A Little Too Late

By platytony

Childhood friends forced to marry each other. But one falls out, when the other one falls in. Join me in the... More

Kapalaran (Part 1)
The Pact (Part 2)
Queen B (Part 3)
Plumbing the Depths (Part 4)
Unexpected (Part 6)
Daddy (Part 7)
Amber (Part 8)
Falling Out (Part 9)
Prom Night (Part 10)

Senior Year (Part 5)

6 0 0
By platytony

JM

It's the beginning of Senior Year and I did not expect to see Kate all of a sudden in school grounds. Amber will become frantic about this now. Why didn't she tell me that she is going to be here this year.

"Ohhh lookie look, the snitch is back girls. Still can't get enough of stealing my husband?" Just in time for Amilia to be this early on kicking her ass. Why does the discipline committee allow this to happen, oh yeah, I forgot she's the president. I still have no idea why they continue to elect her for higher office in the Student Government. Knowing Amber, she'll do everything just to remain on top and win all the time.

"Can you just leave me alone Amber?". Please Kate just don't answer back, we already know what she can do to you and to your dad. She fired your dad from work and expelled you from school. But how did Kate get back? I thought it can't be undone. It might be Blue, he promised to help Kate out. Could be his dad, they could have successfully got her back here. "So, it seems my husband took you back here, right? This means we still have unfinished business, and don't you think we have more time to burn each other before graduation?" I had it with Amilia, she really still has the guts to do this despite how many times I have told her to leave us alone.

"That's enough Amber, don't you think this is quite early for you to get kicked out?" A familiar face just appeared from behind Kate, it's Blue. Finally, someone on our side. "I was actually expecting you to be better than that Blue, but it seems your just like my husband, so obsess with Kate. Or, you two might me played by her. Could be right? Girls?" "Will you have the decency Amilia? Did you forget? You're the president in this institution. What do you want everybody to think now?" She was startled, I guess she was not expecting me to get caught up with this drama this early. "I know husband dear, you did so much to get her back here, wait till I tell our parents. Who's so decent now?" Well, that help out, she stood her ground and left with her colony of mean girls. You can actually see that there are discussions happening among students. And they had this look, it's the look you do when you misjudge someone and they're all staring at Kate while whispering to each other. The teachers even had that weird look, and I can't handle thinking how Kate will survive the entire Senior Year when Amilia just ruined her first day back here. I look at my watch and it's 7:45. I breathed heavily that took every air that I could and hold Kate's hand. "We should be going now; we will be late" She looked into my eyes with distress and forced a smile. "Okay, that was one hell of a welcoming committee, it reminded me why I'm here and given a second chance". It was a sign of relief, she is fighting back and getting stronger. "LET'S GO SENIORS!!!!! WOHOOOO!" I'm glad Blue is always here at my side. C'mon guys, we will be late. Don't forget, we have grades to pass right? Graduation is just right around the corner" That's right, graduation.

This will be the last year of seeing Kate suffer. She made me stronger now and grabbing my shit together to handle this situation facing my parents and Amilia's father. I need Kate right now as much as she needed me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you know your mom and dad will be heartbroken once they found out that you brought her back here? Your selfishness Matt, you just could have waited for her graduating from that poor school where she belongs." So now we'll be arguing again in the library. "I just did what's best and deem right for her. She did not deserve all of the things you did to her. Let's face it, she's better than you." Her eyes widened and her cheeks switch from pale white to cherry red. I know I pushed another button. Amber doesn't want to be compared to anyone rather than herself. "Oh well, at least she still can't have you cause I'm still married to you. Imagine the publicity and controversy. Both our families will suffer and the entire business relations we have.  You should have thought about the problem you and your girlfriend might cause. Right?

"Are you done?" She looked at me with a slight grin on her face and turned her back. Well, that was unlikely. She never stops especially when it's about Kate. Mybe she really got used to this then.  *Phone rings* "Yes? I'll be visiting her today, please get her ready, we'll be going to the park as I have promised her"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's been a while since I have seen my sister. She's been in and out of the hospital ever since she was young. So my parents decided to buy a house just for her a few blocks away from St. Luke's. It was quite a dainty little home just like she wanted, like in fairytales, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in particular. However, inside was not as cute as outside. It's like a mini hospital, with medical paraphernalia, all white from top to bottom. My sister's room looks like she's an experiment being observed, she's inside a glass chamber with all the machines and she always have an oxygen tank with her. I felt bad for her not seeing the world like I have the privilege to, but my parents always make sure that she gets everything she needs and make her feel as if she was a normal little girl.

"Hi JJ, you seemed to forget me for a long time, I actually thought you will never try to visit me again but it's okay, Princess comes here every day". Maya, my baby sister, she's ten years younger than me. My parents asked to have another child however, she was born with a congenital defect. This has been her home days after she was born and diagnosed. Her cute chinita eyes and her wavy long dark hair matches her dark eyes and pale skin. Mom named her Maya because she was our dream. My parents never thought that they will have another girl although she's frail and fragile because of her condition but her spirit for adventure never fades. She talks about this Princess all the time after I got married, I understand, children have an active imagination. "Well, that's good she visits you every day because I tell her to on my behalf. I am very busy you know". She gave me a nod and smiled "Yep, that's what she kept telling me, she also gave me this dress. She told me to wear it when you will take me out on a date" Then she giggled and spin "It seems Princess really has good taste" Mom always have a knack for fairytale too. This dress does look great on her as she is growing up beautifully. "Are you ready for our date?" She grabs her butterfly backpack. Funny, it looks familiar. Have I seen that bag somewhere? "I'm all set JJ, can you please help me carry my tank?" She handed me her tank and I secured it properly on her pink trolley. "Guess we are all set then Muffin, you ready?" She was leaping gracefully and went to the Nurses' counter.

"Hi Angela, can you please do the honors and give my handsome brother some sweet cupcakes from my Princess?" Angela, she's been with Maya since she was diagnosed. Her silver hair and her wrinkles tell the time. She handed me a box of rainbow cupcakes. As she opened them, I stared at it for a while because I have seen these cupcakes somewhere, but I just don't know when. I took one and Maya stared at me to see how I find them. Took a small bite and my brows rose with contentment. "They're good right? See how my Princess is just perfect?". I brush off Maya's hair "You're right, Princess is really perfect."

"Wait till you meet her, you will really love her". I guess Princess is a real person then huh?

"Of course, I surely will"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403 19 24
This story follows Katie through the final months of her senior year in high school. Her nonexistent relationship with her mother doesn't stop her fr...
27.3K 203 33
When you start to catch feelings for your best friend's brother, do you risk everything and tell him? Or do you stay on the sideline and let someone...
334K 8K 17
For Thea, Harry is not only the older boy next door, but also her best friend, her first crush, the only reason that she - someone who grows up in a...
1.1K 409 8
ʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴘᴏꜱᴇꜱ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴍᴀᴄᴋꜱ ʜɪᴍ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴏɴ ʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴇᴇᴋ. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ᴅᴇꜱᴛɪɴʏ ʜᴏʟᴅꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇᴍ? ɴᴏᴛᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ɪᴅᴇᴀꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ. ••ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ...