𝐘𝐎𝐎𝐍 π‰π„πŽππ†π‡π€π [Un...

By Euphoric_Writer613

[SEVENTEEN SERIES : Book 1 Yoon Jeonghan] Marriage is a formal agreement that legally, emotionally, and econ... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

15

498 20 5
By Euphoric_Writer613

Chapter 15 

🎶Author Point Of View🎶

Mr. Choi William took the microphone and cleared his throat to get his guest's attention. he smiled his not so wrinkly smile as he held the mic near his lips, his grey-ash eyes reflecting so much proud and happiness in them. 

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, first of all a very thank you for everyone for attending our yearly ball. I am so glad and happy to announce two very important announcements today. I have finally decided to retire from my CEO post of Auvem Empire."

Happy and loud cheers filled the golden halls as claps filled the venue. Mr. Choi was one of the greatest person you could ever work with in business, a humble and heart-warming person with so much encouragement and motive for his comrades and partners. Joshua Hong whistled as he hooted happily for his father along with his brothers while their mum just admired and smiled at her husband. she is truly proud of her husband. she remembers the tough journey he had to go through to just sit on that maroon King chair which has everything a person wants. 

Money, Power and Wealth. 

Mr. Choi grinned, his eyes almost closing, "Thank you everyone. till we get the next CEO of the empire, my son-in-law is going to be looking after the company. I am so happy and proud today. and I am also very happy to announce that we are bringing a new member in Choi Family. my son Choi Yoon Jeonghan will soon be getting married with Mr. Kim's lovely daughter, Rosario De Luna Kim."

Silence filled the room as the announcement shocked every single guest there as the people let the shocking news sink in before clapping. well that was actually really unexpected, it was shocking for the Choi brothers too except Joshua, Seung Cheol and Jeonghan. people couldn't even believe that the two most powerful empires were uniting by forming a marital relationship. 

Seok Min looked at his brother with shock and hint of happiness in his chocolate brown eyes. he couldn't believe that his brother is finally getting married but the thing that shocked him and all the people was the women he was marrying with. Attorney Kim. "Ah Hyung, I am so happy"

The dangerous, feisty and not so sweet women is getting married to the cunning, dominant and cold man. a perfect couple, isn't it? there were a lot of people who were quite disappointed for not being able to get Attorney Kim as their wife or daughter-in-law. lord, the advantage and money they would have got. the planning to seduce the green-eyed beauty was for nothing because Jeonghan has already stole her. 

Rose stood calm with no change as she stood near the bar flaunting her hour-glass figure, the wine glass gracefully clasped around her slender fingers as she enjoyed the rich texture of the red liquid. so many things were going on inside her minds, she didn't thought that it was this much pressure yet she knew that at some it was going to be there.

There were so many questions inside her mind and she didn't had any answers for them. will she be able to be a good wife? will she be able to handle the responsibility of becoming a wife, a mother, a daughter-in-law, a sister-in-law while handling her job which she admired. she knew that the Choi Family is going to shower her with a lot of love and care but what if she disappoints them? what if she disappoints her own family?

She was startled when someone tapped her on her shoulder. she turned around as her emerald orbs met with Suzy's hazel ones. Suzy warmly smiled at her friend as she order herself a drink before looking at Rose again.

"Hey" Rose smiled a bit as she continue to sip her drink while watching Mr. Choi give a speech.

"Hm. you look quite a bit troubled? tell me if there is something I can help with or maybe advice you about. don't worry I won't tell anyone, this talk is our secret gurl" Suzy chimed brightly as she thanked the bartender while bringing the glass to her pink lips. 

Rose looked at Suzy, she knows that Suzy won't tell anyone because she has always been like that. she knows that Suzy has always been a wise mother and a wife who has never really talked about someone behind their back. Rose know that Suzy could maybe advice her about this whole marriage thing considering that she is married for a long time along with having two children. 

"I am just a bit worried about this whole marriage thing. I am worried that what if I am not able to become a good wife and disappoint you all? I am scared" Rose honestly confessed as she shyly look down. this is the first time she has shared about any problem other than her family. Suzy smiled at the cute young women who she has seen always putting on a tough persona. 

"I can understand you Rosie, should I tell you a truth? me and Dashiell both met for the first time during our one night stand. I got pregnant and we both maturely met and decided to get into a relationship and care for the baby together. Dashiell was the hearth robe of our campus, we both were in almost the same classes. he was and still is the most handsome man ever but he had a cold, really cold and emotionless personality. he is a warm person but his shy, anxious, social problems always made him look unapproachable."

"During the months I was pregnant, he took a great care of me and was always with me. taking care of my cravings, my health, his studies and working part time jobs. he didn't really belong to a high, elite class but definitely had the heart more than that. after my parents got to know about my pregnancy, they supported us so Dashiell just took care of me. I was falling in love with him, harder and deeper. it was like a black hole and I was getting pushed deep into it "

"But I was always scared to tell him. he was still cold with me and I was afraid that what if he just accepted me just because I got pregnant. it was a really hard time to think about it specially when I was in love and pregnant. I decided that I will leave him right after I give birth. I decided to take Ha Joon with me too but when I reached airport, I saw Dashiell getting dragged by the security and they were complaining that he tried to ran inside the airport. he was crying and screaming and as soon as he was released, he quickly hugged us and confessed"

Rose could say that the decision was a bit stupid yet everyone has different opinions and she can't judge that. it's just that she thinks that Suzy just should have confessed and accepted the reality if Dashiell would have rejected the offer but she could also understand that Suzy pregnant and perhaps the situations and mood swings overwhelmed her plus she was just nineteen and would have really thought that she would end up in this type of situation.

"I realized that the communication and trust is the most important thing in a relationship. you don't have to be a good and a perfect wife, you aren't flawless nor me. just these two keys are really important for the relationship. I am forever grateful of Ha Joon, he gave me such an lovely and nice husband and now we have a little four year old too. and you should also know that Jeonghan is going to treat you like a queen. my little brother is also cold but he is really warm and loving person"

Suzy smiled as she put her glass on the table before walking away after her husband complained that their four-year-old is sobbing for an ice cream. Rose thought about all the advices she got before going to get some dinner and leaving the party after bidding farewell.

🎶A Few Months Later 🎶 

Justice Court Room 

The atmosphere was intense as everyone's attention was only stick at one person who was standing in the witness box. Rose's ferocious stare sent a shivers down his spine as he took a deep breath to calm himself. cold sweat broke out on his forehead as he tried to calmly answer all the questions, the lawyer was asking. he was so scared that he almost wet himself. it was fascinating how much scared he is considering the fact that Rose wasn't even doing anything. 

Rose couldn't believe how much pathetic he was acting. he is a chief operating officer for nothing if he acted this much stupid. she has never really seen any stupid and brainless COO but anyways. he took out his handkerchief and wiped his forehead before putting it back and calmly looking at Attorney Kim but the small smirk on her luscious lips went unnoticed. she saw the fear in his eyes, his shaky movements and him trying to avoid eye-contact with her, trembling under her dark gaze was his biggest mistake ever. 

"according to your testimony Mr. Lee, you weren't there when your wife, Late. Mrs. Elena Charlotte Ellen Lee was murdered brutally in her own home. correct me if I am wrong?" Her deep, honey voice echoed inside the court room as she walked closer to the man standing in the witness box, her heels clicking dominantly against the floor.

"Y-Yes, Correct Ms. Kim"

His stuttering literally made him look more obvious as the sound of his feet restlessly tapping against the floor made noises in the court room annoying the female judge who looked at him coldly. "Stop making noises, Mr. Lee. Ms. Kim, you may continue"

"Thank you your honor, why do you seem so nervous Mr. Lee? are you okay?"

"Objection your honor-" The defense lawyer of Mr. Lee spoke but before he could continue, the judge shut him down and focused on the hearing.

"objection over ruled. "

"So Mr. Lee," Rose continued fearlessly, "where were you during that night when your wife was killed around 9 PM? where were you during this time?"

Drinking the water from the glass that was kept near him, he calmly drank before answering, "I was my friend's house for drink. we both talked and the time when I reached home, I saw my daughter crying and the police surrounding my house" Rose made a fake impressive look like she was actually impressed that at least he spoke without stuttering and shaking. mocking him hard. this man is really nervous and stupid for being an killer who killed his wife.

"So do you have your friend as the witness to give justification that if he was actually there with you or you are just lying"

"He is unable to attend at the moment because he is in his hometown attending his mother's funeral" Mr. Lee's lawyer interrupted as Rose nodded. 

"So if you weren't there at the night during the murder, the only person who was at the home was your seventeen year old daughter, am I right?"

Mr. Lee didn't like where this was going but he still answered, "C-Correct"

"So does that mean your daughter brutally stabbed your wife for ten times and made wounds on her already dead body for god knows how many times? Is that what you are implying Mr. Lee?"

A loud gasp left his lips as he stared at the young women in disbelief, No! his daughter is innocent. she didn't do anything. Rose moved her sharp at the young lady sitting in the crowd shocked, her eyes not leaving her father in hope that he is not guilty. she doesn't look scared, the fear is not there which corrected rose's small doubts that she was not involved with her father.

"No, my daughter didn't do anything. she wasn't even there when all that happened!"

"And how do you know that? you were not there! Or is it you?" Rose calmly tried to get on his nerves and it was working. he is losing control and she knows that he is gonna fall into her trap so soon. he is getting hyper and only thing going inside his mind is to save his daughter and his reputation. 

"I told you that I was on a drink with my friend"

"What is his name Mr. Lee?" Mr. Lee gulped at the question.

"Kim Chong Han"

 "Kim Chong Han doesn't exists Mr. Lee." Rose drops the bomb infront of the court before walking to her table and getting a paper and some photographs before walking near the Judge and giving the evidence to the man standing next to the Judge and he hands it to the Judge, "Your Honor, these are the pictures of Mr. Lee walking inside his home at 8:30 PM and then running outside the house at 10:15, just fifteen minutes before your wife's body was discovered. there was no movement before your daughter returned at 10:20 and ten minutes police and ambulance was there"

Rose turned towards the trembling man, her eyes still cold and showing no sympathy for this murderer, "What was the motive of doing this Mr. Lee? killing the mother of your child and your wife"

Mr. Lee finally let his guard down as he sobs miserably, his pathetic sobs being the only thing heard inside the silent court room. "I am sorry! I didn't do it intentionally! it h-happened by mistake I swear! it was an-an accident. I didn't mean to take care life, I loved her"

"Well, it doesn't matter because crime is crime whether you did it intentionally or unintentionally. "Rose cleared her throat before turning towards the Judge, "Your Honor, the accused Mr. Lee Dawson confessed that he was the one who killed his wife with an knife, stabbing her and making wounds on her dead body. that's all your honor, thank you" 

Rose bowed before walking confidently towards her seat, her creamy skin shining under the light. her long jet-black locks in a loose ponytail as the gold chain on her collarbone shined proudly, highlighting her tempting collarbone. 

The Judge put on her glasses before getting her pen and writing the punishment and the result. "Mr. Lee, is proven to be guilty in the murder charge of his wife, Elena Lee. according to his statement, it was a second degree murder so the court is granting him life imprisonment and the Perjury. the court is adjourned. Thank your jury for your service."

In Case if people don't know here, Perjury is the criminal offence of deliberately providing false information under oath about an important matter in a legal hearing. In basic terms, it is the act of lying in court.

Tears fell as the only daughter of Mr. Lee sobs. she was in disbelief, her superhero, her comfort zone and her idol, her father killed her mother so brutally. her lips quivered as she stays speechless and hurt. her mother was her queen, her charming beautiful mother who always supported her, motivated her and raised her ever so lovely, like a princess. her own father killed her mother.

With trembling steps, she tried to march forward towards the wooden fence where her father was standing with his head hung low, his hands getting handcuffed as his guilty eyes stared at his princess. he couldn't believe that he became the reason of his princess's tears. 

"How could you? why - why did you kill her? my lovely Ma" She sobs loudly as she sits down on her knees. she is only seventeen, how is she supposed to live her life now? with the thoughts that her father killed his wife, her mother. she, she remembers happily walking inside the house only to find her mother laying in the pool of her own blood, brutally killed. her mother whom she has always seen with her genuine dimple smile was laying lifelessly. 

Rose felt pity for the girl but she couldn't really do anything. her father has done the sin and he has to take the punishment for it. she wanted to comfort the little girl but didn't know how to do it so she just softly patted her head before taking her stuff and walking out. sometimes being a lawyer was really hard, really hard. seeing people doing these scary crimes with their own loved ones has just made the reality so cruel and scary. 

Rose gave her stuff to her secretary before going to her office and calming herself down for some seconds. it's been a few months since her wedding has been announced. her family is planning to have the wedding in India. Mrs. Choi and Mrs. Kim really want to have the wedding in India so with the help of Jin, they have been finding a perfect place to have the wedding. 

An Indian wedding consists of so many ceremonies and rituals which makes it more beautiful. Rose's mother also had an Indian marriage that made rose more excited for it plus it's been a lot of time since she has visited India. she loved visiting their because of their natural beauty and her few friends. 

Rose has a date today with Jeonghan, he said that he is going to be coming and pick her up from the firm. her soon to be husband is really flirty who never fails to make her blush but she ain't going to show him that but he already knows. 

"Hello Sweetheart"

_____________

Her clothes for the court room. meet ya all in next chapter ^.^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
218K 10.2K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
549K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
248K 7.3K 83
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...