A Raven's Blessing | Vax'ilda...

بواسطة red_amadeus

"I don't know if I believe in the gods...but I believe in you, Vax." Athena never had it easy growing up in T... المزيد

Character Information
Prologue: Part 1
Prologue: Part 2
Season 1
The Terror of Tal'Dorei: Part 2
The Feast of Realms
Shadows at the Gates
Fate's Journey
Spark of Rebellion
Scanbo
A Silver Tongue
The Tide of Bone
Depths of Deceit
Whispers at the Ziggurat
The Darkness Within
Season 2
Rise of the Chroma Conclave
The Trials of Vasselheim
The Sunken Tomb
Those Who Walk Away
Pass Through Fire
Into Rimecleft
The Fey Realm
Echo Tree
The Scales of Order
The Killbox
Belly of the Beast
The Hope Devourer
Author's Note/Update

The Terror of Tal'Dorei: Part 1

5K 84 14
بواسطة red_amadeus

Warnings: Strong and Sexual Language, Violence & Death

One Year Later

Chug, chug, chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!

The group was currently in probably one of the last taverns in all of Tal'Dorei that would let them in as pretty much every other one had kicked them out at this point. Most of the group was currently partaking in a drinking contest except for Athena, Percy, and wherever the fuck Scanlan had run off to. Percy was leaning against a pole, sipping on some wine, while Athena stood by watching as the tavern cheered the group on. Before joining the group she had never tasted any form of alcohol. Now she was well acquainted with almost all forms of alcohol thanks to her adventures with the group. However, she wasn't nearly at the level of tolerance to be able to participate in their game.

Grog was clearly going to be the winner. He had down most of the ale in the time it took most of the others to do half of what he did. Everyone also had a pink tint to their cheeks while Grog look like he could finish the remainder of their drinks. Grog slammed down his cup as a bit of the ale ran down his chin.

"Yeah! That's right! Who's the best? Yeah!" Grog boasted as the tavern cheered for him.

"Grog wins. Again." Percy said unsurprised.

"Fuck me," Vax sighed, "Why do we always play drinking games with a guy twice our size?"

"Because it's the fastest way to get drunk, obviously," Vex replied.

"Who's drunk? Not me. I'm great," Keyleth limped forward slurring her words. While Athena was a lightweight due to less experience, Keyleth was just a lightweight on her own. "I think we should go to another... another...," she said before retching out all the contents of her stomach. Athena walked to her right side, holding up her hair so she did puke on it.

"Oh, Keyleth," Athena murmured as she continue barfing. Pike came on the other side of Keyleth to help, "Didn't you only have one ale? " she asked. Keyleth let out another round as both of them recoiled at the sight. "Oh. So chunky," Pike gaged. Luckily, this wasn't the worst that Athena had seen out of Keyleth.

An orc came by them stepping on the puke. "Watch it, bitch!" he said pushing the trio while walking past them to his table. Vax came to attention, narrowing his eyes at the orc while Grog stood up, both of them ready for a fight.

"Hey. You watch it, dicknose!" Grog shouted.

"Easy, Grog. We don't waste our time on talking assholes, remember?" Pike said briefly calming Grog down. He sat down with an annoyed look on his face.

"Oi, tavern keeper. Another round for Vox Machina, the greatest band of mercenaries in all the realm," Vex said. She hoped another round would take their minds off of the orc. However, he decided to continue to instigate the group releasing a laugh.

"The greatest? I heard you couldn't even rescue a cow from a burning barn," he said causing the rest of his table to laugh as well. Athena wanted to bust his nose in. The cow was an accident. "Vox Machina." What a fucking joke." Athena was about to run over and teach the orc exactly what Vox Machina can do but Vax placed a hand in front of her signaling he would take care of it. He threw her a wink as he brought his dagger out, spinning it in his hand before stabbing it into the table. Athena blushed like she was drunk with the rest of the lot.

"Let's keep things civil, friend. We're not looking for trouble," he said.

"Oh, I'll bet you ain't," the orc said causing people to gasp in the tavern as he grabbed Vax by the collar. Athena almost jumped from her spot at his action but Vax gave a hand motion signaling he was alright. "Everyone knows you're a bunch of pathetic losers who can't get a fսcking job. Look at your scrawny ass. Too weak to tickle your own pickle," he said with a smirk.

"Are you offering to help?" Vax simply replied. Athena let out a chuckle, totally not expecting Vax to spew that.

"Yeah. U-Uh, well, no. I... fսck you!" the orc shouted realizing what he said.

"Oh, I'm only asking you to give me a hand," Vax said with his own smirk as he seductively placed his hand on the orc's arm before it. Grog came from behind with his axe slicing his hand clean off causing him to stumble back screaming knocking over a few chairs.

"You know, Vax, I think he's willing. Ooh, can I keep this?" Grog asked holding the hand up.

The orc stood up with a grunt with anger in his eyes. "Don't just stand there gawking, louts. Kill them!" he snarled. The group brought out their weapons and charged forward. While they were winning, the group was uncoordinated since most of them were drunk. Everyone bumped into each other causing not all their attacks to hit. A tabaxi came charging forward at Athena but since she was one sober person in the group, she easily subdued him and cut his own hand off.

"Grog, care for another one?" she said as she tossed it to Grog who gladly accepted it in.

"Haha, yes!" he shouted as he threw the hand hitting one of the patrons before using his axe to slice him.

"Why does this happen every time we go out drinking?" Keyleth shouted after she wrapped the dog-like creature (Athena wasn't exactly sure what that thing was) in her vines. Trinket burst through the wall of the tavern at Vex's command and dragged another orc out with him.

Percy tried to get shot off but Grog kept getting in his way, "Grog, step aside!" When he got the perfect shot, his gun just clicked, releasing a small amount of smoke. "Oh, bollocks," he said as he was picked up.

Vax fell beside Athena as she stabbed her sword through the shoulder of a tiefling. She pulled her sword and grabbed Vax's hand, helping him up. "Where the hell is Scanlan?" he asked.

"Where do you think he is?" Athena asked rhetorically. Scanlan was obviously having sex with someone since he wasn't with the group. "Good point," he said.

The tavern owner came up the stair with another case of ale to find their bar completely destroyed as the patrons were fighting "You got to be shitting me." they said as their form changed shaped into a minotaur.

"Stop!" they yelled causing everyone to stop.

"First, you people drink me dry, then you destroy my tavern. And-and what is that gnome doing with my daughter?" they asked. Athena looked over to a hole in the wall with Scanlan, of course, in a bed naked with a woman who at least was having a good time.

"It's probably best you don't know," he said as the daughter pushed Scanlan back down on her.

"Who's paying for all this?" the tavern owner said. Vex stepped forward as she was our unofficial accountant and bargainer of the group.

"Goodness, such a mess. Absolutely dreadful. But I can assure you, darling, Vox Machina will find those responsible...." Vex started but was interrupted by the tavern owner.

"Uh-uh, don't even try it. Money, now."

"Well, you see... We don't exactly have any money on us, per se," Vex started sneakily handing what little money we did have to Vax. Clearly, the tavern owner wasn't buying it as they began to transform. "But if you give me five...," Vex didn't get to finished as the minotaur began picking them all up and throwing them out of the tavern. Athena hit the ground hard. Scanlan stood up still very naked.

"Uh, hello? Yes, excuse me. Ah," Scanlan started wanting to get his clothes back as they were at his face. "Thank you, much appreciated," he chuckled.

"And stay out!" The tavern owner roared slamming the door. The group sat up collecting themselves as Scanlan put on his clothes.

"Does this mean we're officially banned from every tavern in Emon?" Keyleth asked as the group sighed agreeing. Athena wished she could say that she was surprised but it was a running them for the group.

"Wonderful. We've got no money, no place to live and fuck all for prospects," Vax stated.

"Well, perhaps if someone didn't accidentally decapitate the last fellow who hired us," Percy countered looking at Grog as he was throwing the orc's hand in the air happily. "Well, I apologized, didn't I?" he blatantly said.

"We have a mountain of debts and... oh, good... Three silver to our name," Vex said jiggling their fund bag. All the money they got from Maxwell and other various jobs that they were able to complete was completely gone. While Athena didn't really care for money, they did need it for basic necessities. "We need a job. Anything, at this point," Vex finished.

"I mean, if protecting carts from swindlers and killing goblins for gold isn't getting us anywhere, I don't know, maybe... maybe we could try doing some good this time?" Pike asked honestly. As a cleric, Pike naturally wanted to do good in the name of the Everlight. Athena respected her for that even if she didn't really believe in those forces. However, the rest of the group didn't necessarily agree.

"Nah... Boring," most of the group said.

"Pike, ethics are a luxury we currently can't afford," Percy stated.

"Have you guys ever thought maybe we're not really meant to do this?" Keyleth asked. "I mean, Vex and Vax only care about themselves."

"Well, fuck you," they both said. It wasn't completely false or true. Vax looked at Athena thinking about Keyleth's question.

"Grog just wants to murder everyone."

"Yeah, pretty much," Grog said.

"Percy barely wants to be seen with us in public, and Scanlan wants...," Keyleth stopped looking at Scanlan knowing what she wanted to say but too shy to actually say it.

"To bed everyone in the realm. Yes, you can say it, Keyleth. I'm not ashamed," he said proudly.

"Honestly, why are we even together?" Keyleth asked, sighing as sadness filled her.

"Well, while you're all moping around, I have to drain the proverbial basilisk," Scanlan said while walking over to an announcement board to do so.

"I bet you wished you walked away from us now, huh, Athena?" Keyleth asked continuing to mop.

Was this the best group in all the realms? No. They were far from it. But Athena had never thought since she joined about leaving them just because they were in a rough patch. She had been through the worst and this group was the best to happen to her in her whole goddamn life.

"No, Keyleth," she replied looking at her honestly. "There are worse places to be." Keyleth smiled at her response. She didn't think about it from Athena's perspective considering where she had come from. Keyleth just felt like she was letting everyone done back home.

Vax was relieved at Athena's response. He didn't want to imagine her leaving them even though she had every right to. While Vax didn't want to admit it to himself, he had developed a crush on her. He didn't want to push her though since she was experiencing a lot of things for the first time in a new setting. His thoughts were interrupted as Scanlan came running back. He unfurrowed a piece of paper in front of them.

"This! This is our purpose. Fighting for justice, for glory, protecting the kingdom, and stuff. And most importantly...," he said while doing a spin, "Lots of money!" he finished as his pants fell down causing Trinket to snarl. The group read the paper, deciding they have nothing to lose by taking this job, and headed towards the palace.

They reached the top of the stairs of the palace, still tattered with dirt on them from their bar fight. "We're really gonna see the sovereign looking like this?" Keyleth asked. The group reached the palace doors where two guards were posted.

"Halt," one of them said. Vex pulled out the job posting, uncrumpling it, showing it to the guards. "Okay, we'll take you in, but the bear waits outside," the guard said. Athena felt bad for Trinket since his expression visibly became sulled.

"It's okay, buddy. We'll be back soon," Vex reassured him as he sat down.

As they entered the throne room, they could hear the council having a heated discussion amongst themselves. Keyleth tried to get their attention, but they ignored her attempts.

Belch!!!!

Grog suddenly released the loudest burp that echoed through the giant throne room causing the council to turn to the group, halting their discussion.

"I'm sorry, who the hell are you?" the halfling asked. Percy stepped forward since he figured he was the best at diplomatic situations such as this one.

"Vox Machina. You see, it's actually a somewhat clever play on words...," he started.

"Honestly, we don't care," the drow elf interrupted, "Sire, I warned you the notices would attract the scum of Emon."

Okay, that was rude but they did look worse for wear. Keyleth looked like she was about puke at any moment.

"Excuse you?" Vex retorted but still clearly feeling the effects of their drunken escapade.

"I think Sir Fince means a foe this deadly requires more seasoned...," the large blonde human began.

"Krieg, don't bother with these drunken buffoons. Guards?" Fince motioned as guards began to try to push them out. Scanlan pushed past them, he knew how to persuade a person's mind.

"Buffoons? Clearly, you've never heard of the Legend of Vox Machina. Allow me to give you a proper introduction," Scanlan said while pulling out his lute.

"Oh, gods, here we go," Vax sighed.

"Maybe it won't be as long as last time," Athena said, praying it wouldn't be the full rendition. Luckily, it was the short version that briefly highlighted each member. Scanlan more than others. The council looked shocked at the display of Scanlan's song as Keyleth puked putting the finishing touch on the moment.

"Mm, okay. Uh... Uh...," King Uriel began awkwardly, "Give the council a moment to discuss your curious group."

As they were discussing, Athena helped Keyleth stand, grabbing a rag from her side and giving it to her. "You okay?" she asked. Keyleth just gave a silent nod, afraid that would barf again if she tried to speak.

As the discussion continued, Vex felt a sharp pain in her head. She had only felt it when she was near dragons but clearly, there weren't any dragons. She managed to shake it off as the council broke up.

"Very well. You're hired, Vox Machina. Mainly because I like the bear. Lady Allura will accompany you to the Shale Steps, the village closest to the last attack," Uriel informed them.

"So, what exactly are we killing, and how much are we making?" Vax asked. It was why they were there. Gold, not glory.

"We don't know what you're killing, but once you kill it, all this is yours," Krieg said as the guard brought out a golden chest. Athena could see everyone's eyes grow wide at the chest. Even she wanted to see how much of their share might be.

"Uh, one more question. Yeah, how are we supposed to get there?" Scanlan asked.

"A skyship," Lady Allura simply said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The skyship took flight in the air bringing them over Emon. Keyleth and Grog ran around the ship in excitement about being such a contraption. Athena was impressed by its design of it and how it managed to gain flight. She would have never imagined she would be on something like this. She and Percy began discussing the ship and its possible machinery that could have been powering the ship. Athena wasn't as intelligent as Percy but she kept up with him quite well. He was honestly glad there was another person in the group who could understand him when he talked about his inventions. He often thought that if Athena was raised in a place like Whitestone, she might have been in the world of science just like him.

However, the world is a cruel place.

The twins stood off to the side of everyone. Vex had been carrying a look of concern since they left the palace and Vax could feel that his sister was off. Percy and Athena were the farthest away from them so they could only hear whispers. Scanlan came up and quickly derailed their conversation.

"As you can see, the creature has already razed three villages and miles of farmland. If this evil persists, the kingdom will starve to death," Allura said as walked up to the front of the ship with the group. The ship came over the ridge as much of the forest below them had been destroyed.

"This mission sounds kind of deadly," Keyleth nervously chuckled, "Do we really want to do this?"

"Yes, this task is dangerous, which is why only the most noble, heroic and true...," Allura began.

"Yeah, yeah, nobility and heroism is fine and all, but we're in this for the money," Vax said.

"I see. So it's coin over character. Not surprising," Allura said as the ship landed on the ground. The group got off the ship while Allura stayed on.

"The Shale Steps are beyond that hill. Good luck. Please don't, oh, fսck this up, as they say," Allura said as she walked back onto the ship.

"Thanks for the sweet ride. You'll be back to pick us up later, right?" Scanlan asked but the ship already took off. Clearly, she either wanted to get out of dodge or away from them. Probably both. "Yeah, she'll be back."

The group dispersed into the village to try to find out more information on the creature and its attacks. They weren't having much luck but Pike sort of blessed a family house. It was cute that she tried.

Vax and Athena had split off together but found no luck in gathering information before returning to the group. If Vax wasn't paired with his sister, then he was with Athena like a magnet drawn to metal. Vax was moving a silver coin through his fingers as they waited for Vex and Percy to question the fisherman. His little boy came up to Vax amazed at his trick.

"Wow. Are you a wizard?" he asked.

"Nah. The magic's all in the fingers, kid," Vax said demonstrating the trick to him. "And now it's in yours," he said as gave the silver coin to the boy.

"Whoa!" the boy replied as his sister joined them. Athena found Vax's action endearing. He often put up a hard exterior but she enjoyed it when he became his true soft self. She knew this about him the day that they met.

"That's real silver. Keep it safe. There's a monster roaming about."

"You mean flying," the sister said.

"What's that?" Athena asked, not sure she heard her right.

"Something flew right over us. It knocked down the big tree on the hill. We heard wings beating but we couldn't see it in the storm," the girl explained.

"But it was big. Really big," the boy added, his sister agreeing.

Vax and Athena gathered the rest of the group and headed up the hill based on their new information. Trinket was sniffing around trying to pick up the scent of the creature. He eventually found a set of tracks.

"Get over here! Trinket found something!" Vex yelled as they all rushed forward to them. "The tracks are too muddy to discern. But it looks like it took to the air and flew along the coast," Vex said pointing in the direction of the coast.

The group began to descend down the rocky terrain. It definitely wasn't Athena's forte as she had spent most of her life in cities and their underground. Plus she was wearing a heavy set of armor. She tried to use her sword to balance herself but she step on a loose section of rocks causing her to fall on the ground with her sword tumbling down. Vax stopped the sword with his foot from sliding down further. He picked it up and held it out for her as she stood back up.

"Think you'll be needing this?" he asked sarcastically with a smile as she took the sword from him.

"I don't know. Do you think I could punch the creature to death?" she asked with a smirk as she sheath the sword. Athena would sometimes play into Vax's flirts, thinking that he did it for fun. She just didn't know what they actually did to Vax when she did.

"If anyone could, it would be you.....and Grog," he chuckled as held out his hand for her to take. A small blush crept on her cheek as she accepted his hand, helping her down the rest of the steep incline. They traveled down the path until Trinket was able to find footprints again but they weren't the same ones.

"Now they look... human?" Vex questioned as she felt the sharp pain again. "It's close. Everyone, get ready," Vex said as rustling began in the nearby bushes. Everyone prepared their weapons, ready for the creature's attack.

However, a white lamb jumped out of the bush, releasing an adorable noise.

"Get the fuck out. What? A little lamb was behind all the mayhem? Oh, don't let that thing bite you, Vex," Grog laughed doubling over in laughter as the lamb hopped away. However, Vex fell down in pain as she pressed her hands to her temple.

Suddenly the lamb was crushed by a massive claw. The group looked up to be stared down upon by a massive fucking blue dragon.

"Oh, fuck, oh, fuck, oh, fuck. fuck!" Scanlan shouted as the dragon released a lightning breath. The group nearly dodged out of the way except for Grog and Pike who were blasted into a tree. The dragon's lightning made a swoop demolishing the trees around them, and catching them on fire.

"I suggest we run. Right now!" Percy yelled.

"Fuck that. We fight!" Grog roared charging toward the dragon.

"Grog, you dumb, brave asshоlе!" Vax yelled but followed after the goliath along with the rest of the group. The dragon though swapped at Grog knocking him past the others, narrowing and hitting Trinket and Keyleth before smashing into the rocky hill.

"Grog's down already? Come on!" Scanlan cried.

The group threw everything into the dragon but not damaging it. Athena tried to pierce through the dragon's hand but her sword didn't go through. The dragon raised its hand to try to smash her but she quickly dodged out of the way.

The group fell back to Keyleth as she prepared to unleash a spell on the dragon. Clouds began to gather above the dragon as Keyleth called down a bolt of lightning on top of the dragon. Athena felt a bit of relief for a second but the dragon unfurrow its wings, unbothered by the attack. It seemed almost empowered.

"Did I just make it worse?" Keyleth asked. Pike stood in front of the group casting a shield spell, preparing for the next strike. However, the dragon unleashed its attack above them, hitting the peak and causing rocks to fall down toward them.

"Look out!" Athena shouted as the debris fell on them. Athena expected to be dead but opened her eyes to be very much alive but in darkness.

"Uh, get me out. Get-get me out! I'm trapped under Grog's ass!" Scanlan screamed but was muffled by the ass he was trapped under.

Athena felt the rocks around them begin to shuffle as light broke in. She found herself on top of Percy and under Vax. Keyleth had managed to protect them just in time thanks to her vines.

"So... this is what rock bottom feels like," Percy mumbled as everyone unpiled off of each other.

"At least we're still alive, thank the Everlight," Pike said.

"And thanks to Keyleth for the giant shrub. But did you have to make it so thorny?" Vax remarked as he pulled a thorn from his ass.

Athena rolled out her shoulder as it felt like it had been crushed due to all weight that was on top of her. She was thankful that they were all alive too. She looked back to Keyleth who was still huddled in her vine cacoon.

"That dragon. We almost... died," she shuttered. Pike crouched down in front, placing her hands on her.

"Except we didn't die. Because of you, Keyleth. You hear me? We're alive because of you." This seemed to relieve Keyleth as she allowed Pike to help her up and out of the debris.

"Grog. You're hurt," she said noticing Grog was clutching his side.

"Nah. Just a flesh wound. No big," Grog groaned, "Question: Is this normal?" he asked as he removed his hand as blood spurted out of him.

"Oh, no. - Holy shit. I'm gonna throw up," the group recoiled as his wound continued to gush out blood.

"Hold still, old friend. I got you," Pike said healing his wound, causing it to close up.

"Oh, I feel better already. Thanks, Pike. You're the best," Grog smiled.

"That... took a lot out of me," Pike murmured as she felt dizzy from using so much of her power. She fell over but Scanlan caught her before she hit the ground.

"I got you," he said holding her up.

"Oh. Uh, thanks..... Oh, uh, you can put me down now," Pike awkwardly said.

"Oh. Yeah. Uh... yeah," Scanlan said blushing, letting her stand up.

"All right, fuck Uriel and all of this, we're done here. We didn't sign up for certain death," Vax said.

"Must I remind you we gave our word to the council? That should probably mean something." Percy countered.

"Oh, who gives a soggy anսs about the council? The only word I care about is "Scanlan Shorthalt." And yes, I know that's two words, but you know what I'm saying," Scanlan fired back.

"Yeah. What have those fuckity-fucks ever done for us?" Grog said punching the air, agreeing with Scanlan, "Except give us a job and a bunch of gold and treasure and stuff?"

"We've fought a lot of things... but a dragon? An actual dragon?" Keyleth questioned.

"It's not about the council or the contract... it's about these people. They need us. We can't just run away," Pike said.

"This is why I hate traveling with holy people. They're too goddamned good," Percy stated. Athena uncrossed her arms and looked at Pike. She understood where Pike was coming from but they were not prepared for this.

"Pike I understand where you are coming from, but we are no good to these people or anyone else if we die fighting the dragon," she said trying to convince Pike.

"Pike... this creature is beyond us. When Vax and I were young, one of those monsters killed our mother. I've studied dragons my entire life, hoping to find the one that did it. I can... feel when they're close. A horrid pain in my head," Vex sullenly stated.

"Then it's settled. We'll go back to the palace and get out of the contract," Percy said.

"You don't understand, Percy. I felt it there, too, at the palace," Vex quivered.

"Y-You're just telling us this now?" Scanlan questioned.

"I'm sorry. I... I wasn't certain until the dragon... It's been years since Mother...," Vex said on the brink of tears. Vax moved forward to immediately comfort his sister.

"Are you sure, Vex'ahlia?" he asked.

"I know what I felt. Someone on the council must have been in contact with the dragon, or... I don't know, but I-I'm sure it was real."

"Then we walk away. If you say that it is not worth it then it's not. I trust your judgment, Vex," Athena said. Vex was relieved that she supported her in this but would feel even better once they left this place.

"One of them might be working with that monster. Let's just get the hell out of here and never set foot in Emon again," Vax continued, "Can we all agree on that?"

The twins began to go back up the path with the rest of the group following. Pike reached to stop them but to no success. A sad expression came on her face. Athena bent down to her level placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Pike. It just...we are not ready yet for something like this. Maybe one day...we could slay a dragon, but just not today," Athena tried. Comforting people wasn't her area of expertise either, but Pike felt a tiny bit better by her words. Grog went down and picked Pike up placing her on his shoulder. He didn't have the words either but his actions always spoke louder and Pike appreciate it as well. The three of them caught up with the rest of the group as rain began to pour.

They approached the village but were horrified at what they saw.

The town was completely destroyed. Small embers still burned in some of the houses even as the rain fell on top of them. It was a massacre. Vax ran forward, running towards the fisherman's house.

"Vax," Athena whispered knowing that Vax was hurting, thinking that somehow he caused this.

"They wiped them out, all of them," Pike cried.

"Come on," Athena said jogging to catch up with Vax. She pushed back the curtain and found Vax sitting in front of the burnt corpses of the fisherman's family. The rest of the group followed in behind her. Athena placed a hand on his shoulder like he always did for her. He brought his left hand over and place his hand on top of hers.

Aaahh

The sound perked the group's attention as Vax jumped up to investigate the sound coming from the end of the house. Grog came to help Vax lift a section of the house up as they discovered the boy badly wounded but still alive.

"Pike! Get over here!" Vax shouted, carrying the boy holding onto his hand.

"Oh god," Athena thought. His state looked so bad, Pike began trying to heal him but her magic flickered in and out.

"Please, Everlight, let your power reach him," Pike prayed.

"Pike, please," Vax begged. However, Pike's magic fully vanished.

"Shit! No. I can't do it. I'm still too weak from before," she cried. The boy gave out a final exhale as his hand let go of Vax. The boy's blood covered his hand.

"We could have stopped this. Should have," he stifled a sob. He never had felt so weak.

Scanlan began plucking the string on his lute causing the group to look at him as he stood in the doorway.

"What the hell are you doing, Scanlan?" Vax asked.

"Thinking of a rhyme for "dead dragon." Cause I... I guess we're killing one," he sighed.

"I'm in," Keyleth immediately said, "Uh, I mean I'm not gonna lie, I'm terrified out of my mind. But I'm in."

"I don't like losin'... but now I'm feelin' things, on the inside. They don't feel right. So yeah, I'm with ya," Grog said.

"That was... actually well stated, Grog," Percy remarked.

"What was?" Grog questioned.

"Uh, never mind. Count me in as well," Percy said.

"You guys... we're doing this," Pike determinedly said.

"You all realize we're going to die a truly horrible death," Vex stated.

"Perhaps, sister. But we'll die gloriously, and we'll kill a fucking dragon," Vax said. He looked toward Athena who hadn't said anything yet.

"What about you, The?" he asked.

"I guess I am going to have to sharpen my blade," she said with a determined look in her eyes.

It was time to kill that fucking dragon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all like the first episode! You can see how I am going to do things from this.

Also, I want to let you all know that I am a college student with a job so I will not have a set schedule for when I will release these chapters. But just know that whenever I am free I am working on it.

Please vote and comment and I will see you all in the next chapter!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

16K 414 32
"i once believed love would be burning red; but it's golden like daylight." [Seven half-bloods shall answer the call. To storm or fire the world must...
1.2K 41 7
They're rowdy, they're ragtag, they're misfits turned mercenaries for hire. Vox Machina is more interested in easy money and cheap ale than actually...
2.6K 109 17
[ BOOK 5 ] COMPLETE ❌ It's been three months since the dread doctors, the beast of Gévaudan, Theo, Katherine was busy, she's been focusing on schoo...
1.2K 30 5
Thor the god of thunder is dead... murdered by the herald's of ragnarok, the goroth twins y/n thorson, the eldest son of thor sets out into the worl...