A Marriage Contract

By sequinedsmile

Vincent Chae, CEO of The Chae Foundation and a single father, faces a dire situation. He must marry quickly t... More

Characters
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
House
Chapter 5- Part 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Message
Chapter 46
Announcement+Upcoming Books
Chapter 47
THE NEW BOOK RELEASE🥳

Chapter 17

2.5K 76 1
By sequinedsmile

Eliza's POV-

Miles and Roman stood behind us but there was no sign of Archer. Miles's gaze was fixed at something behind me. I followed his gaze and found him staring a woman who had just entered. She was wearing a simple black gown with white and red pattern on it.

She had a solemn smile on her face as she walked towards us.

"Do Hyeok!" She called out. Vincent turned towards her and to my surprise he actually looked happy to see her. Not that he had a smile or something on his face because god forbid if something like that happened the whole world would crash. His face was visibly cooler than before and his eyes didn't have the irritation from before.

She came forward and hugged him. I didn't know he had the capability of hugging anyone except the kids.

"Who invited the wicked witch of the west to a children's party?" Miles said. The woman pulled back with a petty expression on her face and said,

"If the children can handle a horrid grim reaper like you, they can definitely handle a witch."

"I beg differ, if you had the time to see any series the grip reaper is one of the most handsome person." Miles argued.

"If I had the brain size of peanut like you then I'd waste it on things like watching worthless series. I rely on facts." She rolled her eyes.

"That is the reason why you are so boring." Miles said. There was a sense of familiarity and comfort in that argument. Their banter was cute, if you ask me.

"April, I want you meet someone," Vincent interrupted the fight, "This is my wife, Eliza Chae." April's head whipped in Vincent's direction, then she opened and closed her mouth like a fish.

"What? How? When? How is that even possible?" She was shocked and when I say shocked I mean jaw on the floor, eyes wide as saucers. She turned to me.

"Are you okay? Did he hypnotize you or something?"

"No." I said awkwardly.

"So you willingly married him?" She pointed at Vincent and emphasized the word him. I nodded. "This is fucking miracle."

"I haven't even introduced myself. Hi, I am April Graham. I am a defense attorney." She extended her hand forth.

"Eliza Ah- I mean Eliza Chae." I corrected myself and shook her hand.

"April's also known as KitKat because she needs to take a fucking break." Miles added.

"Shut it, Bates." April glared at him. Miles grinned at her.

"Will you two cut it out for once? You know, this was entertaining at first but now this straight out irritating." Roman said.

"Hello to you too, Roman." April said.

"Auntie April! You're here!" Lily's voice came from behind Vincent.

"Ofcourse I did. I wouldn't've have missed my favourite princess's birthday for the world." April bent down and hugged Lily. April let go Lily and removed a rectangular box wrapped in blue wrapping paper from her handbag. "I've got you a gift." She said.

"Really? What is it?" Lily asked.

"Open it and find out." April handed it to Lily who tore open the wrapping in a moment. Lily opened the box and there were round gemstones that resembled the planets of the solar system.

"These are awesome." Lily said in awe of them. My phone buzzed in my purse. I took it out. There was message from the party planner the the cake was ready. I turned to Vincent and showed him that message. He leaned forward and whispered in my ear,

"You bring the cake out, I'll get everybody ready at the centre table."

I nodded and went to the adjoined kitchen to the hall. There was a huge cake with a space design and constellations on it. There was a golden moon topper on it.

"Oh my god!" I groaned.

The cake was so huge I didn't know how the hell it was even standing. Especially with the golden dome cake in between the tiers. This cake was five tiered cake with a dome cake between its tiers and it was the almost the size of my upper torso. It was standing on a golden cake plate which itself looked so fancy it was as if it was straight out of a royal kitchen. There were cupcakes around the cake which had Lily's name on them with candles.

If there was one thing I didn't do during the planning was choose the cake because Vincent insisted that he was the who'll do it but I regrated that because this huge of a cake for a kid's birthday party was just absurd. There was line between being rich and being insane and Vincent definitely crossed that line.

"Ma'am where should we carry it out?" A staff member asked.

"Please follow me." I said. During the short five minute walk from the kitchen to the centre table I kept my focus on that cake afraid it'll fall with the slightest change in direction of the cake cart.

Everybody was already gathered around the centre table. Lily's eyes lit up when she saw the cake. There were many 'wows' from the crowd.

The cake cart stopped in front of Lily. Vincent was standing beside her while carrying Jameson with him. The staff lit the candles. I stood beside the brothers and April. I had my phone out to record the moment.

"Ready Yu Eun?" Vincent asked.

Lily nodded enthusiastically. Vincent picked up the knife and all of us started singing happy birthday to her when she said,

"Wait!"

Everyone around came to an abrupt stop and looked confused because of the sudden rebellion from the birthday girl herself. She walked away from the cake and in my direction. She stopped in front of me. I was just a confused as everyone else.

"Eliza," She tugged at my dress.

I knelt down to her level and asked, "Yes, sweetheart?"

"Could you cut the cake with me? I want my Appa and my mommy with me." She said ever so innocently not knowing the effect it had on my heart and soul. Her face was nervous like she expected me to say no. My eyes glistened but I blinked away the tears. I placed a hand on her cheek brushing away the stray stands of her hair.

"Ofcourse, baby. I will do anything for you." I kissed her cheek.

She gave me one of the sweetest smiles ever. I stood and held her hand. Handing over my wallet to Miles, who gave a smile of encouragement, me and my daughter walked towards the cake where God knows how the miracle happened Vincent was actually smiling at us.

People might no even consider it as a smile but knowing that man I knew that this was the closest I had been to him actually smiling at me.

We stood beside Vincent.

"Ready now?" Vincent asked.

"Yes Appa." Lily said.

"Everybody on the count of three. One... Two... Three." Roman said and everyone started singing happy birthday. Lily first blew out the candles. Then we all held the knife together as a family and cut the cake.

"Guys a family photo." Miles said.

Lily held her hands up in the air and I picked her up. Vincent was beside but there was considerable distance between us and to my utter surprise his hand went around my waist and he pulled.e close to him. A simple gesture worth a thousand feelings. In yesterday and today every touch between us has lit up my whole body.

After the cake cutting, there was gift giving and then the kids were dancing of the dance floor. For about an hour my time was went in looking after Lily and Jameson. When I finally caught a break I realised that I hadn't seen Vincent for a long time.

So, like every wife I went looking for my 'husband'. I looked around the room but he wasn't there. The whole ballroom had everyone except for him. I started walking towards the exist when I bumped into the manager, Mr. Lance.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Chae." He apologized immediately.

"No, it's fine. Umm... Have you seen Vincent anywhere?" I asked.

"Yes, Mr. Chae just went into the balcony." He said.

"Could tell me where it is?" I said.

"Straight down the hall and the last door to you left." He pointed out the directions. I thanked him and went in that direction.

When I opened the door to the balcony I saw him standing near the edge with his eldows on the railing and his head in his hands. This body language was tensed.

"Vincent?" I called out.
_________________________________

Hey Everyone,
I know it's been a month since I last updated but my academics and school are literally killing. I finally have some time so I am posting. But I can't promise that I'll be consistent. So, hopefully you'll understand.

Also I have started a Instagram account for my books. If possible please follow me and show your support. It'll mean a lot to me.

P.S. I have a small surprise for you there. I have posted a reel about Eliza and Vincent.

The account handle is

@ bettywritesbooks

See you soon. And enjoy this chapter.

Lots of love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583K 10.7K 73
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦 𝘈𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘊𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘭 - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘢 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘰�...
46.5K 1.3K 71
Logan had everything he could ever want: a vast fortune, luxury cars, and a private jet to whisk him away to any destination he desired. But his hear...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
24.3K 1.2K 26
Cole agreed to a marriage five years ago to make his mother and her best friend happy. But it hasn't been the easiest of times being married to a wom...