Shy : Neteyam x Reader

By yawntutsyip

"𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘢, 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦" ... More

ੈ♡‧₊˚ ↱ Two
ੈ♡‧₊˚ ↱ Three
not an update.
ੈ♡‧₊˚ ↱ Four
ੈ♡‧₊˚ ↱ Five
ੈ♡‧₊˚ ↱ Six
ੈ♡‧₊˚ ↱ Seven
Not an update: please read!!!!!

ੈ♡‧₊˚ ↱ One

5.2K 115 77
By yawntutsyip

chapter one.

⸝⸝₊eʚ third person pov ɞ ‧₊˚.

It was one of your average days in Awa'atlu. The weather was perfect today, not too cold and not too hot.

You were waist-deep in the water feeding the young ilu that were swimming ever so gracefully around you. One of your main chores around the village was to help take care of the ilu, making sure that they were well-fed and healthy.

Soft hums come from your mouth as you stand there basking in the sunlight. You take a deep breath in closing your eyes and become in tune with your surroundings. Hearing the distance chirps from the ilu, your fellow Metkayina people that were on land performing their everyday tasks.

You could feel the waves as they glided by you brushing against your aqua colored skin as well as the slight breeze in the air.

It was peaceful. Being in the water so in tune with everything really helps calm your nerves. It was your safe space, well besides your mother and father of course.

As you stand there, you become aware of two presences behind you by their taller shadows blocking the sun. Your open your eyes to be greeted by Rotxo and Aonung,

"Hey weirdo, what are you doing?" Rotxo teased swimming closer to your side with Aonung following behind him smirking at the name he called you.

You roll your eyes at them.

You grew up with them as well as Tsireya, At this point you were used to their childish behavior knowing they don't have bad intentions with you.

"....I was feeding the ilu" You reply in a soft voice looking up at them sheepishly.

"What ilu?...There's nothing around here" Aonung spoke with an eyebrow raised gesturing to the empty water.

You were taken back and looked around you to realize that, indeed the ilu from earlier are in fact gone. There were only some fish swimming in the distance.

You took a long pause trying to recall when that happened.

"Uh oh, did little (y/n) lose track of time again, You should be careful doing that" He gently knocked on your head in a scolding manner. "They were here earlier.." you whispered with a confused frown on your face. The two boys laugh at your airheadedness.

Losing track of time was a common thing you tended to do nowadays.

While the the two Metkayina boys make fun of you, all of you were cut off with the sound of the village horn.

You look above you and see 5 Ikran fly past you. It made Aonung's smile turn into a furious frown, immediately being alerted and left first diving back into the water with you and Rotxo following behind him.

By the time you guys reached the village the group of Ikran had already landed and people were starting to crown around the new intruders.

The boys walked to the front of the crowd as people made way for Aonung. You slowly followed from behind, Seeing the Ikran this close to you for the first time was very intimidating. They could easily bite your head off or pick you up and take you away.

As the new Na'vi come into view you realize that they were not Metkayina people, They looked completely different. Their skin was a darker shade of blue. More slimmer figures, Their tails were smaller and skinny 'how do they swim?' you say to yourself but before asking any questions Rotxo spoke up.

"Look! What is that!? Is that supposed to be a tail?!" He points causing everyone to laugh at them. "Its too small! How are they supposed to swim?!" he continued.

Your ears immediately lowered while your eyes slightly widened, surprised he had the audacity to say that out loud. I mean...yes you were all thinking it as well- but you wouldn't blurt it out?!! , you awkwardly scoot away trying not to be associated with them.

They both look at you confused as if saying 'where are you going?' while you shake your head making an X with your arms and keep scooting away. Thankfully Tsireya comes to save the day by smacking their hands and scolding them and before you can scoot away anymore Aonung catches your elbow and pulls you back to them.

You smile at Tsireya saying a quiet hello before glaring up at the taller boy.

Before one of the boys can make any more of their dumb remarks, the Olo'eyktan and Tsahìk finally show up..but the Tsahìk doesn't seem too happy.

After everyone came to an agreement the Olo'eyktan began to speak again.

"Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us, Treat them as our brothers and sisters. They do not know the sea so they will be like babies taking their first breath." You looked at Aonung and boy did he not look happy.

"Teach them our ways, so that they don't suffer the shame of being useless."

'damn'

He gestures to you guys, "My son Aonung and our daughter Tsireya will show your children what to do. (y/n).. You can help out as well" The Olo'eyktan looks down at you.

Your mouth agape, You start to stutter. "I, what?- but sir-, Uhm, I don't-" you try to refuse but realized who you were talking to and bowed your head. "Okay" You say barely above a whisper but somehow he heard you.

"But father- Why me-?!" Aonung pleaded to his father "I mean, you know (y/n) is too shy also- why make her-"

"Because I said so, Plus-" He turned to look at you. "You can work on your socializing little girl" he raised an eyebrow in a scolding way. It was true. You were a very shy girl. You didn't talk to anyone outside of Tsireya, Rotxo and Aonung.

Here and there some of Aonung and Rotxo's friends would try to converse but you always hid back in your shell and kept the talking short.

Soon everyone cleared up and it was only you guys and the new people. Tsireya grabbed your hand and walked closer to them. "We can help you carry some stuff! I will also show you to your new home."

You slowly walked towards the older boy out of the two and asked if he needed any help caring anything while keeping your head down avoiding eye contact. "I'm sorry but can you repeat that- I didn't hear what you said" blush starts to creep up on your face, hearing his voice brought butterflies to your stomach.

You raise your head facing him and repeat yourself once again quickly making eye contact with him before averting it.

He laughs at your shyness and picks up a couple of things checking if they were heavy before handing you the two lighter bags out of them all before carrying the rest himself. You both walk side by side following everyone as Tsireya led the group to their marui. "So..What's your name? I'm Neteyam '' he smiles at the short Metkayina girl.

You think to yourself deciding whether you want to tell him your name or not. You look at him as he smiles at you. ".....My name is (y/n).." you mumble out but make sure it's loud enough for him to hear so you wouldn't have to repeat yourself like earlier. 'That was so embarrassing'

"(y/n*)?" Neteyam repeats back to you but pronounces it wrong. "No, it's (y/n)."

"(y/n*)?" He once again pronounces it wrong and butchers it even more. You don't have the guts to correct him so you just awkwardly nod your head and accept that you were gonna be called the wrong name from now on.

Finally everyone reached the marui, You walked in and set the bags you were carrying down against the wall and jumped knocking into Neteyam startled as you heard a loud thud behind you.

"I apologize Neteyam-" "Are you alright?!" You spoke at the same time. You both pause making eye contact before he speaks up again. "Are you alright?" "Yes I'm okay..I'm so sorry for knocking into you I didn't mean too"

You turn around to find out it was just Neytiri she had dropped the mat that she was holding onto the floor.

After helping the Sully family get all their things, you walk out and meet Tsireya and Aonung.

"We will be back here later to take you guys in the water, In the meantime if you guys need any help let us know!" Tsireya said to the family with a wave. "We will, thank you" Jake replied with a smile on his face.

You three began to walk away letting the family get settled in their new home, This is definitely a big change for them.

But as you walk away you stop and give one last look to the family, eyes meeting another pair of eyes that caused you to blush and turn back around quickly jogging to reach Tisreya and Aonung.

Maybe interacting with new people wasn't so bad after all....

1483

thank you to whomever is reading! I hope you enjoy this book <3
I'm sorry if there are any spelling or grammar errors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 8.8K 26
"𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗯𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀" "𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁, 𝗺𝗮 𝘀𝘆𝘂𝗹𝗮�...
60.1K 1.3K 23
𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕓𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕤𝕜𝕪. Ayn'at--the daughter of a Na'vi warrior and an earthling sc...
24.1K 229 8
contains stories about: - ao'nung - jake sully - neteyam these are all x reader fics! mostly f or gn reader though this and my tumblr account are the...
62.4K 1.4K 26
Y/n is a young girl, from the Metkayina clan, who grew up without her parents. She was raised by her grandmother, who is currently sick, leaving Y/n...