ੈ♡‧₊˚ ↱ Seven

AN; sorry this is so short, I hope you guys still enjoy it 💗

"(Y/N), someone is here to see you. They are waiting outside the Marui." Your mother's calming voice rings in your ears causing them to twitch up.

It was the next day and your body was still tired from the events that had happened the yesterday night, wounds still stinging with every inch you moved. "Who is it?" you asked out to her from your sleeping mat where you had been laying.

"The older Sully boy, he wanted to come to check on you...I'm letting him in" She told you. Blush covers your cheeks as you quickly sit up, wincing at your sore muscles before fixing your hair and top to look somewhat presentable, as if you had not been laying down all morning since the sun began to rise.

A shadow towers over you making your head look up and see Neteyam standing there, shyly waving hello before sitting down next to you.

"Hey, how are you feeling? I never got to see you after what happened last night...I'm sorry" Neteyam sighed while looking down at his hands resting in his lap.

He was worried sick yesterday when no one could find you, and on top of you missing Lo'ak was too which made him want to rip his braids out as he got yelled at by his father saying it was his fault because 'as the older brother' he needs to be watching over him.

As soon as the announcement was made that both of you had been found, it was as if a huge weight from his shoulders was lifted, he was finally able to take a breath and calm down.

Neteyam wanted to rush up to you first but before he got the chance he was pulled back by his mother back to their Mauri.

"I'm alright, there's no need to be sorry...the medicine that the Tsahik gave me stings pretty bad but I'm pushing through it," You said while giving the boy a soft smile.

"No. You're my friend, I'm supposed to check up on you. That's what friends do." His head lifts to meet yours as you see his eyebrows furrowed followed by a frown upon his lips.

Right. Friends. Of course, you were just friends... why every time he said the word it brought a sting to your chest as if telling you you wanted more.

You only just met the boy a couple of days ago and you already feel this way. 'Oh Eywa please help me' you thought. You must be getting sick or going insane to be thinking such things.

"friends..yeah.." You quietly mumbled under your breath, smile slightly faltering. "Sorry did you say something?" Neteyam asked as you quickly shook your head.

"I said thank you, anyways I should probably get out this marui, I think I need some sunlight... let's go?" You ask him as you begin to stand up, offering your hand out to help him up, Neteyam smiles and gladly takes it.

"Mom! Neteyam and I are gonna go out for a bit if that's okay," You tell her as she turns around to look at both of you. "Yes that's fine, I trust Neteyam is a strong boy to keep you safe?" Neteyam blushes and nods his head.

"Of course ma'am!" Your mother smiles as she stares at Neteyam until her eyes trail down to your hands that were still clasped tightly together. She raises her head and lifts an eyebrow at you.

You stare back confused before looking down to see what she was looking at, Your eyes widen, and immediately try to pull your hand out from his tight grasp but he wouldn't let go. "Neteyam?!" You whisper to him flustered, quietly while looking up at his taller figure.

"Come on let's go! I think I remember Lo'ak saying everyone was gonna go hand out at the beach Bye ma'am!" He yells to your mother and pulls you to follow behind as he walks to the entrance.