Nerve Wreck

By SpooksandGiggles

As a young girl tries to keep herself together as her life tries to tear her apart, she descends into a spira... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chaper 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
XXX
Chaper 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
R3D3MP710N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 18

15 6 0
By SpooksandGiggles

Damn. I should've stayed longer. I should've tried to make her laugh again... last night... ugh. I should've just sat down and listened to her. What we had was barely a conversation... I ended up blabbing my mouth for hours until she chimed in to tell me that my phone went off-

Ding

Gina
Are you free?

Jack
Yeah. What's up?

Gina
Nothing much. Just wanted to hang out with you again. Cool?

Jack
Yeah! I can be there in 20. Sounds good?

Gina
Sweet! Sounds perfect.

Shit shit shit shit shit. I can't fuck this up again. She's asking me over after that disaster? What do I wear? Sweats? My flannel? How do I start a conversation with out going on a rant? Shit.

Jack
On my way now.

Gina
See you soon!

Am I just a friend? I don't know. I don't think she has any other guy friends... Does she see me the way I see her? Should I ask her..? Maybe.. I don't want to be lead on.. Shit! Did I miss the turn?! Ugh I need to stop freaking out... I should text her once I get out the car. Would that be too much?

Jack
Walking your way now

Gina
Okayy!

Am I being annoying? I can practically hear her voice in her texts. I hope I don't get lost. Woah. Those are some colorful birds. I wonder if she likes animals. Is that it? Yeah.. it's still pretty far though... should I pick up the pace? Can she see me? Am I taking to long? Let's pick up the pace. Oh! I see her in the window! Run to her. I better not fall off the steps. It's practically a death trap...

"Hey! You got here a lot faster than you said."

"Really? Huh..."

"Thanks for coming over. I was feeling a bit lonely by myself..."

Was I the first person you called..?

"Oh, did your friends not want to hang out?"

"Oh... Actually, I needed a break from them. You know?"

I was.

"Yeah, I get it. I get pretty tired of dealing with my friends too. They each have their own baggage so it gets a bit overwhelming to hang out and deal with it sometimes."

"Wow... you really know exactly how I feel, huh."

I understand you.

"Yeah. I have a pretty big group of friends too. It can take a toll on ya. Too much social work to keep up with em all."

"Haha! Yeah, I definitely feel that."

Your laugh.

"You don't have to stand there you know. You can sit."

Damn it. Did I make things awkward? Is this okay? I don't want to freak you out...

"Hmm..."

"Hmm?"

"You're acting funny. You're acting nervous. I'm sorry... I really didn't mean to make you feel like you have to accept everything I propose. I just wanted to try to get us comfortable? In a not creepy way?"

"I'm pretty sure that if I got comfortable with you you'd slap me into next year... but sure."

"..."

"I am nervous. Not because I feel uncomfortable with you but because I don't want you to get the wrong idea."

"Do I have the wrong idea..?"

Wait..!!

"Shit! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that at all! I swear I'm not some sort of pervert!"

"Pfft- hahaha! Don't worry! You're fine I was just messing with you. Well, good thing I know that you like me."

Oh shit...

"You don't have to feel awkward. I kinda figured."

You're so calm about this. Did you know from the start? Was I really that obvious?

"If you don't mind... I want to stay friends for now. Not forever or anything but I just don't know you all that well. We only hung out once before and spoke a few times, you know? I know you probably want to move forward with me but I just need to get to know you first, okay?"

"Yeah, of course. I'm sorry if I made you feel pressured... I never even thought of that... just kinda went for it. Sorry."

"It's okay! I just didn't want to leave things up in the air."

This is good. This is going well. Is this why you called me? To get to know me better? We could've just talked on the phone but you seem to be the one to like doing things face to face. Just ask. I'll make sure none of your questions go unanswered.

"Can you answer some questions for me?"

"Of course. What's up?"

"Scat told me you dropped out. Why? What happened?"

"Oh. She told you that? Umm... well, it was just suffocating. The people. The studying. It just ended up being to much... and I'm not the best under pressure unfortunately... what about you? What's your school story?"

"The opposite of yours. That's for sure. I'm graduating this semester."

"Oh yeah? I thought you were a sophomore."

"I am."

"Woah! Smart lady!"

"Not really. I just took a lot of courses after school and summer classes in middle school and freshman year. Paid off well."

Silence. Should I break it? It feels so comfortable though. You seem pretty comfortable too.

"Can I lay down with you?"

"Hmm? Yeah, of course! Sorry about before."

"It's alright. Can you face me?"

"Yeah."

Your hair is done. And you're nicely dressed... did you dress up for me or were you out today? I like the green on you. It matches your eyes. I may not know you personally but Scat always talked about you and the others.

I know you tried for the team and just never went back after your first practice. I know you're all going to some photo shoot tomorrow with Ivy. I know you've got some problems going on between your parents and can't stay home much due to it. And I'm the only one who knows your that girl from the club. You sure made yourself look different there. Even wore contacts and covered your freckles. Not to mention you made your hair all big  and puffy. I barely recognized you. I only put the pieces together when we were talking about Scat. Only reason we left was cuz some guy brought you over to the VIP section when mentioning a promise you made him.

But I also know things like this. Your secret tree house. I'm the only one who knows about it. Scat never mentioned it nor hinted on it and you told me to keep it secret. Why is it a secret? How bad are your parents that would make you stay here mostly? Is it because of your job? No... Scat said you just got the job. She doesn't know where you work though. Unlike me.

Do your parents hurt you..? Should I interrupt you and ask?

"Do you have anymore questions?"

"Huh? Why, do you have one for me?"

"Yeah.. it's a bit personal though."

"I'm fine with that."

"Okay... How bad is it at home for you to have to stay in a tree house?"

*** author's note***
Sorry if this was confusing to read but I wanted it to seem like you could follow along from what he thinks to himself and what they say rather than spell it out constantly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 93 29
COMPLETEDâś… Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
12 0 12
He's free unless he confessed. He is free unless we had real evidence against him. He is free to torcher me with his presence for the rest of my life...
503 34 32
Ripped away from the one person who ever truly cared about her, Katherine soon discovers how cruel the world could be. Katherine thought the idea of...
2K 121 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...