The Greatest (TLOK)

By JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... More

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

21) Bright and deadly

242 13 0
By JaneMayLily

Thank you for 1K views :)

Sophie POV

"Wake up."Someone shouts and kicks my side.

I groan in pain and annoyance as I'm pulled to my feet.

I open my eyes and see the man pulling me up, along with a man standing behind him with a bandaged shoulder.

"Useless, stupid girl"he grumbles and turns me around.

"You guys still mad about that? I think we're pretty equal."I reply and feel a foot hit my back making me stumble forward.

Definitely still mad.

I walk off the bridge of the ship to see that we had now arrived in the Capital of the South Pole.

I looked around to see soldier upon soldiers climbing into transports and being taken away.

"Where are they all going?"I ask.

"Don't worry, you'll join them soon,"he smirks as we reach a car that looks a lot like one you'd transport prisoners in.

I was pushed into the back and landed hard on my side as my hands were still cuffed.

The drive was long, bumpy and uncomfortable.

I was treated like a prisoner when I had done nothing wrong.

I felt the car stop making me jerk around.

The door is slammed open and I'm being pulled out again.

I was now absolutely freezing as the only thing they had given me was boots as I was still barefoot from last night.

My hoody and sweats did something but still almost nothing against the cold.

I was lead into a tent and forced onto chair.

My hands were tied to the armrests but my feet were free.

It's something.

Then I was left alone with my thoughts till Unalaq comes strutting in.

"Sophie, how nice to see you again."Unalaq says as he walks in.

"I hate you.Your mental and if I could, I would push you in front of a car I built so you'd die a slow, miserable death."I say with absolute hatred.

"How creative but for now you're here to help me."he says and I let of a bark of laughter.

"In your dreams, old man."

"You say that now but soon you'll have no other option but to think otherwise and if you'll excuse me you're pathetic "family" is coming soon."he says and walk out.

"Your pathetic!"I shout and slump back in my seat.

That was a weak comeback

I hear a few guards shuffle and talk outside my tent but other then that I'm all alone.

I'm in the middle of the tent and there's a table at the side.

Maybe if I could shuffle my chair to the table I could use the edge to create friction and brittle the ropes so they are weak enough to rip through.

I start shuffling my chair from one side to the other as fast but quietly as I could.

Once I reach the halfway point I hear a big explosion outside and feel the floor vibrating.

I hear the engine of a plane and the sounds of bending echo through the air.

I attempt to shuffle again but a soldier runs into my tent, the same soldier that I stabbed last night.

"Can't you just leave me alone, pretty please?"I ask as he stalks towards me.

He grabs the back of my chair and drags me back to my original spot before freezing the bottom of my shoes to the ground and walking out again.

"This is a crime!I have the right to move."I shout and let out a huff.

The audacity.

I try to move for a bit but give up and stare at the ceiling after my feet started hurting.

When I hear someone nearing my tent again I look at the entrance curiously .

The fighting had stopped now and I heard the crash of a plane which gave me little hope.

That hope was completely gone when Korra, Tenzin, Kya and Korra's dad were dragged in all battered and bruised.

Once they were all tied up, the soldiers left, leaving me alone with all these unconscious people.

I tried to shout all their names but nothing.

After a bit I heard stirring and Korra and heard dad whispering.

"Korra!"I call out.

She whips her head over to me and I see relief wash over her.

She try's to lift herself further off the ground but fails.

"Sophie! You're okay."she says, breathlessly, probably looking at the bruises on my face and the bit of blood I'm sure I have on there too.

Just as I was about to ask what happened to the rest of the gang, my brothers and Asami were thrown into the tent followed by the twins.

"Your dad's a sad, old man trying to destroy the world.Why are you helping him?"I ask the twins as I look at my brothers and back at them.

"He's a revolutionary world leader."Desna defends.

"Same thing."I reply and shrug.

"Sophie."I hear Mako whisper as he's basically thrown in front of my feet.

"Congratulations, everyone.You've all got front-Row seats for the beginning of the new world order." Unalaq says and I roll my eyes.

What is up with all these Vilians and they're new worlds?

"You don't know what you're doing, Unalaq.Freeing Vaatu won't make you powerful.It will only make you a traitor to everything good that's happened for the last 10,000 years."Korra replies weakly.

"You think what Avatar Wan did was good?Driving almost all the spirits from this world?The avatar hasn't brought balance, only chaos.You call yourself the bridge between the two worlds hut there shouldn't be a bridge.We should live together as one."Unalaq monologues.

Can't he just shut up and tell us his evil master plan and how's going to take over the world.

"Even if Vaatu escapes.I'll put him right back in his prison, just like Wan did."

"It's true that when Wan fused with Raava, he tipped the scale in her favour but this time, I'll be here to level the playing field.When Harmonic Convergence comes I will fuse with Vaatu and become the new avatar, a dark avatar.Your eras going to be over.And your beloved Sophie is going to help me, isn't that right Sophie?"he asks and I feel  all the attention move to me.

"Me helping you?You're more delusional than I could have ever imagined."I say with a bit of humour.

"But Sophie you already helped me so much."he says and I look at him in question.

" 'Izhu,nalina, eh marila balatuna un zari inala' doesn't that sound familiar."he smirks and the realisation creeps into my head.

The random piece of paper I found in the last book I had read in the South Pole, me being able to translate it and the whole thing about something being free.

"You tricked me.What did you do?..What did I do!."I shout as I feel the rage catch fire in me.

And again I was used against my Will for something I don't stand for.

"All I did was plant a text of a forgotten language into the top book of your pile and hope Raava was stupid enough to pick you, decide that you'd be strong enough to withstand Vatuu.Which she should know, no one is.Wan knew he couldn't just keep darkness away forever, their has to be balance.So here we are."he says with humor, as if the whole thing was a joke to start off with.

My chest was now heaving in anger and panick and I could hear my heart beat.

"I will never help you.I would rather die than help build a world the way you want it."I say and hear my bothers mutter something.

"Sadly it isn't that simple.Only you can translate it and you have to say it but I'm not worried.Vatuu has his ways of getting the information out of you.Don't worry you'll find out eventually"he says and walks closer to me.

I take a shaky breath and look him into his eyes.

"You're not going to win.Korra's going to beat Vaatu's ass back into his little tree house and you won't ever be able to stop it."I say with such determination that a person could only hear one thing from these word, truth.

Unalaq looks at me for a second before turning to the twins.

"Keep them locked up after the harmonic convergence.I will come for Korra."he says to which Eska replies a 'Yes'.

Unalaq calls out to the guards and points at me.

"Take her.Don't give her any opportunities to escape.She's important."he says as guards untie me from the chair and roughly lift me to my feet.

I shout in protest, so do the others in the the tent, but that of course doesn't stop the guards.

I hear a few voices shout out to me again but to no use they still drag me after Unalaq.

"I don't know what you're planning but it's not going to work!Vatuu will never give you what you want!"I exclaim but he doesn't even look at me.

We stop just infront of the portal and Unalaq grabs me.

"I'll take it from here, leave."he demands and they turn to leave.

We walk through the portal and when we arrive in the spirit world I gasp.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"he says and pushes me to walk forward again.

"Don't worry soon the entire world will look like this."

We reach a large tree and I recognise Vatuu inside of it.

"You found her."Vatuu states.

"Of course.Now let's get this over with."Unalaq sighs and pushes me too the floor.

Tree roots immediately wrap around my wrists really tightly making me wince.

The vines wrap further up my arms and I feel as if they are also wrapping around my inner spirit.

"Translate it, Sophie."he says and I shake my head.

"No...please...stop. "I choke out as I feel my air being cut off.

"I thought you'd be smarter than this.Don't you want to see a world in which everyone is thriving and equal?"he asks.

"Not like this."I whisper weakly.

I know that they won't kill me but this feeling, this pain, makes me wish they would.

Vatuu says something I can't register and I feel water being bent around me.

"You don't leave me any other choice, Sophie."Unalaq sighs and makes the water wrap around me.

"I wanted to do it the nice way but you have to be difficult, don't you? You know, I can't just heal spirits, I can also corrupt them."he states just as the water starts glowing a dark purple.

Third POV

Sophie's eyes start to go purple meaning that it's working.

Her spirit is being corrupted.

"You're loyalty is towards us.
You will do anything you can
to protect us, even if it means laying down your own life.Now say it, free him!"he shouts as he sets the water back down.

Just as Sophie is about to start, they feel a shift in the atmosphere.

Korra and the others run through the portal thinking they're prepared for anything.

"Free him.Say it till he's free and then help me kill them."he says as Sophie nods, mindlessly.

One of the smartest people to ever exist was now nothing but a shell of who they used to be.

Unalaq flys off to fight them while Sophie turns her attention back to Vatuu.

"The planets, the people, the elements, the spirits.Doesn't matter what, you will rule them all and now you are free."she start muttering.

She feels the connection with the power inside her own spirit strengthen telling her it's working.

She hears someone call for her but doesn't spare them a glance.

All that matters is Vatuu and the start of the new era.

There's a Big Bang and the two portals combine as if to make a bridge.

Sophie feels a wave of energy run through her motivating to repeat it faster.

"...and now you are free."she breaths out for the last time.

Lighting strikes the tree and the roots light up sending a power surge through her.

The vines release her and she stands up slowly.

She lets some of this new found power flow along her fingers and turns to what was once her family, now enemy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 9.8K 96
Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were filled with life and the land with love, b...
47.3K 1.6K 25
īŊĄīŊĨ:*:īŊĨ✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁đ—ŧđ—ŋ𝘆 đ—ļđ—ģ 𝘄đ—ĩđ—ļ𝗰đ—ĩ, 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂 𝘂đ—ģđ—ŋ𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁đ—ĩ𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰đ—ŋ𝗲𝘁𝘀 đ—ŧđ—ŗ 𝘆đ—ŧ𝘂đ—ŋ đ—ŗ𝗮đ—ēđ—ļ𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸đ—ŧđ—ŋđ—ŋ𝗮𝘀𝗮đ—ēđ—ļ 𝘅 đ—ŗ𝗲đ—ē! đ—ŋ𝗲𝗮...
28.3K 967 25
"not a day went by where i didn't think of you both." īŧŠ*â€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™âœŠâ€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™*˚  ˚*â€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™âœŠâ€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™*˚īŧŠ it's been three years. three years...
77.7K 1.5K 31
Suhara is a runaway prince of the Fire Nation, presumed dead by his family. He was taught fire bending at first by his father, but because of being...