Loki & The Dark World Remaste...

By the_a_initiative

Loki and The Dark World rewritten. More

before reading.....
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.

chapter six.

8 0 4
By the_a_initiative

"Do we have to... I don't know, hold hands or anything?" I asked awkwardly. It would make sense for me to be touching someone physically to bring them along.

Loki's hand rubbed his chin before he said, "I don't know."

"Well, I don't think it could hurt," I explained. "Last time I accidentally did this, I was with Steve, and we were standing next to each other, and he didn't come with me. So it's better to be safe than sorry," I stretched out a hand to him.

Loki eyed it suspiciously.

"The feeling is mutual. You didn't have a problem hugging me a minute ago," I countered.

He snorted, but didn't say anything. He reluctantly took my hand, and as soon as he did, I felt a tingling sensation buzzing in my fingertips. His hand was big and cold, but I didn't intertwine our fingers.

I stood there, eyes open, focusing on a black space on the wall, trying to decide on a destination. Apparently all my brain could think of at the moment was mine and Tony's favorite donut shop, and it was easy enough to visualize, so I decided on that.

As quickly as I had made up my mind, we were suddenly there. It felt like I had just gone on a rollercoaster, where my stomach lurched forward and I felt dizzy and nauseous. I didn't feel like this when I accidentally projected myself into the council room, so maybe this only happens when I bring someone else along.

I looked up to see that we were, in fact, out of the Helicarrier and standing in front of the shop. Loki was gawking at me, probably impressed.

"That was quite incredible," Loki remarked, dropping my hand and giving me a short pat on the shoulder, and straightening his posture. "Thank you. Although I might vomit."

I gave him a weird look. "Are you bipolar?"

"It's not that I didn't want to hold your hand. I didn't want to throw up," Loki heaved.

I chuckled, but ran my fingers through my hair, parting it in the middle like I do.

"So, what's next? Is this where we split-" I turned to Loki but saw he wasn't there. I gasped, turning my head in every direction to see where he went.

God dammit, I didn't even think about what he'd do if he escaped!

I focused on the crowd and tried to pick out who looked unusual until I finally saw his jet black hair rushing through the crowd.

"Hey!" I yelled, to which he snuck a quick glance behind him, and started running.

I growled as I pushed myself forwards to chase him. Good thing I wore tennis shoes today.

I was finally gaining on him until he picked left when I swore he'd go right. I took the turn too fast and I ran face-first into a wide pole. It felt as if my nose caved in, and my hand flew to my face. It was completely numb and I realized I had bitten my lower lip in the process. I felt my nose to make sure it was still intact, but noticed my fingers were covered in blood.

Lovely.

I looked up to see that I lost Loki. I pulled my sleeve down and wiped the blood with it before a thought occurred to me; I could probably teleport to where Loki is. Maybe instead of thinking about a place in general, maybe I can project myself to where a specific person is.

It's worth a shot, considering it's my only option.

But I can't just disappear in the middle of the sidewalk. Someone will notice.

I'll have to find a quiet, empty place to teleport quickly.

I'll try to find the nearest alley.

* * *

Luckily the alley was abandoned, but it was getting a little too dark outside for my taste. I took a few steps in and stopped. I know how these things go. With just my luck, there'll be someone or something in here.

This alley was on the right side of an ancient-looking coffee shop I've never been to.

While I searched for an empty spot, I decided on what I would try to say to Loki.

It's all my fault Loki's no longer captured. I wasn't the one who released him, but he saved my life, so I owed him a favor. He wanted to escape S.H.I.E.L.D.; okay, I did that for him. But he's not going to flaunt around Manhattan and try to figure out a way to escape his father too. I'm not going to let anyone suffer for my careless mistake. I refuse to let Loki out of my sight after this, because if anyone is going to get hurt it's going to be me.

Suddenly, my skin grew cold. Goosebumps appeared on my arms and legs, and my ears started to hum. I looked around nervously, taking a few steps backwards towards where I came.

I closed my eyes and thought about being transparent, and I quickly opened both eyes to see I couldn't see my hands. Just as I was about to take another step backwards, I heard a heavy grunt come from behind me, and a chill ran up my back.

I froze, too scared to look behind me. I sucked in a silent breath as I felt something brush past me.

Whatever it was must have seen me or felt me, because it grabbed ahold of both my biceps and started to lift me up.

I became visible once it grabbed me, and it lifted me up to its face.

My jaw dropped when I came face-to-face with a monster.

It was at least ten feet tall, with blue skin and black tattooed-markings, and its eyes were a bright, blood red. I stared as the monster gripped me tighter, and I felt my arms start to go numb.

I quickly glanced at my arm and was terrified when I saw my skin turning blue.

As I returned my gaze to the monster, I tried to think of something.

I thrashed in its grip, tried to kick it, but to no avail. It twisted me around so my back was up against its torso, and it snaked its arm under both my armpits to hold me to its side tightly.

I punched its arm as it started to walk further into the alley, but I suddenly had an idea.

Focusing my eyes on the other side of the alley, I thought about manifesting to wherever Loki was. As quickly as I thought of the idea, I appeared right next to him.

In a tree.

Loki almost lost his grip at the sight of me. His eyes widened when he noticed what had happened.

"So you were hiding," I smirked at him.

He gave me a look. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't think I'm that bad to be around," I joked, rubbing my chilly arms. I glanced down at them at the exact time the last patch of blue turned to peach.

"I just prefer to be alone," was all Loki said, eyeing my actions.

Silence filled the air and I tried to think of what to say next, but Loki grabbed my arm. I looked at him funny, but he looked serious.

"Why was your arm blue?!" He demanded.

"I... I was trying to teleport to where you were, but I didn't want to do it in front of anyone, so I found an alley and..." I started, but couldn't find the right words to explain exactly what happened.

Loki waited for my response patiently.

"It's gonna sound weird, but... it was almost like a monster. I mean, this thing was like, ten feet tall and his skin was blue and his eyes were red. I tried to make myself invisible so it wouldn't see me, but it came out of nowhere and he grabbed me-"

"How did you get away?" Loki pushed.

I tchked, embarrassed at my own actions. "After I was done freaking out, I finally remembered I could teleport."

Loki tried not to smile.

"Do you know what that thing was?" I questioned, rubbing my arm self-consciously.

Loki let go of my arm finally, and leaned against the trunk of the tree.

"It had to have been a Frost Giant," was all he said.

I waited. "Am I supposed to know what that is or...?"

Loki just rolled his eyes, and started climbing down the tree.

I thought about being on the ground, and suddenly I was there.

As I waited for Loki to come into earshot, I had a thought.

It's just too damn easy to teleport. It's becoming effortless. What happens when one day I randomly think about a place and I pop up there? Sure, I can take myself back home just as easily, but it's the principle of the fact.

I think I'll start a pros and cons list.

When Loki finally reached the ground, I couldn't help but continue asking questions.

"You can't teleport?" I asked, pointing to the tree.

"No," he glared, "I can make illusions of myself, but I can't teleport."

"Oh. Well, where do Frost Giants come from?" I questioned further as Loki brushed himself off and started walking.

I followed.

"Jotunheim," he replied bluntly.

"Hm. Why do you think one came for me?"

Loki stopped walking, and I was following so closely behind that I ran into him. He turned around as I took a step back, keeping my distance in case my question triggered him.

"How am I supposed to know that?"

I shrugged. "Because you're a great guesser," I said confidently, giving him a smile.

He rolled his eyes again. "What makes you think they came for you?"

I scratched my chin sarcastically. "Oh, I don't know. It wouldn't be the first person to come for me since I discovered my powers."

My words didn't affect Loki.

"I'm not ashamed," Loki held up his hands. "But I can tell that you're not going to help me. I appreciate the favor of helping me escape, but if you can't offer me anything, then there's no reason for us to still be together."

I felt a chill when he said 'be together', but I rolled my shoulders back so the feeling would disappear. It's obvious he doesn't like me, so I can't let myself be attracted to him.

I sighed, shaking my head. "Look, maybe it would help if I could just have some time to process everything and let it all catch up to me."

"I agree-" Loki started to say.

"But, it would make me feel a lot better if I knew you weren't just roaming around," I said.

Loki just stared at me. "You want to babysit me?"

"That's not what I'm saying," I groaned. "Just think about it like this. Everyone is going to think that you kidnapped me, or you talked me into joining you. Either way they're going to come looking for us. If they find you first, they're going to think you killed me or something, and if they find me first, I'm going to have to tell them that I basically lost you. Then they'll come looking for you. Either way, they're going to find us."

Loki seemed to be listening. "The latter sounds like a problem for you."

I glared at him. "Can't you just help me out here?"

Loki was getting annoyed. "Look, I told you earlier; I like you. And, for now at least, I've decided to leave you alone and find some other way to get what I want. And every second I spend around you is another second I could be convincing you, or forcing you. So, me leaving you alone is helping you."

I was speechless for a moment. I can see where he's coming from, but I guess we'll have to compromise somewhere in the middle.

"Well, can you at least give me some more answers before we split up?" I asked.

"What else do you want to know?" He sighed.

"I think you know why that Frost Giant was here," I accused him.

Loki hesitated for a few moments, but I guess decided to tell me.

"I... think your mother sent him."

* * * * *

unedited

-gray avery 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 577 24
Loki is back! This year is going to be crazier than ever, with the goblet of fire and all. However, it only makes Loki more curious. Perhaps he'll fi...
21.4K 697 47
He couldn't catch you in time and watched you slip away from his grasp. Grief plages Loki wishing you would come back to him. To his surprise you ret...
1.3K 66 12
Echo has escaped from her prison and is being hunted down by the captors who endlessly tortured her to near insanity. When she meets a dark alien pri...
129K 5.4K 32
Sequel to Agent Hel and Loving Him.