Still The One - Sequel (UNDER...

By LambroseIndeed

Sequel to Looking For You Tobias and Tris are now living in Boston and starting their lives. Read as both of... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
21. Birthdays additions and parties!
23. Hospitals
24. Second first ultrasounds.
25. Good to have you back
26. nigntmares and bite marks
27. One big happy family
︎ Epilogue︎
divergent 2 last note
new book! ✍ MPB

22. Promises and accidents

2.5K 62 7
By LambroseIndeed

Chapter twenty two:
"promises and accidents"

[tris prior]

"babe!" I heard Tobias calling out my name around the house. The sound of the door opening and closing back again was heard and I smiled. He had just gotten back from Cole's house.

I turned off the Tv and looked at my sleeping sons one last time before closing the door and running down the stairs.

"Baby!" I exclaimed startling tobias. I jumped up and he quickly dropped his things, catching me in the air, laughing as he spun me.

"Hi sunshine" he told as he brushed a strand of my hair out of my face. He kissed my lips and gave me a big smile.

"I missed you" I said burying my face in his neck as he hugged me tightly.

"mm I missed you, and the boys. How are they?" he asked me as I wrapped my legs around his waist and put my hands around his neck.

Tobias had gone to Cole's house early in the morning to help fix Justin's room since they wanted to change the theme and tobias had offered to help, obviously.

I hadn't even gotten a chance to talk to him since he only kissed me and the boys goodbye before heading out.

"They're both good, taking their nap" I told him as he gently settled me down but kept his hand in my waist. I then glanced at my watch, "they should be awake soon"

"Well I was thinking..." tobias said grinning at me, trailing off.

"what?" I asked putting my hands in his cheeks and gently tapping them with my fingers.

"maybe we could go ice skating, it's freezing cold outside and I heard that Cole and Xavier are going to be there too" he said.

The boys had been asking me nonstop today if we could go out to do something when tobias go home and I guess going ice skating was a good idea. So I nodded my head and grabbed his hand, leading him towards the kitchen.

"Want some lunch?" I asked him and he grinned.

"Yes please" he murmured sitting in a stool as I went to open the stove. I grinned when I saw his eyes widening as I took the lasagna out, one of his favorite plates.

I quickly got him a big piece and poured iced tea for him.

"Thank you baby" he said kissing my temple and then digging in. I chuckled and sat on the counter next to him, caressing his hair as he ate.

"Mommy!" I heard both of my sons yelling from upstairs. I sighed chuckling, before jumping out of the counter.

"I'm gonna go and get them ready while you eat" I told him kissing his head. He smiled, his mouth full of lasagna.

"Okay" he said showing all his chewed food making me scrunch my nose up in disgust.

"Disgusting tobias" I said as I began walking away. I heard his loud laughter behind me, making me grin widely.

I entered my room to see the boys sitting up and rubbing their eyes, their hairs flying everywhere. Their eyes lit up when the saw me, warming my heart.

I brought them to me and they cuddled into my chest, sighing happily. I kissed their cheeks and carefully fixed their hair.

"mommy is daddy home?" Louis asked and just as those words left his mouth, the bedroom door opened.

"I'm right here bud" tobias said chuckling as the boys jumped up and threw themselves in his strong arms. Tobias hugged them and kissed their heads.

"How are you boys?" He said setting them in each hip and smiling down at our sons.

"Good, a little bored" Kyle said shrugging and laying his head in Tobias's neck, poking his younger brother's cheek.

"Well not for long, we are gonna go ice skating" I told them and their heads shot up, excitement written all over their little features, "and Justin is gonna be there with uncle Cole and Xavier"

"Yeah! Come on daddy let's go!" Louis and Kyle said tugging onto his sweatshirt. Tobias laughed and we both walked towards their room.

We set them in the long chair and began picking out their outfits. We decided that they should wear one of their matching outfits.

So we grabbed their grey sweaters along with their black coats that reached their knees along with some thick dark jeans and their boots.

We then put beanies, scarfs and gloves on them to make sure they weren't exposed to the cold.

"ready!" Louis said clapping his hands as his brother giggled. We smiled and picked them up, taking them downstairs. When we were all inside the house and buckled up, tobias started the engine and began driving.

I turned and laid my head against the seat, looking at tobias. He was staring up at the road with a small frown of concentration in his forehead.

I looked back and saw that they boys were too busy playing with their power rangers. I smiled lovingly at my boys and stroked the side of his face.

He glanced at me and grinned, taking my hand on his and kissing my knuckles.

"how's the baby?" he asked placing his hand in my belly and turning his attention back to the road, glancing at me when he could.

We could not get in an accident with the kids in here, including our baby.

"baby's doing fine" I said smiling down and tracing my fingers on the end of my belly. It had been growing recently.

"I already booked an appointment, like in six days" tobias told me, "I wonder how she or he is gonna be" he said and I nodded, grinning.

I was beyond excited, Louis and Kyle had been great and were definitely the best things that ever happened to me along with my husband. I could tell, just by looking down at my belly that would soon start to swell that this baby was gonna bring more happiness.

The boys were happy too, they would constantly draw pictures of them with their sister. They were sure they were gonna have a baby girl, but it was unpredictable.

Though deep down in our hearts, tobias and I knew that we were gonna have a little girl too.

We just had to wait a few months and find out, I guess.

"We are here!" tobias exclaimed as we pulled up in front of the huge park. The white pretty snow covered the  slippery ground.

there were big naked trees around as small snowflakes fell from the clear blue sky. I could see, far in the distance kids skating in the frozen lake along with their parents.

Some people jogging around and drinking coffee, some taking their dogs out for a walk.

Tobias turned off the engine as we unbuckled our seat belt and got out from the car. Kyle and Louis unbuckled themselves and waited patiently for us to pick them up.

I took Louis in my arms as Tobias did the same with Ky. We settled them down in the snow and they giggled, grabbing some in their hands.

Since they had gloves they would not get sick.

"Come on, Justin is waiting" I told them. They threw the snow and dusted their hands before grabbing ours and walking with us.

I intertwined my fingers with Tobias's and the four of us made our way towards the crowded frozen lake.

When we got there we spotted Justin playing with Cole and Danielle in the distance.

"Oh look who's there!" Tobias said pointing at Marlene and Uriah holding their son, Andy in their hands.

"Oh wow" I said smiling seeing as my boys' face lit up, "alright lets go get our skates so we can play with them" I told them and they both nodded their heads, counting their steps.

We walked towards the small wooden cabin that was placed right under a tree, layers of snow covering the roof. We got in line, tobias and I picking the boys up since there were some paparazzi around hiding behind the bushes.

"I hadn't seen them in forever" I murmured looking at tobias, referring to the three men holding the cameras. He put Louis' head down on his shoulder as I did the same with Kyle.

We hated when they got pictures of our sons and posted them in magazines. We at least wanted for them to give the boys privacy.

I mean, what's so interesting about two, three year old little kids? I don't understand.

"I always spot them when we got out, but they're really good at hiding" he told me, sighing and shaking his head. He took his hand out from his pocket and laced our fingers, moving Louis to his other arm and placing him in his hip.

"Daddy" Kyle said as he lifted his up from my neck. I put his hoodie over his head so that both the beanie he wore and hoodie would hide his face, at least half of it.

"Yeah bud" tobias said as we moved forward. He pulled his hand back from mine and took out his wallet, grabbing three $20 dollar bills.

"Can we have movie night when we get home?" he asked as he fiddled with his little fingers, that were covered by the thick cotton layers of his winter gloves.

Tobias smiled ruffling his sons hair, "of course bud"

Louis and Kyle smiled, since they loved movie night. We did too even though they made us watch the same movies almost every night. But we didn't mind since we would just cuddle up on each other and watch the boys in awe.

"Come on," I said as we walked towards an empty bench. We sat down with the twins in our laps and took off their shoes as they wiggled their little toes.

"Shall we put this on now?" tobias said as he bent down and picked up the skates for the boys, who nodded with excitement evident in their eyes. We smiled and began getting them ready.

When they had their skates on we settled them down next to us, still sitting in the bench since they were afraid to fall.

We were afraid that they might break a bone if someone crashes into them.

Tobias and I quickly put the skates on and stood up, me holding onto tobias for balance. When I knew I could stand up without tumbling down, Tobias and I set the boys down on the slippery ground.

"Ah!" Louis yelled as he held onto Tobias's and his brothers hands for dear life. Kyle doing the same as he held onto mine tightly.

Some couples smiled at them as they passed us, holding hot dogs in their hands. I just hoped the boys didn't see them or any kinds of food until we were ready to go home.

"Come on guys!" Andy yelled from the distance, holding onto his parents' hands smiling as his beanie fell further down, Uriah quickly fixing it and his hair.

As soon as louis and Kyle gained balance, tobias and I began skating slowly towards the couple, still holding onto their hands.

When we reached them Cole and Danielle joined us, less then three minutes later. Justin, Andy and the twins began practicing by themselves, us standing behind them to pick them up before they fell.

"mommy! daddy look!" louis said as he started skating, slowly moving his hands around to keep his balance.

Tobias and I cheered for him, clapping our hands, "good job buddy" I told him as he crashed into my legs giggling and hugging them.

"love you mommy" he murmured as I picked him up in my hands, and brushed his hair as I fixed his spider man helmet.

Those three simple words made my heart melt, as I pressed a kiss to his little cold cheek, "mommy loves you too" I told him and he just blushed smiling.

I chuckled placing him back down as he began to skate around us once again. Kyle then retrieved his hands from Tobias's and began following his brother, repeating all his moves.

"You got it!" Tobias said as he bent down to watch them skate around. I smiled proudly at them and clapped my hands as Kyle looked up at us with happiness written all over his features.

We spent almost an hour just messing around with our friends and the kids, before we went to take a break. We decided to return the skates since we were already tired and decided to eat and then take a walk or something.

Tobias placed the tray down on the table and started handing us our food. Danielle and Cole were playing with Justin in the park as Uriah and Marlene bought Andy cotton candy.

"I got four hot does for you and me" he said smiling at me and placing them in the middle of the table, "mini hot dogs for you boys with a side of cheese fries and hot chocolate milk"

the boys immediately started unwrapping their meal and stuffing their mouths with fries. Tobias sighed looking at their mouths full of cheese, "and I got some napkins"

I chuckled and tugged onto his hand, him smiling and sitting down next to me wrapping his arms around me. I leaned into his chest and grabbed one of my hot dogs, beginning to eat.

Tobias did the same as we helped the twins, wiping their faces as they got more and more sauce on them.

"Wanna go home after eating?" Tobias asked me. I looked at the boys and saw as they shivered, their noses turning red and cheek flushed from the cold.

"Yeah I think they've had enough for today" I told him. He kisses my head, letting his lips longer there longer than intended.

"Have I told you how much I love you today?" he asked me as I looked up at him, with a small smirk. He placed his hand in my cheek and looked down at me lovingly, the corners of his mouth turning upwards.

"I dunno" I said shrugging my shoulders, playing dumb with him. Tobias would constantly repeat those words and I never got tired of hearing them or saying them back to him.

"Well I love you sunshine" he told me pressing his cold forehead to mine and nuzzling our noses together, as he pecked my lips.

I chuckle and kissed the tip of his nose, pulling back.

"I love you more baby" I told him and ran my hands on his silk hair, that was now reaching his eyebrows seeing how his quiff had fallen down while skating.

We smiled at each other before carrying on eating, sending glances at each other and grinning, and yeah we were so in love.

"I'll be right back" he said holding his finger up as he answers his phone. He stood up and kissed the boys' hair before walking away and standing near a tree.

I would glanced at him, and watched as he talked. He didn't seem really pleased.

[tobias eaton]

I sighed and rubbed my temples with my fingers, as I pressed my phone against my ear with my shoulder.

"do you think we can do this tomorrow?" I asked Caiden as I paced around the sidewalk covered in the glistening white snow.

"no you have to release the album tomorrow Four" he told me and I could hear the sound of papers being moved around and crumpled down, as music played in the background.

He was probably in the studio now. He had called me to tell me that I needed to finish my last song, claiming that he needed to release the album tomorrow to the public. Apparently fans were asking for more and some saying they were tired of waiting.

I had literally released my last album less than 8 months ago. Some artists take at least a year.

"Caiden I'm with my family, today is my day off and I worked my ass off yesterday" I started saying as my patience ran low.

Couldn't they wait another f**cking day?

"I know that Four but the fans don't and they are asking for another album, after tomorrow you can have a three month break. How does that sound?" he said.

I stayed quiet going over the request multiple times in my mind. It didn't sound too bad. I could have a three month break and I could spend it with my family without having to worry about recording anything.

I just had to go and record the last three verses one more time and that was it. Tris and the boys could wait a couple of hours.

"Fine, deal but in those three months I don't want any interruptions" I told him as I tapped my foot against the frozen ground.

"Deal, but the only condition is that you must at least start writing new songs"

"Sounds good to me, I'll see you in a few then"

"See you" he said before hanging up, the line going dead. I sighed placing my phone back in my pocket and walking towards the table where my beautiful family sat.

"what was that about?" tris asked me as I stood behind her putting my arms around her neck and pressing a kiss to her flushed cheek.

"Well I gotta go back to the studio and finish the last song because Caiden needs to release the album tomorrow" I explained as she frowned and looked up at me. Her grey eyes were bright and vibrant.

"But isn't today you day off? We were gonna watch a movie with the boys" she mumbled sadly as she looked down at her lap and fiddles with her thumbs.

I took her hand and pressed a kiss to her soft skin.

"I know baby" I mumbled against her pale skin letting out a long sigh, "but he promised that after this I get to have a three month long break and I accepted"

I shrugged.

"Really? Three months?" she asked smiling, her frown fading away. I chuckled and nodded my head. We were both excited 'cause I could help out more in taking care of our unborn baby.

"Yeah, and then we can both spent time with our little boy or girl" I said leaning down and pressing a kiss to her belly who had been swelling lately. I was so excited for this pregnancy.

"that's true" she grinned nodding, then pressing a kiss to my lips, and smiling. I quickly hugged her.

"love you, see you tonight"

"bye baby" she told me before pressing a kiss to my forehead. I then walked towards the boys and bent down, wiping their mouths with a napkin since they had ketchup all over it.

"Boys" i murmured as their blue and grey eyes settled on me. Louis put his hands in my cheeks and placed his fingers in the sides of my mouth, tugging my lips up.

"Smile daddy" Kyle said as louis nodding his head, the top of his beanie bouncing up and down adorably.

I chuckled and grabbed his hand, kissing his small knuckles doing the same with kyle, "well listen boys daddy has to go to work..." I began explaining and they immediately frowned.

"Why? Daddy we were gonna watch a movie tonight with mommy. You promised" Louis pouted.

"I know bud, but I have to go and finish some songs. I promise that after this we are gonna watch as many movies as you want and we can go to Disney, and we are gonna have so much fun" I said smiling at them.

"Really?" Kyle said his eyes full of hope, resembling Louis's grey ones.

"Really, I'll be back before you know it and the three of us will make popcorn for mommy" I said smiling at them. The two of them grinned happily clapping their hands.

"Okay bye daddy"

"bye boys, I love you" I told them and kissed their foreheads, brushing the hairs sticking out from their beanies. Kyle and Louis threw their arms around me and hugged me.

"love you daddy" both said in unison and I smiled hugging them a little tighter.

I then pulled back and took a deep breath, "bye bye" I told the three of them and they smiled waving at me as I began to walk away.

Caiden had called a driver to drive me to the studio. I quickly hopped in the car and thanked them man, who just nodded his head and gave me a small smile.

The drive was short, since the studio was just down the street a couple of blocks away. He pulled up in front of the tall glass building and I went outside, waving my hand at Caiden's driver, Jeremiah.

I stuffed my hands inside my pocket as I looked down avoiding the paparazzi, shoving their cameras at me. I finally reached the doors and the security guards immediately let me inside, closing and locking the doors.

"Thanks guys" I told them.

"no problem" they said patting my back. I murmured a small hello to the brunette receptionist, who flirted with me a lot.

I avoided her as much as I could and the only reason to why I said hello was because I had to be polite.

When the elevator reached the last floor, I made my way down the hallway with my hands hidden inside my pockets. I didn't bother knock and just opened the door.

Caiden was sat in front of his computer creating a beat to a new song, I'm guessing.

"Finally" he said and I rolled my eyes, playfully hitting the back of his head as he laughed and handed me the paper with the lyrics that I didn't need but sometimes I got nervous, so just in case I forgot a word or something.

"Cay, let's make this quick please. The boys are waiting for me for movie night" I told him and went inside the small music cabin. I stood in front of the microphone and placed the headphones in my ears.

"When you're ready" he told me putting his hand over a button and placing his headphones on.

I gave him thumbs up and he pressed the blue button, the music starting.

"...when I see you again oh"

***
I got inside my car, putting my shades on and turning on the engine. Cole had dropped one of my car off about thirty minutes ago.

I had been working for almost two hours and I'm pretty sure the kids weren't happy about that but I had just called them to tell them that I was in my way.

I began driving, avoiding the paparazzi surrounding me and girls banging on the window. It was around 10pm and they are still outside. Their parents must be somewhere here.

I stopped in a red light, and took out my phone from my pocket going to Tris's contact and smiling at the picture I had. It was one of tris holding the boys in her arms and her small bump showing.

I had taken that one yesterday and immediately fell in love with it.

[to: my sunshine <3]

'baby, on my way right now get the boys and yourself ready for movie night! Love you bunches'

I pressed send and went on Twitter, taking a quick pic.

'Just finished Four, hope my fans out there enjoy! Time for my family now <3'

I put as a caption and just as I was about to put my phone away it hit me.

The truck behind me hit the back of my black convertible, sending me forward. my chest colliding with the steering wheel and stinging pain going throw my ribs and blood coming out my mouth.

The car jolted up, the seatbelt breaking, sending me out my window. I could feel the glass slicing through my skin. I landed on the cold pavement, my heart racing as I felt pain shooting through my whole body.

I struggled to keep my eyes open, them focusing on a couple of people surrounding me.

"I need an ambulance at Bolton Road with 124th avenue, there's been a car accident and there's someone badly injured" the man said as he bent down and checked my pulse.

I couldn't process much, I just stared at the dark sky as white snowflakes fell into my limp broken body.

my eyes began closing as the people helping me tried to keep me awake, but I just couldn't. I had hit my head way too hard and I didn't have the strength to keep my eyes open any longer.

I missed our movie night, was the last thought that my mind processed before I passed out in the cold ground.

+++

Comment and Vote?

V. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 354 27
Welcome to the first book of my Divergent fanfic series! I'm so glad you decided to read these. Fiar warning, this one is a little rough since it's t...
298K 7.3K 50
What if Tris didn't die in Allegiant but everyone else thinks she's dead. What will she do now that she has survived? Will she ever find her way back...
21.3K 529 73
COMPLETED From the moment Zeke and Uriah Pedrad came home with him, she hated him. There wasn't a problem because he hated her too. Everyone was used...
347K 7.8K 38
After Allegiant, tris wakes up and figures out she never died, but everyone thinks she was, she was simply in a comma for a year then tested on for a...