π—Ÿπ—’π—©π—˜ 𝗔𝗑𝗗 π—–π—’π—™π—™π—˜π—˜...

By leehaebaragi

[ COMPLETED ] ❝I love you a latte.❞ Huang Renjun is a part-time barista at a small coffee shop and Lee Donghy... More

prologue
characters
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
epilogue

four

326 23 23
By leehaebaragi

It's Monday. Renjun's week has officially started again. He came to work at 7:30AM, so Jaemin took over his counter for the meantime.

Surprisingly, there are a lot of customers when afternoon came so Jaemin took Minjeong's counter over to serve the other customers that Renjun can not serve.

"Whoa! That was the most productive hours we had so far." Jaemin sighs, leaning on the backrest of Minjeong's chair.

"I know, right?" Renjun agreers, gulping a glass of water.

The bell rings again and Renjun was ready to go to his counter but stops when he realizes it's just Minjeong.

"Good afternoon!" she greets, walking to her counter, replacing Jaemin. "I'm sorry, I'm late. I drove my girlfriend to school."

Jaemin grabs the glass Renjun was holding to get himself water from the kitchen.

"School?" Renjun tilts his head to the side.

"She must've forgotten to mention, but she's a law student." Minjeong grins.

Renjun nods, "Ah."

"She says she'll try to come by later after her classes. Serve her well, okay?" Minjeong laughs but Renjun just rolls his eyes.

Another customer enters and goes to Renjun's counter. It's Saerim. "Hi, Renjun-ssi!" She eagerly waves at him with a wide smiles on her face. "Hey, did I pronounce your name correctly this time?"

Renjun nods, "Yes, thank you. So, what can I get for you today?"

"What's your favorite go-to coffee?"

"Uhm... Affogato." he lies.

She pouts, "What's that?"

"It's uh, it has milk and ice cream, with a shot of espresso."

"Mhm," she hums, "I'll get that! Oh, and a clubhouse sandwich, please. Dine in."

Renjun nods and registers her order to the monitor. "Anything else?"

"Nope, that's all." She pays 20 dollars and says, "Keep the change." she grins.

"Oh, wow! Thank you. By the way, do you want chocolate, vanilla or coffee flavor for the ice cream?" Renjun grabs the money and puts it on the cash register.

"Coffee."

"Alright, your order will be served."

"I'll make the sandwich." Minjeong says and is about to get up from her seat when Saerim stops her.

"No! I want Renjun-ssi to make the sandwich as well."

"Oh." Minjeong shrugs her shoulder, "Okay."

Renjun taps Minjeong's shoulder and nods at her before going to the kitchen to make the sandwich.

×××

"I think she likes you." Minjeong blurts out as soon as Saerim left the café.

Renjun raises an eyebrow, shaking his head. "Nah. I think she just likes how I'm nice to her."

"Yes, exactly! We, girls, likes someone who's nice to us. But whatever floats your boat, Renjun-ssi."

"Yeah, whatever, Winter." He laughs and Minjeong taken aback. "I heard Karina called you Winter. Is that your English name?"

She nods, "Yeah, sort of. It's a nickname she gave me because of how I like the winter season. And the name suits me, right?" she grins.

"Kinda." he nods. "Hey, can I call you Winter, too?"

"Yeah, sure." Minjeong chuckles. "How about you, did anyone ever give you a nickname?"

"Well, my mom calls me Junnie, but I don't think that counts, so nope." he shakes his head. "Now that I think about it, someday I want someone to call me a nickname." he pouts.

"Can I give you a nickna—"

"No!" Renjun immediately exclaims without waiting for her to finish her question. "I want it to be from someone special."

"Wow!" She laughs. "You know what, ask your crush out."

"Shut up! I don't have a crush." Renjun rolls his eyes for the nth time today.

Minjeong also rolls her eyes. "Yeah, sure, whatever."

After that, the atmosphere goes silent. Minjeong pulls out her phone and sees that Karina sent a message. Renjun glances at her and chuckles.

"Karina?"

"Yup." Minjeong types out a reply.

Renjun sighs at his chair. He wonders what happened to the medical student guy. He wants to get to know him more.

×××

It's 5PM. Renjun sighs as he watches Minjeong serves her girlfriend a coffee. They smile at each other before Minjeong takes a seat in front of Karina.

He leans on the backrest of his chair and stares at the entrance. Then suddenly, the door opens and he widens his eyes. A person comes in and walks to his direction. He smiles and gets up.

"Hi! You're back."

"Hello! Yeah, I'm back." The guy smiles at him.

He has a pretty smile, Renjun thinks. "So, what can I get for you today? The usual?"

"French Vanilla Latte. It would be my new usual."

"Oh." He smiles then nods, "Sure! Is that for take out or dine in?"

"Dine in. Also, can you make it two?"

Renjun furrows his eyebrows, "Two order of French Vanilla Latte?"

The guy nods, "Yeah. One for you."

Renjun widens his eyes, "Huh? O-one for me?"

"Hm-mm."

He blushes as he registers his order to the monitor. "Anything else?"

"What do you want?"

"Huh?" Renjun blinks.

"I said," the guy chuckles, "what do you want?"

"Are you... ordering for me?"

"Yes."

Oh my God, I'm gonna faint. "Uhm, ham and cheese bread roll."

"Two ham and cheese bread rolls, then."

Shit. "O-okay."

After the guy pays an exact amount, Renjun puts the money on the cash register before pulling out the receipt. "Your order will be served."

"You mean, our order?"

Renjun bites his lower lip slightly, "Y-yeah, our order." He bows and immediately turns around to hide his red tomato face.

The guy chuckles, smiling. He then walks to a table at the corner and watches Renjun work clumsily. "He's cute."

Minjeong walks back to the counter and taps Renjun on his shoulder. When he turns to face her, she laughs. "Oh my God, you're so red."

"R-really?" He palms his cheeks, "Am I that obvious?"

"What happened to "I don't have a crush," huh? Yes, you're super red, like a tomato." She shakes his head. "Seriously? Just tell him."

"No!" Realizing it's loud, Renjun covers his mouth and shakes his head aggressively. "I can't." he whispers as he takes his hand off his mouth.

"Okay, if you say so." Minjeong shrugs her shoulder. "You want water? 'Cause you look thirsty."

"Shut up!" Minjeong only laughs, walking to the kitchen.

When Renjun finishes making the guy's order, he puts them on a tray and brings it to his table.

"H-hey, here you go." He places the tray careful on the table. "Enjoy." He's about to leave when the guy stops him.

"Please, have a seat."

He sighs, calming himself down. He smiles at the guy and sits in front of him. "You know, you didn't have to treat me."

No, seriously, because Renjun would sometimes make himself coffee without paying. He's guilty about it but Jaemin says it's fine and he doesn't charge him for it, just don't abuse it.

"It's fine, Renjun-ssi."

Renjun's eyes twinkle upon hearing his name comes out of the medical student's lips. But he wonders what's his name.

"What's your name, by the way?"

"Oh. It's Lee Donghyuck, but you can call me Haechan." Donghyuck smiles, "What's your last name?"

"It's Huang." He smiles. Finally.

"Huang Renjun. You have such a unique name, and it sounds cute. Like you."

OMG! Is he flirting?

He pretends he didn't just blush by grabbing the cup and taking a sip of his own made coffee.

"You know, I've been coming here and like, honestly, we've never had a proper conversation until tonight."

"You didn't visit last Thursday and Friday." Renjun blurts out and suddenly widens his eyes when he realizes.

"Oh." Donghyuck slightly smirks, "Have you been waiting for me?"

"N-no."

He laughs, "I'm just kidding! Yeah, I didn't get to come by because I stayed at school even after classes. And when I went here, you were closed, so, yeah. But I'm back and I honestly miss the way you make my coffee."

Renjun doesn't know what to say, especially by that last sentence. Donghyuck misses the way he makes his coffee? Oh, Lord, he's about to faint.

He just smiles and takes a bit of the ham and cheese bread roll.

"What do you do after your shift?" Donghyuck asks before biting on his bread.

"I go home." he replies, "Then I'll cook dinner, eat, and then go to bed. Sometimes I draw on my iPad or sketchbook when I can't sleep. Nothing much interesting, really."

"You draw?"

"Yes. I'm an artist, and I like to draw."

"That's nice! Which do you prefer the most, traditional or digital?"

"Mhm, for now, I like digital."

"This is a stupid question but, why are you working as a barista?"

"Oh. I need money for my apartment rental. This shop is actually owned by my bestfriend, and yeah, I applied to him."

Donghyuck nods. "Last question, or maybe not—can I ask you out?"

"Huh?" Renjun blinks several times. Oh my goodness.

"Sorry, it's just—"

"Yes."

Donghyuck widens his eyes and smiles, "Really?" Renjun nods. "Oh God, I thought you're gonna say no."

"I want to get to know you, Donghyuck."

"I want to get to know you, too, Renjun."

Minjeong, who's in her counter now, smiles at the two persons who are fondly staring at each other, before realizing there's a customer in front of her.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, yes, Ma'am, good evening! What can I get for you?"

~~~

"There's this guy I like."

"A guy?"

"Yeah, do you have a problem with that?"

"No, no! I just thought you liked Yerin."

"Who's Yerin?"

"The girl who's been flirting with you—nevermind! So, what's he like?"

"Well, he's a barista at this coffee shop near my apartment. He has a cute smile, sweet voice and a pretty face. We've never had a proper conversation but I really want to get to know him. What should I do?"

"Dude, just ask him out."

"How?"

"Just tell him, 'Can I ask you out?' and if he says yes, congrats! But if he says no, then bless your heart."

Donghyuck sighed heavily, leaning on his seat. "I'll do it."
-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 234 35
[ ON-HOLD ] ❝will you hold me in your arms and listen to me?❞ Lee Donghyuck is an anorexic patient and Huang Renjun is a nurse who takes care of him...
10.8K 425 34
Haechan is in love with Renjun and has been forever. He's flirtatious but losing hope. Renjun is the cafe owner where Haechan spends most of his days...
361K 16.6K 31
↳ renjun has some problems he can't deal with on his own and lucky for him, jaemin and jeno are more than happy to help him ↳ t/w; alcohol use γ€Œ star...
159K 8.3K 40
❝ so you have already moved on, huh? ❞ + in which the epitome of perfection, as what others call him, huang renjun couldn't seem to move on from his...