Dear Mister Summers

By austenative

It all started with a red dress and a resignation letter ... ******* For five year... More

dear mister summers
foreword
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
* twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty-two
* thirty three
* thirty four
* thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
[Exclusive] Bridge 1
[Exclusive] Bridge 2
[Exclusive] Bridge 3
[Exclusive] Bridge 4
[Exclusive] Bridge 5
[Exclusive] Bridge 6

twelve

16K 330 16
By austenative

"Damon did offer to come with me," started Andin, a little unsure whether she had to tell him the truth. It would be very embarrassing indeed to acknowledge that she had a friend who pretended to be her boyfriend. She was not sure she could bear him knowing. She would die if she saw him giving her a mocking smile or any snide remark. Although she would soon leave his company, she wanted to leave with her dignity remain intact. "But I do not want to trouble him."

Sebastian frowned. A few lines formed on his forehead as his eyebrows joined in the middle. "Why not? He is your boyfriend. If I were him, I would insist on coming."

"He-" Andin swallowed convulsively. "Well, Damon is a dear friend and I am sure he is busy with work. It is Monday after all."

"Friend?" Her boss's face looked every bit confused. His brows shot up, his eyes widened. He almost looked lost. "Did you two break up?"

Instead of answering his question, she seized the moment to sip her mocha and then busied herself opening the wrappings and eating the cheese tart. "Oh, this is delicious."

"Crystal said her husband and the twins made them," commented her boss. Then he seemed hesitant before adding, "I am glad that it is up to your liking."

Andin blinked then swallowed the piece she was chewing. This was perhaps the first time that he seemed to care. Or perhaps this was the first time she finally noticed that he did. Then she recalled what had happened earlier, how he remembered how she always took her coffee. Moreover, he recalled the exact reason why and the way he had said that it was an important thing to remember somehow made a small part of her heart shift.

Once they finished their tarts and coffee, they walked together side by side to the front of the cafe. He held the door open for her before stepping outside. "I have my car parked not far."

"It is fine." Andin gave him a reassuring smile. "I will walk my way back to the office."

Her boss lifted one brow. "Believe me, I know it is fine, Miss Williams, but I do not see the reason why we should part ways when our destination is clearly the same. It will save more time and energy if you simply join me."

"If you insist, boss."

"Oh, I do." The seriousness in his face loosened up a little as his lips stretched into a charming, lopsided smile. "Shall we?"

He led the way to his car and opened the door for her before going over the hood and then entering the car. It was not the first time Andin had ever been in his car but this was the first time she was here and not for business. At least, not entirely. For the years she had been his secretary, she had always been professional. She had never gone to his house unless it was to discuss business matters and she had never gone for lunch with him unless a client was present. With Sebastian's string of lovers, he had never run out of company so naturally, he never had to ask his secretary to accompany him unless the business demanded it. And Andin had no qualms with that. If anything, she would prefer it that way.

"Thank you," said Andin once the car was parked in the basement of their office building. They walked out of the car towards the lift at the far end.

Sebastian hit the call button before she had the chance to and once again Andin thanked him.

"You said that a lot today, Miss Williams. Would it perhaps make you feel better if you were to repay my kindness?"

"W-what? How?"

Sebastian leaned back, studying her as if he liked what he saw. "Perhaps I can come up with something," he remarked.

It was her turn to stare at him. "You'll think of something?" she queried eagerly.

He afforded her a pleasant look. "Yes. Leave it with me."

Leave it with him? That was much too vague and somehow that made her nervous. "You've no idea now?"

"No," her boss shook his head. "Not at the moment. I need to think about it."

"When will you let me know?" She felt even more nervous. The sooner she knew what he wanted her to repay him with, the sooner she could satisfy her curiosity and settle the matter. "If you could tell me this week sometime?" she hinted. "I would—"

"We shall see," he cut in pleasantly. "Today is Monday so I should have some idea by, say, Saturday." The elevator door slid open and he shot out his hand preventing it from closing and let Andin step in first before following suit.

"You will tell me on Saturday?" she asked urgently as her finger pressed the floor of their office.

"Sure. And if I came up with something before that then I will let you know too."

Then Andin remembered. "Oh, I will be busy this Saturday. Damon is getting married."

Her boss, who was leaning against the mirror at the back of the elevator, straightened up and she thought his eyes could not get any wider. "Your Damon?"

Oh, melt.

Before she even had a chance to mutter a reply, he nodded to himself as if he had reached a conclusion. "When and where will this wedding take place?"

"Six PM. Fairmont Hotel," answered Andin automatically without a second thought. She always remembered the details of every event — what, when, and where.

"I will see you there."

"W-what?" She was too shocked to even think logically and all she could come up with was, "Do you have an invitation?"

"I am sure you will remedy that oversight," Sebastian answered coolly. "Though honestly, I do not think I need one since I will be your plus one."

Andin stared at him in disbelief. "You want to go to Damon's wedding?"

Why, for goodness' sake, would he want to do that? There was only one way to find out.

"Why do you want to attend?" she questioned suspiciously.

"I like weddings," he replied without a blink. "Provided they're someone else's."

She eyed him with suspicion. Why would he want to gatecrash her friend's wedding?

"I am not convinced."

The smile she did not trust a bit was in evidence again. "I will see you there,' he informed her at the same time as the elevator dinged, alerting them that they had reached their floor. "Someone must defend your honor, Miss Williams. I have no issue with being that person." He stepped out of the elevator and began walking away. He was only five feet away when he came to a halt and turned to face her. "Could you arrange a meeting for me with the legal team? I need to change some of the clauses in our proposed agreement." He turned around and headed to his office while Andin was still trying to comprehend what had just happened.

* * * * * *

By the time Andin had arrived in her flat, she was thoroughly exhausted. Both mentally and physically. She put her bag on the couch, then ran to the door to get Damon and Tanner. On her way home, she had called them and as usual, they would come over to her place (or sometimes she would come to theirs) and they would spend the night talking about their day over meal and wine. Tonight, the boys brought pizza, ice cream, and a bottle of Pinot.

"Oh, can you believe that in only a matter of days, I will be off the market?" Damon fanned himself with his hand, the ring on his finger sparkled under the light.

"I know," said Tanner before Damon could say another word. "I know you are going to say that I am a lucky man."

Andin laughed at her friends' banter. "Are you not going to argue and simply accept it?"

"What can I say, darling," Tanner sighed and there was a dreamy look on his face when he stared at Damon. "I have acknowledged and accepted the fact."

"Speaking of wedding, well, in this care, yours," Andin pointed at both of her friends who were now grinning like an idiot, "my boss would like to attend."

Damon widened his eyes in shock. "You told him?"

Tanner, who had been told about the whole ordeal last week, jumped in and asked, "Did he ask questions? To his knowledge, Damon is your hot boyfriend, right?"

"It just came out. I guess I let my guard down especially after he was helping me with Leroy."

"Whoa, Leroy as in your stalkerish ex?" Damon's jaw dropped to the floor. "What did Sebastian do?"

"Leroy was being difficult so I told him that I am already engaged," Andin dropped her gaze to the floor before continuing, "to Sebastian."

"You WHAT?" Both Damon and Tanner yelled, bringing Andin's gaze back up.

"Well, he was just sort of there so I pointed to him without giving it much of a thought." She sighed, rubbing her hands nervously. "Anyway, I have no idea how he did it but he convinced Leroy and even insulted him a little. In the end, Leroy left and since then up to now, I have not gotten any messages or calls from Leroy."

Damon put his hand on my hand and gave it a little squeeze. "Oh Andin mia Bella, do not worry. I am so happy you are rid of that pathetic loser Leroy. Hopefully, he has fixed himself before meeting someone new."

"I hope so." And she really meant it. After what she had gone through, she did not wish for anyone else to go. through the same thing.

"So what actually happened?" Tanner asked bluntly.

Damon nodded eagerly. "Spill the beans, girl!"

And that was exactly what Andin did for the next thirty minutes. Somehow she could remember exactly what had been said between her and her boss, Sebastian Summers.

"But how are you truly feeling, darling?" asked Damon, seemingly worried.

"What do you mean? I am fine," Andin fenced, busily playing with the wine glass then grabbed one slice of pizza. She took a bite, then chewed.

"Oh come on, Andin Bella. You know you can tell us anything. I saw your expression," Damon said, his voice flat. "I have been your friend for years and I know there is no other guy who could bring that look into your eyes."

"What look?" Andin stared at him, clearly taken aback by his statement.

Damon exchanged a look with Tanner, then smiled. "I do not really know how to describe it but you look a bit helpless, sort of, well, vulnerable."

They all sat at the small table in the bay of the sitting room next to the balcony. Although the door was locked, they could still enjoy the view through the glasses. Damon poured more wine into her glass, then poured for himself and Tanner.

"Oh, nonsense," Andin dismissed abruptly, taking a mouthful of the red wine and then swallowing.

Damon made a peculiar sound, something between a snort and a grunt.

"What is it, Dee?" She demanded.

"Nothing," said Damon, shaking his head then went on to his third slice of pizza. 'It is not my business."

"You can not possibly say that after pointing out how long we have been friends," said Andin nudging his ribs. "Just tell me what is on your mind."

"She was right, hun. Just spill it. It is so unlike you to hold back," urged Tanner then as if it was not enough he added, "I love you because of how confident and blunt you are."

"Oh, alright!" Damon smacked Tanner's shoulder then turned to face Andin. "I know you know your own business best and I have no doubt you can handle anyone, even someone like Sebastian Summers. However, I could not help but get worried about you sometimes. You are like a single-minded child walking across a busy street. You look neither to left nor right, you just march straight into disaster."

Andin laughed with amusement. "Dee, that describes you rather than me. I thought I was the levelheaded one, the one who knew what I wanted out of life, while you just rush from one crisis to the other without thinking."

Damon's face was sober. "Your plans are too cut and dried, Andin Bella. They leave no room for life at all. You won't allow anything to interfere with your carefully worked-out scheme of living, and that is dangerous. I am afraid that one day a volcano will explode right under your feet and blow you sky-high."

Andin stared at him in astonishment. "What on earth are you talking about?"

"Sebastian Freaking Summers," said Damon, holding her eyes. "Although I know 'Freaking' could not possibly be his middle name. You know I am talking about him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 55 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
398K 15.8K 35
#2 in Romance 16/12/2016 #2 ambivalent love series #2 romance12/12/2016 Sequel to Tempting the Billionaire Book1 Sebastian has gotten the help he...
4.2M 125K 35
Jessica Summers is a simple and a beautiful young lady who has recently lost her parents and has moved to stay with her aunt. Within a few weeks, her...
554K 19.2K 35
Losing the memory of who you were growing up sucks. Trying to find a job after graduating college in a bad economy sucks even more. For Esmeralda G...