Liar

By IScreamwithlove

*Sequel to Unwanted Child* After the World Duel Carnival Y/n L/n starts questioning who they are more and mo... More

New Outfits
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 9

136 3 0
By IScreamwithlove

The next day you had to drag yourself to school. The first thing you did was go to Mr Kay's room.

"Do you think Y/n will come back today?" you heard Yuma asked.

"Yuma you've been asking that for the past week, Y/n will come back when they're ready," Tori said.

"We are all eager for Y/n to come back and they will," Bronk said.

"Man, Yuma woke up early for once?" you asked as you stepped in the doorway.

"Y/n!" Tori and Rio exclaimed as they both ran to you and hugged you tightly. You smiled and hugged them back. They both pulled away with grins on their faces.

"You're back!" Tori exclaimed.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry I left unexpectedly. After what happened my brain became all jumbled. I needed to clear my mind, so I ended up at Master Roku's," you said softly.

"It's okay! We understand!" Rio nodded,"and Shark isn't mad, either. He was really worried about you."

"Huh? Are you sure? Because of me, we wrecked," you commented.

"It wasn't your fault," Rio reassured.

"I beg to disagree, if I just had control at the time...," you started.

"It wasn't your fault," Shark set a hand on your head. You looked at him," it's good to have you back."

Relief washed over you as a soft smile spread across your lips.

"Yuma! We have a problem!" Astral popped out of the key.

"Huh what's wrong Astral?!" Yuma asked. Astral went silent as he looked at you. There was a mix of fascination and fear in his eyes.

"Y/n?" Tori now chimed in looking back and forth between you and Astral.

"I guess I was wrong, it's just Y/n. I apologize," Astral said. Yuma looked at you stunned.

"It's alright," you nodded," I also got this at Master Roku's."

You pulled out the number card and handed it to Astral.

"I thought you didn't duel," Astral commented.

"Not with cards," you smiled. Astral's face dropped. "It was like what Shark and I encountered the other day, but only this time I actually knew how to deal with it! I won against a number!"

"Ah! That's incredible Y/n!" Rio smiled as she hugged you from the side.

"Man you run away from us and come back stronger than ever," Bronk teased.

"Huh!? It's not like that I promise!" You exclaimed.

"We know Y/n, we're just glad your home," Bronk smiled.

"Ah! We should have a party to celebrate Y/n coming back!" Tori exclaimed.

"We totally should!" Rio agreed as she slung an arm around Tori," and I'll totally help you plan it!"

"Guys you don't have to," you said.

"We know, but we want to," Tori said. Who were you to argue?

"Alright," you hummed.

"Right then it's settled this weekend at my place! And Y/n don't be shy to bring Kite!" Tori winked at you. You looked down with a nervous blush. The group all just laughed at your flustered look.

—-

Despite being gone so long you didn't have much work to catch up on. It was Saturday night. You and Kite were headed to Tori's party.

"I'm so glad you decided to tag along!" You smiled," I honestly didn't think you would..."

"I wouldn't miss an opportunity to-" Kite cut himself off.

"An opportunity to what?" you pressed as you poked him.

"Don't worry about it," Kite said.

"You're lucky we're close to Tori's house," you smirked. Kite rolled his eyes but there was a sly smirk on his lips.

When you got to Tori's house Tori ushered you and Kite inside. Rio, Shark, Cathy, Caswell were already there.

"Yuma, Bronk and Flip lagging behind?" you asked.

"It doesn't surprise me," Tori huffed," Yuma told me they were showing up together."

"I see, I see," you agreed.

"Here Y/n try this," Rio said as she held a tiny pastry to you. You opened your mouth and she just popped it in. Your face immediately melted to the flavor.

"So good!" you hummed.

"Thanks! I made them myself!" Rio smiled.

"I didn't know you bake~ Your future partner is gonna be so lucky," you sang.

"Awe you're too sweet Y/n," Rio blushed," maybe I'll just have to make you mine~"

"Huh!?!" your face turned deep red.

"I'm kidding," Rio laughed. You crossed your arms and rolled your eyes.

KNOCK!

KNOCK!

"I got it!" Tori smiled and ran to the front door.

"Tori! Hey!" You heard Yuma exclaim.

You noticed Kite hiding in the corner.

"We'll talk more later Rio," you said. You walked over to Kite. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just, ya know, people," Kite shrugged.

"Alright! Now that everyone is here!" Tori smirked," Lets get this party started!"

Tori turned on the music.

"Y/n! Come on this is your party!" Tori pulled you away from Kite. Was he mad at you? You decided to brush it off for now and enjoy yourself.

The party continued but any time you looked over at Kite he just looked miserable.

"You okay?" Rio asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm alright," you nodded.

"Then stop looking so worried," Rio said.

"Right sorry," you agreed.

You and Kite decided to leave around 10:30. He still wasn't saying much. You kept looking at him with a concerned look and you weren't really being hush hush about it.

"Do you like Rio?" Kite now asked out of the blue.

"Huh? Yeah of course I like Rio," you said.

"No... not like that Y/n. Do you like Rio? It's okay if you do, I'm not going to judge you," Kite said. You realized what he meant now by like. Was he really that dense?

"I... no... not in the way your thinking," you sighed and crossed your arms. "Is that why you were all mopey during the party?"

"Was it really that obvious...? I'm sorry I probably ruined it for you," Kite sighed.

"No! You didn't it's just... Rio is my best friend, and besides! I already liked someone before meeting Rio," you said, your face was starting to turn red.

"You did... do? Who?" Kite asked.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," you winked at him. You were playing your feelings off, but if Kite was getting so jealous from the party...? Now that you thought about it...

You were approaching your house.

"I guess I should get headed home," Kite said.

"Hold on!" You grabbed his wrist.

"Hm?" Kite hummed and looked at you.

"Stay for tea? We didn't spend much time together at the party...," you offered. Kite looked like he was thinking about it then nodded.

You bought yourself some more time.

"So what are you in the mood for?" You asked as you went to your tea cabinet.

"Earl grey if you don't mind," Kite nodded.

"Yeah of course," you nodded. You grabbed a packet of lavender and a packet of earl grey. You set the kettle on the stove and let the water boil.

Should you use the Pocky method to confess?

No it was to cliche and cheesy.

The hissing of the kettle snapped you out of your thoughts. You took it off the burner and headed to the dinning room table. Kite sat there petting Arlo, he looked deep in thought.

"Waters ready," you hummed and sat down across from him. You poured water into his cup then yours.

"Thanks," Kite hummed. You drank your tea in silence. Well mostly...

"Kite do you have a crush on anyone?" You asked nervously. Kite almost spit out his tea.

"So you won't tell me who you like but then you ask if I like anybody?" Kite questioned, his cheeks turning a light pink.

"I just need to know okay?" You retaliated.

"If you must know then yes," Kite hummed. Your cheeks turned a light pink. What if it wasn't you?

No Y/n! Now was your chance!

Just tell him!

Woof!

Arlo grabbed your attention.

"Huh? What's wrong boy?" You asked. Arlo ran to the kitchen. "I'll be right back."

You followed Arlo to the kitchen. He nudged the back door. You sighed letting Arlo out. It took a minute but Arlo came back with a small bouquet of wild flowers.

"You trying to tell me something?" You asked. Arlo ran into the dining room. You quickly closed the back door and followed him.

Arlo had set the flowers in front of Kite.

"I'm so sorry, Arlo has a mind of his own sometimes," you apologized. Kite smiled and picked up the flowers.

"It's alright," Kite hummed as he stood up," but I should really get home."

"Yeah, yeah, okay," you nodded and walked him to the door. The awkward silence was back. "I hope this made up for the party."

"It did, we should hang out one on one more often," Kite commented.

"I would like that," you agreed.

"Me too," Kite nodded. You opened the front door for him. He started to walk away.

Don't let him walk away!

"Kite wait! There's one more thing!" You exclaimed as you grabbed his hand.

"What is it?" Kite asked, he looked worried.

"I don't want you to be confused on who I like anymore," you said and pulled him into a kiss. Kite seemed frozen in the moment. You quickly pulled away. "It's oka-"

Kite pulled you back in. You smiled and kissed him back.

Pulling away you set your forehead on his.

"Of course I feel the same way," Kite said as he tucked a piece of hair behind your ear.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" You smiled softly.

"Only if you'll be my partner," Kite hummed.

"Deal," you smiled and pecked his lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 507 19
Holy crap it's another one. Twin au because it's easier. ~~~ "Where does this go?" Y/n asked. "Wherever your heart desires." They answered. That was...
11.6K 293 17
Hello, this book will contain One-shots as well as multiple short stories about your favorites! This contains Gender Neutral Reader, Female Reader, a...
104K 4.8K 12
(๐‘ช๐’๐’“๐’‚๐’๐’Š๐’๐’† ๐‘จ๐‘ผ) "๐ˆ'๐Œ ๐–๐€๐˜ ๐๐„๐“๐“๐„๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐€๐ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐๐€๐“๐‡๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚ ๐„๐—๐‚๐”๐’๐„ ๐Ž๐… ๐€ ๐‡๐”๐’๐๐€๐๐ƒ" Yแด€ษดแด…แด‡ส€แด‡ Oแด›สœแด‡ส€ Hแดœsส™แด€ษดแด… Sแดœษขแดœ...
4.3K 28 24
Astral, Yuma's invisible dualest and friend happens across someone from his home world, it was a girl he had always had a strong connection with howe...