And this problem is not only a very difficult one, but it's so depressing, it makes me want to give up sometimes.

Shera: Is there anything I can do?

Rem: I don't know.

Shera: Well, you have Diablo and his juniors, then!

Rem: True...Those three might be able to do something about it. So...

Shera: Hm?

Rem: If you'll still welcome me again after that problem is resolved...Then maybe I will join you at that cafe.

Shera was very happy about Rem agreeing to be part of her dream that she hugged her while Rem struggles to break free for air.

As they were about to fall onto you and Leafa, you instinctively put up a Wind Wall to prevent them from falling.

(Y/N): Sheesh, it's best if you two get some sleep already.

Shera: E-Eh? You were awake, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Of course I was, and I heard the whole thing.

Diablo & Leafa: (But we also heard that as well.)

Rem: Sorry for the noise...

(Y/N): It's fine. Just get some sleep. We don't want to wake everyone up.

Both Shera and Rem looked at each other and smiled before getting onto their respective shared beds.

-Somewhere-

Somewhere around in the forest, we hear the sound of a familiar flute playing which is none other than Prince Keera himself who is standing on top of a tree while playing the flute.

Keera: *Grins* Heh, Shera...By this time tomorrow, you'll belong to me. I can't wait. Hehehe...You'll bear my child, Shera!

...

(A/N: That's that! Stay tuned for more!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

432 82 27
- This the FIFTH SPECIAL STORY under Crossing Fates Series... kindly read the first four books first. Book 1 - Escape Book 2 - Capture Book 3 - Detai...
5.1K 105 35
Herumi is an 18 years old boy who lives an ordinary life and was living in an orphanage. he lost both of his parents at 8 years. Even his ordinary, t...
1 1 10
Having to protect one's home-town from demons is by no means an easy task. Especially when one isn't even a half of an angel. That's how it was for A...
25.5K 715 34
This wasn't good. At. ALL. You had quit Genshin Impact not too long ago. You got..bored, is all. "I will never make it in this game," you said while...