The Seed Of Vengeance (Gundam...

By zer0420

Vengeances is a form of reciprocity in which each deed begets another. Each act of Vengeances is a response t... More

Chapter 1 Planted Seed
Chapter 2 Those Who Call For War
Chapter 3 Stardust Battlefield
Chapter 4 Unhealable Wounds
Chapter 5 End Of The World
Chapter 6 Land Of Confussion
Chapter 7 Memorial
Chapter 8 Blood In The Water
Chapter 9 Return To Battle
Chapter 10 Life Of A Soldier
Chapter 11 The Hidden Truth
Chapter 12 Bitter Hostilely
Chapter 13 Shadows Of War
Chapter 14 The Place of Sin
Chapter 15 Life Remaining and Life Scattered
Chapter 16 Fleeting Dream
Chapter 17 Stella
Chapter 19 Fallen Angel
Chapter 20 Eve of Chaos
Chapter 21 Thunder In The Dark
Chapter 22 Visible Scars
Chapter 23 Hellfire of Destiny
Chapter 24 Winds Of Change
Chapter 25 Forbearance
Chapter 26 Fractured Mind
Chapter 27 Departure
Chapter 28 The Song of Truth
Chapter 29 To a New World
(Finale) Chapter 30 The Final Power
(Epilogue) To a New Tomorrow

Chapter 18 World Revealed

834 42 4
By zer0420

(A/N) Shorter Chapter

No one's POV

Currently at an unknown location, the Sabre had flown to a unknown lake after the battle against the Destroyer. Lowering it's hand into the water, on it stood Shinn, who was still holding Stella's body. As Nhazul exited the cockpit and joined him,

he saw Shinn holding Stella's body tightly, crying his eyes out.

Nhazul: ...

In the small amount of time he knew her, Nhazul could tell Stella was not meant to be a soldier,

despite being forced into the role. That under the surface was a girl with a gentle soul who feared death and deserved so much more.

Nhazul: ...

Shinn: It's alright now, Stella... There's nothing to fear...

Shinn proceeded to places Stella's body quietly in a lake.

Shinn: You don't have to suffer anymore...  So...

As Stella's body was placed into the lake, she slowly began to sink into it's depths.

Shinn: Nothing will ever scare you again... No one will ever come to hurt you... Therefore, don't worry... Rest here in peace... Sleep well...

As Stella's body continued to sink further, now becoming out of view, Shinn fell to his knees, breaking down.

Shinn: I said I'd protect her.... I... I said I'd protect her...! Stella! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!

As Shinn continued to cry, Nhazul knelt down, placing a hand on his shoulder. After about a minute, Shinn spoke up to Nhazul.

Shinn: Nhazul... Promise me... Swear to me... Swear to me that you'll destroy the Freedom and it's pilot... Avenge Stella for me... Please...

Hearing Shinn's request, Nhazul narrowed his eyes. The Freedom has been constantly bring death to those around him. His family, Heine and now Stella. Nhazul soon clinched his hands tightly.

Nhazul: Yeah... I will..

(Timeskip)

After laying Stella's body to rest, Nhazul and Shinn had returned to the Minerva. With the battle over, ZAFT and surviving Eurasian Forces spread out in the city, as relief efforts began. The Impulse had been severely damaged, almost behind repair, given they had ran out of spare parts for it, leaving Sabre as the only remaining Mobile suit the Minerva had. Currently, Nhazul was in his room, along with Shinn and Rey, as he heard Athrun knock on his door.

Athrun: Nhazul, do you have a moment?

As the door opened,  he saw Nhazul sitting at his computer, along with Shinn and Rey standing around him.

Shinn: What do you want?

Athrun: What are you three doing?

Nhazul didn't answer, too focused on what he was doing, as Rey nudged him, getting his attention.

Rey: Nhazul, it's Athrun.

Nhazul looked up and noticed Athrun.

Nhazul: Huh? What is it, Athrun?

As Athrun looked at the screen, whatever he had been about to say was driven completely from his mind, as he saw what Nhazul was doing.

Athrun: Is that the Freedom?!

Nhazul: That's right.

Nhazul said, focusing back on the simulation, as he narrowed his eyes.

Shinn: Damn it! What's with his thing?!

Rey: He reacts incredibly fast when the camera turns towards it...impressive use of thrusters as well - he flies it like it was an extension of his own body.

Shinn: The Freedom is more powerful than the Impulse, Sabre or even the Saviour. Yet he controls it so easily...how does he do it?

Nhazul: The title of strongest is ultimately just a momentary thing. And once that time passes, it is nothing but history..

Athrun: Nhazul, Shinn, Rey...what are you three doing?

Shinn: Isn't it obvious? He's running a combat simulation against the Freedom.

Athrun: What?!

Nhazul: I've been doing this since the first time it interfered with us.

Athrun: Why would you want to do something like that?!

Nhazul: Like I said before. I'm going to destroy the Freedom and it's pilot.

Shinn: The Freedom is the most powerful mobile suit in existence anywhere - so if  Nhazul wants to improve his skills, I can't think of a better opponent to practice against.

Athrun: Again with this? Nhazul...

Shinn: Besides, we might have to fight against him again. And I think it's important that somebody at ZAFT knows how to take it down. As it stands, nobody knows what it'll do next

Rey: Athrun. I don't think Nhazul or Shinn are wrong. The Freedom is powerful, I don't know what his intentions are, but he is not part of our forces. A scenario along the lines of what Shinn described is not unthinkable.

Athrun: But they aren't the enemy!

Shinn: What?!

Rey: Why do you say that? It attacked our ship at the Dardanelles, and quite apart from killing Heine, a lot of our crew lost their lives because of it, and he nearly killed you, too.

Athrun: ...

Rey: Although the ultimate battle decisions are made by the higher ranks, nobody can say for sure that the Freedom is not an enemy. So we must prepare ourselves to fight against it.

Athrun: ....

Rey: If it's alright with you, Athrun, it would be helpful to get advice, considering your experience fighting it.

Shinn just scoffed at this.

Shinn: Never mind, Rey. Nhazul doesn't need advice from someone who lost the battle. It be no good to him.

Athrun: What?!

Rey: Excuse him, Athrun. I'll have a word with Shinn later on.

As Athrun looked at Nhazul, seeing him focusing on the simulation, he just left the room, leaving the three of them.

(Timeskip)

A few days later, as the Minerva was continued undergoing repairs in suburb Berlin, Durandal suddenly begins a speech broadcasted all over the world. Video footage of Destroy Gundam in Berlin and the disaster is shown on every monitors around the world, and then photos and names of the members of the military industrial complex, LOGOS, are displayed. Durandal then declares war against LOGOS.

Elsewhere on the Minerva, the reaction was mixed, most surprised, many optimistic. With the true enemy revealed, perhaps now the war could be brought to an end. The screen changed again, once more showing Durendal and Lacus.

Durendal: From the bottom of my heart, I wish for a world that never again knows the scourge of war. And so since Logos continues to block our efforts, I will take this opportunity to announce a global military campaign, with the specific goal of eliminating it and its members!

The broadcast ended, Nhazul just narrowed his eyes, as Shinn just smiled. While the mood onboard the Minerva and in all of ZAFT's installations on Earth was positive, the people in the Eurasian Federation, especially the survivors of the recent attack in the Western Eurasia - were likewise throwing their support behind Gilbert Durendal and his stated goal to eradicate the warmongers of Logos.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 5 43
Ruining a marriage to steal the bride. Finding a spy you never wanted to see. Having your secret life be the hot topic in the media. Nine months to w...
1.2K 255 25
There is a thin line between justice and revenge..
2.8K 63 11
"???:"I've lost everything, everything I know and everyone that I cared about. They're gone, but I'm still here.... for revenge" Revenge? What does t...
1.3K 8 23