H.E.R. |d.e

By Maliyahwrites

Having everything revealed More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII

VIII

1.9K 114 32
By Maliyahwrites

Sade lightly tossed and turned in the bed she laid on, her wrist felt heavier as she peaked her right eye open setting it on the Tiffany bracelet that cuffed her wrist perfectly. Rolling on her back she cheesed as Elijah walked over to her snapping photos of her raw reaction. "Stop" Sade swatted him away

"You know I love being your personal photographer" Elijah laughed setting his camera down

"Babe!" Sade squealed shoving her wrist in his face

"You like it?" He asked knocking her hand away, hoping for her to calm her excitement

"Like? I love it, like I love you" She grinned wrapping her arms around his back

"You love me?" Elijah asked looking up and over his shoulder to see her face, more so her eyes clearly

"Of course I do don't be silly"

"How much?"

Sade rocked them side to side the smile never leaving her face " A lot a lot"

Elijah who was satisfied with her answer reached over handing Sage a single black rose as she frowned lightly at the dark color. She knew he knew her love for flowers but she was slightly taken back "Thank you,why'd you choose black?"

Elijah icked over his lips then laid a soft kiss on Sade "Black roses are rare, and so is a woman like you."

Still staring down at her white pedicured toes the deep voice of Kairo and wet salty tears that hit her top lip pulled her out the memory loop that kept replying in her head. "We have to go" Sade let out as she came to her senses pushing at his chest in hopes of him moving quicker.

Kairo who was confused scrunched his eyebrows up at Sade's aggression something he wasn't use too nor liked. "Sade you can't keep running from this. Let me help you"

Sade looked around wanting to be aware of her surroundings before waving him off "You wanna help? I said let's go"

"Mocha-"

"Fine I'll just stay here. Goodnight Kairo" Sade said cutting him off. Kairo always wanted an explanation and he wanted it on the spot and she needed time to process everything before she could break it down to someone else. All she knew was standing outside only freighted her more.

Shakily digging for her key in her purse her trembling hands pulled it out causing Kairo to snatch it as she tried to insert it into the key hole  "Come on" he sighed running his hand down his face as his diamond bracelet collided with his cheek

"No. Just give me my key back and go home" Sade raised her voice still reaching for them,even with heels Kairo still had inches on her

He swiftly pulled his hand from her grasp placing it on her waist instead to hold her still "You know you don't want to stay here."

Sade pursed her lips knowing his comment had truth to it but she wouldn't admit it to "Kairo give me my keys"

"Mocha let's not let a good night turn sour yeah? Get in the truck" He told her motioning his head to the vehicle

Sade shifted her gaze from the rose to him before sighing as she unfolded her arms walking around him and towards his truck, Kairo watched as her hair bounced with each stride as he reminded himself to remain patient. As Sade reached for the handle Kairo's hand overlapped her's. "Never do that when your with me " Kairo told her, his father was a cheater but he adored his mother and always taught the boys how to be well mannered gentleman. Hard on on the outside, but that one woman should hold a sweet spot.

The ride was silent, nothing but light music playing lowly. Sade would glance over at Kairo every so often as his eyes focused in on the road. She didn't know how to feel, all she wanted to do was sleep on it and she hoped he respected that. As they approached his home Sade stayed a few feet back as he unlocked his door, turing on the side lamp for a little illumination. Kairo headed upstairs while Sade slid her shoes off, she could feel the tense energy that radiated off of him. Upon entering the room Kairo kept to himself standing at his dresser unbuttoning his white collared shirt and placing his jewelry in its rightful place. Sade moved around him preparing for bed as well before she made her herself comfortable under the blankets.

"I'm not mad" Kairo sighed as he wrapped his arms around Sade pulling her back into his chest

Sade played with his hand as she tried not to cry "Yes you are. I can feel it" She let out placing his hand on her heart

Kairo placed a smooth kiss on her shoulder "Dolcezza. My anger isn't towards you. I don't like the fear he's installed in you"

" I'm sorry"

Kairo shook his head "You don't have anything to be sorry for. Don't worry about it I'm going to handle it. Get some rest yeah?"

Kairo held Sade throughout the night, for once she could actually say she felt safe, the two slept peacefully until morning when she woke up alone in bed. Sitting up against the headboard her eyes widened at the racks of clothes that covered the room floor. Excitingly getting out of bed she picked through them before placing her eyes on the price tag and knew it wasn't in her budget. A particular dress caught her eye as Sage held it up to her chest on the hanger standing in front of one of Kairo's full body length mirror. She pulled her hair up wondering how she would style it , unknown to her Kairo had made his way in the room watching her before making his presence known.

"Good morning Mocha. How are you feeling? " he greeted

Sade who felt like a kid who had got caught red handed grinned lightly "Good morning, I'm okay"

"Are you?" Kairo asked for clarification as Sade shrugged her shoulders

"I'm trying to be. I want to be." She admitted

Kairo who picked up on her defense mechanisms knew if he pressured her she would only turn away. But if he remained patient and let her get comfortable she would speak her truth on her own time. "Do you want to talk about it?"

She shook her head no playing with the hem of the dress as he took that as his opportunity to change the direction of their conversation. "Did it fit" He questioned pointing to the dress that remained in her grasp.

Sade looked down at her hands slightly putting it behind her back "I didn't try it on. It's gorgeous though"

"I figured you wouldn't want to go back to your place. So I picked a few things for you to choose from"

"A few?" Sade arched her eyebrow at the massive amount of clothes that practically covered his entire bedroom layout

Kairo shrugged not seeing a problem "Pick whatever you like.We leave for Italy in a few hours "

"As in today?" Sade asked as she placed her eyes on him continuing to peak through the racks. While Sade figured he moved the trip up because of the events last night she decided not to dwell on it.

"Yes, and you can wear that dress tonight to dinner"

"You like it?" Sade asked blushing

"Honestly everything I picked I know you'll good in." He assured her

"How'd you know what size to get?" She asked as her picked though the rack full of denim pants in a size three

"A man knows. I have to head out for a while but there is breakfast downstairs. Make sure your bags are packed" Kairo said sighing at the last part

"Why'd you say it like that?"

"Because you love to procrastinate Mocha"

Sade lightly pushed his shoulder before wrapping her arms around his neck "You've got a point but I'll be ready, I promise"

"Make sure the dress fits. I want to see you in it tonight" He told her as they held intense eye contact, Sade kissed his lips agreeing with him before going downstairs to the spread of breakfast she was startled by the man in the kitchen who was helping himself

"Where the fuck is the bacon?" Giovanni whispered to himself as he held a plate not being light on the portions. Sade cleared her throat causing Giovanni to look at her, he couldn't deny her beauty but Sade wasn't his type. "It's rude to stare." Giovanni let out

Sade arched her eyebrow folding her arms across her chest "It's rude to not introduce yourself"

Giovanni side eyed her licking the syrup from his index finger "Introduce myself? In my brother shit?"

"Excuse me-"

"Gio let's head on out" Kairo entered the kitchen interrupting their conversation as he looked at his watch realizing they were short on time. Sade's arms remained folded as she leaned against the wall, Giovanni finished grabbing what he wanted as Kairo shook his head "None of that shit was for you"

"We all gotta eat" He replied stuffing some shrimp and grits in his mouth.

"I'll see you later" Kairo hugged her giving her one last kiss before heading out. Sade let out a sigh as the door shut she did not care for the interaction with Giovanni but the rumble in her stomach made her focus more on the food that was laid out for her. She made a plate to enjoy as she ate it in the bedroom in the middle of the floor as she continued to pick through the racks and pack her bags.
-

Milan, Italy

Kairo lead the way up the extremely long driveway pushing open the double doors to his home causing both of them to cast their attention at the sight of violinist hitting each note ever so precisely as women in loose blue dresses with a single red rose clipped in their hair let their bodies move fluently to the melody in the middle of the foyer. Sade's eyes gawked at the sudden surprise as Kairo carried their luggage inside. "Benvenuto in Italia!" One of the fair skinned ladies spoke as she placed a rose in Sade's hair handing her a glass of wine.

With a grin across her face Sade took the glass "Grazie" she let out clapping lightly for the performance; Kairo slipped each person a generous tip as they began to make their way out. "Wow, this is beautiful"

" I'm glad you like it. I'll take care of the bags while you go upstairs and get comfortable"

"Comfortable?" Sade asked for clarifications still gawking at the structure of the home. Her eyes followed the different paintings that were precisely hung up

Taking his massive hand he cupped her face kissing her lips gently pushing a few loose strands of hair out the way Yeah, hair up no makeup"

"Okay" Sade beamed as she made her way upstairs letting her nails trace the long staircase. Upon entering the master bedroom she instantly noticed the white plush robe with "Mocha" engraved on the back of it. Quickly slipping her clothes off and putting on the robe she wiped her face free of any traces of makeup. Satisfied with how she looked she couldn't help but open the balcony door to take in the scenery. Sade who never been out the country took in the fresh air as her eyes closed briefly.

"You ready?" Kairo asked interrupting her thoughts

Sage looked over her shoulder seeing him still dressed in his grey Nike shorts and white polo tee "Yes. No robe for you?"

Kairo chuckled "I have something nice planned for you."

"You won't be joining?" Sade questioned

Kairo shook his head "Not this time."

The sudden pout that graced Sade's face caused him to chuckle as he gripped her hand leading her downstairs and outside to his private backyard. The length of her robe was so long Sade had to grip the end of it as she followed Kairo through the grass where she would be spending some time. Kairo knew he needed her to be completely out of ear shot in order to dig into her personal life without her awareness.

"Ah! Mr.DeLuca what a pleasant surprise" Elena cheesed at the sight of him not coming alone.

"How have you been Elena it's been a while" He too greeted "I need you to take real good care of her for me"

Elena smiled taking in Sade's energy that radiated off her "Its been years! All is well sir, and of course she'll be just fine."

Kairo turnt to Sade still holding her hand" I'll see you in a few hours yeah?"

Sade nodded puckering up her lips signifying she wanted a kiss which he gladly gave. "Thank you"

"I told you is nothing." He was sure Sade would be thanking him a whole lot on this trip. He didn't think she needed too but that was just her.

"Mrs. DeLuca right this way" Elena spoke up as she prepared to give her not only a deep tissue massage but a facial as well. Sade eyes widened at her word choice while she was shook Kairo only smirked sending her on her way. Making herself comfortable on the table she let out a satisfied sigh as Elena begin to relive the tension that rested in her lower back.

"How do you like Italy?"

"We literally just arrived. It's so beautiful out here. I can't wait to really see the culture and can't forget about the food"

Elena smiled "It sure is beautiful here the land of love. You must be real special." Elena let out now that Kairo was out of sight

"What do you mean?"

"I've know Mr.DeLuca for a very long time he hasn't brought a woman to me in years"

"Really?"

Elena nodded pushing her palms flat into Sade's skin "Well since Sydney of course, now we consider him a popular loner.

"Who's Sydney?" Sade let out with a slight frown gracing her face for the first time since they've landed

"I've probably already said too much. Whatever your doing keep it up he doesn't smile often"

Sade enjoyed the rest of her massage in silence wondering who this woman was and why the relationship never came up in previous conversations. So caught up in her head she came too seeing the sun was starting to set leaving the sky an orange shade. "Thank you so much"

"No problem Mrs.DeLuca. Your husband told me to give this to you once we were finished"

Sade took the note as she read his neat cursive, taking the wine glass with her as she made her way back into the home she followed the instructions on the card. Roughly an hour later she found herself making her way into the foyer as Kairo waited at the bottom of the staircase for her.

Wrapping his arm around her waist he pulled her into him securely "I knew this dress would be perfect" Kairo let out just above a whisper as he took her in amazed at how a woman could be this gorgeous.
-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 6.2K 31
What happens when Tiffany finds Dave? Read to find out ! Part 2 coming soon
48.9K 2.4K 19
short story!
38.3K 543 29
story gets better as it goes on 🤞🏾
EAST By 👽

Romance

200K 8K 31
She got him, he got her. Started: 21/12/2020 Finished: 17/01/2021