Royals of the South

By chapterbangtan

You were shock to know that you and your brother Sunoo was called from the palace. You were just sold as slav... More

Epilogue
Chapter 1: Freedom
Chapter 2: Royal Troublemaker
Chapter 3: Hide and Seek
Chapter 4: Lessons with His Majesty
Chapter 5: The Second Prince
Chapter 6: Trust
Chapter 7: Spy
Chapter 8: Enchanted
Chapter 9: Dinner
Chapter 10: Breakfast at the Courtyard
Chapter 11: Saved
Chapter 12: The Assassin
Chapter 13: The Art of Falling Inlove
Chapter 14: King of The North
Chapter 15: Visit
Chapter 16: Questions
Chapter 17: Final Answer
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 18: Marriage
Chapter 19: Sacrifice
Chapter 20: Absence
Chapter 21: Her
Chapter 22: Rumors
Chapter 23: Meeting Her
Chapter 24: Nightmare
Chapter 25: Offer of Marriage
Chapter 26: Chance
Chapter 27: Confession After Confession
Chapter 28: Sacrifice for the Kingdom
Chapter 29: Decisions
Chapter 30: The Trip
Chapter 31: Resigned Hearts
Chapter 32: Welves
Chapter 33: Captive
Chapter 34: Acceptance
Chapter 35: Engagement
Chapter 36: I Know Everything
Chapter 37: All of You
Chapter 39: Unwanted News
Chapter 40: Engagement
Chapter 41: The Heart Speaks
Chapter 42: Wedding
Chapter 43: Consummate
Chapter 43: First Day Royal
Chapter 44: The Council and Rosa
Chapter 45: Luff Village
Chapter 46: The Queen
Chapter 47: The North Kingdom

Chapter 38: Defeat

102 5 6
By chapterbangtan

~•×•~

As if the noble that's infront of him isn't talking, Jungkook stares into the hallway where you and the king disappeared into. His eyes were glued on the same spot and Ella could feel the noble's eyes going to where Jungkook's eyes are so she stood up and blocked Jungkook's view to grab his attention.

"Your highness, it's getting late. This party will end soon. Can we get going?" Ella asked.

Jungkook snapped out from his zone and looked at Ella and then at the noble. The noble bowed, said his farewell and exited. Jungkook looks up at Ella.

"Apologies my lady. I think I am tired too. Yes, let's call it a night," he stood up and ushered his bride-to-be out of the ballroom and into her quarters.

At the same time, you and Taehyung stepped out of his office. Jungkook's sigh was so palpable that even his body relaxed at your sight. He knew you'd cry, how he wish he could be there for you. He took notice of your red eyes, cheeks red and

Swollen lips

His eyes wanders to the king and Taehyung sure have swollen lips too.

"Are you leaving?" Taehyung asked when they reached your company.

Jungkook just stares at his moving lips and seemed to phase out. Ella realizes it and answers in behalf of Jungkook.

"Yes your majesty. Me and his highness are tired," she said looking up at Jungkook who's jaws are clenched.

"Are you alright?" He asked Jungkook making Ella lightly squeeze his arm.

Again, Jungkook snapped out of his state and looks at the king's eyes.

"Yeah, we need to go your majesty," he bowed and rushed to leave, Ella in tow and in a rush to say her farewells.

Ella can feel it.

When they reached a safe place, she pulls her hand away from Jungkook's. He then turns around in confusion.

"What's wrong?" He asked her.

Ella stood there in complete realization. The way Jungkook followed you into the balcony, his zoned out state the whole evening, the way he followed you with his eyes.

"You love her," she quietly spoke.

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Who are you referring to?" He asked.

"Lady Y/n," she said almost in a whisper.

Jungkook walks closer to her and reached for her shoulders.

"You must be tired," he tried to sway her away from her thoughts and conclusions.

Ella stood her ground.

"Why did you offer marriage when you loved her? Am I a game to you?" She asked, hurt evident in her tone.

Jungkook cups her face.

"I know that mareiage for people like us is business and not love. I was wrong about you. I thought we would be different. Of all the women here in your kingdom you wish to covet the king's woman. I will not proceed with this marriage,"

"No, you got it all wrong. Please listen to me,"

"All I did was listen to you your highness. I know I am not in the right position to break off this engagement but I refuse to enter a marriage and be one of those women who suffer because love is absent. I want to leave first thing in the morning," Ella calmly walked away leaving Jungkook in defeat. Ella with teary eyes, didn't look back. She knew her place and it was nowhere near the prince's heart.

He let her walk away.

As always.

Jungkook released a heavy sigh.

"Why?" Heeseung walked to his brother. Hands shoved into his pockets.

He knew he wasn't suppose to be there eavesdropping but he was suppose to give Jungkook duty orders for tomorrow when he heard their coversation.

Jungkook turns around to see his brother's disappointed face.

"Why of all people do you want her?" Heeseung walks closer.

He doesn't really know if he's angry or not. All he wants to know is why does his brother chose to love and want you.

Jungkook looks down at the floor.

His mind is in overload.

From Jimin wanting to marry you, to realizing that the king kissed you, Ella breaking off the engagement and now his brother questioning him.

"The king intends to marry her you know that right?" Heeseung pressed.

"I know," Jungkook answers.

"I backed off because I knew that. I knew my place. I don't want to direspect you but what you did to Ella and Y/n is fucked up. You better let her be happy with the king than suffer with you," Heeseung walks away so disappointed at his brother.

Jungkook walks away to the other direction. Fury and hurt mixee in his head. Jungkook backed off too. He did his part too. No one will ever know how difficult it is for him. He was wrong at involving Ella in this.

Surely he doesn't want to hurt you. He does want you by his side but the damage has already been done. And it seemed like you already accepted the king. By the looks of it, you and the king will get married and he intends to do anything to make it right.

Hopefully, get you back.

But then......

Heeseung's words struck him.

He backed off because he knew his place yet Jungkook had the chance. Taehyung gave everyone a chance. But no one really stepped up for you.

Jungkook realized it and it made him feel all the more defeated.

Taehyung patiently waited for everyone to make their own choices and decisions. He never forced anyone nor used his position to pressure anyone.

He now realizes why Taehyung became the king. Not only because he is the first born but because he knew when to move and where to hit. At the right time, at the right place, without using his position as their king.

Everyone had a fair shot.

Of all the battles Jungkook has been into and won, this battle is the hardest. It is his first defeat.

Taehyung won

Fair and square

Jungkook is defeated.

•••

Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 13.1K 46
Story by cutegir2002 A story full of adventures. Containing four love stories and lots of action. Strangers meeting in the same path, with the same m...
12.2K 701 20
Short cute Taekook texting AU when jungkook adds his friends new number but he messages someone different, someone very odd he had never met anyone...
122K 6.5K 48
*Dragon King x innocent human* →→A story where A Dragon king found his mate as a meek, fragile human being.⏎ ❍Kim Taehyung, a Dragon King, is a ruth...
5.9K 100 30
Park Jimin,a lovable and handsome boy next door with low self-confidence enters University life. Till now focused on getting good grades, having an i...