The Greatest (TLOK)

By JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... More

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

20) A prison and A premier

238 14 0
By JaneMayLily

Skipping episode 10 as that is Korra in the spirit realm so we just carrying on from where we ended off.

(Sorry for not updating but I was on a camp and phones were not allowed)

Sophie POV

I heard the clicking of my heels echoing off the hallway walls as we're guided towards Mako's cell.

The night Mako was arrested I stormed into the police station and almost punched one of the stupid detectives because of the way he was talking about Mako.

One of the two idiots who had arrested him.

I couldn't see him that night but Chief Beifong showed me some pity and gave Bolin and I a pass for today.

Even through I have the feeling that Bolin couldn't care less.

He used a few pity points to get me to agree to join him tonight at his mover premiere, and, let me tell you, I really didn't want to go.

The officer opened Mako's door and told Mako that he has visitors.

I nudge the officer out of the way and run in.

"Mako! Are you okay? Did they hurt?"I ask, grab onto his shoulders and check for any injuries.

"Phie, calm down I'm okay."he says, grabs my arms and pulls me into a hug.

I hear the door close and look over at Bolin.

"Hey, Mako."Bolin says.

"Hey, what's with the fancy clothes?"Mako asks and looks at the both of us.

"We're on our way to the big finale for Nuktuk: hero of the south."Bolin reply's and flexes his muscles.

"Yeah, everyone's gonna be there, except for, you know, you....because you're in jail and stuff."

"Thanks for the reminder."Mako replies sarcastically.

Bolin pulls out a mover poster of his and hands it to Mako,
"I brought this for you.I thought this would brighten up your new place.Read the inscription."

Mako reads it out loud and I roll my eyes.

"Did you two come by just to give me a poster?"Mako asks annoyed and I quickly shake my head.

"No, of course not."I reply.

"I came by to give you my sincere, heartfelt words of encouragement.I know all our lives have been moving in three different directions, but I want you to know that we will alway be there for you.We are siblings, after all, even if two of us are members of high society and the other one is a criminal."Bolin explains and I frown.

"I am not a criminal"
"Mako is not a criminal."
Mako and I say at the same time.

"Of course I know that, but you do kinda look like one, 'cause you're in a jail and that's where criminals live."Bolin puts his hands on his hips.

"I was set up! Varrick knew I had figured out he was hiring gangsters to pose as norther soldiers to get republic city to join the war.That's why he had me arrested, and how could you ever think that I would put Sophie's life in danger!"Mako shouts.

"Ah, I see what you're doing.You're going for the insanity defense.Smart."Bolin stupidly concludes.

"No! I'm trying to tell you that Varrick isn't what he seems.Where's Asami? She'll listen to me."Mako shouts.

"I asked her to come but she said it was too hard for her.You being in jail like this reminds her of her dad."Bolin says looking down with pity for just a second before grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the door.

"Okay, we gotta go but we'll be back tomorrow and I am going to get you the best attorney fame and fortune can buy."Bolin says as I rip his fingers off of me.

"If my theory about Varrick is right, something might go down tonight .Promise me you'll keep your eyes peeled."Mako explains.

"Yeah, okay, big brother."Bolin replies and knocks on the door before dragging me back out.

I tell the guard I'll be back in a minute, to which he nods and let Bolin drag me further down the hall before ripping my wrist out of his grip again.

"Bolin, you can't be serious!"I whisper shout.

"What do you mean, Sophie?
He's gone mad."Bolin shrugs.

"He's our brother, Bolin.How can you act like everything is perfect as your brother, that has only ever sacrificed for you, sits in a small, dirty cell innocently."

"Because everything is perfect to me, Sophie! For once I'm in the spot light.For once I'm not the brother of the guy who gets all the ladies or the brother of the smartest person in human history.For once I'm getting all the attention.Why can't you let me enjoy it ?"he asks annoyed.

"Are you serious right now?"I shout
"Our brother may probably spend the rest of his life in jail but you couldn't be bothered because you're getting the spotlight? What is wrong with you?"I shout.

"Sophie let's just forget all about this for tonight and have a nice evening.So...are you coming or not?"he asks and nods at the entrance holding out his hand.

I look him in the eyes for a couple of seconds before turning my back to him and walking back to Mako, without saying another word.

"Fine!Be like that!Leave like you always do!"he shouts and I hear him storm out.

I walk back to Mako's cell and the officer lets me inside.

"I believe you , Mako."I say as I walk in.

"Don't you have a movie premiere to get to?"Mako grumbles with his head in his hands.

I take a seat next to him and sigh.

"I can't go and live my life like nothing happened while you're sitting in prison."

"You can't do anything about it, Phie? Do you even really believe me?"he asks looking down at me.

"You've always believed in me and...I will always believe you."I reply and stand up again.

I bite my lip and contemplate my next words.

"Mako, I also have a feeling something bad is going to happen tonight."I say and turn towards him.

"Why?Whats wrong?"he asks.

I hesitate but decide to explain it as best as I could.

"I feel like someone is watching me every time I leave home.As if they never takes their eyes off me.Something is going to happen Mako..something bad.I know it will."I explain and feel a shiver run down my spine.

"Did you tell anybody else about it?"Mako asks standing up.

"They would just write me off as either a nut case or paranoid after the whole explosion thing but I'm not, what I feel is true.I'm scared of it becoming true."

Just as he was about to say something there's a banging on the door telling me that I'm going to have to leave soon.

"Ask one of the officers to take you home so you won't have to walk in the dark and tell Bolin as soon as he comes home, you have to promise me, okay?"Mako asks and pulls me into a hug.

"I promise."I say as the door opens.

I mutter a 'bye' before walking out.

I ask one of the officers if anyone could drive me home as I felt it was too dangerous for me to walk alone this late and a female officer had kindly offered too as she understood how I felt while the other two, so called, detectives laughed at my worries calling me just as paranoid as my brother.

Once I reach my front door I slide my high heals off and walk into the apartment.

The lights are off and you can barely see anything.

I felt another chill run down my spine and felt a itch to activate my bracelets which I hadn't done in a while.

I stupidly decided to ignore it and walk into my room.

I change into something warm as I was getting cold, before taking off my bracelets and walking into the bathroom.

I wash my face and when I looked into the mirror I see someone staring back at me and before I can even scream the person attacks me.

I sprint out of the bathroom, shouting for help, knocking over a few things in the process.

I was quickly tackled to the ground letting a scream rip through me.

I manage to kick the person off with one of the tricks Korra had showed me and run into the kitchen.

I grab a knife from the dishes and turn around before stabbing the person with all the force I could muster.

The person screamed and dropped to the floor which gave me the perfect opportunity to sprint for the door.

But before I could even reach the handle I was pulled back and a cloth was pushed over my mouth and nose.

"The quicker you breath the faster it'll be over."he says as everything around me became weird and muffled.

And before I knew it I was knocked out...again.

Third POV

Mako, Asami, Korra and Bolin run up the stairs in a hurry to reach Sophie.

They knew she would have a plan.

She always does.

They might not have the army, but they have Varrick's boat that he so kindly gave them for framing Mako.

With that and Sophie's help their chance to win would exist.

Mako fiddled with the keys but noticed they weren't needed as the door wasn't closed.

He turns around to the others who also had noticed.

They all take a fighting stance and Mako slowly pushes the door open.

He notices that the apartment was now completely dark except for the bathroom light.

Bolin switches on the light for the living room and they all gasp in shock.

"What happened here?"Asami asks as they walk in.

Fallen and broken objects littered the floor clearly showing that a fight had occurred.

Mako kicks them out of the way as he runs further into the apartment.

"Sophie! Sophie!"he shouts into every room hoping to find her somewhere.

"Guys!"Korra shouts from the kitchen,"come look at this."

They all quickly gather in the kitchen and what they see makes a lump form in their throats.

There, in the middle of the kitchen, was a puddle of blood with a knife next to it.

"Who did this?"Asami asks.

"If Varrick had done it he would've told us. Their is no point for him to be doing anymore of this."Mako mutters.

"Could you have been robbed?"Korra asks.

"Not likely as it doesn't seem like they actually took any belongings."Mako replies.

While the others were taking in the scene in front of them, Bolin couldn't stand to look at it.

The last things he had said to his sister weren't nice and the thought of her having to fight these people off, all alone while he was out being a hero and having the time of his life made him want to cry.

He felt as if he had failed as a brother not to just for one of his siblings but both.

"If this isn't Varrick's work then it must be Unalaq's."Korra states.

"What would Sophie know that would make him go through this much effort.Why now?"Asami asks.

"I mean Sophie does know a lot about the army.Things that most of us won't ever be able to know."Korra suggests.

"Sophie did admit to me that she had felt watched for a few days now but I thought it was Varrick's way of trying to send me a message."Mako explains.

"That's how they must have known she was alone and the fact that he kidnaps her this close to the harmonica convergence must have something to do with it too."Korra elaborates.

There's a beat of silence before Korra speaks up again.

"It's time we end this and rescue not just Sophie or Jinora but finish Unalaq off for good."she says and the group nods in agreement.

"She must be so scared"Bolin mutters.

Sophie POV

I'm having the time of my life right now.

In the last few hours or so I have been kidnapped, knocked unconscious, thrown on a boat and discovered that the person behind all this is Unalaq.

Asshole

And anyway what do people have with knocking me unconscious ?

Do I just give off 'please knock me out' vibes?

"I'm hungry again!"I shout through the bars of my cell.

My hands were untied but my cell didn't even have a bed.

I complained but they told me they can't risk me getting all creative.

"No! Last time you tried to bite me!"the guard shouts back.

There's a beat of silence before I groan.

"And you know what!I would do it again!"I shout back.

He mutters something about teenagers and how they scare him but doesn't say anything further.

I sigh and slide down the wall.

The gang better get me out of here because I have no idea how I'm even going to try.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 476 57
Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when The Fire Nation attacked. Only The Avatar, master of all four el...
4.9K 178 29
"You love him, don't you? I see the way you look at him. It's like he's your whole world. I can't possibly blame you for falling in love with someone...
297K 9.8K 96
Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were filled with life and the land with love, b...
866K 23K 78
***CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING*** Broken, filled with loss, pain, and anger of her people's death... she could only hope she had died with them. An Air B...