just for you || rui x reader...

By ffeymi_jel

"How could you...do that?" he chuckled at the futile question. "To fulfill your wish," he said it nonchalantl... More

(Prelude)
01: A Tale of Fantasy
02: Fantasy is Not Real
03: Fate's Frustrating Game
04: A Confused I
05: Hope?
06: Experiment
07: The Rain
08: Condition
08.5: Blurring
(a/n) a promise from me to you
09: Sleep
11: Selfish
12: Dad
13: Rehab, and My Will
14: Finale (a)
15: Finale (b)
16: Finale (c)
(Afterword 1)
(Afterword 2)
(Side Story 1)
Thank You
Acknowledgements
promotions

10: Tangled Up

1K 45 27
By ffeymi_jel

...? What was that...? A boy...A...car...

* * *

I opened my eyes slowly. I was lying on a desk. Somehow...It feels like I've been sleeping a lot.

The classroom is...empty...

I sat up and looked out the window to my left.

...Huh...?
My eyes opened wide.

I stood up frantically, and ran towards the window, placing my hands on it.

An orange coloured sky. But it didn't look orange.

It was a vibrant blue-- no...pitch black...

My eyes started blinking uncontrollably.

"Agh!" I groaned in pain, falling to the floor as I covered my eyes. A burning sensation from my chest.

My eyes flashed repeatedly.

A summertime blue sky.

...A boy with purple hair.

...A naive little girl.

...Rain...

.........A car...?

"Can you really make something that can let me..."

..."-Time travel?!"

A sharp pain in my head. I screamed uncontrollably.

I held onto the walls for dear life.

"It's him! He made my daughter..."

..."-Like this!"

Like someone was inserting a needle into my head, I screamed.

Panting profusely, I tried easing the pain. It hurt. It hurt so much, I wanted to go to sleep. I would have preferred getting hit by...

Bam.

An uncontrollable ringing sound, pricking at my ears sharply. "Ah...!"

"Sure." a warm...sensation.

Then suddenly, it all stopped.

"Why not?" a smirk.

"Rui."

"My name...is Rui."

Why is Rui...

I...

We've never introduced ourselves.

I shouldn't remember that.

It never happened.

This is something I'm making up. Rui has never said these things. That warm tone, that...

...Younger version of him.

We met on July 16th for the first time. I'd never seen him before that.

I covered my ears. I felt my breaths picking up and my heart rate rising.

Why do I...

Remember...?

I was scared I would forget myself. Who I was, my life, my friends, my family, my identity. Who am I...?

"I'm Y/N. I'm Y/N. I'm..."

"I'm Y/N! Let's be friends!"

I started feeling my eyes droop downwards.

"I'm sorry."

* * *

I stepped into the classroom.

Her classroom.

What would've been her classroom.

The sky...It's breaking apart. Blue skies for a moment then orange and then pitch black.

It's all glitching out.

"Ah..." There she was. On the floor, passed out.

The reason why the world was now breaking was right in front of me. And her.

I stepped forward.

Then, without thinking, I picked her up.

"Hahaha..."

"This is just like you..."

She looked like she was sleeping soundly.

"If not even a fictional world can resolve this..."

I felt like crying. It was unlike me.

"Then what can...?"

* * *

The smell of a hospital.

I was healthy, and had barely been to a hospital before.

So why...is the smell here...

So familiar?

I opened my eyes, but they closed almost immediately. It took an incredible amount of strength to open them slightly.

I examined my surroundings. IV drips. Medicine. A white painted room with plenty of sunlight.

An uncomfortable bed, which I had gotten used to.

...Used to?

Why am I...

I tried to get up, but I had no strength. Like I was drained of all my energy.

I barely managed to turn my head a good ten degrees to the left.

Ah...

Flowers. They smelled really good.

In comparison to the suffocating smell of the hospital..

I tried reaching out with my hands, but they wouldn't move. It hurt, even though they didn't move an inch.

The flowers were freshly picked. Anyone could tell.

But who brought them? Mom...?

Wait...why am I even...

My head had begun to hurt, so I stopped thinking. The last thing I remembered was being in the classroom after being late, so why was I at the hospital?

Ah, this must be all because of...

...hi..m..

......

...?

What was I...just about to...say?

I ignored the odd feeling, and went back to sleep.

* * *

Ah, welcome back, Y/N. You've been coming over more often.

Don't worry about anything. You've been a little unsettled when you come here lately.

Hm? Who am I?

I'm your dad.

Oh, wait. I don't think I was supposed to say that.

Whatever! Haha. Just relax. This is your resting time.

Just close your eyes...as this old man rambles on.

Hmm...I see. You've been coming here often not by will? Falling asleep, that is. Are you really tired? This is why you've gotta take a good nap!

Ah. Your mind is...a mess right now. Just like how your hair is when it's tangled!

But don't worry.

Tangled hair eventually deals with itself. Though, perhaps some action from your side could help.

Do you remember what I said last time? You should start with recognizing your reality.

Something small.

Invoke your deepest feelings.

What's real? What is rooted within you the deepest? What is the truth that you've been seeking?

Your inner lies are enveloping you in such unnecessary drama.

Just calm down, and think about what keeps pestering you every time you attempt to step closer to the truth.

...Hmm?

Metaphorical, of course! Come on, my little girl's got to be able to read between the lines.

Oh, that was a hint.

But I don't think, for your own wellbeing, that I can give you anything more.

Now then, tell me about your troubles! Your reliable father shall conquer all of those for you! Well, uh, I can't physically do that, but...

Together, as father and daughter,

we'll reach some sort of solution.

~ ~

~

* * *

I woke up. Somehow, my mind felt a little more at peace than it was before I slept.

Ah, right. I'm in a hospital.

Though... Right now, I don't think I can do anything.

Until I untangle this mess in my head.

- -
Chapter 10 END

ahaa! we've made it to double digits! cheers for you ヾ⁠(⁠*⁠’⁠O⁠’⁠*⁠)⁠/ and a cheers for me ⁽⁠⁽⁠◝⁠(⁠ ⁠•⁠௰⁠•⁠ ⁠)⁠◜⁠⁾⁠⁾

i was going to add comments here about the story, but it would be too much of a spoiler at this point.

okay, one thing tho: we're reaching the end very soon.

i managed to write this entire chapter in one day! i took long breaks in between, and i'm very happy with the development of the plot so far. ⁽⁠⁽⁠ଘ⁠(⁠ ⁠ˊ⁠ᵕ⁠ˋ⁠ ⁠)⁠ଓ⁠⁾⁠⁾

just one final stretch!

of course,
have a good one!!
-ffey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 46 14
One day, during your usual break, you meet a certain someone that ends up inviting you to his show....will that be the start of something?
21.8K 635 18
good night ; y. amane x f. reader! ━━ ❝ fabricated love my dear ! ❞ &&. just your average , cliche , love story between two teenagers . yet as d...
112K 3K 51
Male reader is an Elemental Dragon Slayer from Fairy Tail. Has an exceed Tenshi, I don't own My hero academia or Fairy Tail, but I do own Tenshi as a...