Endlessly [Chicago PD] (1)

Da darknight1920

UNDERGOING MAJOR EDITING! Caroline Blake returns to Chicago after four years when a case she was working on g... Altro

Before you read ✔
Cast ✔
Endlessly ✔️
Long time ago ✔
Chin check ✔
Now Is Always Temporary ✔️
Thirty Balloons ✔️
Conventions ✔️
The Price We Pay ✔️
Different Mistakes ✔️
A Material Witness ✔️
At Least It's Justice ✔️
Turn The Light Off ✔️
8:30 PM ✔️
My Way ✔️
A Beautiful Friendship✔️
Book Two!!

The Docks ✔️

474 8 0
Da darknight1920

(Chapter 13)

We were all at the hospital waiting on news about Antonio.

Erin and I tried to comfort Laura, Dawson's wife.

"Hey,he's gonna be okay. Alright?"

"Thank you."

Then a doctor finally came.

"Is he gonna be alright?" Laura asked.

"We're gonna monitor him closely, but he may need a second surgery. He's not out of the woods yet." The doctor exclaimed. At least he's alive.

"Can I see him?"

"Of course."

Laura looked back at us, so we all followed her.

We all greeted him. Then he looked at Hank, "Balden?"

"Gone."

"Those guards?"

"Both dead." Voight replied and I sighed and looked down. This is just horrible.

"Find him."

"We will."

We walked out of the hospital room, Hank went to talk to Eva and Diego, and then gave out orders to Burgess and Atwater.

*****

"Listen up! What Pulpo did downstairs was an attack on our family. First Willhite and now Antonio. So let me be clear. Forget warrants. Forget the rules. It's on us to catch him. And when we do, he's to be handed off to me and Alvin." Voight ordered us back at the precinct.

"They found a possible getaway vehicle up on division." Jin came in.

"Any sign of Pulpo?" Ruzek asked.

"One dead male. No confirmationon the body yet."

"Let's go." Hank said.

"Hey, sarge. I'm just looking for a little clarification on what you just said." Halstead spoke up. I guess he didn't learn that you better not to question Voight.

Hank got closer to his face,"Pulpo ain't making it back to a jail cell. That clear enough for you?" This made Jay nod.

Before I could leave, Erin gently grabbed my wrist. We waited until the others left.

"What is it, Erin?" I asked.

"Annie was here. She agreed to meet Charlie only if I'm there." Erin exclaimed.

"You sure that's a good idea?" I questioned.

"Honestly, I don't know. That is why I need you there with me." Erin claimed.

"Absolutely not, Erin, I'm sorry but I don't want anything to do with Charlie. He's gonna drag us down, again." I stated.

"Care, please I need you with me on this one. I can't handle this alone, I need my sister." Erin sighed.

I pondered for a moment, "Fine." I huffed, "But only this one time, and then we are done with him."

"Deal." Erin smiled in appreciation.

*****

We went out to the scene where they found the car.

"Well, what do you got?" Voight asked the officer.

"All fake. They took a regular van and put the decals on it, so it looks like a paddy vagon."

"The prison transport van that Pulpo escaped in was found six blocks from the district. He ditched it, and he switched to this." Halstead said.

"Where's the body?" Voight questioned.

"Over here." Said the officer then flashed his flashlight over there.

"Driver's wearing a mall security badge someone bought at an army surplus store." Jay said.

"Forensics ID'd the prints. His name's Carlos Guvera. He's a known bagman for the Colombian cartel." Sumner spoke up.

"Oh, and Pulpo couldn't let the guy live to talk." Al said.

"Hey,guys, Pulpo's girlfriend and son were with him. How much you wanna bet he's taking his family unit and hightailing it back to Colombia?" I piped in.

"We got his name and his mugshot at every border checkpoint. Train stations, airports." Ruzek exclaimed.

"If Pulpo planned this far,  you better believe he planned for a way to get out." Voight claimed.

***

Back at the precinct, I was about to go into the locker room when I heard whispering and two bodies were in my way. I gave Jay and Adam a questioning look.

"So we're all willing to just go off book for Voight?" Jay was the first one to speak up.

"Look, I'm four months out of the academy,man. I just do what I'm told." Adam said.

"Even if that means being part of a lynch mob?" Jay questioned.

"If you're asking if I'm gonna turn over my shield and protest, no, I'm not. Are you? I mean-" Adam replied.

"What I'm saying is, what do we do? If we find Pulpo, are we just gonna turn him over to Voight?" Jay asked.

"All right, everybody relax." I snapped. "What we do if find Pulpo, and then we can figure it out." I said and walked back to the bullpen. The two of them behind me.

"Hey, anthing at Lina's house?" Voight asked.

"Marshals stormed it. Came up empty." Ruzek answered.

"What about Lina's family?"

"Her mom's got a place on the south side, came up clean and so did her cell phone records, but I think it's worth a drive-by." I exclaimed.

"Good. Take someone and go do it." Voight said, I nodded over to Sumner.

*****

We got back from the house, it was nothing, I was sitting by my desk going through information.

"Anything on Lina's mom's house?" Jay came over.

"No,zip, but I've got a couple of undercovers parked down the street." I replied.

After a few minutes of silence Jay spoke up, "at the hospital-- I've never heard Voight talk about his father. What's the whole story?"

"Nothing you can't find in the Sun Times archives." I answered.

"You lived with him." Jay pushed.

"Look, all I know is that every time a cop gets shot in this city, Voight gets that same look in his eye." I exclaimed.

*****

"Hey. We've got a hit." Jin announced. "Lina's fake ID, Maria Esposito was just used along with her fake credit card to rent a vehicle from midway 20 minutes ago."

"You got eyes on them?"

"Even better. It's got a gps tracker on it. Got its exact location. Heading north on Pulaski." Jin said and we all grabbed our coats.

"Sumner you're out." Voight spoke up.

"Oh, okay, I'll stay back and watch the-"

"No, you're out of my unit. You're transfered. As of tomorrow, you work in narcotics." Voight claimed. We all turned to look back at him. What's going on here?

"You can't transfer me." Sumner said.

"I already made the call."

"You're making a mistake."

"My mistake was letting you stay around this long. You got the day to pack you desk and pass off your files."

*****

I was swerving through cars, "Where is he?"

"Five blocks up ahead. Still going Northbound." Jay replied.

"I don't see an suv." I exclaimed.

"Hold up. They just pulled off." Jay said, then reached for his radio, "We got a visual."

"No sirens." Voight ordered.

"A lot of people here." Ruzek added.

We all got out of our cars, and started to yell at the people to get back in their cars.

While the others cleared the car, Lindsay and I heard the door bell ring and noticed Lina walking out.

"Put your hands up! Put them up!"

I went inside the shop to look for Pulpo.

"He's not in there." I announced when I walked back outside.

*****

Ruzek and Lindsay were interrogating Lina. She was supposed to pick Pulpo up at 5:00.

"Everyone go back and check every scrap of paper we have on Pulpo. I don't care if it's a jailhouse lunch wrapper he left in the cage. Every known associate, rival, anything you can find." Voight ordered, and went to his office and slammed the door.

I walked over to Sumner, "I'm sorry things didn't work out."

"I didn't get a chance to look at them, considering. Catch this guy. For Antonio." She said and handed me a file. She's good police.

*****

"Hey, guys check this out." I spoke up, after I read through the file Sumner gave me."it's a motion for assets petition filed on behalf of Adres Dias. Someone tried to bond Pulpo out."

"His bond was set at $1 million. He never made bail." Erin said.

"Yeah, but somebody tried. Stepan Nestrov put his nightclub up as an asset, but it wasn't worth enough." I said.

"Nestrov, a Russian."

"Nestrov's part of the Elston Ave crew. Fresh off the boat Russian shipped over to do dirty work for the old-timers, but they decided to break off on their own." Halstead added.

"Yeah, and the Russians hate the Colombians." Lindsay exclaimed.

"Then why'd they try to bond Pulpo out?" Ruzek questioned.

"Just get the address of that club." Voight said.

*****

The guys broke down the door of the club and we all went inside with our weapons in hands.

"Police! Hands up!"

"Everybody hands in the air!"

"Get down on the ground! You too! On the ground!"

"Back's clear!"

"I see a lot more cocaine. No Pulpo." I said.

We took all those people back to the district and put them in the cage.

"Hey, you guys, this laptop you confiscated from his club, I cracked the password, but I can't read any of the emails. They're all in Cyrilic. It's gonna take me forever to translate this." Jin said.

"Great."

"I don't suppose we have a cop on shift that reads Russian too." Adam said.

"I know a guy." Voight spoke up. Never in million years would I thought that he was talking about Otis, from 51.

"So looks like most of these are back and forth to his girlfriend in Moscow. Uh, wait. Here's one about a shipment on Aeroflot." Otis exclaimed.

"What's that?"

"It's a Russian airline." He replied.

"You think it's about shipping coke?" Jay asked.

"I don't know. There's an attachment, tho. Um, it's for a transport trailer."

"You don't need a transport trailer to move a couple of gym bags of coke." Olinsky said.

"Yeah, but you do need one for suvs. This is a bill of lading listing two vehicles being shipped on an aeroflot cargo plane from O'hare to Moscow." Otis claimed.

*****

They put the bar owner in an interrogation room and Otis went to help translate. Pulpo's in one of the containers which leaves at 3:00.

We lead the truck driver to a place away from the public. Pulpo was inside of it. Hank and Alvin put him in their truck.

"You can take off." Hank looked at us. "Now."

"Well, that's that, then." Halstead sassed.

"Go get the driver." I said.

"Yeah."

Jay then somehow got Voight to turn over Pulpo instead of killing him.

*****

We were at a restaurant with Annie, his son, Erin, and me. Charlie arrived late.

"Hey, T. Want you to meet somebody. This is Charlie. Me, Caroline, him and your mom, we all grew up together. We're old friends." Erin spoke.

"Pleasure to meet you, Travis." Charlie spoke up. "You a Bears fan?"

"Yeah." Travis replied.

"Who's your favorite player?"

"Urlacher."

"That's a good choice. But I'm old school. Can't beat Singletary. Your mom still a Packers fan?"

"Don't remind me."

"Tell me about it." Charlie chuckled, then reached over and grabbed Annie's hand. Erin and I watched carefully.

"Well, I just wanted to stop by and say hey. It's been a while." Charlie said.

"Glad that you did Charlie." Annie said.

"You two got a sec?" Charlie asked looking at us.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"We'll be right back." Erin said.

"Girls. Yes or no? Do you owe me?" Charlie asked once we walked away.

"Are you kidding?" I questioned. "Do you have something cooking already?"

"Don't blow this Charlie." Erin warned.

"Yes or no? Do you owe me?" Charlie kept pushing.

Erin and I shared a look, "Yeah, sure." Erin answered.

"Caroline?" Charlie asked. "I guess, yeah." I replied with a sigh.

"Good answer." He said then grabbed both of our shoulders and gave it a squeez, and then walked out of the restaurant. I placed my hand on my hips and took a deep breath, then shook my head, and we walked back to the table. This is not gonna end well.

A/n: only one chapter left of season 1! Can't wait to start season 2. Don't forget to vote and comment, it means a lot to me. <3

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

212K 2.2K 54
Kelly Severides little sister works as a firefighter at 51. But she finds out that her old flame Jay Halstead works in Chicago as a detective. What h...
188K 4.1K 56
In which their lives go on. BOOK 1 : UNDERCOVER BOOK 2 : DETECTIVES TITLE USED TO BE : LAST FIRST KISS. Highest rankings: #1- jayhalstead, #1 - halst...
153K 2.5K 32
A series of Chicago P.D. themed one shots from my Tumblr account (+exclusive content for Wattpad only). Stories range from 1,000 to 3,000 (at most) w...
141K 2.9K 32
y/n moves to Chicago trying to get a fresh start, she becomes good friends with some people over at Firehouse 51. One night she meets detective Jay H...