By Fortunate Chance

By kinkielou16

A story about college lovers who fell apart. Will they be able to rekindle their romance? Disclaimer: Some n... More

The Freshman
The Mysterious Hero
The First Move
The Rekindling
The Falling Apart
The Multiple Choice
The Big Decision
The Ball Life
The Second Chance
The Cunning Snake
The Surprise Birthday

The Unwanted Hindrance

113 7 0
By kinkielou16

Jane now had a new inspiration to go to school. Everyday for her was a chance to see her not-so-mysterious girl, Janella. She was not afraid to talk to her anymore. Every chance she gets, she makes sure she makes the girl smile with a crazy small joke, and Janella would do the same. But somehow, none of them had the courage to go further, choosing to hide away how they feel for each other, choosing to remain friends.

For Jane, she was scared to know that Janella won't feel the same way. She was scared of rejection. She didn't want to go through with the rejection she felt when her father disowned her.

She was still in High School and it was her first time to know that she actually had a biological father. She went to meet him, only to find out, he didn't want to know her because she was a past he didn't want to remember. It broke her and scarred her for life.

For Janella, she was scared of hurting others, most especially her friend, Julia, who has been vocal of her feelings towards Jane. She could remember how it felt when she lost a close friend over an infatuation back in High School. She didn't want to go through that again.

It was a puppy love, a puppy crush. She and her best friend liked the same guy but the guy only like Janella. They entered into a relationship, but her best friend, after finding out, felt rejection and betrayal. She gave in to the dark. She cut off their friendship, got into multiple relationships and got pregnant at such a young age without knowing who the father was. Her life became miserable that she started taking horrible vices. She did not want to go through that again.

Two broken souls, scared of losing again. So with unspoken understanding, the two remained acquaintances.

"Hello hater!" Jane would sometimes call out when they come across each other. "Hi there, clumsy!" Janella would reply.

**********

Intramurals came fast. Jane and her team bagged the championship, which means she's going to be leading the team to the Inter-school tournament.

The cheerdance squad bagged the 1st runner up, and they still get to compete in the inter-school competition as well. However, not all of the members of the squad are Biology students, and the inters-chool competition is open only to Biology and Human Biology students. Some of the members, including Liza, Janella's sister, had to drop from the team. And in order to replace them, Biology students were compelled to join, including Janella, who replaced her sister's spot.

Janella felt a little bit awkward because unlike her sister, it was not her thing. Instead of short skirts, she wears skinny pants, instead of tank tops, she wears lose shirts. She knew how to dance just as well as her sister does but not in a cheer dance way. But Janella did not have a choice at all, their professor promised them exemption from the final examination. Janella is smart, she knew she can top her examination, but she chose to skip them, partly because she didn't want to tire herself in studying, and perhaps partly, to get to see Jane.

**********

"De Leon! Eyes on the board!" Miss Villanueva shouted at the top of her voice. Jane was about to doze off. She was too tired from last night's practice. They had to double time because the inter-school tournament is coming up and they've completely re-grouped the team since most of their former team mates were not Biology students. They are now composed of all Biology students but not all of them are that good so she had to help their coach train them all.

"Sorry Miss, I was just praying." And the class broke in laughter.

"Jane, can you still keep up?" Mara whispered. "What happened to your lowkey plan?"

Jane just gave smirk. "This tournament is going to be the last, Mara."

"Ok, so how are your preparations for the field trip tomorrow?" Miss Villanueva continued.

Each pair gave the Ecology class an update. Julia spoke up for Jane.

"Good! De Leon, you might be this division's MVP but I'm not giving you special treatments. You can't skip the field trip. Are you going to be excused for the practice? Or do you want me to talk to your coach?"

"All's well, Miss".

"Good! Ok, class, see you tomorrow at our rendezvous."

Julia turned to Jane, "Are you ok? I can do all the swimming tomorrow if you want". Jane gave Julia a reassuring look. "Yes, I'll be fine. Don't worry", she replied briefly cupping Julia's chin. "See you tomorrow gorgeous".

Jane can be a flirt sometimes. Mara rolled her eyes at Jane, who just gave her a chuckle. "You f*cking like the attention, *ssh*le! I told you not to lead her on!"

"I'm not!" Jane said laughing, and Mara punched her really hard on her arm as they left the classroom.

"Didn't hurt," Jane teased and laughed.

**********

They were now on a little boat heading to the first island to check. Each student were seated next to their partners. As usual, Jane was with Mara and their partners. As soon as the boat stopped and anchored, they all motioned to change to their swimming attire. Jane was already in her one piece, her lean body showing off a little. She had perfectly shaped abs, and her beefy arm exposed.

Julia, who was sitting next to her, started to undress. Underneath her floral dress, she wore a green two piece. Jane watched her as her dress fell off exposing her fair, silky skin, and the curves of her body. Her hair fell on her shoulders lightly. Jane had her eyes glued to Julia. It was clear to see that Julia was her type. She licked her lips at the sight of her gorgeous partner.

"I'm guessing you like what you see," Julia interrupted. Jane just smiled. "Let's start."

As if on signal, Jane stood up, grabbed her snorkels and a GoPro, and dove into the water. Julia was impressed at how Jane gracefully entered the water. Her form was perfect like she was a professional diver.

A minute or so after, Jane came out of the water, sat on the boat with Julia as they started going through the pictures and taking note of their species. Jane went back into the water several more times to find more.

When it looked like they've recorded as much as they can, Jane laid on the bamboo floor, making deep breaths. She was out of breath. Julia was already done taking notes and was concerned of Jane's condition so she dropped the notebook she was holding and approached Jane. Upon reaching, Jane grabbed Julia and dragged her to the water. They made huge and loud splashes, and started laughing.

"I want you to see the corals with your own eyes," Jane said handing Julia the snorkels. "That's so sweet of you," Julia replied.

Julia instantly wore it and went into the water. She was in awe of what she saw. It took her less than a minute before going back out of the water. She was gleeful that her eyes shone like the sun.

"It's---It's lovely!" And they both giggled. "Thank you, Jane." She said as they went back up to the boat, and planted a kiss on Jane's cheeks.

It was a beautiful day. Jane didn't make it to practice, and while the activity was somehow tiring, it calmed her senses. She was now ready for another day.

**********

Several days passed by, and it's finally time for the Inter-school tournament. The players and the participants will all be riding on the school bus. But first, the moderators and advisers made sure everyone was there before embarking the bus.

Jane was early as usual. When she's looking forward to a tournament, she doesn't want to be late. Her teammates started coming in. After a while, a beautiful girl made her entrance. She was wearing her usual cheer dance outfit, ready to win this time.

"Hi gorgeous!" Jane greeted. Julia's eyes widened as her lips formed a smile exposing her dimples.

Someone else is still missing though. Jane stood at the school's gate waiting for someone. A familiar car pulled over, the window was down. Ali waved a "hi" to Jane and Jane waved back.

The back passenger door opened and out came the most mesmerizing beauty. Jane didn't realize how much she missed seeing Janella until now. But something was different, she was not in her usual plain shirt and skinny jeans. Sure, she saw Janella beautiful even as she dons a plain shirt and skinny jeans. But her, in a cheer dance attire, exposed her sexy curves, her fair-skinned, slender legs, her perfectly-shaped broad shoulders, and her collar bones that now seemed to compliment her build. Her wavy hair dangled and danced as she walked up to the entrance of the gate.

Jane was glued to the ground. It was like seeing Janella for the first time. As her mysterious girl, came closer, her heart began to beat loud and wild. Her throat was suddenly dry. Her jaw dropped as Janella inched closer and closer, soon she had to bite her lip. She was ready to welcome a kiss.

Janella inched more closer, and whispered, "Clumsy!"

Jane rolled her eye, "hater!" She responded with a smile. A smile that showed how happy she was even at the sight of her mysterious girl. Although Janella was no longer a mysterious girl, what remained between them is still a mystery that neither of them wanted to explore.

Janella walked up to Julia and the other cheer dancers. Jane looked over to them. Julia was her type but this Janella made her feel things she never felt before. She can't explain why she wanted Janella this much. Was it because of the mystery? Or was it because all her life, she's the only girl who continued to resist her charm?

One by one, the players and dancers started embarking the bus. Jane made sure everyone gets a seat, before she secures hers. When she was sure everyone had their seats, she went up the bus, only to find out, their coach did not embark yet. However, there was no more space.

Just then, Julia stood up and sat on Jane's lap. Janella, who was sitting opposite them glanced briefly, before turning her eyes away from them. She felt her heart ache. She too wanted Jane so much, but the ghosts of her past are keeping her.

Meanwhile, Jane wanted to look towards Janella but she can't. As soon as their coach sat, she held on to Julia to keep the latter from falling. Julia in turn, held Jane's hands and clenched it, allowing their fingers to intertwine. Jane felt her heart racing as her hands grew clammy.

Upon reaching the venue, everyone disembarked. Jane immediately let go of Julia and got down the bus to look for Janella, but she was nowhere to be found.

Disappointed, she turned around to get her bag and went ahead. Julia, who was following next to her, slid her hand on Jane's arm.

"Uhm.. Julia, can we talk later?" Jane said gathering all her courage.

"Yes, of course," Julia replied with a smile.

The events started and went on. At the end of the day, Jane and her team again bagged the championship. The cheer dance squad this time, also got the championship. They said congratulations to each other.

Jane wanted to give Janella a hug but the latter merely reached out her hand for a handshake and a high five. "You continue to nail it, clumsy!" She said while messing Jane's hair.

"Thank you, hater. And you got the championship. Looks like all it took was a Janella Salvador to win", Jane said with a wink. She can't help but adore the girl in front of her. She was divine, and somehow, Jane wanted Janella to want her but her mystery girl just seems to still be clothed with mystery, showing no clue at all.

Just then, Julia grabbed Jane from behind, and hugged her. "Congratulations, bubba!" Julia greeted. Jane was confused, when did Julia start to give her a pet name?

"Can we talk? Back there in school?" Jane uttered.

"Of course, babe!"

When Jane, looked back, Janella was again, gone.

As soon as the awarding was done, the bus brought them back to school. Jane's car was parked at her usual spot, near the empty store. She invited Julia to talk insider the car. She turned on the engine and the air conditioning.

"Julia, I don't know how to say this but... back there in the bus, earlier this morning, I felt you and the way you held my hand..."

"Did you like it?" Julia asked cutting Jane off.

"Yes, I did, but..."

"That's all that matters. I expected that from you and I like that you like it." And after saying that, Julia reached out to Jane for a hug.

Now, Jane was confused. She didn't even get the chance to explain.

"I'm so happy you're mine now", Julia continued.

Was I giving her mixed signals?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 369 16
We all thought Scömìche was real in 2017, but 2018 changed it all. They have boyfriends, the are not roommates, they are separated. Will their frien...
5.8K 185 16
Sometimes life is seems to play with you more than you think. When all you want is to love and to be loved. But when you fell for someone that your...
16.7K 591 30
A JaneNella story where they are forced to marry each other. Jane De Leon is the daughter of a very rich man that owns a company, her dream is to be...
106K 6.4K 25
Completed. I keep replaying her words over and over. They cut through me life a knife shaking me to my very core. She spoke her truth but, she could...