Melancholia ~ Sonadow

By BurgundyAngel

After a huge realization on how lonely and unloved he felt while at a friend's wedding, he fell deep into wan... More

Chapter 1 |Finding Him|
Chapter 2 |He Loves Me|
Chapter 3 |He's Mine|
Chapter 4 |I'll See Him Soon|
Chapter 5 |The Real Him|
Chapter 6 |No Thank You|
Chapter 7 |My Heart Burns For You|
Chapter 8 |Secret's Out|
Chapter 9 |Do I Have To Say I'm Sorry?|
Chapter 10 |Flower For Your Thoughts?|
Chapter 11 |Flowers, Ribbons, and Truth|
Chapter 12 |My Apologies|
Chapter 13 |Watching You, Watching Me|
Chapter 14 |Birthday Blues|
Chapter 15 |Unfolded|
Chapter 16 |Hate to Love You|
Chapter 17 |The Influence|
Chapter 18 |Twist Your Words|
Chapter 19 |The Innocent, The Guilty, The Trapped|
Chapter 20 |Silence Before The Storm|
Chapter 21 |Love Is Temporary|
Chapter 22 |River of Blood|
Chapter 23 |Broken Family|
Chapter 24 |Black Heart|
Chapter 26 |Unfavored|

Chapter 25 |Eyes Closed|

217 14 9
By BurgundyAngel

|Sonic's.POV|

"Somehow I knew you were gonna do this stupid shit." I groaned.

"Am I really that predictable?" He rolls his eyes and sits on the edge of the bed.

"Once I found your gun, it made sense why you and Blaze hated each other." I fought back a smile.

"I don't understand the correlation." He tilts his head. Of course, what more should I expect from this idiot?

"She hates that kind of stuff, didn't you see her reaction to it?" I went on with a smug attitude.

"When a gun is pointed at you, the only thing going through your mind is fear. Understandably, I would be too, especially if it was my own best friend." He spits. Maybe I'm the idiot.

I glance over at Shadow who seems to be waking up again. His familiar body twitches are all I recognize in this room. The crazy rich person in front of me was once another person in the background of my life. My ex-friend used to spout about how amazing he was, then again I knew she would talk similarly about me. I guess she's not the best judge of character.

"You had a lot of nerve to do what you did." Silver smiled at me. Of course, it wasn't in a friendly way. Sinister and has ideas racing through his mind.

"I'm just upset that I didn't shoot you first." I snarled. If only I realized how stupid that sounded.

"You didn't shoot at all." He laughed.

I hate that it's true. I was ready to do it but I couldn't help but panic at the thoughts going through my head. If I could go back I'd...still fold under the pressure. I've never shot someone, the mess and the brutal sight just make me wanna vomit. Yet, it was all I needed to do to secure my goal of taking down this rich asshole.

"Your silence speaks plenty." He smiles as he makes his way to Shadow, still on the floor. Helps him up and drags him over to the bed in front of me.

"Your friend is awake." He coos at me while keeping Shadow propped up on the bed.

Muffled noises from Shadow, that's all I heard from him. He's not fully there I don't think he's drunk. Possibly on some other substance.

"What's wrong with him?" I tilted my head up to see him better. Silver smacks his hand against Shadow's barely conscious face, eliciting a twitch in his eyes.

"Shadow!" I nearly manage to jump but constraints bring me back to the reality that I can't.

"If I was you, I'd pray that he never wakes up." Silver spouts his nonsense. I hate it when a person alludes to something but doesn't give any clue as to what they mean.

"Some context would be nice." I roll my eyes. I'm not intimidated, much more irritated if anything.

"Compared to the rest of us, he's your favorite person to use." Silver sits back on the chair in front of me. "Your twisted satisfaction in using him to cover your misbehavior is amusing. Looking back at all the things you did, it makes sense how easy it was to blame Shadow for everything. I knew something was off about you but the gun thing settled my suspicions." He crosses his arms and leans back in his chair.

"Blaze probably held you back, huh?" I tilt my head up to him.

"All she told me was that you were very sick. Believe me when I say I wished it was something as fixable as taking cough medicine. Finding out about all the medication that goes through your system was the alarm." He mumbled that last part.

"So what does this have to do with Shadow waking up?" I finally ask.

A twitch from his lips, I can see that he's trying to hide a smile, maybe a laugh.

"My wife and cousin may have thrown me to the curb from your actions. I could just kill you myself, but I don't see much satisfaction in it, to be honest with you. Once I put it together, I just know Shadow would take the ultimate satisfaction from doing whatever he wants to you." He finally smiles.

"Kill me?" I snort.

"It's up to him, you did ruin his life, and this is the only way to repay him. I don't think he'd let you off that easy."

I think that's just...

Hilarious.

"Have you met Shadow?"

A spurt of cockiness and a twitch of content for my situation is making me a little dizzy. It's taking everything within my being to hold in my laughter.

"He couldn't kill even if your life was on the line." Maybe a laugh was more, but I preferred to keep a smile plastered on my face because how could I not feel that way towards this fool?

"Nothing is on the line. No consequences, just revenge. Considering your history, it's perfect for a suicide sob story." He smiles down at me like he wants me to feel belittled.

"Aww going down the staged suicide route, huh? You're so tacky." I rolled my eyes.

He leans close to me and pinches my ear, "Aren't you precious?" His fingers brushed against my face as his smile grew wider. We both heard Shadow leaning up from the bed and we turned our heads simultaneously towards him.

"Count the minutes." Silver flashes a glance.

"You know he's not capable of doing what you want him to do, right? He can barely stand up straight." I point out the obvious. "For someone who claims to be his best friend, you aren't aware that he's not the type to kill someone. Even someone like me..."

Of course, it's stupid. I have no reason to be afraid of Shadow. I know he's not pleased with my actions but he'd never just kill me.

"Look at me."

Silver's fingers snap in my face and I see Shadow finally sitting up on his own.

"I don't care what he wants, you will be dead before I leave this room. Even if he chooses to do nothing, I'll do it myself."

That gave me a chill, I'll admit.

Shadow coughs a few times before finding his voice.

"Silver?"

I wasn't intimidated but I also wasn't expecting the door of the room to be slammed open. I see Amy stomping her way in with a gun in her hand. This was the last thing I expected and to be honest it was more scary than Silver had been trying to be this whole time. But I do admit that the most worrying part of it was Silver's lack of hesitation to pull out his gun and point it at Amy. My eyes widened at the thought of seeing how messy this could get. If Amy was ready to risk going to prison for murder, I don't think she'd mind shooting me next.

But this was very far from how she normally was. Her stance was strong and bold, no doubts, and certainly lacking empathy in her eyes. I feared her more than Silver just because of the unexpected approach. Shadow remained still and in panic, I was too but I had no other choice, tied to a chair didn't allow me the grace of possibly making it out alive.

"You're fucked up." Amy spurts with no thoughts.

"You would've done the same. With everything this asshole put us through, you should be killing him with me." Silver proposed the idea with a serious tone that felt cowardly.

"I'd rather kill you." Amy pushes the limits and steps closer to Silver while he remains still and cowardly.

"How many times do we need to do this? You can't kill people and expect the rest of us to keep up with your secrets. We've been here too many times, it's exhausting." She surprises me with her next move. As she kept walking up to Silver, I could see the panic in his eyes. The regret. He's killed people before. That gun I found was used for actual murder.

Amy's gun perfectly aimed just an inch from Silver's head. At this point, Silver's gun was pointed at the floor, maybe he wasn't acting cowardly but...guilt?

"I'm not doing this for you anymore." Amy cried softly but kept a strong tone in her words.

"Shadow..." I whispered to him, but he never granted me his attention. His eyes widened at the sound of a click. Due to instinct I just closed my eyes and the next thing I hear is the sound of a gunshot. Followed by a body dropping to the floor. I was too afraid to look. I just kept my eyes closed and prayed in my head that my death would be quick.

I feel the ropes around my wrists and body being untied. My eyes never peaked once. I could smell the fresh flowers from her, the natural scent she always possessed. It was comforting but terrifying.

"Get up." She firmly commands.

I weakly stand up from the chair and feel my legs getting wobbly. I don't know how long I was tied to it but my body was barely able to stand on its own. Shadow followed suit and we both stared at Amy. She was pissed.

But gladly not enough to have the gun pointed at us. I didn't have to turn my head to notice the blood on the floor pouring from the body I refused to look at.

"I really should do the same to you both. Especially you, since you started this." She glares at me.

"You said he's done this before?" I don't even dare to move.

"You have no idea how often he's moved cities to cover up murder. I begged him to move here since he'd be closer to me and I could keep an eye on him. When Blaze came into the picture I thought he'd be fine and his dumbass wouldn't get into trouble." She glares at Silver who is still alive but has one hell of a wounded leg. His pain hasn't settled in and he's too much in shock to make any noise.

"Then you happened. You just had to fuck everything up." She aggressively throws her gun to the wall, creating a hole.

"Everything could've been fine if you weren't selfish." She pinches my ear and shoves me away. Her aggression didn't end with me, she slapped Shadow.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" She cries in his face.

Shadow remains silent for a moment before scoffing and leaving. It was dramatic and quick. He wasn't even pissed, just disappointed.

"You all told him the same thing." I rolled my eyes. Now that the gun was out of sight, I wasn't on edge. "You can't just push someone away after they've spent all that time trying to warn you." I laugh a little. The lack of a gun doesn't save me from getting slapped as well.

"I know you all told him that he was being dramatic and it wasn't that big of a deal." I never let my smile fade from my face.

"What would you know?" Amy spurts.

"More than you. You need to listen closely next time your friend comes to you. That was a cry for help." I turn away and catch a glance of Silver on the floor holding his leg in pain. I don't feel anything for that but I do feel a certain way about Amy just busting in and shooting him so suddenly, not that he didn't deserve it.

What happens now? I glance back at Amy, "You know they're gonna ask questions about this, right?"

Amy growls and kneels next to Silver, "He shot himself on accident, isn't that right?" She sneers at Silver.

He doesn't say anything but it's mutually agreed that he's gonna go along with that story.

Once that was agreed upon, Amy stood up and nearly backed me up into a wall. "Our family worked too hard for all that wealth to be given to someone like you so I'm gonna cut you a deal. You give me a number and I'll give it to you. I'm gonna make up some story about why you left and clear yours and Shadow's name if any of your reputations are tainted. But when all is said and done, you're leaving this city, never turn back, don't visit, don't think about it, don't even look at it on the map, and you're gonna take Shadow with you." She commanded with clear authority.

"I never want to see or hear from you again. I'm gonna keep Silver in check but this time he won't be the one moving cities."

I agreed to this. I wondered if Blaze was still in the picture. But it didn't matter at the moment. I whispered a large amount into Amy's ear and she sighed heavily but nodded at my request. With that wealth, I could run away forever. We exchanged our final glance before I turned away and walked out to find Shadow.

He was standing by the front door which was open.

"Shadow!"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~••~~••~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~••~•~~••~•~••~•~•~•~•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.3K 1.9K 32
You've seen Sonic's past unravel, now it's time to see Shadow's Only difference? They're married, living in California, and expecting their own littl...
6.2K 166 17
Eggman kidnaps a poor chao and mutates it into a fiery red chaos. Sonic and friends go on a mission to save the chao, but with a Sonadow twist: Sonic...
16.1K 644 11
Silver knew about his two friends, Sonic and Shadow, who have been in love for the longest of times but none of them would make the move and confess...
49.9K 1.8K 29
Years go by and another couple is born. Love is everywhere but never is formed. Without you it's bad. But with you I am glad. (This is a story about...