The Seed Of Vengeance (Gundam...

By zer0420

Vengeances is a form of reciprocity in which each deed begets another. Each act of Vengeances is a response t... More

Chapter 1 Planted Seed
Chapter 2 Those Who Call For War
Chapter 3 Stardust Battlefield
Chapter 4 Unhealable Wounds
Chapter 5 End Of The World
Chapter 6 Land Of Confussion
Chapter 7 Memorial
Chapter 8 Blood In The Water
Chapter 9 Return To Battle
Chapter 10 Life Of A Soldier
Chapter 11 The Hidden Truth
Chapter 12 Bitter Hostilely
Chapter 13 Shadows Of War
Chapter 14 The Place of Sin
Chapter 15 Life Remaining and Life Scattered
Chapter 16 Fleeting Dream
Chapter 17 Stella
Chapter 18 World Revealed
Chapter 19 Fallen Angel
Chapter 20 Eve of Chaos
Chapter 21 Thunder In The Dark
Chapter 22 Visible Scars
Chapter 24 Winds Of Change
Chapter 25 Forbearance
Chapter 26 Fractured Mind
Chapter 27 Departure
Chapter 28 The Song of Truth
Chapter 29 To a New World
(Finale) Chapter 30 The Final Power
(Epilogue) To a New Tomorrow

Chapter 23 Hellfire of Destiny

1K 41 4
By zer0420

No one's POV

Within the Bridge of the Minerva, Talia, Durendal and other official were all awaiting the reply of the Heaven's Base, however still received none, despite 3 hours having past.

Abby: Still no response from Heaven's Base, ma'am. Three hours until the deadline.

Talia: I see.

Durendal: It's probably pointless. But it would've been better to resolve this without violence.

Suddenly, the Heavens Base began to launch a preemptive strike against the fleet, as the ship's sensors reported that the enemy had opened fire, shocking everyone as multiple ships were taken out.Afterwards, Bart also reported numerous launch transients - mobile suits and mobile armors.

Bart: Incoming mobile suits and mobile armors from the air and the water. They're attacking, ma'am! GAT-707E Forbidden Vortex teams coming in from underwater. Also detecting numerous airborne GAT-01A2 Daggers. I also show two YMAF-X6BD Zamza-Zah, two YMAG-X7F Gells-Ghe and large numbers of unknown mobile armors...and...we're confirming five GFAS-X1 Destroyers!

Hearing this, everyone looked completely shocked.

Talia: Why are they?!

Arthur: What?! Five of those?!

At that moment, the Destroyers opened fire, and the incoming mobile weapons likewise attacked. The front line of vessels were decimated by fire from the Destroyers"Aupfrall Dreizehn" and "Super Scylla" cannons as well as the "Gamzatov" cannons of the four Zamza-Zahs.

Underwater, the enemy mobile suits closed in, and the first wave of GOOhN and ZnO were devastated by the superior Forbidden series.

Durendal: How could this be?! Damn Djibril!

Officer : Chairman! At this rate...

Durendal: I know. We have no choice! We will begin our attack at once!

Talia: Condition Red! All hands, prepare for battle!

In orbit, meanwhile numerous ZAFT orbital drop ships were in position. As soon as the attack began, the word went out to them. Instantly, a first wave of orbital reinforcements began to fall. And inside Heaven's Base. However, behind the base, massive shutters, designed to mimic the appearance of the terrain, slid open, and the giant wide-range anti-air cannon "Nibelung" was deployed. A refinement of the Cyclops System, it directed its energy in an upwards beam, which allowed it to take out massive numbers of aerial units in a single shot, shocking everyone.

Nhazul: What the hell have those bastards built here?!

Suddenly, Shinn opened up a channel to the Bridge to speak with Talia.

Shinn: Captain, we're ready. Just give us the order!

Talia: Shinn!

Shinn: We have to do this! We can't allow this to continue!

Durendal: Please.

Hearing Durendal give the green light, Talia began giving out orders to their pilots.

Talia: Destiny! Vengeance! Legend! Sabre! Take off!

In the hangar, the Destiny and the Vengeances were first in line for launch, and both were moved into the port and starboard catapults. In his cockpit, Shinn was seething at the thought that a second one of those monster mobile armors was out there.

Shinn: The people who do these things...Logos...damn bastards!

Nhazul's thoughts: We can't allow them to keep doing this.

Abby: Activation of all systems confirmed, launch sequence initiated. Hatch open for catapults 1 and 2. Linear launch system engaged. Catapult online, power levels normal. Course clear. Destiny and Vengeances, cleared for launch.

Shinn: Shinn Asuka. Destiny Gundam, LAUNCHING!

Shinn said as he got the all-clear, and the Destiny shot forward on the ship's catapult, rifle in hand.

Nhazul: Nhazul Hatake. Vengeances Gundam, Launching!

Nhazul said as he got the all-clear, and the Vengeances shot forward on the ship's catapult, dual rifles in hand. The two machines shot forward, moving in toward the battlefield as, behind them, the Minerva's mobile suit teams continued launching.

Abby: Legend, please launch.

Rey: Rey Za Burrel. Legend. Taking off!

Rey said as he got the all-clear, and the Legend shot forward on the ship's catapult.

Abby: Sabre, you are now clear for launch.

Lunamaria: Lunamaria Hawke! Sabre, taking off!

Lunamaria replied, as Sabre shot forward from the central catapult,

followed the Blast Silhouette Flyer, instead of the Storm Silhouette.

Nhazul: Let's go!

Shinn: Yeah!

Rey: Right.

Lunamaria: Right.

As the four Gundams flew forward, they were suddenly engaged by enemy mobile suits. Swearing angrily,

Shinn shot them down with the Destiny's beam cannon ,

while Nhazul was dodging fire, taking them out with his dual rifles. Two remained, one of which dodged an attack from Nhazul's Vengeances and succeeded in closing into melee range. Beam saber drawn, the enemy Dagger aimed a cross-ways slash that, if it connected, would sever the Destiny from shoulder to hip. But the Dagger was too slow,as Nhazul parried the blade, and literally swatted it aside, throwing the enemy pilot off for a split second, in which Nhazul counterattacked with a vicious kick across the enemy machine's torso, before firing into the cockpit, destroying it. The Vengeances immediately fell back,

as a missile barrage from the Blast Silhouette's wing-mounted launchers obliterated the remaining enemy Daggers.

As more mobile suits closed in, but from below Lunamaria had taking them out with her beam rifle, catching them in a crossfire. Unable to ascend, the enemy formation broke laterally...where Nhazul was waiting, drawing his dual beam sabers, Nhazul sped down and spun and closed in on one of the enemy mobile suits, parrying its attack easily, and cut it in half with the saber, before quickly doing the same with the others.

Alarms rang in his cockpit, and he turned just as an enemy Dagger fired at the Vengeances from behind.Nhazul dodged the the attack easily, before a rifle shot from the Sabre killed the Dagger's pilot, and the machine fell.

Nhazul: Thanks.

Lunamaria: Of course.

Nhazul: Nice to know your aim is getting better.

Lunamaria just looked at Nhazul annoyed.

Lunamaria: Hey!

Lunamaria, has always been a quick learner. An hour before the battle she had learned from Nhazul the best way to pilot a Gundam which is vastly different from a standard mobile suit. Inheriting Nhazul's Sabre, he suggested she instead use, the Blast Silhouette. While Sabre is superior to the impulse in speed and mobility with the Storm Silhouette, Nhazul knew it didn't fit Lunamaria's fighting style. With Blast Impulse's Blast Silhouette's heavy firepower, it played to her own specialty as a long-range bombardment specialist.

As the battle continued to rage on, one of the new Euclid mobile armors attacked, firing at the Sabre from behind and below,

Vengeances blocked the attack, then countered immediately.

Nhazul: Remember, Luna. It's just like fighting in space, you have to mind your surroundings.

Lunamaria: Right.

Upon reaching the base, the four of them saw

the Destroyers all switching to mobile suit mode, destroying all of the Earth Alliance mobile suits.

Rey: Shinn, Nhazul! We need to take them out.

Shinn: I know!

As the Destroyers continued firing and destroying mobile suits, Shinn began to become enraged, even further, thinking about Stella and the Extendeds lab they had found.

Shinn: Bastards! Damn you! You guys... You guys too...! DAMN IT!!!!!

Reaching the peak of his anger, Shinn had awakened his SEED mode for the first time, drawing his beam sword and

activating Destiny's Wings of Light, rushing forward towards a Destroyer, dodging all of it's shots.

Shinn: Those people! Those people who do these kinds of things! Logos! I WILL NOT FORGIVE THEM!!!!!

Cutting off one of the arms of the Destroyer, Shinn quickly lunged towards it's head.

Shinn: Look at what this world has become all because of you!!!

Using the Palm beam cannon, Shinn proceeded to destroy the head. With Nhazul, he was rushing towards a Destroyer as well, avoiding it's fire, before blitzing past,

destroying one of it's arms, before drawing and reverse gripping his second beam saber, cutting it in half, destroying it. Looking over, Nhazul saw that Rey had destroyed one, and then looked towards the fourth.

Nhazul: Luna, on me!

Lunamaria: Right!

Flying upwards, both Nhazul and Lunamaria aimed all their weapons at the Destroyer.

Nhazul: Focus all fire at the chest cannons!

Lunamaria: Right!

Both Nhazul and Lunamaria proceeded to

unload their weapons into the Destroyer, overwhelming it and causing it to explode.

Rey: Well done, Lunamaria. I'm impressed.

Lunamaria: Have you forgotten? I earned this red uniform too, you know! 

Nhazul looked over and saw that Shinn had destroyed the final Destroyer, causing it to explode. With the Destroyers now destroyed, the invading ZAFT and Eurasian Federation forces began to move in, the Destiny, Vengeances, Sabre and Legend turned back and began to head back towards the Minerva, their mission over. In the cockpit of the Destiny, Shinn let out a sigh of relief.

Shinn: Finally...it's over... Nhazul.

Nhazul: Yeah...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 3.2K 33
The moral of the story is that people change, even I, someone that you would never expect to fight ended up becoming the person people needed to star...
6 4 3
Rose - Retribution and Love, is a story based on love and revenge between two souls. Trapped into the hatred and Revenge. When complications sets the...
46.1K 4.7K 15
Behind the angelic appearance and the admirable action of a man, lies the dark side-the greedy side that can have a disastrous effect. Such proverbia...
13 0 5
Based after Gundam Seed Freedom, the story focuses on an orphan boy named Viktor Markson, a Coordinator from Orb Union. After two years after the war...