By Fortunate Chance

By kinkielou16

A story about college lovers who fell apart. Will they be able to rekindle their romance? Disclaimer: Some n... More

The Freshman
The Mysterious Hero
The First Move
The Unwanted Hindrance
The Rekindling
The Multiple Choice
The Big Decision
The Ball Life
The Second Chance
The Cunning Snake
The Surprise Birthday

The Falling Apart

116 8 0
By kinkielou16

Weeks passed, it was the second month of the second semester. Julia's night schedule was starting to tire Jane out.

There were nights when Julia had to stay longer than needed because of some school work. She did not need to wait up anymore.

And one day, Julia asked to be dropped off at the mall. "Babe, please drop me off the mall. We don't have class today but we need to buy some stuff for our laboratory work tomorrow."

"Why do I need to drop you off? I can tag along with you, and keep you company. I can carry the things for you too."

"It's okay, babe. You can go home and rest. Janella and the others are there, we can manage. Oh crap! I'm out of credit balance. Can I borrow your phone, babe? I just need to inform them where to meet." Julia said grabbing Jane's phone to send a message to everyone.

They reached the mall and Julia got off. "See you at home!" and placed a kiss on her girlfriend's cheeks.

Jane drove off. For the four months they've been together, Jane realized she hasn't said I love you to Julia that much. So she grabbed her phone and was about to type a message for Julia when she saw a reply from an unknown number.

We're already here. Take care! See you!

The number was not familiar, but she has a feeling that she knows the owner of the number. So Jane started typing a reply.

I already dropped Julia at the mall. Please let me know if you're with her already. She ran out of credit balance. Thanks!

---Jane

A few seconds after, Jane received a reply.

Yep, she's here now.

---Janella

Jane couldn't understand how she was feeling. Her heart raced. So it's true! It's her number.

**********

Jane stared at her phone that night. She was alone at her apartment. Julia did not go home yet. Is she going home at all?

But all Jane could ever think about was the name on the unknown number. She started typing "J-A-N-E-L-L-A" and hit save to contacts.

A few seconds after, she received a call from Janella's number. "Babe, I'm not going home today. We'll be doing some stuff at Janella's house. Don't wait up. I might go home to my aunt's house after this since it's nearer. Bye."

Days passed by. The "I love you's" have become rare to none as well as Julia's stay at her apartment.

Jane did not know if she should be relieved but to show that she is still the girlfriend that she should be, she would often visit Julia. There are times when Julia would not allow her to go saying her aunt was home. Other times they would make out and make love.

December came and it was Christmas break. Julia flew to Mindanao to spend Christmas with her family, while Jane had to go back to Nueva Esperanza.

While apart, their communication grew less intimate. Until Jane learned that Julia's ex went to visit her at their house in Davao.

Jane did not feel anything but she felt bad how she felt more relived instead of hurt. Without anything official yet, she knew Julia and her fell apart. Jane did not bother asking Julia anymore.

Christmas came. It was a family tradition to watch MMFF movies. So Jane and her family, her parents and her siblings, Ding and Luna, drove to Cubao to see a MMFF movie. The line was long. So while waiting, Jane decided to buy some popcorn. As she was walking, she saw someone familiar.

"Hi clumsy!"

Jane's eyes widened. Janella always an effect on her. Her heart skipped a beat. Jane felt she had no strings anymore, and here was the girl she had always wanted. She couldn't contain how she feels, but she managed a smile that lit up her face. Janella could notice her glow, and that made her smile too.

"Hi hater! Who's with you?" realizing what a stupid question that was, because clearly she recognized Liza, Ali and Julien, she did a facepalm.

Janella let out a cute laugh. "See you around, clumsy!"

Large droves of people went out of the cinema as soon as the movie ended. Jane saw Janella leave the cinema as well. They met up and Jane introduced Janella and her companions to her family.

"Merry Christmas, Janella! Nice meeting you," Ding and Luna greeted, as they went their separate ways and bid goodbyes.

Bop! Janella's phone notification went.

Let's hangout tomorrow

---Jane

Ok. Let's meet at your favorite hangout.

---Janella

Alright! See you at 4:30pm.

---Jane

Jane's family stayed at a condo in the city. They weren't planning on going home to Nueva yet. They're doing shopping for New Year before going back.

Jane was excited to hangout with Janella, she arrived at their hangout place 10 minutes earlier. What would she want today? Beer? Coffee? Jane can't choose so she decided to wait for Janella instead.

Minutes after, Janella's car pulled over and parked at the store. And there she is, her mysterious girl coming out of the driver's seat. Her hair was kept in a bun while her golden streaks fell freely to her face. This time she was wearing a sleeveless turtleneck tucked in her jeans. The sleeveless exposed her flawless arms. They looked soft and glistened as she walked towards Jane.

Does Janella know how Julia and I fell apart?

As Janella was approaching, Jane could smell her sweet scent. How could their meet ups seem to slow her world down? She studied the beauty coming up to her, and she could feel her insides brewing. Her lips are throbbing wanting to kiss the lovely girl in front of her.

"Hi hater!" It was her turn to greet her first. "What do you want to have today? Beer? Coffee?"

"I'll go for coffee today."

Jane ordered coffee for both of them and got back to where Janella was.

"Santa must have seen me nice lately," Jane began.

"Why?" Janella replied looking confused.

"He gave me my wish this time."

"Which is?" Janella asked, this time with a smile as if knowing what would come out of Jane's mouth.

"To get to hangout with you alone."

"I knew you were gonna say that, clumsy!"

Janella felt at ease around Jane. For how many months, she's been trying to resist this clumsy girl's charms. But this time, she's letting go. She's letting herself free.

She didn't know what happened to Julia and Jane, but she just felt like she wanted what she wants this time. And at this moment, she wanted nothing else but to be with her clumsy one.

She remembered her little pep talk with her younger sister, Liza. Liza was trying to convince her sister that she deserved to be happy, that sometimes she needs to let herself go out of control. She had been suppressing her feelings long enough, and she realized the best gift she could give herself, was to let herself free, so there she was, letting herself out.

They spent the afternoon just talking enjoying each other's view. Even without words, Janella enjoyed watching Jane talk and sometimes get clumsy.

"I had a great time, clumsy!" Janella said. "See you around", she added as they each bid goodbye to each other.

New Year's eve passed. School hasn't started back yet but Jane came back to her apartment. While on break, she and Janella would hangout. She would visit Janella. They took turns driving and picking up each other to hangout at who know's where. They've been to almost every resto and arcade just spending time with each other. It was nothing but fun, and most of the time, it was just the two of them.

After a few days, the Biology students found themselves diving into their academics again.

Jane and Julia stopped seeing each other again. It's like they just fell apart after the long vacation. Mara did not bother her friend with it but she did notice something different in Jane.

For now, Jane's keeping Janella a secret.

No one else needed to know that Janella and Jane are constantly communicating. Until finally, Jane decided she wanted to take their relationship, or whatever they have, to the next level.

One clear, starry night, someone rang the doorbell to Janella's huge house.

One of the helpers answered the gate.

"Hi," Jane started, "Is Janella there?"

A few moments after, Janella met Jane at the gate. "What are you doing here this late?"

Jane led Janella to her car, and they drove away. They went to an overlooking spot. It was a beautiful sight, they could see the city lights from there and the stars above shone on them.

Getting all the courage out, Jane blurted, "I want us to date exclusively."

Janella held Jane's face. "I want that too, so much! But I have an assignment for you. You need to give Julia a closure, first".

Jane said nothing but gave Janella a nod. She wasted no time. She dropped Janella to their house, and sped away to Julia's.

Luckily, Julia was there. They went strolling to the subdivision's park, the street lights as if following them.

"I don't know what happened between us," Julia started, "but I feel like I fell out of love".

"I understand, babe," Jane replied. "I came here to finally settle things. When you left, the distance grew larger and larger until I knew things are done between us. And the truth is, I've grown to like someone else." Jane knew she had to come clean.

Julia knew who it was without even mentioning the name. "You can't always get what you want, Jane."

"I know but I'd like to try."

Julia just smiled. There was a part of Julia that wanted to hold on. But she could see from Jane's face that she was happy. Her face glowed in a way that did not glow when they were together. And the truth was, she manipulated all of this. When she was with Jane, she felt loved but she knew that love was reserved. She knew someone else was inside Jane's heart but she was too stubborn and prideful to admit it. And Jane was too kind to leave her, even if it meant sacrificing her true happiness.

So she had to play it cool. The day she asked Jane to drop her off the mall was part of her plan. She pretended that she ran out of credit balance so she could text Janella from Jane's phone so Jane can finally get Janella's number. But even then, Jane did not make a move to reach out to Janella. Jane was too kind to cheat on her.

So she had to do drastic moves. She decided to celebrate her holidays with her mom, even if she didn't want to. She made Jane believe that she was falling out of love when in fact, she was giving way for Jane and Janella to be together. Julia made Jane believe that her ex was visiting her, but nothing about that was true at all. Julia intentionally posted a picture of her ex on Instagram so Janella could see it.

Her plan worked and now here is Jane, giving her a closure. She still wished Jane would choose her though, but she knew in the first place, it wasn't her at all.

Here is the love of her life willing to try to get what she wants, finally.

Jane and Julia finally closed this chapter of their lives. Jane give Julia her last kiss, and walked away.

Julia stood there in silence watching Jane speed off to get what she always wanted. As she stood there, a tear fell from her cheek. She was sad, but she was relieved. She is no longer eaten by guilt for depriving Jane of her happiness. She was at peace with herself seeing Jane finally free.

Jane drove as fast as she could.

Janella, wait for me... I'm coming.

She reached the huge gate again, rang the doorbell. This time the househelp let her in. It looks like Janella had been expecting her.

The Salvador house was huge. Janella was waiting by the patio, drinking her favorite wine.

"Hey clumsy, I'm here!" Janella called to Jane.

"Hi Janella..." Jane spoke and started her speech, "Assignment accomplished." Janella was surprise at how fast it went.

Before anything could start, Janella motioned for Jane to stop talking, she placed two fingers on her lips, held Jane's hand and led her to her room. Jane's heart was racing like wild fires.

"I didn't want Liza or any of our househelp to catch us there, so let's talk here," Janella gently said while closing the door behind her.

Jane looked around, Janella's room was spacious. Her bed was a king size. She has a huge study table facing a huge glass window, a vanity mirror beside her bed and her own comfort room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 21.6K 60
Rhysand, Everything is in here. I'm sorry I stole them. Your hoodie, your cologne, your earrings, your college shirt and all your other shirts, your...
362 15 17
Lexie and Ally are best friends. They are extremely close. The story follows the pair as they slowly discover new feelings and come to terms with tho...
159K 5K 23
It doesn't matters who you love, if that person reciprocates your feeling. Sometimes being, or getting things to be legal, doesn't help with the prob...
6.7K 369 16
We all thought Scömìche was real in 2017, but 2018 changed it all. They have boyfriends, the are not roommates, they are separated. Will their frien...