bury a friend, try to wake up...

By just_a_lil_sleepy

You and Jones are chilling at GPD drinking morning coffee. The next case is quite a tragedy for you both, esp... More

Chapter 1- Why him...
Chapter 3 - No Way Out
Chapter 4 - Good Luck
Chapter 5 - I Can't Do It
Chapter 6- Tears and Cookies
Chapter 7- I Don't Want To Leave You In Pain
Chapter 8 - Goodbye...

Chapter 2 - Nightmare

127 0 6
By just_a_lil_sleepy

Tw: panic attack, detailed nightmare

.

You get out of the house and look for Jones

▪︎an hour later▪︎

You've looked everywhere but you haven't found him yet. 'Where could he be.. my dear friend..'

You take your car and continue to look for him. In the streets, places that he might have gone to, you look at his house too, but he is not there.

As you pass by the seaside, you notice someone sitting on a rock by the sea. 'That's Jones!'

You immediately park the car and run to him. You try not to startle him and softly call, "Jones.. I've been looking for you everywhere.. are you okay sweetie?"

"Y/n .. why have you came for me.. After all the fuss I've made.. Nathan.." he says and adds while standing up slowly "I couldn't notice. I couldn't notice he was suffering and now he is..Maybe I should just go and apologize.."

"Jones..."

"I'm sorry for making you worry.."

"You have nothing to be sorry about sweetheart.. Please get in the car and let's talk about everything later. You need rest. How about you take a day off and I continue to investigate? You trust me right?" You say.

"Well y/n of course I trust you.. I trust you with my life but I don't know.. do I even deserve to rest?"

"Yes, you obviously do!! Please Jones please stop blaming yourself."

You kindly lead him to the car.

You drop Jones to his house. You ask him if he needs help or if he wants you to stay.

"Thank you y/n but I need to be alone, maybe I'll sleep. Thank you for caring so much when all I do Is worry you.."

"Hey stop with that bullshit already!" You say pouting"This isn't true. I love you so much. You are my precious partner, my best friend. And I care about you. Please take care of yourself. I'll call you later okay? And please do not overthink. We all love you don't you forget that okay sweetie." You kindly smile

"I- thank you y/n Why are you so kind" He tears up a little and you hug him.

"I don't know what I would do without you..'Jones says.

'Poor Jones I hope we find the killer soon and Jones gets better..' you think

▪︎Hours later▪︎

It's 6 O'clock in the evening

You are now in your office, writing down the important details about that case, about the diary.

You look at the clock and realize, you forgot to call him!

'Oh no I hope he's okay' You call him and he doesn't pick up the phone. You get worried and call again. He picks it up a little late.

"Hello? Y/n..?"

"JONES! Oh sorry for yelling how are you doing? I can't believe I forgot to call you. I lost track of time why didn't you answer the phone?"

"Oh y/n I'm okay really.. I was just in the bathroom. Don't worry about me and sorry for being such a drama queen earlier haha.."

"It's okayy and you weren't such a drama queen you are human and you have feelings so please don't blame yourself anymore."

"Okay.. Thank you for being there y/n really."

"You're welcome bestie take care<3"

"You too<3"

▪︎4 hours later▪︎

You and Ramirez have been working for hours and now it's time to go home.

"Goodbye Ramirez, be careful"

"You too y/n goodnight"

▪︎3 hours later▪︎

You are now sleeping. It was hard to fall asleep but you finally did it.

•meanwhile at Jones' home•

Unfortunately, Jones coldn't sleep. All he can think of is Nathan.

'I wish I could have saved him..' he thinks.

He watches videos on YouTube and tries to get himself to sleep. It kinda works.

He finally starts to feel a little sleepy at around
2 a.m .

He slowly gets in his bed, and as he put his head on the pillow, he slowly drifts into sleep.

•In his dream•

"Hahahahah you fool" the person in the shadows says, holding Nathan's body in his arms "LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!! HAHAHAH"

'Wha- what's going on I' Jones thinks

He looks at Nathan's body, all bloody, broken..

'Nathan what...'he tries to talk but the words don't come out.

Nathan suddenly gets up and looks at Jones with his now open and pitch-black eyes. He says "Jones, why did you let.... me.... die?" He tilts his head and quickly walks towards Jones.

Jones is terrified, he backs up, Nathan comes closer, he runs and Nathan runs after him.

He is running away but somehow can't escape. Suddenly everything is red. Everywhere. He sees you laying in a puddle of your own blood, lifeless.

"Y/n what...?" He says to himself terrified.

When he runs to you and gets on his knees you suddenly get up and he sees the killer in your place. The vandetta mask. They're standing in front of Jones. Jones slowly takes off the mask and it's.. Jones himself?

"What the hell is going on" He asks.

The other Jones' eyes get wider and wider as blood starts to pour out of them "What the hell is going on? Did you just ask that? This is reality. Face it. YOU WILL NEVER SAVE YOUR FRIENDS HAHAHAHAHAHHAH!! YOU CAN'T EVEN SAVE YOURSELF" Says his look-alike

"What...are you? Please let me go I-" Jones tells him, but he grabs Jones from his throat and lifts him. Stabs him in his heart multiple times and says "you deserve THIS" with a creepy voice.

• end of the dream •

Jones wakes up in cold sweat. Breathing heavily.

*Gasps* " I- what kind of sick nightmare was that?!" I killed.. them and..I.."

He is now crying so hard. He can't stop crying.

He tries to calm down and breathe but all he can do is cry.

He reaches out to his phone and calls you

Your phone is now ringing.

You wake up and groan. You see It's 5.20 in the morning. "Who is it at this hour??!" You ask to yourself

You notice it's Jones and immediately pick up "Jones, what's up?"

"I- y/n I can't *gasps* I can't breathe.. hel- *gasps*" Jones tries to talk.

'What's happening?! Is he having a panic attack!!?' "Jones sweetie it's okay I'm coming. It's gonna be alright. Try to breathe please.."

You get in your car and continue talking on the phone. "Jones are you alright?" You're panicking but you don't let it show.

"I.... don't *gasps* know.."

"Hang on sweetheart I'm almost there."

"O- kay.."

2 minutes later you are at his door. You are still on the phone but he isn't answering. You can hear him cry. You're not sure if he can hear you.

'Well I'm glad he thought me' you pick the door and rush to his room. He is on the floor, phone is beside him. And he is clenching his t-shirt.

You try not to panic and kindly tap his shoulder "Jones I'm here sweetie. It's y/n can you hear me" he weakly nods. You hug him until he's calmed down a little and give him some water. He drinks it and you lead him to his bed. He thanks you and then passes out.

"He should really rest.. I know! I'm going to bake him his favorite cookies! " You put the blanket on him and turn the heater on. Since cold air could cause nightmares.

You go to the kitchen and start making the cookie dough.

▪︎2 hours later▪︎

Jones slowly opens his eyes

'Why is my throat so sore..? And what is that nice smell..' he gets up and goes to the kitchen.

"Y/n?! What're you doing here?? Well I'm glad but how'd you get in"

"Good morning sunshine!" I picked the lock heheh. Don't you remember tho?" You ask

"Remember? Oh my..! what happened last night?"

"First, you sit down and relax a bit." You say and give him cookies and coffee. Then you get yourself some too and sit next to him.

"No way...are those chocolate-chipped cookies! Y/n
don't tell me you've made them." He says while smiling and taking a bite.

"Yes sweetie I've made them for you. I know they're your favorite. Do you like it?." you ask

"I absolutely love them!." How do you bake so perfect.." he says then adds "Oh y/n btw, what happened last night? I won't freak out don't worry haha."

You think for a few seconds and answer "You had a panic attack.. but I don't know why. You called me and I came here immediately, you couldn't open the door so I had to pick it hehe. Remember that time I told you I could save your life if you teach me lock-picking?" You left out soft chuckle.

"Oh.. I mean that's. Wow. Thank you so much y/n you really saved my ass. And you baked me cookies! Anyway, I've had some panic attacks when I was younger but it's been years.. and I don't know what caused it this time."he says

You ask "maybe a bad dream? I mean it was pretty late night."

'A nightmare!! What was it ah I can't remember I can't but it was fucked up..' he thinks.

"Jones?? Jones, good sweetie?" You ask a little worried.

"Oh! Yah yeah sorry I was just thinking.. I had a horrible dream but I can't remember.. I've just remembered a little stuff but- oh my.." he says and suddenly gasps.

"What's wrong dear?"you ask.

"I ..remember.that dream..! It was so real. Too real to be a nightmare! I saw Nathan and you and you were- oh my.. I killed everyone.. and I killed myself..? The killer.. it was me under the mask I- god what.." he places his head between his hands

"Oh Jones.. this is so terrible.. It's amazing how human brain can make up things and sabotage you.. You are not a monster you are a hero."

"Come on.. after we finish eating let's go to the station. Maybe some new clues can distract you." You suggest.

"Uhm I'm ready." Jones says.

You look at his plate and blink confusedly. "Wow you sure were hungry- WAIT did you eat anything yesterday??"

Jones looks around and looks at you again "Uhmm I may or may not have forgotten to eat soo"

"David Jeremiah Jones."

"I didn't eat anything yesterday"

"Guess we are having a proper breakfast before we begin to work."You say.

"But I'm ful-" You cut him off

"No you aren't"

"Okay mom" Jones rolled his eyes and you both laugh.

'He's finally laughing..I've missed seeing him happy.' you think and smile.

.
.
.

Author note :>

I hope you like it :) I added a soft scene too :3
Bye<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 4.6K 43
𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲! 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 :) 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮...
1.4K 548 64
There's a difference between us... ...but it's only the same. Now that you clicked it, open the book and read it! *** Warning! Mentions of suicidal t...
552 34 12
Have you ever felt so unimaginably lonely? Ever wanted to end your life because things have gotten so unbelievably horrible? Parents misunderstanding...
112K 3K 25
❝𝙄 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩.❞𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝙨𝙚𝙖�...