Marauders ships one shots:)

By noxwstkn_28

Includes: wolfstar, marylily and jegulus for sure, probably some rosekiller, marylene, dorlene, pandalily and... More

gimme gimme a man!!
at the end of the earth

What we call comeback.

159 2 20
By noxwstkn_28

This story takes place after the prank
Remus's pov, 6th year.

maybe one day you'll call me and tell me that you're sorry too.
-from the dining table
Harry Styles.

Remus is pissed, to put it lightly. He feels betrayed, he's exhausted from not getting any sleep, he's exhausted from life in general, he feels heartbroken and he overall feels like shit. Most importantly, he feels sadness. Like a deep pit inside him that he can never fill up, it keeps him from feeling like he could ever be stable, be normal, again.

'Everything is Sirius' fault.' he thinks.

Getting vengeance on the boy seems like a completely reasonable thing to do right now, even sounds like the only sane thing he could possibly think of. He actually had two options but one of them involved setting the whole school on fire, so he'll stick to the first plan for now.

The thing is, Remus knows Sirius more than he'd like to admit. And he knows exactly what strings to pull to get to the boy. Those strings, almost all controlled by one puppet master, one person who has immediate access to every negative emotions Sirius may feel. Said emotions that Remus exactly wants the boy to feel right at this moment.

Regulus Black.

He isn't playing fair, he knows it. But frankly, he couldn't care less, Sirius deserves it. He deserves all of it.

And Remus knows exactly what to do to set off all of Sirius' buttons.

And so, as he crosses the great hall at 7am exactly, with his head high and his back straight, he walks right past the Gryffindor's table.

He fantastically ignores the "Moony!" that James lets out and the hushed "what's he doin'??" from Peter and he keeps walking.

He also ignores the complete silence from Sirius, pretending he didn't feel a hurtful pang in his chest, convincing himself that it's for the best. After all he hates Sirius doesn't he? Right?

His heartbeat rising, he reaches the Slytherin's table. As he targets his (clueless) partner in crime, he feels a small smile tugging the corner of his lips. This was going to be good.

Regulus and a very pretty girl he knows to be named Dorcas Meadowes were sitting at a respectful distance on the same side of the table. On the other side, facing them, was the complete opposite interaction. Evan Rosier and a black haired guy that he doesn't know very well (Barty something if his memory's right) were sitting shoulder to shoulder, arms bumping every time they moved, quietly giggling with each other.

Remus took a big inspiration and pushed Dorcas to the side slightly, quickly sitting between her and Regulus.

"Well hello guys." He said, casually.
'Please play along please please please.'

Dorcas looked at him with a confused smile but she didn't seem too phased by his presence, that was good at least. He likes her, he decides.

Regulus, being his usual pissing off self, just seemed bored.

"Remus Lupin. What do we own the pleasure?"
he said sarcastically.

"Good morning Reggie," he took pleasure in the way Regulus' face twisted comically at the nickname, Dorcas stiffened a laugh. "I'm here to ask your help. Well. To ask a service."

"I don't offer my help to people your kind, Lupin. You can fuck off." He said, flatly.

"Don't you want to make Sirius mad?" he asked quickly, quite desperately. He needs to keep him interested.

"On a daily basis, yes. Why?"

"That's awesome, me too." He took a deep breath and tried his best to keep his composure as he asked;

"Would you snog me?"

"What."

Remus couldn't even say anything, Dorcas bursted out laughing, hiding her face in her hands.

Regulus' mouth twisted into something that could look like a smile if you squinted your eyes enough. This was working perfectly.

For anyone outside the conversation, it looked just as if Remus said something great enough to make Regulus Black smile.
Which he technically did but, it's better if no one actually knows what he said.

"Lupin, you are absolutely insane." He deadpanned. "No I do not want to kiss you, let alone here. Why would I, for Merlin's sake, want to kiss you in the great hall?"
He could have sounded mad, but the corners of his lips were still a bit more upwards than usual.

Okay, well, he managed to make him smile. In front on Sirius, who has tried to do the same for years without success. That was a win.

Remus, having achieved what he came to do, was just about to leave. He was also a hundred percent sure that Sirius had watched the entire interaction, as he was sitting perfectly in his viewing angle. He thought he was done there and was about to get up when suddenly;

"I'd be down, Remus."

Evan.

Jesus, he almost forgot this guy was there.

Wait, what?

What?

That could actually be something.

Sure, Evan Rosier wasn't Regulus Black, heir of the oldest and most honourable house of black, purest blood family of Britain and little brother of Sirius Black.
But he was still a slytherin, wasn't he? And a friend of Regulus.

"Would you now?"

Evan looked completely frozen into place, face growing red, in a way that could've been comical if Remus was in the right mindset.

"Oh come on you whore, you know you want to! Not like you've been any subtle about it!" Barty let out, loudly.
That completely took Dorcas out, she was now hiding her face in her book on the table, laughing even louder than before.

Regulus let out a little shaky breath which sounded like a silent chuckle.

This was working so much better than he intended it to.

Remus took a quick look behind him to see if Sirius was watching. He was. In fact he was staring directly into Remus' eyes as soon as he turned his head. As soon as Sirius tried to give him a smile, he quickly turned back to Evan.

"Alright then. Lets do this." he said flatly.

Leaning over the table to reach the blonde, he grabbed him by his green uniform tie to yank him towards himself. As soon at their lips touched the entire hall went completely silent. Only for a second.

An instant after, all he could hear were cheers all around him, in an almost deafening way. He could clearly hear Mary, Marlene and Lily at the gryffindor's table, cheering louder than everyone else. That was good, they were sitting right beside Sirius, which meant he could see well.

As Evan's hands reached up to grab his hair at the back of his head, he didn't feel anything. The action that would have gotten a pretty big reaction out of him if it had been performed by a certain long black haired and blue eyed gryffindor boy, didn't seem all that special to him right now. Because he didn't feel anything towards Evan. This was just for fun and getting reactions out of Sirius, which wasn't very fair of him, he knew it. But he didn't care.

When he felt Evan's tongue flick up his closed lips, trying to get serious, he pulled away. There's still a limit to what you can and cannot do on the table at 7 in the morning.

As he sat back down, the cheering calmed enough for him to hear someone at the table behind him get up quickly. Footsteps that he could recognize anywhere left the room hastily, and he got the confirmation that he was right when he heard James let out a weak;
"Wha- Padfoot wait!"
And Jame's footsteps quickly followed Sirius'.

Remus felt a small smile set on his lips.

Regulus gave him a small elbow hit, grinning slightly,

"Well you killed that one Lupin."

As he was about to answer, Dorcas pushed him back a bit, still smiling ear to ear.

"Now get your queer bum off our table, pshtpsht" she said while making weird hand moves, like what you'd do to push away a fly.

Remus laughed and got up, hearing a small "bye Remus!" From Evan. He winked at Lily when he walked past the Gryffindor's table, her face settled in a comically chocked expression. 

He walked out the hall and settled for a walk around the lake.

This went fantastically.

WOOOHOO first story finished, I thought abt most of that in the bus to school lmao and then my friend Gregory helped me finalize the idea (shoutout to greg youre cool af)

I hope you'll enjoy anything that I write in here!!

Also none of the stories are connected with one another!!! Like obviously they're from the same fandom but they're not linked with each other:)

OKAY BYE DRINK WATER AND PLS VOTE BECAUSE VOTING IS COOL<3

Yours sincerely, N:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 32.1K 60
In which Daniel Ricciardo accidentally adds a stranger into his F1 group chat instead of Carlos Sainz.
1.7M 62.4K 43
" Wtf is wrong with you, can't you sleep peacefully " " I-Its pain..ning d-down there, I can't...s-sleep " " JUST SLEEP QUIETLY & LET ME ALSO SLEEP...
370K 32.2K 91
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: β€’.Β°NORMALΒ°.β€’ (So go read that one first)
742K 20.2K 75
α€™α€„α€Ία€Έα€Ÿα€¬ α€œα€°α€žα€¬α€Έα€α€½α€±α€€α€­α€―α€€α€šα€Ία€α€„α€Ία€”α€±α€α€²α€·α€†α€›α€¬α€α€”α€Ία€™α€œα€±α€Έα€•α€±α€™α€šα€·α€Ία€€α€­α€―α€šα€·α€Ία€‘α€α€½α€€α€Ία€α€±α€¬α€· α€‘α€α€»α€…α€Ία€α€½α€±α€€α€―α€žα€•α€±α€Έα€™α€šα€·α€Ί α€‘α€α€»α€…α€Ία€’α€±α€«α€€α€Ία€α€¬α€™α€œα€±α€Έα€•α€«..... #စဝ်ခ...