The Obsidian Arrow

Av CraigAPrice

After a great victory in the elven city of Sudegam, Searon finds himself at peace where he can finally rest... Mer

The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 1
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 2
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 3
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 4
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 5
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 6
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 7
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 8
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 9
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 10
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 11
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 12
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 13
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 14
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 15
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 16
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 17
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 18
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 19
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 20
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 21
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 22
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 23
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 24
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 25
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 26
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 27
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 28
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 29
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 30
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 31
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 32
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 34
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 35
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 36
The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 37
The Obsidian Arrow: Epilogue
The Obsidian Arrow: Author's Note
The Obsidian Arrow: Editing
The Crimson Claymore: Free for Christmas!
Reviews

The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 33

10K 298 26
Av CraigAPrice

Chapter 33:

[Searon’s POV]

            Warm rays of sizzling sunlight dazzled through the room through shades of the open window. Searon rolled lazily, not quite wanting to get up, when his hand came across something softer than silk, his eyes opened cautiously and he looked to his side, shocked to discover Anaela lying cuddled up to him in nothing but her green nightgown. He gulped as he tried to recall events from the night before, but to the best of his knowledge he went to bed alone. The night before he had taken the floor and made sure she was secure in the bed, as was the gentleman custom, at least for him, but last night she wasn’t ready to sleep yet, and his mind was worn. She insisted that he take the bed, and that her thoughts were continuously astray, and she had wanted some fresh air of the night to ponder on all they had learned that day.

            Yet there she was in the same bed as he, and curled up to him, as if she would fall off the bed if she weren’t tangled up in him. He was glad to be wearing his undergarment britches, instead of the way he preferred to sleep when he was alone in a bed, though he couldn’t see himself doing that too close to the gorgeous elf, or else thoughts might go astray when he would awake. The warmth was welcoming, and yet he wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do. In the past she had grown frustrated with him if he got too close, and so how would she react if he would return her closeness. He fought every urge in his body to caress her and hold her tight in his arms. Instead his hand found hers where his fingers entwined with her own, and he grinned to himself and closed his eyes.

            His heart warmed with her so close to him and she shifted in her sleep so that her other hand draped over his chest entangled in his chest hair. He smiled to himself as he felt her warmth on him, and wondered if that was what perfection felt like. For so long he had been miserable with the loss of his family always on his mind, but Anaela seemed to cure his sorrow from the first moment he met her. He didn’t understand it, but instead went with it. His mind was soothed without the constant reminder of how many days and hours had passed since the loss of his family. With her in his life, his past was still there, but it didn’t affect the front of his mind like it had before. He could sleep through the night, and the night before where the two had been cuddled together, was the best sleep he’d ever known in years.

            Anaela stirred and Searon froze, still not relinquishing his hand from hers as she shifted and opened her eyes. They grew wide as they saw where her body was compared to Searon, but she didn’t move. Her breaths came in rapid bursts as she tried to see if Searon were awake, which turned into a gasp when he turned his head to look at her and smile. She withdrew both of her hands, tearing a few strands of chest hair out in the process, and rolled to her side of the bed where she immediately began slipping into more modest clothes.

            Birds began a gentle song outside the window, a soothing chirp that seemed to drag him from his dreams of being in Anaela’s arms. He didn’t want to get to his feet, but knew that he must. Carefully, Searon slid to the edge of the bed where he put on a robe to mask himself from the cool breeze that came from the window.  He looked to Anaela whom still had a terrified look on her face, and knew that in that moment she would keep away from him as much as she was able as she had the time before when they got close. It was something to expect now, but at least he knew that she cared for him, but was too scared to get too close. He still didn’t know why, whether it was because she was afraid of him, or because she was afraid of the elves and what they would think. Stepping out on the balcony with his pipe and tobacco he began puffing on it after lighting it with a hot coal.

            Anaela softly stepped behind Searon holding her breath. She slipped an arm around Searon and hugged him tight in a half embrace. Searon turned and looked at her questionably.

            “I am worried. Without the help of these faeries, at least their magic in some way, I do not feel that we can overcome the army that approaches Sudegam.” She said.

            “I understand, and yet I feel if we stay here too much longer that we will be too late. It would not take them long to find out we have left.”

            “This tension of an upcoming battle that we may not be able to win has me stressed. I needed to feel comfort last night, something to put my mind at ease.”

            Searon turned around and put his arms around her, holding her tightly, not wanting to let go. She allowed him too, resistant at first, but soon she embraced him just at tightly. He felt her tremble in his arms and it was heartfelt to him. She looked up to him with watered eyes, shivering at his gentle touch, wanting nothing more than to stay secure in his arms forever. Searon knew it, but he also knew that she would never admit to it, and that thought saddened him slightly, nonetheless he would never give up hope.

            “You do know that we could never be.” Anaela whispered grabbing his hand in hers.

            “Why, why do you fight the connection that you know we have?”

            “Elves cannot be with humans. It is not permitted; it has always be so, and will always be. It is forbidden.”

            “By whose judgment? Who is it that sets forth these ridiculous rules?”

            “The king.”

            “Elsargast?” Searon uttered. “The king is dead, who is it now that brings such fear into your heart?”

            “What if he was right? What if there was a reason behind it? What if the reason he has forbidden elves and humans is because it is a danger to mix the two races? Have you ever thought of that Searon, burn you!” She shook with tears cascading down her face as she turned to face him. “Well I have! I have thought about it every day since I’ve met you! Every day I have to decide whether to follow my head or my heart, and I never know if I’m making the right choice. Do you know what it’s like to be so unsure of yourself? Not only do I not know where I come from, but I’m having a hard time figuring out where I’m supposed to go. For if elves cannot be with humans for some reason than my heart is wrong, and the pain I feel inside of it is just. However, if it was the king’s ploy to keep the races separate than this needless hurt I feel inside is foolish when all I should do let you take me into your arms as has been on my mind since I’ve met you.”

            Anaela had pushed away from Searon during her speech but he drew her back in close and held her tight. “Shh,” He said, “Everything will be alright.” He stroked her hair gently in his hands as he clutched her tight against him. Her head rested against his chest where she sobbed uncontrollably, soaking into the thick fabric of his crimson robe.

            “All I want is to know what I should do.” She whispered.

            “Those words of discouragement were of the high elf king. You do not know what your own wood elf king or queen would have to say. I did not trust Elsargast when he was alive, and felt that he was hiding much. I say that one way or another that we find the truth to this, because never in my life have I met someone as special as you. Your beauty if undefined by any word, your grace is beyond that of any butterfly, and your wisdom excels that of any scholar. I am entranced by you, as I have not been in such a long time.”

            She pulled away only slightly to look up into his eyes, all worry seeming to distinguish. Her face looked serene and expression bliss. Shivers trembled down her from head to toe as she got lost in his green eyes and trembled once more.

            “Anaela, I want you.” Searon said holding her tight. “I need you.”

            Her mouth opened in a gasp as she stared up at him but before she could form a thought Searon leaned down and pressed his lips against hers. Both of them held in breaths as they kissed and a spark came over them, electricity like lightning from the gods above came over them and seemed to feed on each other like kindling on an fire. They seemed to melt into each other, both unaware of the worries they spoke about only moments before. In that instant nothing else mattered, there was no war going on, no pesky faeries to worry about; it was only them. Together they felt like they could accomplish anything.

            Searon pushed her back inside and she felt obliged to follow his lead. Their lips didn’t part as they moved but seemed to dance in a form that matched their movements. Each moved from top lip to bottom and back again, letting a tongue slip between each other’s lips from time to time. At first they were gentle kisses but as they neared the bed they became more intense with such passion that neither fully realized they had for each other. They melted into each other like butter left out in too much sun, become one with each other. Each heart beat matched the others, fast at first, but soon gentle and slow. He pulled off her green silk dress that she had slipped on over her nightgown and found that he had to take off the gown next until her small clothes were exposed once more. She tore at robes, exposing his bare chest once again, but she didn’t stop there as she nearly ripped off his sleeping breeches.

            He slammed her on the bed where they continued to kiss for a few moments before he kissed her all over her soft skin body, making her moan ever so lightly. He kissed all around her neck down to around her small clothes and all the way back up to her lips. As his lips met hers again he slid his left hand behind her back where it undid the strap holding her lacy green small clothes tops on. She didn’t try to stop him this time, but only shivered at his touch. He climbed on top of her, both now without clothes and stared deep into her eyes. As he leaned in for a final kiss a scream could be heard from outside.

            He turned around and heard more screams echo through the forest and the sound of thrashing. Anaela slipped past him and put her small clothes back on. She rushed to the window and gasped, turning back around to face him with fear in her eyes.

            “What is it?” He asked as he returned his breeches back to his waist. 

            She didn’t speak, but continued to stare blankly out the window before abruptly turning around and securing her green and silver plate mail and cape on. Searon slowly walked forward, uneasy about what he was about to see. He grabbed his plate mail and secured it over leather garments before edging his way to the window. Outside he saw a nacropis destroying trees and plants all around the faerie settlement. Many faeries were shrieking as they attempted to attack the creature, yet many of their arrows and small swords were ineffective to the creature. Some of their magic pushed it back, but Searon knew that they would not be able to contain the nacropis.

            He grabbed his claymore, sheathed it into the scabbard, and dashed out of the door behind Anaela. Both of them arrived to the mother faerie as the other council members surrounded her. Many cast vile looks towards both Searon and Anaela, but he paid them no need, his attention to that of the mother faerie only.

            “Did you bring this creature onto us?”

            “I would never do such mother, and neither would this creature be clever enough to follow us. We can fight it, but you must restore us to our natural size.”

            She nodded and touched both Searon and Anaela against their foreheads. Both felt tingling magic enter their head and shiver down their entire body as they grew. They felt swollen as they grew as if their entire body expanded tenfold with the throbbing of a bee sting. Searon took off his gauntlet and started at his sparkling hand until it seemed to settle and look normal again. His mouth was wide with amazement at the magic, but after a glare from Anaela he closed it, and put his gauntlet back on.

            He rushed forward looking to find the creature only to stumble through a bush and be caught oblivious to its location as its claw slammed into his shoulder, tossing him to the ground. Pain shot up his arm as he rolled on the ground avoid the stinger that continuously buried into the ground on each side of him. Anaela immediately began firing arrows towards the creature; most of which bounced off, but some embedded themselves between shell joints. A small percent of her arrows seemed to turn to ice with enchantment as they left her bow. When they contacted the creature they seemed to freeze parts of its body, but with its strength and rage it shattered the ice on itself before it could spread.

            Hundreds of faeries rushed out, buzzing all the around the creature, appearing as if they were butterflies or dragonflies, and shot magic and arrows at the creature. Most seemed to have no effect to the nacropis, but a few were damaging to the creature, and it grew weaker. Searon used the opportunity to surprise the creature from behind with a slash to its right and left side. It reared on Searon and both pincers and stinger came for him, but he was able to dodge the claw while slicing the tail just above the pincer. He grinned as the poisonous tip slammed to the ground convulsing. Arrows froze the creature at the neck and Searon gained confidence to parry forward.

            Searon’s advantage didn’t seem to last as a pincer crushed his left arm before he could slash it away. He wished he still had the throwing knife he gave away to Starlyn, but knew that she needed it much more than him. The nacropis came at him strong as it grew weaker from the constant arrows at its back from Anaela and the faeries. It pushed Searon to the ground where he lost his balance and hit his head against a rock. He couldn’t move out of the way as the nacropis fell on top of him, but he was able to shift his claymore upward so it penetrated through a soft spot between its shells before collapsing on to of Searon. Everything surrounding him became a blur as he wondered if the creatures poison had gotten to him or if it were only the intensity of the hits that made everything become dark.

#

            Searon awoke with a splitting headache that felt like it was ready to tear through his skull. The light surrounding him was too bright that made him not want to open his eyes. He stayed still for a moment as his head continued to spin around him, until he regained control of himself before opening his eyes. When he did he noticed Anaela staring down at him with concern in her glistening green eyes. She knelt on the ground on her knees, holding a washcloth against his forehead, as small buzzing faeries circled all around her.

            “How long have I been out?” He asked closing his eyes once more.

            “Since yesterday.” Anaela said leaning in to kiss his forehead.

            Warmth spread through him at her gentle touch that seemed to give him strength. “Is it dead?”

            “Yes. You killed it.”

            “I had help.” He smiled.

            She blushed, “The council is seriously considering helping us now. However, they are under the impression that the creature followed us here. They do not like the fact that their location has been revealed, and so I think they are upset with us.”

            “There is no way that creature could have followed us here. They are too large and too loud to go unnoticed from the likes of us.” He said.

            “I know, but they don’t know that. All that they see is since we’ve stayed here with them; an unknown creature has attacked their home. They want us to leave, and I think it’s a good idea.”

            “Perhaps we have stayed too long, I fear for the safety of Sudegam if a few of these creatures are slipping through.”

            Anaela got to her feet and offered her hand down to Searon. He was reluctant to take it at first, not wanting to admit to needing help from her, wanting to be strong for her, but he swallowed his pride and let her help him to his feet. They stood there for a moment, staring into each other’s eyes, mesmerized by the sight of each other, and becoming lost in a world where everything around them seemed to disappear.

            Searon stepped forward, still holding both of her hands in front of him, until his face was mere inches from hers. He moved his right hand up to her face where he tenderly touched her cheek and smiled as she blushed. His hand tousled her hair before placing a strand behind her ear so he could better see her face. She fell into him where he embraced her tightly and pressed his lips against hers. The faeries surrounding them broke out in song and whistles, but neither of them cared. Everything around them seemed to turn white as they spun around in circles embraced with each other. She no longer tried to stop it, no longer tried to run from him, but finally accepted the feelings that both of them shared.

            The kiss lasted for several minutes before the two of them finally broke away. Neither of them wanted to, but they knew they couldn’t stay there all day despite how good it felt. Searon stood still for a moment as his emotions got the better of him and he stared at Anaela’s gorgeous face. He knew there was no other place he would rather be. The past few years were a blur without a purpose for his life. When he met Anaela he knew something had changed but he wasn’t quite sure what at the time. Everything seemed to be falling into place after their first passionate kiss, especially now that she was no longer trying to fight her feelings.

            He didn’t want to think of anything else but her, but something kept surfacing to the front of his thoughts. How could that scorpion find its way all the way south, past the defenses of Sudegam unnoticed, and happen to find both Searon and Anaela? It didn’t seem logical that the creature could have such excellent tracking skills, even an elf would have had a hard time tracking both Searon and Anaela with the path that he left. He was careful not to leave any sign of travel, and Stripes was an excellent horse about not stepping into the ground too hard. The stallion’s footsteps were light and quick, more so than any other horse Searon had ever known.

            “The nacropis couldn’t have followed us. It isn’t that intelligent or that stealthy.” Searon said.

            “It doesn’t seem likely… but what else could explain how it got here?” Anaela asked.

            “Arria.” Searon said.

            “Arria…” She whispered, widening her eyes. “She knows we’re here.”

            “She must have followed us. Only she could be stealthy enough to pull it off. The only problem is if she knows where we are.”

            “Our friends may be in danger.” Anaela whispered.

            “Sudegam.” Both said together.

            Searon turned around and whistled into the wind, calling out to his stallion, which came galloping at his call. He nodded to Anaela who already gathered her things, fear now showing on her beautiful face. The stripes on his horse gleamed in the sunlight, making the lines of black and white beautiful against the shadow of the forest. Searon secured the saddle and hopped on followed by Anaela.

            A faerie flew up to Searon, “Where are you going? Do you not still wish the help of the faeries?”

            “I wish for your help, but I no longer have time for your games. The elven capital is in danger, my friends are in danger.” Searon said.

            Searon pulled the reins of his stallion and galloped into the forest. He pushed Stripes as fast as he dared, showing the horse the importance of their task. Anaela held tight against his waist, a security that kept a smile on his face, despite the distress of the situation.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

11.6K 1.2K 45
When disfigured corpses begin appearing at random during the night in Baedorn, the citizens of the city-state cry demon and call for aid from Antenox...
6K 308 45
Old feuds, new worlds, and a love that will last a lifetime... Ever since her dad mysteriously abandoned her family, life on the Clifton Estate hasn'...
804 46 29
Kaitra has finally managed to escape from the Granziar dungeon, her companions, and her destiny and return to her home and her mountain. She is dete...
176 1 34
Clifton Wilkerson has been living in White Bridge for his entire life, until it's burned by dragons. His family is gone and he is sent to his aunt's...