Magical worlds best magizoolo...

By LavieEstInutile

Lots of stories about newt scammer and of course we have to do angst! I LIVE of angst anyway I hope you enjoy... More

Meltdown
The unwanted day off

New and cocky

8 0 0
By LavieEstInutile

Newt was always 'strange' well to everyone else anyway but he didn't mind he had his animals and his friends that was all he needed. No one would have thought the small skinny and shaky Hufflepuff would become the minister of magic's first professional magizoologist well at least that's how he saw it, it could be described as he went out and across the world to rescue and help animals and then take care of them just like he had done before but now he would be paid not that he really cared about that, you see working with the ministry promised the animals better care as he got more resources to help as well as people (teenaged volunteers) This is where are story starts.

"MR NEWT" yelled a young lady with vibrant yellow hair that made newt's eyes slightly sting.
"Yes Ezra" newt replied not turning around from what he was doing as he was completely focused and in his element.
"A growler with a tail wound has been spotted in an area near to here" Ezra said a tinge of fear in her voice, the reason she was newt's favourite was the fact she knew so much about the animals, not as much as him but still and she was kind and willing to help anyone or anything without hesitation making her slightly gullible.
"right... well who's next on the list" newt asked turning round a bit to fast making him wobble slightly but it was a pretty normal sight for everyone now so nothing was said.
"I think it's jamie" she said discussed coating her words. she as did all the others have a STRONG dislike for Jamie well at least that's how she put it.
"Well can you get him for me I need to get ready for this trip" newt said his voice trailing of as he walked away to his cabin of things.

When newt re-appeared he held two grey-ish green backpacks one for himself and the other for... what was him name jam... jasmine... JAMIE that's it. Jamie in question was a bratty newcomer who had already got a reputation for his quote 'idiotic behaviour' his brown hair stood up, his face along with his outfit shined with privilege and his eyes looked bored obviously he didn't want to be here but his parents were rich and snobbish so had decided sending him into the ministry as a volunteer would be perfect for his reputation and future but probably being to stupid to look at what the job actually was he was shoved into a job perfect only for the most caring of people.
"Here's your bag" newt said dropping a heavy bad into the clean and unworked hand of the teen who's face filled with horror at the thought of carrying something so dirty and old.

All the way there this kid was complaining making newt's mind foggy and unfocused which really wasn't very good considering the beautiful animal they were going to help. A growler was a lovely creature at least in newt's eyes it had a very short temper and it would attract if it felt at all in danger it would even attract unprovoked with its sharp claws that could kill a man with ease, the creature had strong amber eyes that could see all around and if you were lucky enough to become a trusted friend of the growler you would find it's fluffy fire coloured fur warm and soft. The animal was easily recognised by its loud and violent-
"Input growling noise"
"WHAT WAS THAT" screamed Jamie from behind newt who finally clicked into reality slightly more then he was moments before. This kid knew nothing well this was going to be difficult.
"That jamie was the growler that we are going after" he said trying to hide his annoyance the growl of the animal was easy to know and yet all Jamie could be bothered to do was complain.

Once they got to the clearing where the growler had been sited newt should have noticed that this particular growler happened to be an old friend one who had healed ages ago and already had a bond with newt but of course with Jamie there blabbering on and trying to push all of newts buttons which he happen to be very good at it would've never gone to plan.

The growler was laying down calm when he recognised newt's sent once these beings had grown to like a human it could never be turned around but its strong nose smelt distress and anxiety in newt and a very annoying little boy walking up to it he got defensive and began showing signs of attack.

"You call this thing dangerous HA" Jamie scoffed walking way to close to the wary animal. Time seemed to slow for newt at the growler launched and his options should have been clear but his brain was foggy and anxiety filled stopping him from knowing the basic things he needed but he had to think fast it was his job to protect these kids he had promised it and when an idea came into mind he had to take it to save the stupid little kid who annoyed everybody so much.

The growler swiped with enough energy to kill the kid.

A pain filled scream.

Blood covered the floor.

Jamie stood horrified at the sight in front of him, a now bloody and very cut up chest of newt who had quickly curled into a ball from the pain. The emergency phone was in both bags and luckily the dimwit had remembered at least that.
"Hello newt what's wrong" said a woman on the other side surprise filling her voice as she had never expected to have a call from this emergency phone as newt was the best at what he did and she really didn't expect what the voice on the end of the line had to say.
"It Jamie newt has been hurt and now I'm all alone with some kind of monster" the words hurt both newt who was semi conscious and the woman who seemed to realise Jamie only cared for himself and no one else.
"Well Jamie I'll be there right away hold still" she said her voice trying to stay calm and drown out the worry newt was strong after all he would live... right.

Tena on the other side of the call had ran to the animal caretaking room and looked around for a little girl called Ezra who newt would constantly be talking about she seemed to know her stuff.
"Hi your mrs Tena right newt talks about you a lot I'm Ezra!" Said a cheery voice from behind her well at least she had found Ezra.
"Hi Ezra newt needs your help can you get the healing equipment ready" Tina said trying to keep Ezra as calm as possible, but she could already see the growing fear on the little girls face her respect and loyalty to newt and the animals was amazing.
"Right away please make sure he's safe" she yelled running away to get everything ready. Tena used her magic to get to newt's location hoping it would be fast enough to save him.

"NEWT!" Tena screamed when she saw the dying man on the floor with a worried looking growler standing over him.
"FINALLY now get me out of here this scene could traumatise me and then we will sue!" Grouched Jamie from the side of Tena who gave him an ugly side eye in response. Newt lay in the fetal position passed out from the pain and blood loss which only made Tena worry more. Tena recognised the animal as one of the growlers newt had treated before and was confused at why it had attacked not to mention that newt didn't use any of the multiple protection items he had packed. Calm as she possibly could she glided towards newt hoping not the animal wouldn't attack her as she had been introduced to it when it was first in newt's care.

The animal seemed to understand her movements and want to help listening to her voice and watching her.
"I need to take newt back for help as well as you" she whispered when she was close enough the growler calmly nudged the limp body of newt towards the woman almost begging for her to save him.
"I'll be right back I promise, don't hurt the growler" she said to the growler and Jamie before disappearing. When she landed back in the ministry the medical equipment was ready along with a lot of very worried faces. Newt was wheeled out to get help and no matter how much Tena wanted to go she new she had to get the growler and Jamie back.
"Who knows how to take care of a growler tail wound" she said to the crowd of teens hoping one of them could at least help her and of course only one hand raised, she was not the only one who knew how to heal a growler, but she was only one brave enough at the moment after seeing newts wounds.
"Perfect wait here and I'll get the growler I need the rest of you to deal with Jamie" this was received with a lot of frowns but no disagreements and they new how much respect newt had for the woman.

Tena got back with the growler and introduced it to Ezra showing how much she trusted the girl would make it calmer and more excepting to the help. Although it only took minutes to help it felt like days she really wanted to go see how newt was doing and at the first sign of her being able to she rushed to the medical wing to see newt laying down unconscious his wounds slowly healing thanks to grace there medical expert. After some time newt began to wake up at first his vision is blurred but he blinks it away with ease before slightly pushing himself up to look at Tena wiping away a tear.
"What happened" it was a normal question for what happened well at first at least "to the growler and Jamie?" of course, he would be more concerned with others especially when it involves the safety of his animals.
"The growler is being taken care of by Ezra and Jamie is just grumpy now can you tell me what happened" her voice was calm but laced with worry, and a slight touch of anger that only newt could ever pick up on. Newt felt ashamed at how stupid he was, he had purposefully put tons protection into there bags and instead of that he used his own body. stupid and disappointing. Tena seemed to sense his frustration and cupped his hand in hers.
"I'm not mad I just wanna know"

Newt explained the story fully how his mind was foggy and how his emotions must have set of the growler as well as Jamie's stupidity not forgetting to add in his own leading up to his injury. He finished his story just in time for Grace to come in and say he would be fine if he took it a bit easier for the next few days. With this knowledge he slipped out of bed Tena happy to be his crutch till he got to a chair.

In the end the ministry decided Jamie was a threat to the health of newt and refused to let him come back... maybe there were other benefits with working with the ministry.

[Hi I'm really happy with the outcome of this and I hope you enjoy it!]
Word count = 1958

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 23.6K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
180K 6.5K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
88.5K 1.7K 34
๐€ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐‹๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐š ๐‹๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐จ๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ญ...
972K 60.1K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...