Serendipity

By TheERain

Hiku and Miku are the twin children of Takumi Usui, the current King of Seika. One statement will lead them t... More

Chapter 1 - Hiku & Miku
Chapter 2 - Dandelions
Chapter 3 - Amber Eyes
Chapter 4 - Mother
Chapter 5 - Pandora's Box
Chapter 6 - The Letter
Chapter 7 - The Savior
Chapter 8 - The Marriage
Chapter 9 - Project Queen
Chapter 10 - Story Time
Chapter 11 - The Past
Chapter 13 - Answers
Chapter 14 - The Surprise
Chapter 15 - The Reunion
Chapter 16 - Apologies
Chapter 17 - Tora Igarashi + More
Chapter 18 - Heros

Chapter 12 - Love Lock

278 15 12
By TheERain

May 20th, 2015

Okay, so first of all. I know I've been so unactive. But I actually check your reviews everyday! T_T I'm really really super sorry that I haven't posted up anything in a while. So I made this chapter extra long! (To be honest, I can't even remember what I wrote last chapter )

So, as you guys may or may not know, I'm still in 8th grade. And because I live in the United States, I am almost done with my school year (It ends the first friday of June.) So I have A LOT of finals at the moment. I have one every single day until the last day of school. So Please excuse me for not updating!

So... because I haven't posted in a long long time, I have A LOT of reviews. So, you can skip this part if you'd like. Unless you wrote a review for chapter 11, then look for your name below! The reviews literally took up 3 pages. BUT I REALLY LOVE READING/RESPONDING TO YOUR REVIEWS! SO KEEP WRITING!

ShannonJacob21: Don't be too sad! T_T You'll make me sad! Actually, I don't like sad endings, so I hope I don't make this a sad ending. I'm super unorganized at the moment. So while I'm writing, I don't try and map things out. The story just kind of writes itself in a way.

Neo Eodieseo Watneunji: Oh okay! I'm glad you liked the update xD And I hope your heart really doesn't stop. I want to keep reading your awesome reviews ! Also, again, I know I say this a lot, but I really mean it, I am soooooo sorry for such a late update!

Jui2014: Thanks for being so interested in the story c: I'm really happy that you're still reviewing! BTW, I have a little treat for you, so be sure to read my little note at the bottom of the story, okay?

Sugarandpepper: Hii! You're like a real detective! But I can't really tell you what happened until later, so be sure to read okay? xD I'll write you a little note in the chapter that explains what happens!

Ishita.d: I'm so happy that I have such an understanding reader like you T_T I seriously love you. I really really love reading your reviews! Ugh! You make me so happy sometimes! I'm glad I have you rambling tho (:

SNSDfan: Thank's for the welcome back! Haha, I hope she dodges it too! Btw, I'm a fellow SNSD fan too! Well, I guess I'm not like, a crazy fan, but I do admire their music ^^

Catherine342: Awhhh! Thanks so much Catherine! I was actually considering that she abandoned them, but Misa-chan wouldn't do that. And I don't like stories to be too sad. Keep reviewing c: I like to hear thoughts like this on the story!

Guest (El crítico español): No sé español. Pero Gracias por leer! Realmente lo aprecio! Me alegro de que te hizo curioso!

Kitkat: Okay, seriously, you're one of my most faithful reviewers. I've seen you review almost every single day, and I wish I could respond to you every single day QQ But because you're not a member, I can't really let you know that I'm working on the story! I really try to write as fast as I can! Thanks for waiting and reading my chapters! BTW, I'm not Hong kong or Hindustani. Keep guessing and you'll get a special prize :D My ancestors don't have their own country, it's kind of difficult to explain. Sorry You're the best Kitkat! I really didn't make fun of you either T_T I'm sorry if it seemed like I did!

Guest (The one that said "Update sooner please !" on April 30th): First of all, I'm really sorry. Like. Super sorry. I really didn't update sooner. It's almost been a full month since my last update T_T Thank you for sending me a review! I really appreciate it! I'm guessing you enjoy the story, because you say update sooner right?

Angel (The Guest): I know this is a superrrrr late response. But I can only respond to your reviews in the next updated chapter. So you'll have to wait for each update, unless you leave some way to respond to you (Email probably?). IF you do leave your email, I will not give it to anyone else, and I won't approve of your review (because your a guest) so no one else can see it! Thank's for reviewing Angel! :D

Kiara: First of all, I'm seriously happy that you read my bio! (: Only a few people read those, and mine is realllyyyyy boring! But uhm, I probably started reading manga at the age of 10? Because I'm 14 right now... so 4 years ago? Well, the first manga I read all the way was (The one and only) KAICHOU WA MAID-SAMA! Of courseee! I just couldn't believe that the anime ended. So I was like, you know what? I'm gonna read the manga! And that's how it all started ^^ BTW, thanks so much for your compliments! I feel really happy whenever I read them! Also, I can't tell you who Aoi Sorals is yet c: Jeez, this response is kind of long, I hope you don't mind! Keep reviewing, okay? Your english is good, I can understand everything you write c: And I'm not Hawaiian. Nice guess though! Uhm, if you'd like to send me your email, I can send you all of the mangas I'm currently reading (I won't use your email for anything else, and I won't give it to anyone! Also, I wont approve of your review, so others on don't see it!) I'm reading a lot, and I have a lot of favorites!

No . One . Special: I know exactly how you feel! EXACTLY. I know that I say this a lot, but seriously. When I write, I just want to skip everything and write the part where they meet. UGH! Why can't I rush my story to the end? T_T Also, I didn't add in any of those quotes, but I'll try to in the future. So look out for them, okay?

Anime lover: Thanks so much for your review! :D I hope to see more reviews from you in the future! I'm happy you like my story! Please give me some tips on how to make it better!

Luna-chi: I loveeeeeeeee reading your reviews. Your name is super cute too ^^ You're one of my precious reviewers, and I lovee the feedback you give me during each chapter! And I think I understand way some of the authors don't respond to each and every response. It takes me like 30-45 minutes to respond to everyone, and I just want to post up the chapter ASAP. But I love responding to reviews, it's my favorite part of writing :D I don't mean to make you wait like a dog waits for his/her treat T_T Sorry! Keep reviewing Luna-chi!

Guest (I lab lab your stories :*** Fighting Unnie): Thanks! :D Unnie is a happy unnie! I really appreciate your support! It makes me super happy that you're excited for this chapter~ I lab lab lab you! xoxoxoxo! Fighting!

Takumisa187: Hey hey heyyy! You're username is the name of Seika's Capital City ^^ Thanks for calling this story kawaii and good ! I really love that you use japanese terms, it makes me more excited! Haha, not really sure why, but it does! Even though you said to update as soon as possible, it'll still be kind of long. But after school ends, I'll update more ! Keep reviewing!

Hino: Omg, did you just call me master? T_T YOU'RE MY FAVORITE (But every reader who reads my story is my favorite too...) But I'm hardly a master... Haha... it sure feels good to be called one though! Thanks for reading, and here is the chapter 12 you were waiting for! Again, I'm super duper sorry it's so late!

AshGrey: I'm sorry T_T I probably almost gave you a month full of sleepless nights! After school ends, you won't have as much sleepless nights! Keep reviewing okay? I'll have sleepless nights if you don't review my next chapters :C

Guest (PLEASSE UPDATEE): Sorry! As I mentioned in almost every other response, I really try to write as fast as I can! But I have school... and finals... and after school activities! I hope you understand!

Titaniascarlet4444: NOOOOOOOOO! I DIDN'T STOP! I'M STILL WRITING QQ DON'T LEAVE! FRIEND! Noooooooo! I haven't quit! Also, I have to update my wattpad. I forgot. Haha... sorry my wattpad readers! But don't give up on me! I'm still writing! I hope you read this, and continue supporting my story!

Guest (update pleace...): Well, I updated :D I hope you read this chapter and send me another review! I'd love to hear your feedback!

Guest (Update sooner pls?! Or have U given up?): I haven't given up! It's just been super slow! Sorryyyyyy! Super duper sorry! I hope this long chapter is enough to make it up to you T_T

BoldnBright (Wattpad): I knowwwwwww! I wish they would meet !! Omg. Cannot wait for that to happen! I mean like. I hope it happens. -wink wink- Haha. I don't really know how I'm ending it, so we won't know if they'll be happy for sure :D Btw, thanks for reviewing ! Keep on reviewing on wattpad!

I also have this story on Wattpad! My name on Wattpad is " TheERain " . You can also find this story by searching "Serendipity"

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN KAICHOU WA MAID-SAMA, I ONLY OWN MY ORIGINAL CHARACTERS AND THE WRITING IN THIS STORY.

Love Lock

"Well, your mother," Usui paused and then the corners of his mouth lifted upwards to make a gentle smile on his face. His eyes were peering into two other pairs of emerald eyes. "She was something different."

"Misaki... right?" Miku put her hand on Usui's ring finger. "She's the one who wrote the book, right?"

Usui wasn't surprised at all. Of course his own children would've figured out that it was their mother. Usui was an extremely smart child at their age. Misaki was smart too, but of course, she was a little a bit on the slow side when it came to things like relationships. This made her even more cute. "She was. I loved her very much. She used to be a maid here at the palace."

"A maid...? But she was so prett-" Hiku stopped himself before he spilled the beans about Miku and him meeting their mother. "I mean, I'm sure she was a beautiful person. We do take after both our father and our mother."

"She was stunning. Not only her physical appearance was beautiful, but also her heart. She was the one person that I would've laid my life down for." Usui's gloomy mood was instantly gone, and he started beaming at his two angels. "But now I have you guys."

"Papa, why are you telling us now?" Hiku had a bad feeling about his dad's sudden decision to tell them about their mother.

Miku stared at her father, trying to read his face. But as usual, she couldn't.

"I'm going to get remarried."

...

It was late, and Misaki had just finished sorting out some of the books that were piled up on her coffee table. Now that Hiku and Miku came everyday to visit her, she was extremely busy. She suddenly felt lively again.

Misaki went to sit at her simple vanity. Ever since she got married to Takumi, she had gotten a little more lady-like. Her vanity was basically just a huge mirror that was connected to a white wooden desk. The desk had drawers on the left and right sides of it, which Misaki stored different things in. Misaki pulled a drawer on the left and took out her brush. She was brushing her hair in the mirror and thought about the past. She often did this, because she really had nothing else to think about. She remembered the day she left the palace. How she left a silly box with a letter in the floorboard of her room. Of course no one would find it. It'll just stay there forgotten, just like she was.

Misaki shook her head. She didn't want to end the day with such negative thoughts. From now on, she had decided to be more optimistic.

Misaki put the comb back in its drawer and then started rummaging through the bottom drawer on the right. There was a bunch of papers in there, mostly just junk. But then, at the very bottom of the pile, she found what she was searching for. It was a picture inside a picture frame.

"Oh, how I wish we could've gotten our happy ending." Misaki set the frame on top of her vanity. She then walked towards her window to look at the sky. The full moon seemed like it was directly shining into only her room. "I know you've moved on, but I haven't. I really don't think I ever will." Misaki started to quietly weep.

Inside the frame was her wedding picture. The same exact one that Miku and Hiku had found in the box.

...

"What?!" Both children exclaimed at their father. Now, they were fully awake. They couldn't believe what their father had just said.

"I'm getting remarried. For the sake of both you two, and Seika."

"R-r-remarried. As in... getting married, again?" Miku sputtered out.

"L-l-like. Marrying another woman?" Hiku added.

"Exactly. I thought I'd tell you before the announcement was made. You two should get some shuteye." Usui tucked the twins in once again. "Tomorrow, it's going to be a busy day. For me, and you guys. Goodnight sweethearts." He left before the twins could say anything else.

Usui closed the door of the room. Slumped against the door, he squeezed his eyes shut. "This is hard for me too." Usui then looked into the full moon through the window that was directly across the door. "Hey Misaki... this is for the best right? Even though I know it's the best option for everyone. It still hurts, y'know?" He clutched his chest with his right hand as a tear dropped from the corner of his eye. "You're the only one I'll ever love." Usui sighed, and then had to practically drag his body to the lifeless, dreary bedroom that he'll soon share with another woman. "No matter where you are, I won't be very far. Cause love has no distance. Not when it comes to you and I."

...

Hiku and Miku dreaded waking up from their sleep. They hoped that the entire scene last night was just a dream. That their father wasn't getting married.

"He can't get married!" Hiku exclaimed.

"Mama's still alive," Miku added.

Both kids couldn't think of having another mother. Did their dad really move on? Was he ready to forget about their mom? Their biological mother? The one woman who he loved his entire life? Well, the woman who he planned to love his entire life.

"We have to tell her." Miku pondered. Her eyes darted across the floor as she was thinking things through in her head. It was almost like she was reading the floor.

Both twins still weren't dressed. And they weren't going to be dressed for a while more. Their entire plan was thrown off, now that their father was getting married. This couldn't be happening. They were supposed to get their father to meet their mother. They were going to finally have a complete family. A normal life. Their normal life.

"We can't tell her. It's too soon. What if she freaks out and leaves again?" Hiku was also thinking hard. His eyes were also glued to the floor. However, he tapped the tips of his fingers rapidly on the bed. But then he stopped. His gaze adverted from the floor, and fell on his sister. "Remember what Aunt Suzuna said? There's reason behind every action. If we figure out the 'why', then maybe we have a chance of her coming back!"

The twins both jumped out of bed and raced to the bathroom to get ready. They had slipped the outfits that Misaki had bought them into a bag. If they were going to find out why she left, they couldn't be snooping around in such nice clothes. People might recognize them. However, they couldn't wear the clothes to the Takumisa either. The maids in the halls and the chauffeur would see the outfit, and then tell their father. In the end, they decided to pack the clothes, and then change once they got to Takumisa.

Miku gulped. "So we won't be back for a few days, huh?"

"Yea... we should probably leave a note for daddy." Hiku grabbed his younger sister's hand. "It's okay. This is for dad and mom. No. This is for the sake of our family."

...

Once they arrived to Takumisa, the twins ran to the nearest building to change in its bathroom. Before they left the castle, they took two whole bags of gold, which was sufficient for the few days they'd be on their own. They were pretty much set for their little journey. Both twins were like superhumans. They were able to convince people, to break the limits of a mere human, and were just super smart. Hiku was especially good at physical combat. He'd be able to protect his sister from almost everything.

Hiku wore a plain red T-Shirt and khakis. Miku on the other hand, wore jean shorts, and a purple tank top. Both twins wore sandals that were obviously not made of the best quality leather. Anyone could tell that their entire outfit was bought from a second-rate store.

After the twins changed, they walked around the city. Admiring parts they hadn't even seen yet. They walked along the cobblestone pathway and looked at the shops that were on the streets. They stopped at a store that was called 'Wigged.'

"Wiggled?" Miku read aloud.

"Wiged? Like rigged?" Hiku said.

A woman behind them chuckled. The chuckle was gentle, and very feminine. It was almost like an angel's chuckle. "It's Wig - ed. Like Wicked." The female explained.

Both twins spun around to see a beautiful woman standing in front of them. She looked like she was around her early 30s. The woman had straight long, silky black hair that fell a little past her hips. Her eyes were a bright hue of blue. Brighter than the sky itself. It twinkled as it laid eyes on both twins. She wore a blue striped maxi dress and a tan floppy hat with a black bow tied around its rim.

"Wigged specializes in selling wigs, however, we sell a variety of things. You can find things from clothes, to eye color contacts, to makeup, to books. We have just about everything you'd need." The woman outstretched her hand towards them. "Hello, I'm Elizabeth, owner of Wigged. How do you do?"

Hiku stepped slightly in front of Miku. Now that they were alone, he had to protect his sister. He wouldn't be able to take it if she got hurt because he let his guard down. He glared at the woman named Elizabeth.

The woman had quite a different reaction than others would have. Her eyes opened wide, and then she softly chuckled. She put her hands up in front of her. "Hey, I don't bite. But," She shot a look at their bags, "if you two are running away, wouldn't it be easier to hide if you had less noticeable hair?"

"She's right," Miku whispered to her brother.

Hiku glanced back at his sister, and then back to Elizabeth. "Fine," he muttered.

The inside of the store was kind of odd. There were heads on every surface with a wig on. It was as if they were being watched. The store was pretty much dark. All windows had a red velvet curtain, that was more than long enough for the window. The extra fabric just piled up at the hardwood floor.

"Hmmm..." Elizabeth was pondering through a book. "I can't put my finger on what color of hair I should give you two. It seems like you guys would match any color. Do you have a preference?"

"Black," Miku immediately answered. "Black... it's less noticeable. A-and, our mother has black hair. So it would only make sense if we... if we were buying a wig."

Elizabeth gave Miku a gentle smile. The corners of both her mouth and her eyes just slightly went up. "Black it is." Elizabeth started to flip page after page of the book. "Hmm... Black...black..."

"Uhm, isn't it in the back of the book? I mean, there's a tab sticking out of the book that says black hair." Hiku pointed out.

"Ahh, you're right." Elizabeth laughed and basically facepalmed herself. "I'm sorry. I was the one who made the book, and I'm the one who keeps forgetting. You see, I was never a smart person. Thank goodness my husband was." She rambled on until she reached the back of the book. "Hmmm... Let's give you," she pointed to Hiku, "LC937. And then," she flipped a few pages again. "let's give you," she pointed to Miku, "KR526."

After she told them what she was getting them, she ran through the aisles of her small store. "Hmmm... It should be here somewhere." She rummaged through a shelf of wigs. "Ah, here it is." She placed the wig on Hiku's head. "Now, what was your number again?"

"KR526," Miku replied.

"Ah, right right." She paced through the aisles once again. "KR... I know I put it somewhere here."

Miku giggled at Hiku's wig. It was obviously put on the wrong way. The wig was a black bowl-cut that was completely covering his face. "I think you have it a little off."

"You don't say," Hiku gave Miku a dumbfounded look and started to fix his wig.

The children were interrupted by Elizabeth. "Yes! I found it!" She handed Miku a silky black wig that was a short bob. "Now you're set!"

"Thank you Elizabeth," Hiku took out the bag of coins.

"No no! This is on the house! Just remember to come visit me." She beamed at them. "It gets a bit lonely here. I only have one faithful customer who doesn't even visit me as often as he used to." She pouted. "I'll take your company as payment."

"Thank you Elizabeth!" Miku innocently smiled back at the woman, and gave her a nice warm hug.

After fixing their wigs, with the help of Elizabeth, the two twins were ready to go. They had a few more tasks to finish. One included finding a place to stay. If they waited too long, they'd waste the few days they had to find about the past.

"Bye Elizabeth! Thanks again!" Hiku and Miku yelled, while running backwards from the store.

Elizabeth stood at the door of her store and waved back to the black haired twins that still stood out, despite their wigs. "Bye bye Hiku! Bye bye Miku!"

After a few minutes of running, Miku gave a confused look to her brother.

"What's wrong?" Hiku inquired.

"Uhm," Miku shook her head. "Nevermind. I probably just forgot about something."

...

After walking for a few minutes, the twins finally turned on Ayusui Boulevard. They looked down the cobblestone street and saw the store they were looking for. Akimi Bookstore. There it was, sitting on the corner of the street, just as it was when they had left. Although it was all there, something was different.

Miku knocked on the door, while Hiku was trying to look through the windows of the store.

"I think Mommy's out." Miku looked at her brother who was staring into the darkness of the building.

"Yea... I guess we should go look around, and then we can come back."

"We can go find somewhere to stay, and then we'll just leave our bags there. They make us stand out, so we should try and blend in with the crowds as best as we can."

Just like that, the two children who seemed to have black hair now were off again. This time, to find a place they could stay for the few nights they'd be away from home.

...

Misaki walked out of her house/bookstore and shielded her eyes with the back of her hand. Today's so nice, maybe I'll go visit the outdoor marketplace, she thought.

Each month, Misaki picked one day to relax. Today was one of those days. She decided that she'd wait a bit for the twins, because they'd usually come visit her. But after a few hours, they didn't show up. They're probably busy. After all, days like these should be spent as a family. It'd be nice if they were out on a picnic with their parents. Misaki subconsciously smiled. Ever since she met the twins, her days have become more meaningful. It was almost as if they were her own children. But they aren't. They're someone else's children. I am not even related to them. Misaki shook her head. How stupid of me. I can't believe I called them my own children. Lost inside her own thoughts, Misaki finally realized she had made it to the outdoor marketplace.

The outdoor market place had a bunch of shops. There were shops that sold clothes, shops that sold food, shops that sold ingredients. You could probably find anything there. It was also huge. Outdoor marketplaces like these were put in place by the King to help people make livelihoods and get access to cheaper goods.

All of sudden, trumpets went off.

Misaki panicked. She had to get away from the trumpets as soon as possible. She couldn't risk being seen by anyone. She started to run through the crowd who were walking towards the trumpets. She was like a fish who was trying to swim up the current of a river.

Luckily, being Misaki, she made it through. She made it out of there before she could see or hear anything else. Before anyone could see her. Not now, not ever.

...

Hiku and Miku were just wandering the streets, still looking for a hotel or something, when they heard trumpets. Pretty soon, the people walking around them were directing them towards the trumpet sounds. It was like steel shavings with magnets. Everyone was crowded around a large and tall podium. The podium had some kind a crest on it. A crest the Hiku and Miku grew up knowing. The crest engraved on their rings. The Crest of the Royal Family.

The man standing on the podium was also someone they had known very well. It was Yukimura. Standing next to him, was Kanou. It was a good thing that there was such a big crowd. There was no way that Hiku and Miku would get spotted out.

"Ahem," Yukimura cleared his throat, and everyone went silent. It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. "L-ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls. Today, I bring a message from the Royal Highness, King Takumi." Yukimura stuttered at parts, but it was all ignored. Everyone was interested in what he was going to say. Yukimura pulled out a scroll from his jacket, and read from it. "Dear my lovely citizens of Takumisa, Seika. As you all know, I am without Queen. For when the late queen passed on, a part of me also passed on. However, for the greater good of Seika, I have decided to remarry."

The crowd started cheering loudly. It was so loud, that you'd probably be able to hear it from the castle.

However, Hiku and Miku just stood in the crowd, emotionless. Now it's public. Now there was no stopping it. They'd get a new mother, whether they liked it or not. It was too late now.

"Settle down! Settle down!" Kanou boomed throughout the crowd's cheers.

"For this sake," Yukimura continued. "I will be holding a masquerade ball in exactly 3 moons from now to find the most suitable woman in Seika to become not only my wife, but Queen. I invite all citizens of Seika. Male and female. Adults and children. I do hope to see many of you there and apologize for such a late invitation. Best regards, Takumi Usui." Yukimura rolled the scroll back up, and put it where he had got it. Kanou and him walked back to the car, and drove off as the crowd roared.

"You know what this means," Hiku looked at his younger sister.

"We're only left with one choice to save our family."

...

Misaki had run into one of the many parks of Takumisa. The park she was in was called, 'Shiroibara Park,' which meant white roses. It was probably because the park was decorated in white roses. There was a maze with white roses growing on the hedges. There were white roses that grew around the lampposts. There was even a small lake and stream. The stream went around the maze, and then connected to the lake. So in order to get to the maze, you had to cross over a beautiful bridge. It was really breathtaking, and it always smelled nice there. None of the roses were a different color. In fact, it was illegal to change the color of those roses. Many people know the park as, "Shiroi Tengoku," or 'White Heaven.' It was truly beautiful. And it was usually very quiet and calm there. Even though many people visit, you'd still be able to hear the chirps of birds and the

Misaki was starting to reminisce about the past again. She had remembered the day Usui had made the park.

7 Years From the Present - Usui and Misaki are 17 years old:

"Don't you dare peak," Usui was covering Misaki's eyes with one hand. At the same time, he guided her forward. "If you do, I'll have to punish you Misa-chan."

Even though Misaki's eyes were covered, she knew he was smirking. Even though she didn't even see the perverted alien, she still blushed. "Stupid..." She unconsciously grabbed the hand he wasn't using for stability.

Usui, surprised at her action, started blushing. Ahhh, good thing she can't see me right now, he thought. After a moment, he interlaced their fingers and smiled. "You're so sly Ayuzawa."

Misaki, realizing her bold action, started to blush even more. "Wah- Uh- Nnn-," Misaki stuttered. She didn't know what to say, because she was the person who initiated it. I guess it's fine for just today, she thought. Ugh! If you beat any louder, Usui will hear with his alien senses, Misaki mentally said to her heart.

"Misa-chann?" Usui moved his hand in Misaki's face. Her eyes were still closed, even though he took his hand off. "Hello?" Misaki didn't notice all of this, because she was so lost in her thoughts. "Were you busy thinking about me?" Usui smirked at her.

"N-n-no..." Misaki tried to convince Usui. But even she wasn't believing her lie.

Usui chuckled. "Anyways, happy birthday Misaki!" He gestured to the place in front of them.

It was a park. The park had white flowers everywhere. It practically grew on everything in the park. The roses grew on benches, on bushes, there were even some that grew on the bridge. Instead of lotus, there were white roses floating in the water.

To say that Misaki was surprised would be the understatement of the century. Her mouth was basically dropped to the ground. Her eyes were so widely open, it could compare to the size of the sun. "Usui... " Misaki was once again speechless. "You... I... Thank you."

"Anything for my Misa-chan." Usui smiled at her and squeezed their interlaced hands. "The white roses in this park mean 'I'm thinking of you.' So as long as this park stands, which will be forever, now that it's a national park, I'll be thinking of you." Usui led her to the middle of the bridge and held her hands.

At this time, it was when the sun was setting. The sky was painted in red and orange. Even in the redish-orange light, the white roses were still beaming white, like the moon in the night sky.

Misaki didn't say anything. She just buried her head in his chest, while she was in his warm embrace. The two were surrounded by silence, until Misaki finally spoke.

"Why must it be you? I don't get it at all," she started.

"Wha-"

"You're a perverted alien who bothers me all the time. You like to tease me every chance you get."

Usui was speechless at what she was saying. "Mis-"

"It's your fault." She rambled on.

"Misaki, calm down."

"If it weren't for you, I would've lived a normal life. I wouldn't be feeling all these different things. My heart wouldn't be pounding out of my chest so often. I wouldn't get butterflies in my stomach every time I hear your voice. And to make matters worse, you're my master. I know I'm not supposed to feel like this. But I do. The truth is that I've liked you for a long time now!" Misaki practically yelled at him. But the moment she yelled this, she covered her mouth. Now there's no going back. He's going to reject me, and I'm never going to see him again. "Why is it you? Why? Whenever you leave, my heart clenches. It feels like I can't breathe. But whenever you smile at me- your charming smile- my insides twist around each other like a knot. And my brain isn't able to think straight. The rest of the day, I'm only able to think about you."

Misaki turned to run away from him, like actresses do in movies. But Usui, being Usui, grabbed her arm before she could even get one foot away from him. He tugged on her arm, and she fell backwards towards him.

"You're really cruel, Misaki." Usui interlaced their fingers once again. "Just how much more are you going to make me endure? Everyday, you come into my life and show me just how meaningful one smile can be. Just knowing that you'll come visit me gives me the strength to continue living who I am. The reason why I tease you, is because I love every expression you have. I want to know more of you. It bugs me to think that others have seen an expression from you that I haven't seen. But your sudden expressions make my heart race so fast, that it's inhuman. Even now..."

Usui cupped both of her rosey cheeks. His eyes just poured into her amber orbs. He adjusted his line of sight on her lips. When his eyes fell upon her lips, he subconsciously bit his lip. Misaki watched him do this, and felt her breathing get harder and harder. Usui took a step closer towards Misaki, eyes still locked on her lips. His face got closer and closer until they were kissing. It was their first kiss to be exact. The feeling of his mouth on hers was the best feeling in the entire world. Their lips fit together like two pieces to a jigsaw puzzle. The moment his lips fell onto hers, electricity shot through her body. Her legs instantly felt like jelly, and she was about to fall, when Usui caught her.

"Will you let me have the honor of being your boyfriend?"

"Of course," Misaki hit Usui on his chest. Due to her sudden loss of strength from the kiss, it didn't hurt at all. But all of a sudden, Misaki felt something hard. It was from the bottom half of Usui. She gasped loudly, knowing what it probably was. Misaki blushed even more, although it's probably not possible to be even more flushed than it already was, and pushed him away from her.

"Ahhh, sorry. It was pushed against you right? And it's pretty hard. Are you okay?"

"Y-y-y-y-y-y-y-you sick pervert!" Misaki screamed at his face.

"What?" He pulled out a lock from his pocket and showed Misaki. "Carrying a lock around makes me a pervert now?"

Misaki leaned against the railing of the bridge and put her hand on her heart. Her face was now somewhat relieved. "Ohh, I thought it was something else-," Misaki stopped right after she said that, knowing she'd be teased now.

"Something else?" Usui pretended to be confused. Which was almost as bad as Misaki lying. "What did you think it was Misa-chan?" Usui smirked. "Don't tell me." He gasped. "Did you think it was... that?"

Misaki facepalmed herself. Now she was the pervert. Great. If the conversation keeps going, it's going to put me in a bad spot. "Uhhh... so, why do you have that lock?" Good Misaki! Change the topic, Misaki mentally patted herself on the back.

Usui gave Misaki the I-guess-I'll-let-you-go-this-time-look. "Oh, I almost forgot about this." He beamed at Misaki, and then unlocked the lock. "I'm going to lock the lock onto this bridge and then throw my key into the stream. It's a symbol of my eternal love for you. I will never love another woman like how the lock will never be unlocked again. I'll also forever be by your side, just like how the lock will stay on this bridge forever. So if you ever feel sad, just come here and look for our love lock."

...

Present:

Now the bridge has thousands of locks on it. Someone spread an urban myth that if you and your lover leave your 'love lock' on the bridge, you guys will be with each other forever.

Misaki stared at all of the different locks on the bridge. I guess that myth is fake. It didn't work for us, did it? Misaki started to sort through the locks, looking for Usui and Hers. Of course it wasn't there anymore. He probably had it taken off. She sighed, and then leaned against the railing of the bridge to look at the little stream under it. She stared at her reflection for what seemed like hours. Thinking... thinking about everything. About Usui, about her friends, about the world itself. She kept getting more and more lost in her thoughts when she saw the back of two kids at the edge of the stream. She immediately ran towards them.

"What are you two doing here?" She brought them into a big hug.

"How'd you know it was us mommy?" Miku questioned.

"Of course I'd know. After all, I am your 'mommy'."

"Right," Hiku beamed at her. "How are you mommy? What were you doing on the bridge?"

"Oh, just looking for some old thing. But I couldn't find it, it's probably not there anyways. How was your day?"

"Ahh..." Miku paused and looked at her brother. "W-we're actually looking for a place to stay right now."

"Our Papa is away on a business trip, and we got separated from our... uhm... supervisor."

"Oh..." Misaki just looked straight into their amber eyes. If she had kept looking at them, they would've confessed the truth to her. But she sensed that she shouldn't ask any more than that. "You can stay with me, if you'd like."

The two kids' face lit up. "Would you really let us?"

"Of course," she ruffled both of their black wigs. "Anything for my two angels."

"Actually, Miku and I have something to do. Can we meet you back home later?"

"Okay," Misaki was reluctant to let the two children go off on their own again. She took out a card from her purse. "If you guys need anything, have someone give me a call. This is the bookstore's business card."

"Thanks Mama," Miku took the business card and put it into the pocket of her jean shorts.

The twins walked up to Misaki to give her a hug and a slight peck. And then they were off.

"Be safe!" She yelled to them. "I'm glad you wore the clothes I bought you," she whispered to herself, and then turned the opposite way to go back to her home.

...

"What are we even going to do now?" Hiku asked her sister. "Now that we found a place to say, aren't we good?"

"Yea... but didn't you see what she was doing? She was over there looking for something," Miku gestured back towards the bridge. "Don't you know what that is?"

"Uhhh... a bridge..." It turned out to be more of a questioning tone than a statement.

"Not just any bridge! Hiku!" Miku exclaimed. "It's the bridge! The bridge of love! Don't you know? If you lock your 'love lock' onto that bridge, you and your lover will be together forever! When I get married, my husband and I will for sure, for sure, lock our love lock onto that bridge."

Hiku was more clueless when it came to things like love. He guessed that he probably got it from his mother. He was a smooth talker, but when it came to romantic things like the love locks, his sister was definitely the expert. "Well, what does that mean? She was looking for... her love lock with daddy!" Hiku's lightbulb finally lit up.

"Exactly!"

The kids raced to the bridge and started to look for the love lock that belonged to their parents.

...

One hour later:

It was sunset. Many people in the park watched with an unwavering gaze, as a fiery red orb of light slowly sank beneath the horizon, and threads of light lingered in the sky, mingling with the rolling clouds, dying the heavens first orange, then red, then dark blue. A certain pink haired person was not only watching the sunset, but also the two suspicious children on the bridge.

"Hey Shizuko," the pink haired person said to a black haired woman sitting next to her. "Those kids have been there since we got here. I think we should go check on them. Maybe they're lost."

"Yea," the black haired woman agreed. "If they're lost, we can bring them to the police station, or even their own home."

The two women walked towards the bridge, which wasn't very far from the bench they sat on.

"Good evening," the pink haired person said to the twins.

Hiku and Miku just stared at them, as if determining if they were safe to talk to or not. Hiku, being Hiku, once again stood in front of his sister. He glared at the two women standing in front of him. One had pink hair tucked into a bun, whereas the other had her black hair down, it stopped just above her waistline.

"Ah," the black haired girl put her hands up. "We don't have any bad intentions." She smiled back to the twins.

Miku tugged on Hiku's shirt, which meant 'I think they're okay.'

"We were just wondering what you two were doing for so long on the bridge, are you guys lost?" The pink haired woman smiled to them.

"No, we're looking for something." Hiku responded, with no emotion.

"Did you guys lose it here?" The black haired girl asked.

"No, we're looking for our parent's love lock," Miku smiled back at them, finally deciding they were genuinely good people who were worried about them.

"Ah, do you need help? We can help, we have kids right about your age who are here too." The black haired woman explained. "Kai! Hana-chan!" The woman yelled towards two children.

The other children, Kaito and Hana, ran towards the twins.

Kaito had teal hair and black eyes. He was just a bit shorter than Hiku, and had bangs that covered part of his face. Her also wore a small pair of glasses.

Hana had pink hair and reddish brown eyes. She was also shorter than Hiku, but taller than Miku. She had her hair up into two pigtails.

"Oh, how rude of us, we haven't even introduced ourselves," the black haired girl blurt out. "Hi, I'm Shizuko Yabu. This here," she gestured to the boy, "is my son, Kaito Yabu."

Kaito bowed to the twins, "Nice to meet you, I'm Kaito Yabu. You can call me Kai."

"I'm Sakura Kuuga," The pink haired lady explained. "And this is my daughter, Hana Kuuga."

Hana crossed her legs and did a little plie, "Hello, I'm Hana."

The twins outstretched their arms towards the two other children.

"Hello, I'm Miku."

"Hello, I'm Hiku."

"We're actually twins," Miku explained. "At the moment, we're looking for our parent's love lock." She smiled to the boy standing in front of him. This made him kind of blush. Kai wondered why he felt embarrassed at her smile. Hana always smiled to him, but he never felt this nervous before.

"You guys can help us, if you'd like." Hiku added. He grabbed Hana's hand, and kissed it. He saw other guys to do a lot. So it must be the way guys greet girls, right? Hana of course blushed at this gesture. No one had done that to her before, and it made her breathing become a bit harder.

The mothers of the children giggled at how polite the two twins were. They noticed that their own children had never seen any other child their age do that before. And they were both had pretty flushed faces.

"So what's your parent's names? We can help, that way you guys can go home earlier. After all, 6 heads are better than 2 right?" Sakura started looking at the locks hanging by her.

"We're actually not sure." Miku smiled.

Everyone gave a funny look at the twins. They were looking for a lock that they didn't even know looked like.

"But it will have something that stands out. I guarantee you. It'll be different from all the other locks, and you'll know it's different. Our father wasn't a type of person to get a boring old lock." Hiku kept looking through locks as he explained this to the others.

"Well, Shizuko and I are going to go get you guys some snacks. You two must be tired." Sakura and Shizuko started walking towards a food truck on the street.

"Ah!" Both children grabbed onto the same lock at the same time. It was a bit bigger than all of the other locks. It was also shaped in a heart, which differed from all the other yellow-colored square locks on the bridge.

"We found it!" Both children exclaimed.

The others crowded around the twins to see the precious lock they had been looking for.

"Wow, it's heart shaped," Kai pointed out.

"It even has little crystals on the border of the heart," Hana said.

"Oh, those are diamonds. Daddy seems to like diamonds, huh Hiku?" Miku turned to Hiku.

"Yea, he must. Almost all of the things he gives mommy has diamonds, or emeralds, or amber gems." Hiku chuckled. "He must be one of those people who like to give jewels that have meaning."

The lock itself had another small heart in the middle of it that had something inscribed in it. It was actually amber gems that were sculpted to write 'Misaki.' Under that was 'Takumi' inscribed with emerald gem.

"Yup, this is definitely Mama and Papa's." Miku felt the little gems in the lock. It didn't seem old at all, even though it was buried underneath lots of other locks.

"Have you guys found it?" Sakura and Shizuko were now back with lots of food.

"Yea, we found our parent's love lock," Hiku beamed at them.

Sakura and Shizuko walked closer towards the twins and looked at the lock.

Sakura gasped, and then covered her mouth. Doing this caused her to drop the food she just bought. But Miku, being raised by Usui, was able to catch it before it fell to the ground.

"You almost dropped your food. Are you okay Auntie Sakura?"

"Uhh... yea... sorry... Uhm. I-I-I just remembered that I forgot to get...drinks." She stuttered. "S-S-Shizuko, s-shall we go back and get some?"

"Actually, you guys just got back, why don't you two stay here and rest? We'll go get it." Hiku gestured for the other children to go with him.

Once the kids were gone, Sakura sank to the ground. Her legs had no strength. Shizuko on the other hand, was examining the lock. "This is definitely Misaki and Takumi's. It looks exactly like something Takumi would make for her. Don't you remember how her wedding ring was like? The two gems that infused together."

"B-b-but that's not possible. Misaki didn't have children. A-and even if she did, there's only supposed to be one heir to the throne. Takumi had one child. Not twins."

"Well... maybe they just have the wrong people..." Shizuko tried to convince both of them that they hadn't just found Takumi's child- No. It would be children.

"Y-yea... they didn't even know what the lock would look like."

"But you have to admit, they do look like Misaki and Takumi."

"They do... but the heir has blonde hair, right?" Sakura asked.

"Oh, you're right. Then we have the wrong people."

Both adults just stood there nervously laughing even when the children came back with the drinks.

After everyone finished eating, it was dark. The once salmon and purple sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black that engulfed the town. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the ocean of blackness. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but there was an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark, moonless night. The lake glistened, mirroring the dazzling assemblage of glittering stars and the luminescence from the restaurants and designer boutiques that lined the streets of the park.

"It's really late, why don't we drop you two off at your home," Shizuko offered.

"Ahhh, right! Mommy's waiting for us." Hiku exclaimed.

"She must be worried sick," Sakura chimed in. "Would you like to call her? There's a phone booth close by."

"Yea... she gave us her number just in case this happened." Miku took out the business card out of her pocket.

Everyone started to walk towards the red phone booth that was lit by a lamp post covered in white roses.

When they got to the phone booth, only Hiku and Miku stepped inside because it wouldn't have fit all of them. Hiku punched in the number, and put the phone between both of them.

Rrrring. Rrrring. Rrrring. Katcha.

"Hello?" Misaki answered.

"Mama?" Miku yelled into the phone.

"Ahh, I can hear you just fine Miku, you don't need to yell."

"Sorry," Miku apologized.

"Sorry we're calling so late. Two nice women offered to take us home. They had two kids who were our age, and they helped us find something today." Hiku explained.

"Oh, it's fine. I was just a bit worried that you two weren't home yet. Why don't you bring them back with you? I'd like to thank them."

"Okay! We'll come home as soon as possible Mommy!" Miku exclaimed.

"Bye! Be safe."

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Hiku and Miku stepped out of the phone booth.

"Our mother would like you guys to come home with us, so she can thank you," Hiku informed.

"Oh, that's fine." Shizuko started rummaging through her purse. "Do you two by any chance know where you live? I seem to have forgotten my map."

"Oh yea, we'll lead the way," Miku started marching in front of everyone, showing them the way.

After about 10 minutes of walking, they finally reached the shop. Hiku and Miku went up to the door and knocked three times.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Creeeaaakk.

The door of the bookstore creaked open, and Misaki automatically bowed in front of everyone outside. "Welcome, thank you for bringing my kids ho..." She stopped to look at who she was thanking. To say that her eyes were open wide would be wrong. It was bigger that that. "ho...me..."

"M-M-Mi-Misaki?" Sakura and Shizuko muttered.

I hope you guys liked this chapter!

Btw, for my first reviewer (on fanfiction & wattpad)/person who guesses my ethnicity/others who i decide to give prizes to, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR EMAIL OR SOMETHING SO THAT I CAN GIVE YOU A PRIZE. I have decided that you guys get to read the last chapter of the series 1 week before I post it for everyone else to read! (You can either get the last chapter of the series 1 week before, or you can pick any chapter, just let me know in advance!)

This goes for my 100th reviewer too! I'm currently at 98 reviews, so based on the reviewer's time. (Because users get their review in before guests do, it wouldn't be fair. So whoever's the second fastest reviewer will get it!)

GUEST REVIEWERS! YOUR REVIEW WILL NOT COUNT UNLESS YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME IN IT, AND THEN SEND ME ANOTHER REVIEW (WITH THE SAME NAME) THAT HAS YOUR EMAIL IN IT!

Oh, I also have a mistake in Chapters 1-11, it has something to do with numbers. Whoever guesses it first, also gets the last chapter of the series

Thanks everyone! Read and Review!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 6.5K 27
Every girl and boy knows of the Hitachiin twins, but unknown to some, is that there is another pair of twins pushed to the side because of the adorat...
162K 5.2K 13
y/n smirks and looks at her friend, "let's see how long it takes to make the hot ushijima blush" "ushijima! put a ring on my finger!" "no" "give me l...
18.4K 395 13
Muichiro Tokito x Reader- School AU!!!! Agh Im so excited to be doing this. Anyways, heres a preview of whats to come: Y/n Kamado is Tanjiro and Nezu...
667K 20.7K 74
๏ธ๏ธโญ๏ธ1st Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 love stories [for canon/OC pairing] Categoryโญ๏ธ "The crystal is clear and no one notices it, but when it fi...