On That Rainy Afternoon

By pinetreewrites

Lovino is having one of the worst days of his life. But when his friend Antonio steps in to help, his day-an... More

On That Rainy Afternoon

71 6 10
By pinetreewrites

A/N: YAYYY ITS BACK FINALLY! OK so I finally rewrote this fanfiction, and now I present to you the NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION!!! Enjoy!

Lovino trudged down the sidewalk, mud splattering around his feet. He kept mumbling under his breath. "Crap, crap, crap," he kicked a rock and shoved his hands in his pocket. The rock splashed into a nearby puddle, causing more water to splash on his now soaked pants. The angry Italian stopped in his tracks as soon as the water hit him. He froze, letting the rain trickle down his wet, moppy brown hair. He just stood there, expressionless for a moment. His eyes began to tear up. He cried, just standing there, out in the middle of the rain, no one else around.

Lovino covered his face with his hands and cried. He had had a terrible day. First, he got a low score on a test he had studied for every night, for four hours straight. Then he tripped and fell during Physical Education, and fell hard. He could still feel the bandage covering his elbow as it began to peel off from the wet rain. And now, he had forgotten it was going to rain, so he left his umbrella at home, in which he lived a few miles from his high school. His brother couldn't pick him up, since he was always hanging out with that stupid potato-eater (those two are inseparable). So Lovino had to walk home. In the rain. With no umbrella.

Lovino cried into his hands. He couldn't tell the difference between his tears and the rain. He fell onto his knees on the sidewalk. He didn't care whether his pants got muddy, they were already soaked. He cried for what felt like ages. He couldn't deal with it anymore. He wanted to be home, snuggled up on the couch in front of a warm fire.

Suddenly, the rain stopped. Lovino couldn't feel the rain pattering on his head. Instead, he heard the rain hitting against what sounded like a piece of cloth. It sounded like an umbrella. He looked up to see a young Spanish man, peering down at him with a worried expression across his face. "Lovino, are you alright...?" he asked, holding out his hand to help the crying boy up onto his feet. He nodded as he grabbed the Spaniard's hand, a light pink blush creeping along his cheeks. Once he finally stood up, he recognized the man immediately. It was Antonio, a senior at Lovino's school. He was in his Biology class. They were partners, and they would chat occasionally, even when the teacher was giving a lecture. Lovino always looked forward to seeing him every day. He enjoyed his company, and they always had fun together.

"Y-yeah, I'm alright," Lovino stared down at the floor, his cheeks burning with embarrassment. "Just, walking home from school, since my stupid brother couldn't pick me up." Antonio held the umbrella over Lovino's head, sheltering the Italian. "How far is your house from here?" he asked. "Well, it's a few miles from here," Lovino looked in the direction of where he was going. "But it's alright, I can get there on my own." He ran his fingers through his still soaked hair. "Are you sure? My house is just around the corner," Antonio said, putting his hand on Lovino's shoulder. "I don't want you to get sick." Lovino looked up at Antonio's face. The Spaniard's eyes were full of worry. "Besides, we could hang out together. We could watch movies, play games. It'll be like our guy's night!"

Lovino stared at the light brown haired boy. He just wanted to go home and get dried off and sleep. But he accepted Antonio's offer, just to be nice, even though he really didn't want to. The Spaniard smiled and they walked together under the umbrella to his house, which really was right around the corner.

Antonio opened the front door and let Lovino in first. Lovino walked inside and took a look around. The house was pretty big, the living room being the biggest room. It had a large flatscreen television with a love seat with a small sofa chair and rocking chair one either side. Lovino took off his sneakers and socks and placed them next to the door. Antonio took the socks and asked for Lovino to follow him. They both walked up the stairs and into a small room with blue walls and a bed in the corner. Antonio searched through the small closet on the left side of the room and pulled out some blue jeans and a red sweater. "Here," he said as he handed the outfit to Lovino. "Get changed and I'll take your wet clothes and put them in the dryer."

Lovino was a little shocked at the Spaniard's kindness. "A-are you sure...?" he asked him. Antonio just smiled at him and walked back over to the closet and grabbed his own outfit. After grabbing a T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants, he walked out of the room. "I'll get changed in the bathroom, you can change in there," he said as he walked into the bathroom. Lovino closed the door and began taking his damp shirt off. He slipped the sweater over his head. It felt warm and soft against his arms and chest. It was a little too big on him, but he didn't care. He then began to peel his wet pants off and pulled on Antonio's jeans. When he was fully clothed, he stood there for a second, thinking about what just happened. "Antonio is being so nice to me, why?" he thought to himself. "Does... Does he... No that can't be it... It's not like I..." his mind wandered. All he could think about was Antonio. His kindness, his actions. A slight blush creeped over Lovino's cheeks, realizing what was happening. "I... I think I like him... No, not like... Love..." Lovino thought to himself. He was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn't hear Antonio knock on the door. The door slowly opened to reveal a concerned Spaniard. "You okay, Lovi...?" he asked. Lovino's heart fluttered when he called him Lovi. "Y-yeah, I'm fine..." he said as he walked out the door.

Antonio smiled at Lovino, making him blush and quickly look away. They walked back downstairs and sat on the couch in front of the large living room TV. "So, what would you like to do first?" Antonio asked Lovino, searching through a pile of video games and movies. "Um, can we watch a movie...?" Lovino said quietly. He sucked at video games, plus he wanted to be able to talk to Antonio, not yell at a TV screen. Antonio smiled at him, and pulled out a couple of movies from the pile. He handed them to Lovino. "Here's some good ones, you can choose any one of them," he said, winking at him. Lovino blushed a little more and took the movies from his hand. He looked through each one as Antonio turned on the DVD player.

Once he found a movie, he handed it to Antonio, who looked at it, confused and sort of shocked. "You really want to watch 10 Things I Hate About You?" The Spaniard looked up at the nervous looking Italian. "I-I just thought..." Lovino stuttered, his face turning a deep red. "I used to enjoy that movie, and I haven't seen it in a long time..." His voice got quieter and quieter with each word. Antonio smiled and took the disc out of the case. "I didn't know you liked that movie," he said as he plopped the disc into the DVD player. "I would've let you borrow it, or had you over to watch it."

Lovino walked back to the couch as Antonio followed close behind. "Well, I-I never thought about asking anyone..." Lovino blushed, followed by a smile by the Spanish boy. "I enjoyed this movie too," Antonio said, scooting a little closer to Lovino. "It has a lot of funny moments, so you'll always laugh." Lovino felt his stomach flutter with excitement and nervousness. He felt his face grow hotter and hotter every second he was with Antonio, his heart growing deeper and deeper in love with him.

As the movie started, Lovino was able to get a better look at the boy sitting close beside him. Antonio had beautiful emerald green eyes that shimmered whenever he moved his head. His brown hair sat in waves on his head, not too curly, and not too straight. His arms looked pretty large and he seemed pretty buff, probably since he helped his family at the farm just out of town. He would always tell Lovino about his visits with his family, and honestly, Lovino wanted to go see it. The farm sounded like a perfect place to relax and have no worries. Not to mention, he would be spending time with Antonio, doing what he loved most. Lovino wondered what would happen if he-

"Lovi...?" Antonio's voice broke Lovino's stare and brought him back to reality. He shook his head and looked away, his face red as a tomato. "Y-yeah, what?" Lovino didn't want to look at him again, afraid he might get caught staring again. "The movie is about to start," he heard a little hint of concern in his voice, but for some reason, he could also hear happiness in it. Like he liked the fact that he was staring at him. "You alright?"

"I-I'm fine," Lovino crossed his arms and looked up at the TV, catching a glimpse of the smile along Antonio's face. "If you say so," he said as he looked back at the TV. Lovino shifted a little on the couch, not sure how to feel if Antonio knew why he was staring.

***

The boys were silent for the entire movie, Antonio watching it attentively, while Lovino took small, short glances at him.  He couldn't help himself, he was so attracted to the handsome Spanish boy sitting next to him.  He loved him so much, but was so afraid he wouldn't return his feelings.

Lovino watched the part of the movie when Kat was reading the poem she made.  He always enjoyed that part, since it was such a deep and meaningful poem.  He was able to relate to her when she says 'I hate that I don't hate you," because he loved Antonio so much.  He felt a tear fall down his cheek, and he tried to hide it from Antonio, but it was already too late.

"Lovi, are you crying?" He asked, smirking slightly.  Lovino blushed bright red and wiped the tear away quickly.  "N-no," he sputtered out, sniffling a little bit.  "I-its just... I-I really like this poem, it has a deep meaning to it."  The Spaniard smiled sweetly.  "Ok then," he said as he moved his body so that he was sitting criss cross facing Lovino.  "Tell me ten things you hate about me."

The Italian sat there, staring at him.  "T-ten things that I hate about you...?" He asked, slightly confused.  Antonio nodded.  "Anything you hate about me, just list it." Lovino looked at Antonio.  What could he hate about him?  He loved him too much to fully answer that question.  But he answered it anyway.

"Well, I guess one would be that you're way too popular," Lovino said looking down at his hands.  "I don't even know how that's possible, but everyone, and I mean everyone, knows who you are." Antonio giggled softly.  "Alright, alright, go on."

"Two, you're always so happy.  There is never a time when you aren't smiling." Antonio raised his eyebrows in confusion.  He scooted closer to Lovino.  The Italian held himself, trying not to blurt out something he didn't want to say out loud.

"Three would have to be that you're so smart," he continued as he could feel Antonio sitting closer to him.  "You always get good grades, and all the teachers love you." Antonio smirked.  "Oh really now?  What else then?"

"Well, four would be that you give the biggest hugs." Antonio tilted his head.  "How is that a bad thing?" He asked, taken aback a bit.  "Well, you have the greatest hugs, hugs that no one else can ever give.  I'm jealous." Antonio laughed, making Lovino blush deeply and look down at his hands.  "Alright, I'll take it," Antonio said after he calmed down a bit.  "What else then?"

Lovino looked up, and the two boys locked eyes.  He was quiet only for a moment when he began to get lost in his own thoughts as they took over his entire body.

"Five, your eyes," he continued, unconscious of what was pouring from his mouth.  "I keep getting so lost in them.  Six, the way you talk.  I can barely understand what you say sometimes, but God, your voice is hypnotic."

Antonio smiled, letting the Italian boy pour his heart out to him.  Lovino could feel himself moving slightly closer to him, like two magnets moving together.  He continued on, still unknowingly blurting out his thoughts.

"Seven, your smile.  Its so perfect and gorgeous.  It always makes my heart flutter when you smile.  Eight, your laugh.  I hate that beautiful laugh you have, it fills me with too much joy."

They were both inches away from each other.  Lovino could barely hold himself together.  He felt his heart pounding out of his chest.  He tried to ignore the butterflies in his stomach and continued.

"Nine, I... I can't stop thinking about you.  You're always on my mind, no matter what I'm doing or where I am.  You cloud my entire thought process."

They were so close that Lovino could feel Antonio's warm breath on his face.  "And what about ten...?" Antonio whispered softly.

"Number ten?" Lovino didn't even have to think about number ten.  "I hate how I'm so madly in love with you, Antonio.  I don't know how to stop it.  I'm just so in love with you."

Antonio pressed his lips against Lovino's and wrapped his arms around his waist.  Lovino felt himself melt into the kiss as he tangled his hands in his hair.  Antonio cupped his hand on his neck, pulling him deeper into the kiss.  Lovino had never felt so happy in his life.  His heart swelled with love, a feeling he never really understood nor felt before.  He felt like he belonged here.  He felt wanted.

After about two minutes, they finally broke apart for some air.  They stared longingly into each others eyes before giggling and touching foreheads.  Antonio smiled sweetly, making Lovino's heart flutter.  "I love you too, Lovi," he said, placing his hand on Lovino's cheek.

And as the movie rolled on, they shared one more long kiss, taking advantage of their moment alone together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
686K 42.2K 106
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
52.8M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...