Phantom Love

By Nordlys242

I'm a ghost. Or at least I think I'm a ghost. No one can see me and I've been wandering the world aimlessly f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13: Forrest
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17: Kieran
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: Emerson
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23: Drazik
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Update
Chapter 26: Leandre
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: Forrest
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33: Leandre
Chapter 34
Chapter 35: Keitaro
Chapter 36
Chapter 37: The Guys
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 45

1.4K 78 49
By Nordlys242

       My nose wakes me up and before I know it I'm sitting up in bed before my brain has time to fully process anything. I fight to open my eyes, barely registering the two arms sliding down my torso to rest in my lap from where they were resting on my upper stomach and chest. The touch of them grounds me and I blink as my brain wakes up a little more. I look to see Dre and Ki-ki to either side of me and the sleepiness recedes even more when I think of what the three of us could get up to right at this moment. Almost as if they had heard what I thought, they both groan and their hands move until they're around my thighs, squeezing lightly. The only thing that distracts me from the heat growing in my lower belly is a movement farther away from the bed. What was it that woke me up? I think to myself, inhaling deeply. My head turns and my eyes immediately snap to the source of the mouth watering scent and the words are out before I can even consciously form them.

       "Bacon?" I ask as my eyes land on Em and Forrest setting the table, a large platter of bacon sitting in the middle. I ignore the fact that a table somehow has made its way into the room overnight and begin my crawl over the bodies in the bed to get to the table. Bacon means more food is coming and I need the best position at the table if I am to be the breakfast champion.

       I hear a few oofs and groans as my knees and hands land on various body parts. I distractedly throw out some apologies as I slide off the side of the bed, my feet hitting the cold stone floor, making me pause. The minute they do, like a demon trying to escape it's flesh prison, a full body shiver takes over. Sighing, I pause to envision some big fluffy socks on my feet. Is it taking from my mission of breakfast champion? Yes but also, comfy socks. The magic flows out of me immediately and I smile sleepily at the newfound ease that seems to have occurred since fully mating. Usually I had to work at making sure I manifested clothing onto only myself. With how erratic my power levels were before there was always a chance whatever I end up envisioning for myself could also replace whatever the clothing the guys were wearing. This time though? This time was like breathing. 

        I make my way sleepily to the table and take a seat, grabbing the plate of bacon and putting it in front of me. As I munch on a piece I look inside of myself and reach out to my magic. Instead of having to wrestle the magic in the direction I wanted it to go with pure force of will, I watch as the glowing mass of power inside of me seems to almost mimic my movements, reaching out to me as I reach for it. I wonder what fully mating has done for the guys and their newly gained abilities. I watch as Ki-ki, Dre, and Drazik slowly get out of bed and can't help but smile at their messy hair and sleepy expressions. 

       "Good morning, darling," Em says as he leans down and kisses the top of my head, setting what I'm assuming is a London fog beside me. I can't pay attention to that though as his shirtless torso on full display and the bacon I'm munching on is entirely forgotten as I get lost in the beauty of his mate mark. 

        "I love when you guys are shirtless in the morning." I say, loving the sight of my mark on all of them. When Kei comes walking out of the bathroom, his hair is still wet and his shorts are slung low on his hips, making me want to taste him instead of breakfast right in that moment. 

       When he turns to throw a towel over a hook on the wall I simply smile as I enjoy the look of my mating mark on him as well. I wonder at the metal chain tattooed into his skin from right wrist to right shoulder, a wicked looking spiked metal ball hanging off the end of it.. Not understanding how I had no idea he had that, especially seeing as he's made me cum multiple times already. I feel like I should have noticed that. Does it make me a shitty mate that I didn't notice it?

       I watch the rounded table fill up quickly as Forrest and Em settle to either side of me, Drazik and Kei across from me and Kieran and Dre sit in the remaining two chairs. My eyes remain locked on Kei and I allow my eyes to see past normal perception, looking into his aura to see if this is a new addition to his mate marks. The wisps of purple intermingled with gold and silver don't show up anywhere on his aura except for along his back where my mating mark is. The color that seems to be radiating from the chain, standing out from his usual sky blue, is a dull grey. Somehow, whatever it is, is blocking its aura from my vision somehow. 

       Before I can demand answers I get distracted by Ki-ki moving out of the corner of my vision, his torso still deliciously uncovered. I mean it wouldn't hurt just to keep my eyes on his chest for a second. It's such a beautiful chest, all lickable and shit.

       "You're welcome to spend the morning shirtless as well, wee one." Kieran says in a sexy as fuck morning voice, winking at me as he drags a cup of coffee towards himself.

       "I'll keep that in mind." I say, winking back.

       All of the guys stop what they're doing and focus their heated gazes on me as if they're wishing right now would be that moment. Well until we're no longer in a cave they're shit out of luck because it is unreasonably chilly in the morning. 

       "If it's too cold for you in the morning, elskede, we can light the fire before you wake up." Dre says and I eye him. 

        "Did you just read my mind?" I ask because I swear I did not say that out loud. 

       He blinks a few times, "Not intentionally." He looks around at the others but it's Forrest that speaks up. 

      "I think we all heard that, doll." They all exchange a look before he turns back to me, "Seems like the new bond comes with new surprises." 

       With that statement an image flashes through my head, one of me up against a wall, Ro-ro's hand wrapped around my throat. I look over at the clock and groan, it's not even eight in the morning and I'm already horny. Then my eyes catch on the rest of my guys and they're all giving me those heated looks again and I realize we all got the same mental picture. 

        "Not cool, man." Kieran says with a groan, "I have plans this morning that don't include a raging hard-on." 

         My eyes land on him and I smirk, about to say exactly what he can do with that hard-on when a hand grips the back of my hair, tilting my head up, and a strawberry appears at my lips. I can't help but open up and allow the sweetness to coat my mouth. 

         "Turnabout is fair play, doll." Forrest says into my ear before letting go, "Besides, you need to eat before your training with Ceto. She's coming to pick you up soon." 

       At the mention of food my attention drifts to the spread before us and I steeple my fingers together, creating a plan of attack in my head. I start with these little pastries that seem to have some sort of egg in the middle. I look to Em and he just smiles before telling me it's something called an egg souffle and I nod, moving on to the meats. I've had three strips of bacon as everyone settled themselves so I decide on something different for the main course, stabbing two little sausages and dropping them on my plate before eyeing everything else. 

       After asking a dozen questions my plate is filled with an egg souffle, two sausages, a rolled crepe filled with strawberries and some sort of hazelnut and chocolate spread, a melon cup, and some little crispy potato cubes. Apparently they're just called breakfast potatoes which is lame, they should come up with a better name, every potato dish needs the best name because potatoes are the best. Like seriously, so far I've had them in like 15 different forms and every one of them has been delicious except for potato salad, that shit was weird. Don't even get me started on chicken and tuna salad. Another one of those full body shivers takes me over as I cringe internally at the memory of trying those. Just because someone adds mayo to something doesn't make it a salad, it just makes it soggy and gross.

        I look at all the guy's choices and I chuckle to myself. I'm totally the breakfast champion this morning. I have all the best foods. None of them have any chocolate on their plates. I smile triumphantly before digging in, not wasting a minute more on conversation. When my plate is cleaned and I feel like I'm going to have to be rolled out of the room I sigh contentedly and lean over, resting my head on Ro-ro's shoulder as I sip at the london fog Em made me. 

       I think about climbing onto his lap momentarily then, deciding that it's too much work and I'm much too blimp-like at the moment to successfully attempt such a maneuver, rest my full weight against his arm. Before I have time to truly get settled though I'm being grabbed, picked up, and dragged onto his lap so I'm facing sideways, his arm at my back, and my head resting against his collarbone. I lean forward a little and give his neck a slight kiss.

        "Did you read my mind?" I ask happily. 

        He chuckles softly, "Wouldn't say I read it. It was more like a picture of you curled up on my lap was projected into my head and how could I deny that opportunity?" 

        I smile into his neck and melt into him for a few minutes before there's a knock at the door and I begrudgingly climb off the lap I'm currently melting into and give a good stretch.

       "Looks like it's time for our training, kitten." Kei says, sending through an image of me stretching side by side with an image of Luna doing the same thing. 

       Gasping, I spin and look around the room then to the guys, "Where's Luna?" I ask before groaning, "I'm such a bad cat mom. I've been so busy collecting orgasms I've completely neglected that fluffy little bean." 

       Before anyone can answer the door swings open and Ceto strides in, a small fluffy kitten sitting on her shoulders. She smiles at me, having heard what I said, "Don't worry about her, cousin. She's been occupying herself dealing with our pest problems. Mice are a constant issue even at the bottom of the ocean. The servants have requested we get some cats down here after seeing how wonderfully Luna has kept them in line." She scratches behind Luna's ear and I can hear the purr from across the room, "Do you think there are some topside who wouldn't mind living down here?" 

       I hear all the guys chuckle but it's Em that speaks up, "Humans seem to not be the best at taking care of animals as the shelters," Ceto raises a brow at that term and he continues, explaining, "places for orphaned animals without suitable homes, are always overrun with cats." 

       I nod, "He's right, there are shelters everywhere and a lot of them refuse to take more cats due to lack of space." I walk over and scoop Luna off her shoulder and hug her to me, letting her small, soft, kitten body settle into the crook of my neck. "Are you thinking you're just wanting palace cats that roam freely? Or do you want them to live with staff members?" 

        Ceto smiles, "I want to let them roam, the staff will take care of them regardless of whether or not they're claimed or not." 

        Drazik steps up to me and Luna happily climbs onto my shoulder before launching herself at him and snuggling up on his massive shoulder. He chuckles, "Get us a number before we leave and we'll get you how ever many of these rascals you want." He gives my butt a swat and I give a little squeak, "Now, go train. We'll clean up here and make sure Luna is taken care of." 

      Ceto turns to Kei, "You are coming with, correct?" 

      He nods and she smiles in approval before looking to me, "Might want to put on something more than just a t-shirt at fuzzy socks, cousin." 

       I look down and giggle. While I wouldn't mind walking around like this I'm sure the guys would have something to say about it so instead I imagine a pair of comfy fitted drawstring sweat pants, a simple sports bra, a loose fitted long sleeve crop top that falls off one shoulder, and my trusty doc martens. Ceto turns on her heel once I'm fully clothed and heads back out the door. I grab Kei's hand and quickly follow after her like a kid at disney land for the first time. I finally have someone to show me how to use my magic and I can't wait any longer. Once we catch up to her I hesitantly ask. 

       "So you're going to teach me how to avoid detonation, right?" I ask, the guys' description of the oil rig my magic tore apart is still floating through my mind. 

       She reaches out and squeezes my hand reassuringly, "Now that you're fully mated the risk of that is almost zero. The only reason it happened before was because you weren't balanced properly so when you pulled from the magic around you, you pulled in way too much and your body couldn't handle it and it, quite literally, exploded out of you." She cocks her head, "Think of the guys as a magic filter. If you take in too much it will siphon off any excess and funnel it to them. Or if you drain yourself too much some of their magic will find its way to you in order to replenish you. The channels were there before but, since you were missing one, it would have taken a concerted effort to transfer magic that way and, in the life and death situation you found yourself in, you wouldn't have had the time to do so." 

        I nod, a part of my anxiety regarding my magic that has always been eating at me, finally settling, "Good. I'm glad to know I'm no longer a danger to those around me." 

        Kei grunts, "You were only ever a danger if someone decided to fuck with you. Not your fault they decided to fuck with you, a literal demigod with unfinished bonds." He scoffs, "Idiots." 

       Ceto nods, "Agreed." 

      We wind our way through a good part of the palace in silence after that, all of us greeting palace staff and visitors as we pass them and I try to learn more of the palace layout. I have very little hope for doing so if I'm being honest. I think I'm just going to have to attach myself to one of my guys. I'm sure they already know the whole thing inside out and all the escape routes. I'm more of a happy to get lost kind of person. I make a mental note to do exactly that at some point. The best exploration happens without a map and this place probably has all sorts of hidden nooks and crannies for me to stumble on. 

       We finally arrive at a large room very similar to the one I was healed in. A pool of water sits at the end of the room complete with a hole in the ceiling where water slowly cascades down from. As with most parts of this palace, plants sit along all the walls, nourished by the strips of sunlight at the top and bottom corners. My attention snags on the elderly woman sitting by the pool. When we're about halfway across the room she looks up and Kei falters in his steps and Ceto smiles. 

       "Kei, while I train Raven, this will be your trainer. Her name is May and she is a kraken shifter like yourself." She motions to Kei next, "May this is Kei. He will be your pupil for the foreseeable future." She stands and shuffles closer, staring into Kei's eyes as they oscillate between the galaxies I love so much and the brown that reminds me of chocolate. 

        The woman's eyes are also shifting now that I'm looking closer. Hers go from the same galaxy-like patterns to an amber color. This woman must truly be ancient if just going by her appearance. Shifters age incredibly slowly so the fact she looks like she's in her 80's in terms of human years means she must be nearing a millennia at least. 

       Kei bows his head saying, "Elder, it will be a privilege working with you."  

       She laughs, "I may be your elder on this plane but that beast of yours is the true ancient here." 

        His mouth pops open and he simply blinks a few times before saying, "We are of the same age, are we not?" 

       She laughs, "In this reincarnation, yes. He came into consciousness again the same time you did but his soul, his genetic knowledge, is some of the oldest I've ever felt. He may even be one of the Originals." 

         Ceto sucks in a breath and asks, "Are you sure?" at the same time I ask, "What's an Original?" 

          May simply smiles at us all, "I will explain but perhaps we can sit for a moment? These old bones grow tired and the walk over here was taxing." 

       Ceto gives her a stern look as she waves a hand and a few comfy arm chairs appear, "You could have taken the transport I sent you." 

        "I'll take it on the way back, a little bit of exercise is good for me. If I don't use it I'll lose it." May explains like it's obvious and I nod because, I get it. Like Forrest always tells me during training, you can't let your body grow complacent or else you'll lose your edge. She focuses back on Kei again, "I have only met one person before whose beast was dominant to my own." She raises her chin, "I am the oldest survivor of our race. I have the power of foresight and managed to escape before tyranny set in and the elders council was assassinated." She scoffs, "Fools refused to listen to me." 

       "Who was the one you met before?" Kei asks, curiosity lacing his tone.

       "You, my dear boy." She smiles, "before your monster of a father took you away from the clan." She continues and I watch as Kei goes perfectly still out of the corner of my eye, "Have you ever wondered why you have knowledge others don't seem to possess? For example, do you know how our race came to be? Under what circumstances?" He nods in an absent sort of shocked manner and she smiles, "That is knowledge all but lost to those but the oldest of us. Your beast is ancient, this is just his first reincarnation in quite some time. He is still remembering who he is. He is still coming into his own." I can tell there's something she's leaving out but at the stunned expression on Kei's face I can tell he's taken in enough information for now and I'm glad she can also sense that. "I'll let you process what I've said for a while more." May says, "Speak with your beast, do some self reflection, and when you're done I can teach you how to tap into chaos." 

        I squeeze Kei's hand before leaning in and kissing his cheek, "I'll talk to you after I'm done training." I tell him before walking away with Ceto to the other side of the room. 

       "So have you been using any magic since waking up?" She asks. 

        I nod, "I have but only to conjure clothing." 

        She hums, "Give me a run down of your abilities and we can go from there."

        "Immortality, energy manipulation, sublimation, dream walking, umbra-kinesis, and nature manipulation." I cock my head, "There's also a few new skills given to me from mating but I haven't quite figured them out yet." I chuckle dryly, "Things have been kind of hectic." 

        Ceto nods, "Understandable. Immortality comes from being a demi-god. Or, at least, that's what I think you are." She cocks her head and I raise an eyebrow, waiting for her to continue. "None of us know who your father is. If it's another god then you are a full fledged godling and we can expect your power to grow exponentially." She shrugs, "No way to know for now outside of your abilities themselves which should give us a few clues. Your mother is Nyx so energy manipulation is obviously from her."

       "How do you know that?" I ask, confused as fuck now. 

       "Nyx is the moon goddess as well as the goddess of magic itself and energy manipulation is the ability to use magic in its most raw form. Your only limitation here is your imagination while most are limited to a specific area or specialization of magic. Your mother also is also the goddess of night so your dream walking, sublimation, and shadow manipulation could be from her as well though there are a few other places it could have come from as well. The nature manipulation is interesting though." Ceto cocks her head, "That isn't a skill I'm aware of Nyx having so your father must be tied to nature in some way shape or form, based on your other skills I'd assume a darker part of nature or nature as a whole. If he was an elemental you'd have skills in one specific area, not nature as a whole." 

       I nod, "Okay that makes more sense. I thought some of my powers would have stemmed from Nyx and others from Gaia. You know, light and dark." 

       "That would have been true if you weren't born of a god, or possibly, gods. Most power follows along gender lines in families though so I'm not surprised if you have an offshoot or two of your father's power without having anything that's directly related to his power." When she sees another confused expression on my face she smiles, "Gods, elementals, eternals, and a few other species pass down powers and abilities to like kin. For example, if you had a daughter she would have a stronger tie to Nyx's abilities than your fathers. If you had a son then he would have abilities that stemmed from your father and not you or Nyx. While Gaia and your father could both be of nature, the power wouldn't step from Gaia as she is more like a step sister to Nyx." 

        I nod, "And the power is going to lessen with each generation, correct?" I ask because this is something that's been on my mind on and off. There was mention of the witches powers becoming less and less potent over time due to distance away from the original source. Apparently that's what has caused them to self isolate and become so secretive. If that's going to happen again I would like to know and plan accordingly.

        Ceto laughs, "No that only happened this last time round because your mother had a child with a human and not another supe. If she had you with someone of equal power then the power won't be diluted with each following generation as long as the offspring from your line also mate with like-powered supernaturals." She sighs, "Witches over time have become obsessed with keeping bloodlines pure because they think that's how to keep their powers in tact. Sadly they are wildly incorrect. That was understood before the fall of the High Temple. When it fell a lot of knowledge was lost and the witch community became afraid and insular." She smiles at me, "Your arrival will change all of that." 

       I nod, "I'm going to try my best to right what has gone wrong and bring some sort of balance to the supe community." 

       She smiles, "I know you will, cousin. Now, let's work on what your most comfortable with first then go from there." 

       The next few hours are spent finding new ways to use my energy manipulation and I'm shocked at the range I have. I can conjure stuff out of nothing as long as I'm focusing on it. At one point I conjure a unicorn just because I can. I learn that I can conjure food but it won't actually fill me up the way real food can as it's not truly of the earth but of magic. When Ceto said my only limitation was my imagination she was spot on. If my memory of something isn't perfect then an imperfect rendering is what I'm left with which lets me know I need to prepare mentally before using this in any sort of tactical manner once we're topside again.

       My stomach eventually interrupts us though and, before we can move on to the next thing, it's growling at me to take care of it. I roll my eyes and see that Kei is making his way towards me, May having left already. Ceto tells me she'll see me tomorrow and I allow Kei to lead me back to our room and, hopefully, more food. 

4375 words---------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello everyone! I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've updated! My parents moved out of their house this past summer and because of my stepdad having cancer and my grandma being elderly a lot of that fell on my mother, myself, and my husband as they didn't have money for movers. Shortly after that I found out I was pregnant then, the following day, had to get my appendix out. Recovery was brutal then morning sickness kicked in and kicked my ass for a solid 15 weeks. Since then my husband and I have been spending all our time rearranging our entire lives to get ready to welcome this new existence into the world! 

I was able to update is because I'm recovering from some viral illness and while I'm not well enough to go to work or do house work, I am well enough to write. I'm hoping to update more often, especially after the baby is here and I'm in postpartum recovery mode and in need of something to get me through the hormone crash! 

Again, so sorry for the late update! Going to attempt to update again within the month.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452K 17.5K 36
I am just about to turn around and head down the alley toward the street when I see two shadows step away from the wall a little farther down from wh...
631K 34.6K 67
Time didn't matter to her. She got up when the sun did and tried to sleep when the sun went down. because of this seemingly endlessness, she's forgot...
314K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...
13.4K 694 20
One vampire. Five witches. One young woman alone in the world who doesn't know about her own power. Five men who've promised to protect her. Hot and...