A Marriage Contract

By sequinedsmile

Vincent Chae, CEO of The Chae Foundation and a single father, faces a dire situation. He must marry quickly t... More

Characters
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
House
Chapter 5- Part 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Message
Chapter 46
Announcement+Upcoming Books
Chapter 47
THE NEW BOOK RELEASEπŸ₯³

Chapter 16

2.8K 82 6
By sequinedsmile

Eliza's POV-

"Samchon, are you all going to business meetings wearing those suits?" Lily asked disapprovingly.

"How come you call only us out? Your beloved Appa is also wearing a suit." Miles said.

"Appa is always boring." Lily waved her hand dismissingly. I coughed to cover up my laugh. Miles gave Lily a high five and so did Archer.

"Ye On is the only one loves me in this house." Vincent said in a sad tone.

"I LOVE YOU APPA!" Lily screamed and hugged Vincent. She hardly even reached his waist.

"I love you too, princess." Vincent said, his face morphed into a big smile. The only time I have ever seen him smile is when he is with the kids. That's why his smiles are so precious because you rarely get to see them but when you do they are beautiful.

"Shall we leave?" Miles asked.

"Let's go to my birthday party!" Lily shouted.

"Me, Archer and Miles will come in my car. You guys go in Vincent's." Roman said.

"Okay." I said. Vincent carried Ye On and I held Lily's hand as we went down to the garage. It was a separate space from the house, it was underground two story garage. Recently I had discovered that Vincent had an obsession of cars. His garage was filled with over 50 cars, from vintage to the latest models.

"Which one should we go in, Yu Eun?" Vincent asked.

"A car that is matching with my dress." Lily said.

Vincent chuckled and started walking towards the other end of the garage. We stopped in front of a midnight blue Mercedes Benz EQB and true to Lily's request it matched her dress. Living with rich people has introduced me to many bizarre concepts like choosing from different cars. When I was kid my parents had a silver Honda Accord for our family of four we used it for fifteen years until the car finally was outdated and we bought a new car.

"Yu Eun," Vincent said, "You and Ye On sit in the back seat. Eliza sit ahead with me." I nodded.

"Lily, come on, let's get you buckled up." I said.

She sat in the backside, her dress pooled around her in a puff. Vincent got Jameson buckled up in his baby seat simultaneously. As I went to my seat, Vincent walked in strides around the car to my door. I opened the door of the passenger seat and got in when I looked up I saw Vincent's hand on the roof of the door at first I was confused then I realized it was to secure my head from bumping.

That was awfully sweet and thoughtful of him.

He closed the door without a word and walked to the other side and got in. He turned the ignition on and the car silently came to life. The whole interior of the car was lit up in blue luminescent light. It was completely black from the inside. It was spacious and luxurious from inside.

I had never been inside a car like this in my life. Jenna owned a Range Rover Evoque and that was the closest I had ever gone to a luxury car. But this car was completely different from hers.

"Appa, play some music." Lily said. Vincent tapped some buttons on the fancy screen in front of us and music started playing from the speakers.

Vincent started driving and when he changed gears the back of his hand slightly brushed against my leg. That one touch made me feel sparks in my whole body even though the touch went unnoticed by him.

It took us about 15 minutes to get to the hotel, the whole time Lily kept on talking about how excited she was to meet her friends. When we stopped in front the hotel Vincent gave the keys to the valet and we go the kids out. A man in a black suit with a white shirt, presumably the manager of the hotel, walked to us and he greeted Vincent.

"Good evening, Mr. Chae." He politely said. Vincent nodded his head and didn't say anything. I have been living with this man for a month now but his apathy towards people still amazes me.

"Happy Birthday, Lily." He said to Lily.

"Thank you." Lily said.

"Sir, your guests are already here. Please follow me." He said and 'Mr. Doesn't have any emotions' nodded again. I felt sorry for the poor guy, he was trying so hard.

We followed him. Vincent had reserved a whole floor of the hotel and fun fact he wanted to book the whole hotel but it was completely available. We stopped in front of a room which had the plaque 'Grand Ballroom' on it.

"Mr. Lance," Vincent called.

"Yes, sir." The manager said.

"If I am too busy inside and you are not able to reach me, you can tell whatever you want to to my wife." Vincent pointed at me. Mr. Lance's eyes slightly widened at my mention but in his defense he recovered quickly from his shock and said,

"Sure, sir."

That's when it hit me, whenever I will be introduced as Vincent's wife this will be the reaction.

"You can leave now." Vincent said.

Mr. Lance gave one last smile and left.

"Ready to go inside, Yu Eun?" Vincent changed completely. He went from cold winter to spring in a split second.

"Super ready!" Lily said.

The double doors of the ball room were already open. When we stepped inside, part poppers bursted from the sides and everybody clapped.

The room was huge. It was decorated just like Lily wanted, like a galaxy. There were stary fairy lights hanging from the ceiling. There was dark blue lighting around. Many people were already present. The adults were standing around the tables set up while the kids were running around. There was a balloon arch of the balloons Lily chose at the center with a white table of different food items.

The decorators had gone above and beyond for this.

"Lily!" A little screamed and ran towards Lily. It was Kyla, Lily's kindergarten bestfriend. Two of them are inseparable according to their teacher.

"Kyla!" Lily said and hugged her.

"Happy Birthday!" Kyla said. Both of the girls were jumping up and down.

"Girls, how about we go inside? We are standing right at the door, other people have to come in." I bent down to their level.

"Oh, hi Eliza," Kayla said completely ignoring what I had just said.

"She is not Eliza anymore." Lily interjected.

"Did she change her name?" Kayla asked confused.

"No, she married my Appa. She is mom now." Lily said.

My heart stopped at the word. Lily called me her mom. I looked up at Vincent, who had zero expression on his face. Even though it didn't matter to him, this was a big milestone for me. Being called something I was never going to become.

"Really? Now both of us have moms." Kayla said excitedly.

"It is going to be so much fun." Lily said.

"Every one from our class is here. Let's go meet them." Kayla dragged Lily along with her.

I stood up.

"Vincent, you stay with Lily. I'll take care of Jameson." I said.

"No, you and Jameson will stay with me." He held my hand and started walking. My heart started racing at the contact.

Our relationship was weird, we had kissed before but this was only the second time we had held hands.

But then again those kisses weren't exactly kisses, it was just touching lips. But wasn't that the practical definition of a kiss? This was confusing just like this marriage.

We stopped walking. Martha was standing in front of us.

"Martha, take care of Ye On for a while and keep an eye on Yu Eun." Vincent said.

"Yes, Do Hyeok." Martha took Jameson from Vincent.

"But-" I tried to say something.

"Eliza, come with me." He said and started walking again.

"You said I had to take care of Jameson." I said while walking along side him.

"Take care of him later. Right now you have to accompany me." He said.

"Where?" I asked.

"To meet someone." He said.

"Who?" I asked again.

"My business associates." He said.

Well, this happening way before I thought it would.

We had been married for hardly a day and here I am going to meet his business associates.

Hur-fucking-ray.

Do Hyeok's POV-

I know it was early for me to ladden Eliza with meeting business associates but the more number of people know, the more it'll be real for the world. No husband would want to hide his wife.

I wouldn't have invited any business associates to Yu Eun's birthday party but their kids were her friends so ultimately they were going to be invited.

Knowing these people all too well, I knew they were standing somewhere in a circle discussing about something while sipping champagne. And I was right, they were standing right in front of the galaxy back drop engaged in some conversation too oblivious to the world.

I walk to them along with Eliza by my side.

"Good eveningg everyone," I said to draw their attention.

"Vincent Chae! You finally showed up at your own party." Killian Carson said. He one of my most recent associates. He was still young. He was hardly over 27. He had built an impressive empire at this age. He looks were the centre of all women's attention.

"Stop teasing him, Killian. He has to attend other guests too." Jared Manik said. He was a man in his forties with a receding hairline. He was here with his wife and his daughter who was Yu Eun's best friend, Kayla.

But Killian wasn't listening, his eyes were fixed on Eliza and something about the way he was looking at her made an uneasy feeling grow inside me.

"Who is this beautiful lady by your side?" He asked. Even though he was talking to me his eyes were still on Eliza.

"Hi, I'm Eliza." Eliza said with a polite smile.

"Killian Carson. Nice to meet you." Killian took Eliza's hand and kissed it.

For an unknown reason I wanted to punch his stupid pretty boy face so that he could never kiss anybody again.

Was I jealous?

No, that can't be.

I cleared my throat and spoke, "Can have everybody's attention?"

Everybody looked at me.

"I would like to introduce someone to you all." This has all their curiosity and attention towards me.

I put an arm around Eliza's waist and slightly pulled her towards me.

"This is Eliza Chae, my wife." I said putting extra emphasis on the word my.

For a minute everybody there was silent. Some of their mouths were open while others were still processing.

"Your wife?" Josie, Jared's wife asked. Josie knew Eliza because they met when picking Ye Eun from kindergarten.

"Yes." I said.

"As in you got married?" Paul asked.

"Last time I checked you have to married to have a wife. So, yes, I got married." I put my left hand up, showing my ring finger.

"Congratulations both of you!" Josie was the first react like a normal person. She came forth and hugged Eliza.

"I'm so happy for you." She said.

"Thanks." Eliza replied.

"So, when did this happen exactly?" She asked.

"Yesterday." Eliza said awkwardly.

"Oh." She said. There was an awkward silence. 

"Here you guys are! We've looked everywhere for you." Roman's voice came from behind us. He and Miles were standing together. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 155K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
5.5M 28.4K 9
{ CURRENTLY REWRITING } With one of the best college grades and her masters degree in hand, Emma Durson's next plan is to move to New York to pursue...
3.6M 152K 99
New updates every weekday by 9 am Thanks for 3k reads❀❀ "I don't care," Lucas snapped back, "get her out of my house and find someone else." "Lucas...
62.4K 1.4K 45
π‚π„π‹π„π’π“πˆππ„ π’πŽπ‹π€π‚π„, She had ambitions that soared beyond the cage of her upbringing. Her dreams were simple yet profound: to find true l...