π•Šβ„π”Έπ”»π•†π•Žβ„π•Œβ„•π•‹π”Όβ„π•Š

By Lyssandra_K23

Almost everything is how it was in the series. Only this time, Clary has an older sister and she gets togethe... More

【A】/【N】
【C】【A】【S】【T】
α–‡α—©IՏIα‘Žα˜œ α•Όα—΄α’ͺα’ͺ
α—°OO Υα•Όα‘Œ TO ᘜO
ᗰᗩᒍOα–‡ α—©α–‡α‘•α—©α‘Žα—©
α—·α—©α—ͺ α—·α’ͺOOα—ͺ
α–‡IՏᗴ α‘Œα‘­
πŸ…οΈŽ/πŸ…οΈŽ
Tα•ΌIՏ α—―Oα–‡α’ͺα—ͺ Iα‘Žα―α—΄α–‡Tα—΄α—ͺ & α—·α’ͺOOα—ͺ α‘•α—©α’ͺα’ͺՏ TO α—·α’ͺOOα—ͺ
α—°α—©α’ͺα—΄α‘•
α—°Oα–‡α‘ŽIα‘Žα˜œ ՏTα—©α–‡
Ξ›/Π›
A/N

Oα–΄ α—°α—΄α‘Ž α—©α‘Žα—ͺ α—©α‘Žα˜œα—΄α’ͺՏ

1.6K 24 0
By Lyssandra_K23

Magnus’ Apartment – Living Room

Magnus opened the door and led the way for Alyssa and Simon to carry Luke inside with Clary following.
“What happened?” He asked.
“He was attacked.” Simon said.
“He challenged Theo and fought him.” Alyssa said. Luke groaned softly in pain making Alyssa worry more. “Magnus, he needs you.” Magnus laid a white sheet over the couch and gestured for them to bring Luke over.
“Put him here.” Alyssa and Simon carried Luke over and laid him down on the couch. Luke started muttering as if trapped within a dream of sorts.
“Where are you? I can’t find you. Where are…where are you?” Clary knelt down and tried to comfort him. “Jocelyn! Jocelyn!” He called out, thrashing on the couch.
“No, Luke, it’s Clary.” She said, taking his hand in hers. Luke opened his eyes slightly as he panted and looked at Clary.
“You have to listen to me. I have to tell you, just in case…” He tried to say.
“No, don’t even say it, don’t.” Clary said, tears in her eyes.
“No, listen to me.” Luke insisted.
“Luke.”
“No, you need to know. Listen…” He tried to say again but fell back onto the couch, slipping in and out of consciousness.
“Magnus.” Alyssa said, her voice laced with evident worry.
“Was he bitten by an alpha?” Magnus asked.
“Yes, why?” Simon asked. Magnus backed up and counted back from three then Luke’s body shot up with his eyes wide open and glowing green. He lets out a loud growl then falls back to the couch and begins to thrash around.
“Oh my God.” Clary gasped. Alyssa moved to hold him down and Clary helped her, Alyssa’s superior strength being a great help. Magnus walked away.
“Where do you think you’re going?” Simon asked.
“Help them hold him down.” Magnus said, walking out of the room. Simon did as asked just as Magnus ran back into the room with some items including a piece of bark. “We don’t have a lot of time.” He put the bark into Luke’s mouth and Luke reflexively bit down on it, still in pain. “It’ll take a few moments to take effect.”
“What’s happening to him?” Clary asked.
“Random werewolf transformation. It’s a side effect of the poison in the alpha bite.” Magnus explained. Luke’s body began to calm then. He stopped writhing and thrashing around and finally settled into unconsciousness.
Magnus noticed the anxious state of Alyssa and moved to place a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him with a grateful smile and he returned it before walking away to gather more items. She paid no mind to the quiet conversation Clary and Simon were having, her eyes focused on Luke’s prone form on the couch. After sometime, she got up to pace around slowly. Magnus walked in with more items and set them on a work table. “The bark will stop the transformation for now but Luke needs an antidote to stop the poison in his system. And I don’t have all the ingredients here.” Clary got up immediately.
“Just tell me what you need and how to get it.” She said.
“No, you stay here.” Magnus said. Clary looked ready to protest. “Luke will need you if he wakes up.”
“When he wakes up.” Alyssa and Clary corrected simultaneously. Magnus gave the older girl a sympathetic look.
“What do you need? I’ll…” Alyssa began to say but she was cut off by both Simon and Jace who had just walked in with a bloody nose.
“I’ll go.” Both boys said.
“What happened?” Alyssa asked, stepping close to him. She grabbed a paper napkin from a table and handed it to him.
“I’m fine. Luke’s car may have found its way into a pole while I was stashing it.” Jace answered.
“You crashed the car? I don’t even know why I’m surprised.” Alyssa said, shaking her head and rolling her eyes.
“I don’t do mundane driving, ok.” Jace said.
“Uh-huh.”
“Yeah, apparently.” Simon said with a scoff. Jace glared at him then turned to Magnus.
“What do you need for the antidote?” He asked. Simon glared at the blond shadowhunter and stepped toward him.
“Hey, I got this.” He said. Alyssa rolled her eyes, getting annoyed with his need to please and impress Clary even in a dire situation like this.
“Magnus?” Alyssa prompted.
“Phoenix eyes, moon salt and Idris fulgurite.” Magnus said, looking to Jace and Alyssa who both nodded. Simon shrugged.
“One trip to the pharmacy. It’ll take like two seconds.” He said, moving to walk past Jace who grabbed his arm and pulled him back.
“I know a guy, uh…and I don’t need him.” Jace said, pointing to Simon. Magnus just walked away to get more.
“Too bad. You’re getting me.” He said with a glare. This set Alyssa, who had been holding in her anger, anxiety and frustration, off. She turned and pushed Simon back harshly.
“You are really trying my last nerve, mundane. You think this is a joke? This isn’t about you stupid ego or constant need to please and impress Clarissa. I don’t care about it and I certainly don’t care about your one-sided rivalry with Jace. I am not about to lose someone dear to me because of your stupidity. Do you understand me?” She all but growled at him. Simon looked at her with wide eyes. Jace placed a hand on her back, which calmed her slightly.
“Hey, calm down. It’s gonna be alright.” He said, pulling her to him.
“One more thing.” Magnus said, entering the room. “You can’t go with them, biscuit. I need you and I need Alexander too.” Jace looked to him in confusion.
“Why do you need Alec and Lyssa?”
“Virgin Shadowhunter energy. And Alyssa, because I need your blood for the antidote at a certain stage.”
“Why and why can’t I just give it and go?”
“I think you know the answer to the first question and for the second, you’re not fine. Your mind is not clear and your emotions are all over. You need to stay here and calm down.” Alyssa sighed and nodded. Jace rubbed her arm and kissed her forehead.
“We’ll be back soon, okay?” He said. Alyssa nodded and kissed him lightly. He smiled at her then to grab Simon by the shirt. “Just don’t speak to me.” He said, then dragged him out as he left.

The Institute

Alec was in his room sitting on the bed. He was still conflicted about what Jace had asked of him. He was also thinking about what his mother had told him. As he mulled over this, his phone began to ring. He picked it up without looking at the ID, thinking it was Jace.
‘Hello?’
‘Hey, Alec, it’s Alyssa.’ Alec was surprised to hear from the girl. He was even more surprised at the heaviness in her voice. She sounded like she was close to tears which concerned him. He’d come to care for the girl in the brief time he’d known her.
‘Are you okay? You sound…’
‘Like someone who’s about to cry? Yeah, that’s because I feel like it. Alec, I know you don’t want to be involved in Downworlder business. I know you want to obey your mother and I understand. I know Jace has probably already called you but I wanted to talk to you myself. Magnus said he needs you in order to save Luke and without your energy, he doesn’t have enough to do that. Alec, I wouldn’t be calling to ask if it was important and very serious but Alec, I am begging you. He can’t die. Please, I…’ Alyssa was cut off when she heard Magnus call for her. ‘I have to go but please, Alec, just think about it. Bye.’ The call disconnected.
Alec pulled the phone from his ear and stared at it for a bit then with his mind made up, he picked up his leather jacket and slipped it on. As he did so, Izzy walked in a worried expression on her face.
“Promise me, you won’t go through with it. Promise me, you’ll say no.” Izzy said, an urgent tone to her voice, making Alec look at her in a bewildered manner.
“What are you talking about? Say no to what?” He asked.
“They’re gonna make you marry.” Alec scoffed at this.
“Who’s they?”
“Our parents are making plans for both of us.” Alec stared at his sister in shock then shook his head in denial.
“No, you heard wrong.” Izzy stepped closer to him.
“It’s true, Alec. They need a political alliance quickly to restore our family name and our influence at the Clave.” Izzy said. Alec stared at her for a moment, looked away and scoffed then turned back to her.
“So wait, when I’m getting married, what are you doing?” He asked.
“They need me to convince the Clave to placate the Seelies somehow.” This answer irked Alec.
“You’re playing the diplomat. Again? That’s my job. That’s what I’m supposed to be doing.”
“I know that. But I’m the one with ties to the Seelies.”
“Is that what you’re calling it now?” Alec asked annoyed, with a scoff.
“Alec, I’m on your side.” Izzy tried to convince her brother who was getting incensed.
“Really? I have followed every rule. I’ve given up everything.” Izzy looked at him sympathetically and laid her hand on his shoulder.
“We’ll find a way out of this.” Alec looked at her hand and moved it away from his shoulder with a scoff.
“Screw the rules. Screw them. Screw all of this.” He said, walking past Izzy.
“Alec.” Izzy called to her brother but he didn’t listen to her as he left the Institute.

Magnus’ Apartment

Magnus was kneeling by Luke’s body, using his magic to help him and to stall the poison in the system. The place was shaking lightly and Luke was groaning in pain. Alyssa and Clary were standing around looking panicked.
“I’m running out of magic.” Magnus said.
“What do I do?” Clary asked, wanting to help in anyway.
“I can’t leave him, but the potion stock still needs Komodo scale. Find it and add it with rest when the boys get here, mixing in Alyssa’s blood which is in a vial on the table. You’ll have to feed it to Luke.”
“Just go, Clary. I’ll help him hold on as long as he can.” Alyssa said, moving to kneel beside Magnus. Clary ran out of the room back to where the potion was being prepared. Alyssa offered her hand to Magnus. “Magnus, take what energy you need to keep him long enough for the antidote to be ready, at least until Alec gets here.”
“Alyssa…”
“Magnus, please.”
“Once I begin, I can’t stop the process, not even when Alec gets here. I’ll need to channel you till the work is done.”
“You know I’d do anything for him, even lay down my life. Do it, Magnus.” Magnus nodded and took her hand, drawing on her energy to keep his magic on helping Luke.
Alec arrived moments later and went straight to Magnus and Alyssa. Jace and Simon arrived after and went straight to the kitchen.
“How can I help?” Alec asked.
“We need your strength. Grab onto Alyssa’s other hand.” Magnus instructed. Alec wordlessly did so, almost supporting both Alyssa and Magnus, helping them stay upright. Clary, Jace and Simon ran later with the potion and began to pour it into Luke’s mouth. As the potion began to take effect, Magnus let go of his magic and fell against Alec while Alyssa fell forward, all three breathing heavily.
“You okay?” Alec asked Magnus. Magnus nodded and looked to Alyssa, who was staring intently at Luke as his breaths calmed down to normal, which caused Alyssa to let out a breath of relief. He opened his eyes and first looked up at Clary.
“Clary.” He said softly. Clary smiled, looking at him in relief. His eyes then found Alyssa staring at him with worry and relief evident in her eyes, as well as unshed tears. He smiled at her and reached his hand over to fondly stroke her cheek. “Hey, baby girl.” He said. All the other occupants in the room, minus Magnus, Jace and Alyssa herself were stunned but they were even more stunned when Alyssa responded back.
“Hi, daddy.” Alyssa said with a smile. “You really scared me. I thought you were gonna leave me.”
“I would never leave you, not if I could help it. I’m not going anywhere anytime soon, baby girl. Okay?” Alyssa smiled, tears still in her eyes and nodded. She moved forward and gave Luke a sort of hug, draping one hand over his chest to hold him while the other held on the hand still at her cheek, with her head on his chest.

Later…

Magnus was settling Luke in one of his rooms with Simon’s help. Alec, Jace, Clary and Alyssa were around. Jace and Alyssa were just standing there, hugging, with Alyssa drawing comfort from Jace. Alec was picking some things which had fallen down, from the floor and was about to walk away when Clary walked over to him.
“Alec wait.” The dark haired shadowhunter stopped and faced her. “Thank you. If you hadn’t gotten here in time, I…I just…I’m glad you and Jace are okay now.” Clary said.
“I didn’t do this for Jace.” Alec said, shaking his head.
“Well, then I’m glad you did it for you.” Clary said, smiling slightly.
“Honestly, I didn’t do it entirely for me either. I also did it for Alyssa. I didn’t know he was her dad then but she called me and asked for my help.” Alec said, then looked over at where Jace and Alyssa were. The couple looked over as if hearing his words and walked over. Alyssa smiled and wrapped her arms around Alec in a hug.
“Thank you for coming, Alec.” She said. Alec smiled and hugged her back.
“You’re welcome.” They pulled apart and Jace walked closer, almost unsure of where he stood with his parabatai after their quarrel earlier. Alec held his hand out and Jace took it with a smile. The two embraced each other. The hug telling them that their argument was over. They were okay now. Jace muttered a small thank you and an apology before they pulled away. Alec nodded to him then he walked out of the room.
“You called Alec?” Clary asked her sister.
“Yes. I knew he’d have a hard time listening to Jace because of their fight earlier when we got kidnapped, not to mention his penchant for following the rules so he doesn’t go against his parents and the Clave.” Alyssa answered.
“How’d you know he had a fight with Jace?” Clary asked
“Our bond. It more or less allows no secrets between us. It’s how he also knew Luke was my dad.”
“It’s also why I agreed to let the mundane follow me without any argument. I didn’t want to waste any more time.” Jace supplied.
“Speaking of the mundane…” Alyssa trailed off, pointing to the doorway to room Luke was in.
“Clary.” The three shadowhunters looked at him. “Luke’s asking for you.”
“Yeah. Right.” Clary said, then walked away from the couple, hugging Simon on her way in. Jace crossed his arms over his chest. Simon looked over at the couple and looked away.
“Tell Clary I’ve got something to do.” He said and left the room.

Several moments later…
Guest Room

Clary and Luke were still talking after hearing the whole story from Luke about how he, Jocelyn and Valentine were connected and in essence, how Alyssa was Luke’s daughter.
“We have to get the Cup before Valentine does.” Luke said, holding Clary’s hand.
“But I don’t even know where it is. Or even where to start looking.” Clay stammered.
“It’s all starts and ends with you.”
“How do you know that?”
“Because I know Jocelyn.” Luke said. “You’re the only other person she would have trusted with the location of the Cup.”
“What about Alyssa? Couldn’t mom have told her and for some reason doesn’t want to tell us? I mean she hates mom and could care less if she died.”
“No, Jocelyn wouldn’t have told Alyssa. As much as I loved Jocelyn, the one thing I didn’t like was how she treated your sister and your sister doesn’t actually hate her. She just doesn’t care about Jocelyn as deeply as you do. She feels nothing towards your mom, no love but no hate either. The only reason why she’s even helping you is because she cares about you.”
“Ok, but if mom trusted me so much then why didn’t she tell me any of this?”
“She didn’t think this was gonna happen. She made provisions just in case it did. The potion, Dot…” Luke said in Jocelyn’s defense. “Jocelyn said that I should tell you about our past. Then it would unlock you.”
“What does that even mean?” Clary huffed, pacing the room.
“I don’t know!” Luke exclaimed, getting as exasperated as Clary was. “But you do.”
“Memory’s wiped, remember?” Clary said, leaning against the wall.
“There are clues. They’re inside the mundane world. Think Clary.” Luke urged. Clary rolled her eyes in frustration. Alyssa chose that moment to enter the room.
“By the Angel, you two are loud.” She said. She took a seat on the bed right beside Luke. “How’re you holding up, dad?”
“I’m fine, sweetheart. Stop worrying.”
“Stop getting in trouble and I won’t have to.” Alyssa said, smiling a sarcastic smile at Luke who only shook his head in fondness. “Anyway, Clary, Dad’s right. If there’s one thing I know, it’s that Jocelyn would never leave you stranded. She would leave clues for you, ones hidden in plain sight.”
“If Mom hid the clues, I don’t remember where they are.” Clary stammered.
“You have to figure this out.” Luke urged again.
“Clary, you’re thinking about the memories that were wiped. And if anything, I don’t think she’d be dumb enough to wipe the memory of something that could save you or her one day. Jocelyn was smart. Start thinking about recent memories. Things you might have overlooked as ordinary or not really worth giving a second thought to.” Clary took in her sister’s words and contemplated them.
“You said you had to tell me everything. Maybe…maybe there’s something you forgot. ” She said to Luke. She looked up as a thought hit. “Wait...” She rushed to her bag and pulled out the box she had recovered from the Fray’s apartment and sat on the other side of Luke on the bed. “What is this?” Luke’s eyes widened.
“No.” He shook his head.
“Dad, what is it?” Alyssa asked, wondering why her father was reacting this way.
“Mom said this belonged to my father…”
“No.” Luke said, cutting her off.
“But Valentine is my father. Who is ‘JC’?” Clary asked, as if Luke hadn’t spoken.
“I want you to remember you father could be a good man.” Luke said.
“Not bloody likely. How can you even defend him, Dad?” Alyssa asked, staring at Luke in disbelief.
“Yeah. After what he did to you…” Clary added, agreeing with Alyssa.
“This is worse, Clary.” Luke said.
“I don’t care!” Clary exclaimed. “Luke, I want to know, I…I need to know. You said so yourself. You have to tell me everything.” Luke looked at her, hesitating for a bit then spoke up.
“‘JC’ stands for Jonathan Christopher…your brother.” Luke said. Alyssa and Clary looked at him in shock.
“We have a brother?” Clary asked, casting a look at Alyssa.
“More yours than Alyssa’s but, yes…you did.” Clary set the box on her sketch pad which was on the bed. “He died in a fire at Fairchild Manor. A fire that your father had set.” Clary gasped.
“I didn’t think Valentine could get any more despicable.” Alyssa remarked. Clary, in her shock, placed her hand on top of the box and leaned on it, unknowingly pushing the box into the paper and turning it into 3D drawing. Clary and Luke looked down in shock as Clary pulled her hand back. Alyssa was also surprised.
“That’s it. That’s the ending of the story that my mother needed me to hear but…” Luke took the book and looked at the drawing, sharing a look with Alyssa. “Is that what she meant to unlock? How did I do that?”
“There are Shadowhunters that have unusual Angelic powers but, I’ve never seen anyone do what you just did. Except one person.”
“Who?” Clary asked.
“Me.” Alyssa answered, making Clary look at her then away, thinking of something, remembering.
“Can these powers be inherited?” Clary asked.
“I think so.” Luke answered. Clary looked up at both of them and chuckled softly.
“I know where my mother hid the Cup.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628 35 25
A girl called Adelaide is a Shadowhunter. She loves a boy called Jace Herondale. Adelaide goes through many fights for her friends and family, to pro...
108K 2.9K 37
Elizabeth Fray is the fraternal twin sister to clary fray. Even though they were twins they were nothing alike were clary was an artist and outgoing...
426 13 6
Katerina is Clary's twin sister. The girls are thrown into the shadow world and their wholes lives change. In the search for their mom, Kat finds lov...
47.5K 900 28
Kayla and Destiny Fairchild are Clary Fray's older sister and they are twins. When Kayla and Destiny were 12 their father Valentine Morgenstern kidna...