Blurred

By JoniiG

Loosing your memory at the age of six, can also mean loosing a crucial part of your life. Y/n has to come fac... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 34

84 1 1
By JoniiG

Finally, after such a long time, it feels peaceful at home. You had breakfast with your parents like you used to everyday and had random conversations.

You felt safe and genuinely happy after all the sadness you went through. The only thing you are a little sad about now is Hina. Now that you know the whole truth about your lives, you want to help her remember again. Her real memories.

There is time for that later, though. A few days off were given to the students to recover from their injuries and even though you told Katsuki you were fine, Recovery Girl said your rib took minor damage. It's ironic because you joked about it being broken when Katsuki asked you if you were okay.

You texted Izuku the night before to inform him that you would go alone to school.

Well, in fact, you told him to go alone. You were planning on going with someone else.

"Good morning," You greeted Katsuki as he passed through U.A. 's gates. "Mind if we walk together?"

"Did the nerd ditch you?" He said, while walking towards you.

"No," You scoff lightly. "More like I ditched him..." You mumble.

"Hm?"

"Nothing! I, uh, said let's go in." You point with your thumb. He kept looking at your rib; the slightly injured one. The one he caused... "What, is my blazer dirty or some-"

"You dare fucking lie to me and joke about it again," He leaned close to your face and he was as serious as ever. "I'm going to kill you."

"How did you-"

"I asked Recovery Girl," He walked past you and you followed him. "Why do you think I stayed behind?"

Right...He didn't walk with you that day because he said there was something he needed to do and given that you were exhausted both physically and mentally, you didn't bother asking him any further questions and left with Izuku.

So, he didn't believe you when you said you were fine. Which was not a lie; you didn't feel that much pain on your rib in that moment, otherwise you wouldn't even joke about it being broken.

He really cares...but the reason you told Izuku to go alone today was to learn why. Seems Kastuki likes to get in class earlier than you thought, because he had already left when you rang his doorbell, so you basically ran to at least meet him outside.

Of course you weren't going to ask him directly. You just want to gather some hints.

You just wished the weather wouldn't be so gloomy and rainy.

"I didn't lie," You said. "I really didn't feel that bad after the match and I wouldn't joke about it, even if I did. Besides, it's just a minor injury. I'm sure she told you that, so why are you so worried?"

His face twitched; you could tell you put him in a corner. "Minor or not, I was the one who hurt you, bird brain."

"My question remains."

He stops and looks at you. "Why do you?"

He did not just put you in the corner instead. "Wh-What do you mean?"

He took a step closer. "Why do you care about me?"

All of the sudden the light rain sounded so heavy. Like the world was muted and the only thing audible was you two and the rain. It was so loud.

"Uh...I..." You bit your lip. "I just...do. I don't know why."

"You got your answer then."

He took a few steps ahead but you grabbed his arm. "What did you mean? When you said more than friends. What did you mean by that?"

He doesn't even turn his head to face you. "I already answered that question before."

You didn't continue the conversation any further. You just kept walking in silence for a while until he broke it.

"Did you talk with your folks?"

"Uh, yeah I did," You give him half of a smile. "They told me the truth."

He suddenly stops and stares at you for a few seconds. "The truth? Like the whole truth to what happened to you when you were a kid?"

"Yes...What's with..." You draw little circles in the air in front of his face with your index finger. "This reaction?"

He shook his head lightly and made a "neutral" face while walking again. "What reaction?"

"Are you serious?" You ask in genuine confusion. "You were in a state of shock the second I-" You interrupt yourself when you realize the reason for his shock. "Ooh. I see. Are you, by any chance..." You bend down your body enough to look at his face, he was hiding under the umbrella. "Happy about me?"

"Heh!? Of course not! The only thing I'm happy about is that you won't annoy me with that anymore!"

"Okay, okay, no need to yell first thing in the morning."

"Just shut up and walk."

"Aye captain." You say with a chuckle.

***

"Good morning, guys." You entered the class where almost everyone was in. The only ones missing were Izuku and Iida.

"Good morning to you too," Kaminari said with a wide smirk on his face. "Lovebirds."

Both of you turn to look at him the second you hear the last word come out of his mouth.

"Say that again, Sparky, I dare you." Katsuki bit.

"Okay, first of all, how much of an idiot can you be?" Sero said. "And second, it's not our fault you two were all lovey-dovey right outside the school's entrance, where we can see you from the windows."

"Guys!" Kirishima said. "Stop this, you both said you wouldn't mention it."

"Blame Kaminari."

"Ugh."

"Guys, stop," You raised your hand to signal them. "We're not like that at all, we were just talking."

You didn't notice, but Katsuki turned to look at you when you said that. It really wasn't what it seemed but for some reason those words bothered him.

He is also trying to figure out what the hell is going on between you and you saying that was like adding salt to the wound. He just turned in front of him without saying another word.

"I believe someone disagrees." Kaminari chuckles.

Thankfully, Mr. Aizawa entered the class and interrupted the awkward conversation. His bandages were gone. How did he recover so fast after all those injuries from the USJ?

"The old lady went overboard with her treatment," That's how. "More importantly, we're having a special hero informatics class today." Special? Let it not be a quiz, your brain is still trying to comprehend all that information your parents gave you about your past. "Code names. You'll be coming up with hero names."

Though everyone in class got excited, you were a bit nervous. With everything going on in your life, you never actually sat down and gave any thought in your hero name.

That's just great.

You can't just come up with a name just like that. You wanted to pick a meaningful name and think hard about it. The majority of your class, if not all of them, must've thought of some really cool names. Surely Izuku has.

"This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third year, after students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often canceled if that interest dies down by graduation."

Pro heros picking first years is not that common, which means your class must've left a pretty good impression on them. Especially the top three of you.

"So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?" Hagakure in the front asked exactly what you had in mind right now.

"That's right. And here are the totals for those with offers." With a push of a button, all of our names began being listed on the board. "In other years, it's been more spread out, but this year all eyes were on these two.

The moment you saw the top three names and the amount of offers they had, you lost it.

"What!?" You shout.

Three things. First, how come Todoroki got more offers than Katsuki did? It's totally opposite of their placements in the sports festival.

Second, "Are you okay?" You turned around to ask Izuku.

"Midoriya, you didn't get any!" Mineta had grabbed his shoulders and was trying to...comfort him? "They're scared of you 'cause of the crazy way you were fighting."

"Hey!" You flicked his forehead so hard he fell back to his seat.

"It's fine, Y/n," Izuku said. The third thing, "But you got 500 offers! I'm really happy for you!"

It's ironic how you were in the top three, yet only Katsuki and Todoroki got the spotlight but it's fine. You were happy for Katsuki either way.

"Yeah," You said, looking again at the offers. "Didn't expect Kaminari to be that high, though."

"I know, right?" Jirou went on with your joke.

"Hey, that's mean." Kaminari pouted.

You and Jirou laughed and signaled you for a high-five. "Relax, I was joking." You said.

"I wasn't." Jirou said.

"Quiet," Aizawa gave a warning by activating his quirk. "Keeping these results in mind, whether or not anyone was asked for you, you will be participating in internships with pros. At USJ, you already got to experience combat with real villains, but it will still be meaningful training for you to see pros at work firsthand."

"So, that explains the hero names!" Satou said.

"Well, those hero names are still temporary, but if you're not serious about it-"

"You'll have hell to pay later!" Aizawa was interrupted by Midnight. "Because a lot of hero names used by students become recognized by society and they end up becoming professional hero names!"

So no pressure at all.

"Midnight will be making sure your names are okay; I can't do stuff like that." Yeah, you feel more reassured with Midnight approving your names than Mr. Aizawa, if you're being honest. "When you give yourself a name, you get a more concrete image of what you want to be like in the future, and you can get closer to it."

Katsuki passed you paper sheets. Grabbing one, you passed them back to Izuku and stared at the blank page. A name of what you want to be in the future, huh?

Ever since you announced to your parents that you wanted to become a hero, your only goal was to become someone who can protect everyone. You want your wings to become a shield of security for people; for them to feel safe.

So...a protector?

***

"Have you thought of a hero name yet, Y/n?" Your mother asked you while braiding your hair on your room's floor, in front of the mirror.

"Hm, not really." You answered. "I could use some help on that."

"Well, what would you want people to feel whenever they hear your name?"

"I want a name that makes them feel at ease," You answer almost immediately. "To feel safe."

"And how do you plan to achieve that?"

"By protecting them, of course."

"Then how does Fautrisis sound?" Your father spoke, as he leaned on the door. "It's from the word fautor that means protector or guardian in Latin."

"I like that." Your mom said. "It sounds unique and it's beautiful."

You think about it for a few seconds and your mother is not wrong. It does sound beautiful.

"Fautrisis, huh?"

***

You smile at the memory you just unlocked and you whisper, "Thanks, dad."

As you were about to write it down, you stopped yourself and thought for a second. You didn't want to choose another name because you really like your father's idea but you also want to add something yours.

The meaning of the name might be what you want to achieve in the future, but it wasn't you who came up with it.

You stood up a little to peek at Katsuki's name out of curiosity. When you read what he had written, you almost burst out into laughter.

"That's..." You tried speaking without laughing. "A name."

"I didn't ask you!" He glanced at your blank page. "Why don't you think of your own name first?"

"I have," You say, sitting back down. "It's just that I'm trying to change it just a little."

"What did you think of?"

"My dad thought of Fautrisis, from the Latin word fautor. It means protector."

"Sounds good to me, why'd you wanna change it?" He asked.

"Well, this was my dad's idea," You say as you fidget with your marker. "I would like my name, besides the meaning, to have a piece of me in it."

"Then associate it with your quirk like I did," He says with a it's-so-obvious expression. "That is a piece of you. Literally."

He's right. How did your own quirk never cross your mind? Guess it really was obvious.

"Okay," Midnight said. "Let's start presenting names starting with those who are ready."

Hold the absolute fuck up. You are presenting them? No one said anything about presenting them in front of the whole fucking class. That'll take some nerve.

Well, you're not ready yet so you're not going up there till you find a name.

Associate it with your quirk, huh?

"Can't decide on a name?" Izuku spoke.

"I have a name, I just-"

"Yeah, I know, I heard you," He interrupts you. "Fautrisis is not bad at all, I really like it! It sounds unique."

"Thanks but I'm trying to somehow match it with my quirk."

"Well, your quirk is called Steel Wings," He leaned back, looking up and placing his fingers on his chin. "Hm, let's see."

Aoyama was first to present his name and never did imagine it would be a whole sentence.

""Shining Hero: I can not stop twinkling!" Which means, you can't stop my sparkles."

For some reason, Midnight accepted that name with some small changes. Mina's name though, Alien Queen, was rejected.

Asui went with Froppy, which was really cute.

"Then, I'll go too!" Kirishima was the next one. ""Sturdy Hero: Red Riot"!"

"Red Riot? You're paying homage to the Chivalrous Hero: Crimson Riot, right?" Midnight asked.

"Yes," Kirishima answered. "I know it's pretty old-fashioned, but the hero image I'm going for is Crimson himself."

That's cute, he chose a name inspired by the hero he admires the most. There is only one hero you really like and that's Hawks. There might not be that much information about him but, for you, it's the way people feel at ease when he shows up because of his carefree persona.

Hawks' quirk in only his wings and that's why he called himself Wing Hero: Hawks. Perhaps, you could use something similar as well?

"If you're bearing a name you admire, it'll come with that much more pressure." Midnight said.

"I'm prepared for that!" Kirishima said.

No, you can't take that kind of pressure, can you?

You won't use anything related to Hawks. Just your quirk. And your quirk is Steel Wings.

So, "I know." You said to Izuku. You wrote down your name and without showing it to him, you walked up on the stand.

"Ooh, I'm curious about yours, Nagata." Midnight said, intertwining her fingers with a way too happy expression on her face.

"Well, I had a name in mind, I only wanted to add something. So, hero name..." You turned the small white board around. "Steel Hero: Fautrisis."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 6.6K 94
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
253K 16.5K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
441K 30.1K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.2M 54.4K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC