Sing With Us (One Piece OC)

By jesse_fanficmama

!!BROOK'S BACKSTORY SPOILERS!! (Thriller Bark arc) Escaping her arrest for her unique devil fruit abilities... More

Chapter 1 - A Whale and His Crew
Chapter 2 - Captain Calico Yorki
Chapter 3 - Smiles and a Song
Chapter 4 - Past and Future
Chapter 5 - Failed Manoeuver
Chapter 6 - The Rumbar Policy
Chapter 7 - A Special Bond
Chapter 8 - Tracked Down
Chapter 9 - Cutting It Close
Chapter 10 - Blood and Bounty
Chapter 11 - In a Small Package
Chapter 12 - Just a Little Fun
Chapter 13 - Daggers in the Dark
Chapter 14 - Let the Music Play
Chapter 15 - Sea King Takedown
Chapter 16 - A Family of Friends
Chapter 17 - They Wouldn't
Chapter 18 - The Opportune Moment
Chapter 19 - Loose Cargo
Chapter 21 - As the Years Go By
Chapter 22 - Young Apprentices
Chapter 23 - Hunters & Straw Hats
Chapter 24 - A New Promise
Chapter 25 - Grand Line Rookies
Chapter 26 - Until We Meet Again
Alternate Ending - If Gwen Joined Luffy
Song Credits

Chapter 20 - Our Final Farewell

71 3 0
By jesse_fanficmama

Everyone: "~~Gather up all of the crew! It's time to ship out Bink's Brew! Sea wind blows, to where?! Who knows?! The waves will be our guide! O'er across the ocean's tide! Rays of sunshine far and wide! Birds, they sing of cheerful thing's in circles passing by!~~"

Brook: "Hey Gwen, play with us."

Gwen: "Really?"

Yorki: "Yeah, show us what you've learned."

I smiled as I was leant a violin and began singing and playing with them.

Everyone: "~~Bid farewell to Weaver's town! Say so long to port renowned! Sing a song, it won't be long before we're casting off!~~"

I messed up a few times, but I had Brook and the others to back me up.

Everyone: "~~Cross the gold and silver seas! The salty spray puts us at ease! Day and night, to our delight, the voyage never ends!~~"

Several months passed while the crew repaired the ship. Every day was full of fun and excitement, ready to set off on our Grand Line adventure. Until one late afternoon, I was looking for Captain Yorki...

Gwen: "Arito, where's the captain?"

Arito: "I saw him go into the lighthouse not long ago."

Gwen: "Okay."

I jumped down from the figure head and skipped toward the lighthouse.

Arito: "Wait Pip, you shouldn't- WAH!"

Gwen: "Don't fall~!"

Arito: "Aw, damn it..."

Gwen: "Captain?"

I walked into the lighthouse where I could just about hear him and Crocus talking.

Gwen: "Hmm..."

I crept in far enough to make out what they were saying.

Crocus: "I know something's been on your mind, Yorki, just say it."

Yorki: "*sigh* Alright... Crocus... could you take care of Gwen and Laboon for us?"

I covered my mouth before I could gasp.

Yorki: "You've been so hospitable to us and we consider you a friend, so I hate to ask this of you. But the Grand Line is too dangerous for them. Laboon's just a baby and if we lose him to a sea king... We wouldn't be able to live with ourselves... And then Gwen..."

My whole body was shaking as I was trying not to cry.

Yorki: "She may be older than she looks, but she's still a child. I ask you from the bottom of my heart, please... take care of our kids while we're gone."

Crocus: "You can count on me, friend. Just promise you'll return safe, one way or another."

Yorki: "Of course. We'll leave tomorrow. Thank you again."

Crocus: "You're going to say goodbye, right?"

Yorki: "Yes... We've tried to sneak off before and... We won't make that mistake again."

Arito must have seen me run out of the lighthouse, a look of betrayal on my face.

Arito: "Aw no no no no... Not like this, Pipper... Hey, Brook! We got a situation!"

I ran to the shore, away from where the rest of the crew was and I crouched down next to the water.

Gwen: "I can't believe this... after we- *sigh*"

I called Laboon over to me. He let out a happy chirp but frowned when he saw the angry look on my face.

Gwen: "Laboon... everyone's planning on leaving without us again. I overheard captain taking to Crocus. He's going to leave us here at Reverse Mountain."

He let out a small moan of sadness before I put my hand on his head.

Gwen: "Shhh, listen brother... Captain doesn't know I know yet. So I have a plan... Tonight we'll-"

Brook: "Scheming again?"

I flinched. Laboon's tail splashed, always happy to see Brook but I could barely look at anyone else. Without turning around, I sat with my legs crossed, staring into the water.

Brook: "That was an elaborate bit of mischief you concocted, YOHOHOHO! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed."

I didn't say anything. But I glanced up to see Laboon frowning at me, concerned.

Brook: "Gwen? Are you alright?"

When I stayed silent, he sat down next to me.

Brook: "Please talk to me, my little friend. What's wrong?"

Gwen: "You don't know?"

Brook: "Know what?"

Gwen: "That you and the captain and everyone are planning to leave Laboon and me here..."

Laboon squeaked to say he was upset about it too.

Brook: "Ah... yes, I... I did hear about that. I just didn't think you-"

Gwen: "I heard the captain talking to Crocus about it..."

Brook: "*sigh* Gwen, you know why we tell you not to eavesdrop."

Gwen: "...... Because I could hear something that might upset me..."

Brook: "That's right. And this proves that, doesn't it?"

I wrapped my arms around myself as tears filled my eyes and started falling down my cheeks.

Gwen: "I just... I just don't want to be alone..."

Brook: "Gwen..."

Gwen: "And I know I'll have Laboon... but he feels the... the same way."

Laboon moaned in agreement. Brook picked me up and hugged me in his lap.

Brook: "You're too small to handle the dangers ahead. We don't want anything to happen to you."

Gwen: "Please don't leave us behind... We're Rumbar Pirates too..."

Brook: "Of course you are. You're brave and smart, we all know that. Captain does too. I would take you along if I could, but... I'll tell you a secret... Things have been relatively easy so far."

I wiped my eyes.

Gwen: "Easy?"

Brook: "Yes. Childs play compared to what we're getting ourselves into now. We have no idea what kind of threats we might encounter. And if something bad happened to you or Laboon because we carelessly decided to bring you with us ... If you got seriously hurt... or died, then... then we wouldn't be able to live with ourselves!"

Gwen: "But I worked so hard... I earned the right to fight alongside you."

Brook: "I know. And we couldn't be prouder, but... Gwen, Laboon... we would do anything we could to protect you. Even if it were to cause us to meet our own demise. We would dive headfirst to help you."

His voice broke and I looked up to see he was crying too.

Gwen: "Brook...?"

Brook: "You have to understand... please... I don't want to bid farewell either! Of course not! Not having you with us... It'll be hard for me too. You're my best friends... And I feel a strong sense of duty to keep you both safe... no matter what. Even if it means... being apart for a while."

Laboon and I tried to understand. I sat in Brook's lap, staring out at the horizon. I thought about how hard it must've been for everyone to have made the decision to leave part of their family behind. They decided with a heavy heart, all for the sake of keeping Laboon and me safe. The sky gradually turned from blue, to pink, to orange and yellow.

Brook: "The sun rises in the East and sets in the West. I think you two have the perfect view of it."

Gwen: "...... It is pretty..."

Brook: "You can see it every night. Under a clear, safe sky."

Gwen: "You watch it too, Brook. Then I'll know... we'll all be looking the same way."

Brook: "I promise I will. It'll be our special sunset."

I took out my dagger and held it up, the steel blade reflecting the pinkish-orange light.

Gwen: "What will I need this for then? If not to protect my ship and crew."

Brook: "Well, that was only half the vow you made. Do you remember the other half?"

Gwen: "... To protect Laboon, and myself..."

Brook: "Then that's it. Never stop practicing, Gwen. Because you never know. I imagine all sorts of pirates will come down this mountain. But you'll be ready if any try to hurt you or your brother."

I nodded, understanding.

Gwen: "I'll be ready...... Speaking of, I named my dagger."

Brook: "Yohoho, really?"

Gwen: "Yeah. All good swordsmen name their blades."

Brook: "Hm... maybe I'll think about that too. What did you name your dagger?"

Gwen: "Based on the technique both you and captain Yorki taught me... 'Humming Steel'."

Brook: "Yohohoho, impressive! But... what technique?"

Gwen: "You taught me to sing when I'm scared and captain taught me to hum during a fight, to help me focus. Besides, I'm a Rumbar and a musician."

Brook smiled and stroked my head, making me look up at him.

Brook: "You sure are... And that reminds me! I have something for you."

He lifted me up and I sat beside him.

Brook: "Close your eyes~"

I did so for a minute. Laboon chirped excitedly as he put it in my lap. I opened my eyes and gasped to see a violin and bow.

Gwen: "Brook... I... this is for me?"

Brook: "Yohoho, yes. Don't worry, I still have mine."

I took it and a little smile crept onto my face as I ran my fingers over the smooth surface. I looked up and giggled to see the look of awe on Laboon's face too.

Brook: "YOHOHOHOHO, remember to share with your brother too... Do you like it?"

I stood up and hugged him.

Gwen: "It's beautiful, I love it! Thank you, Brook."

Brook: "My pleasure, Gwen."

Laboon chirped, splashing his fins.

Brook: "YOHOHOHO!"

Gwen: "You're right, Laboon. This calls for a song."

Brook: "Took the words right out of my mouth."

Brook stood with me, and we played together. One last time.

Brook: ~~Yohohoho yo hoho ho, Yohohoho yo hoho ho~~"

Gwen & Brook: "Yohohoho yo hoho ho, Yohohoho yo hoho ho~~"

I laughed as Laboon squeaked and danced happily with us.

Gwen: "~~Gather up all of the crew it's time to ship out Bink's Brew. Pirates we, eternally are challenging the sea!~~"

Brook: "YOHO! ~~With the waves to rest our heads, ship beneath us as our beds! Hoisted high upon the mast, our Jolly Roger flies!~~"

Gwen & Brook: "~~Somewhere in the endless sky, stormy winds are blowing by! Waves are dancing, evening comes, it's time to sound the drums! But steady, men, and never fear, tomorrow skies are always clear! So pound your feet and clap your hands till sunny days return!~~"

I laughed, feeling better singing with my brother and best friend.

Brook: "YOHOHOHOHOHO! You're getting better everyday."

Gwen: "You think?"

Brook: "Not a doubt in my mind."

Gwen: "I want to be able to play anything, just like you."

Brook: "Yohoho, I can't tell you how much that means to me. I just know you'll get there in no time."

I crouched on the edge in front of Laboon.

Gwen: "One day your big sister will play any song you want, all the time!"

He splashed and nuzzled me excitedly.

Gwen: "Hahaha, and we'll sing and dance to it together! AHAH- Laboon, that's cold!"

I sat back down, wringing my shirt out.

Brook: "I've been thinking lately... Your seawater immunity is a mystery, but I think I might have a theory as to how it happened."

Laboon and I turned back to him, staring curiously.

Gwen: "You think there's a logical reason how I became the freak among freaks?"

Brook: "Yohoho, maybe... You said you were in the sea when you found, ate and gained the ability of your devil fruit."

Gwen: "Uh huh."

Brook: "I think at that moment, the sea decided to spare you from the burden of its curse, at least partially... because it knew about the important and unbreakable bond you would make with Laboon."

Laboon squeaked curiously.

Gwen: "You think Laboon's why seawater doesn't affect me like it does you?"

Brook: "It's just a theory but think about it. You share the strongest bond with Laboon out of all of us, even me!"

Gwen: "Well yeah, he's my brother. We swore to love and protect each other, with the sea- as... our witness... woah."

The possibility dawned on me.

Brook: "You have a bond that even a devil fruit's curse couldn't take away."

Laboon and I glanced to each other in awe. For a simple theory, it somehow made total sense. I thought our connection started when he saved me the day I first escaped Segawa. And then we made our bond official with that promise on the beach. But maybe, just maybe... our relationship had been in the making for a long time.

Gwen: "I think you're right, Brook."

I stroked Laboon's head as he stared at me with a gentle twinkle in his eyes.

Gwen: "Fate works in mysterious ways... It brought us all together..."

My smile faded again.

Gwen: "And now it's splitting us apart... ~~Cause I've done everything I know... To try and change your mind... But now I'm gonna miss you... For a long, long time.~~"

Brook: "Aw, Gwen..."

Gwen: "... How long, Brook?"

Brook: "Hm?"

Gwen: "How long... until you come back for us? You're planning to, right?"

Brook: "Of course. We'd never leave you forever...... Three years tops."

He put his hand under my arms and stood me up. Though he stayed kneeling in front of us with his head down.

Brook: "Gwen, Laboon..."

We stared at him curiously.

Brook: "I swear to you that we will return. We will see each other again."

He put his head up and took my hand with my pirate tattoo facing up, looking between Laboon and me.

Brook: "I promise we will return within three years."

Gwen: "Three years... is all it'll take to conquer the Grand Line?"

Brook: "You're underestimating your crew?"

I smiled and shook my head. Laboon squeaked happily and spun in a circle.

Gwen: "Three years."

Brook nodded with a smile and let my hand go.

Brook: "Three years. I bet my afro on it! If we're not back before then, I'll cut it all off!"

Gwen: "BROOK!"

Laboon ducked down and came up to spray water in his face.

Brook: "Cold!"

Gwen: "Don't you dare let any harm come to your afro! Promise us."

Laboon squeaked in stern agreement. We both love Brook's hair.

Brook: "Yohohoho! Alright, I promise."

Gwen: "Hmph, don't scare us like that!"

Brook: "*gasp* Oh no..."

Gwen: "Hm...?"

He fell backwards dramatically, with his hand on his chest.

Brook: "Sea water. Devil Fruit. Dead! Bleeeh..."

Laboon and I laughed as he lay there wet and playing dead. Brook always knew how to cheer us up. As our giggles calmed down, he sat up.

Brook: "Let's part ways smiling, okay. Gwen, Laboon, don't ever let your happiness die."

Laboon splashed happily and I nodded, rubbing my eyes with a yawn. Brook crouched in front of me with his back turned.

Brook: "Come on, let's get you to bed."

Gwen: "Kay..."

I sleepily climbed on, and he stood up with me on his back.

Brook: "Say goodnight Laboon."

Gwen: "Goodnight, Laboon..."

He waved a fin at me, and Brook carried me to bed.

Brook: "Get some sleep tonight, Gwen. Tomorrow is another day."

The next morning, I stood with my back to the ship, facing my crew. Laboon was just behind me, looking between us, waiting for someone to say something.

Yorki: "Gwen... You eavesdropped on us yesterday, didn't you?"

I looked down with a frown.

Gwen: "Yes, captain..."

He took a couple steps back.

Yorki: "Everyone, say your goodbyes. We won't be seeing Gwen or Laboon for quite some time."

They came to us, one by one, with hugs and tears and last words. Until the twins came to me with something behind their backs.

Gwen: "Arito, Daisu..."

They knelt down to me.

Daisu: "Hey, Pip..."

Arito: "We want to give you something."

They showed and handed me a guitar.

Gwen: "This is for me?"

I smiled as they nodded.

Gwen: "It's beautiful."

It was the perfect size. And I noticed there was a light pink seashell on the headstock.

Gwen: "No way... is this...?"

Arito: "Yeah, it's the seashell Laboon gave you when you met."

Daisu: "Brook helped us find it and attach it."

I turned to Laboon and showed him.

Gwen: "Look, buddy! Recognise this?"

I giggled as he smiled and nodded.

Arito: "We'll really miss you, Pipper."

Daisu: "But hopefully you'll think of us when you're playing it."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around them.

Gwen: "Of course I will, I love it. Thank you... big brothers."

I never referred to them as my brothers before, but they were so happy as they returned my hug.

Arito & Daisu: "Our pleasure, Pip... We'll see you soon."

They moved on to say goodbye to Laboon and Brook walked up to me, a tear escaping from my eye as he knelt down to me. He wiped it away and I looked up to his smile. With everything we talked about yesterday, I barely knew what else to say. Until it hit me, so simple. I threw my arms around him.

Gwen: "I love you, Brook... You'll always be my best friend..."

Brook: "I love you too, kid... And I promise we'll see each other again. I swear it on my life and the next, Yohohoho!"

Gwen: "Eheheh."

Even in our last goodbye, he knew how to make me smile.

The crew said their goodbyes and Captain Yorki walked up to us. He crouched down to my level with his hands on my shoulders.

Yorki: "You understand, don't you? Why you and Laboon have to stay here?"

I nodded, fighting back tears.

Gwen: "Yes, captain..."

Yorki: "I'm sorry... we just want you to be safe."

Gwen: "I want you to be safe too... promise you will."

Yorki: "Come 'ere, guppy."

He pulled me into a hug that I returned with my face buried in his shoulder.

Yorki: "I promise... I promise we'll return... One way, or another."

Gwen: "I love you, captain... Thank you for everything."

Yorki: "I love you too, Gwen... The pleasure was all mine."

He let go and kissed my forehead. Keeping his hand on my shoulder and stoking Laboon's head, he addressed us both.

Yorki: "You two be good for Crocus, take care of each other, and wait here together for us... Okay?"

Gwen: "Aye, captain."

Laboon, squeaked with a nod.

Yorki: "Chin up, kiddos... We're going to conquer the Grand Line and become the greatest pirate crew the world has ever seen!"

I smiled as the crew cheered.

Gwen: "I know you will."

Yorki: "It's time for us to go now... All abord, men!"

Crew: "Aye!"

Captain kissed my head one last time and hopped abord.

Yorki: "We'll come back to this cape as fast as we can!"

Brook: "By the time we make it back here, you'll have both grown strong enough to travel along with us!"

They set sail as we called out our final farewells to each other.

Yorki: "Gwen! Laboon! This'll be the last time we say goodbye! I promise we're coming back! We're your family! Nothing will ever change that!"

As we waved goodbye, I wiped my eyes and yelled out to them.

Gwen: "Rumbar Pirates!! I owe you all my life!!"

Tears streamed down my face, but still I smiled.

Gwen: "I know you can do this!! We'll be waiting for you!!"

Laboon called out to them, he believes in them too.

Brook: "I'm so glad that you understand!! Until we meet again, you take care!!"

Laboon and I watched until our ship disappeared over the horizon.

Gwen: "~~Gather up all of the crew, it's time to ship out Bink's Brew. Wave goodbye, but don't you cry, our memories remain... Our days are but a passing dream, everlasting though they seem... 'Neath the moon, we'll meet again, the wind's our lullaby~~"

Laboon turned to me, and I wiped away my tears.

Gwen: "Three years, Laboon... And we'll all be togetheragain."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 921 29
๐Ÿ“Œ[ STORY ON HOLD ] Upon getting possibly one of the rarest Devil fruit to exist, how will this girl use her newfound abilities in this Great Pirate...
408K 17.5K 119
As (Y/N) is sent out on a mission for a whale named "Laboon" with her childhood friend Vivi, She encounters a particular crew that piques her intere...
13.4K 455 22
"cause im a giver, it's only nature... ...i live for danger." โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข no one on the sea nor on the land doesn't know her name. ever...
180 10 4
Few know about Foreston D. Lillian's past. Most people know her as the Straw Hat Pirates' Huntress. The crew knows she is Luffy's younger sister. Luf...