A Marriage Contract

By sequinedsmile

Vincent Chae, CEO of The Chae Foundation and a single father, faces a dire situation. He must marry quickly t... More

Characters
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
House
Chapter 5- Part 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Message
Chapter 46
Announcement+Upcoming Books
Chapter 47
THE NEW BOOK RELEASE🥳

Chapter 15

2.8K 86 4
By sequinedsmile

Eliza's POV-

I woke up early today and made a traditional Korean birthday breakfast for Lily. Miyeok-guk, rice, Gyeran mari, Bossam, and Kimchi. My mother made this for me and my brother on our birthdays. It was one of the best of parts of my birthday. Also, I wanted to give the kids my best. Even if the relation with Vincent was fake, my bond with the kids was real and meant so much to me. 

After arranging the food on a tray and adding the small cake Martha made yesterday with a candle I went to her room. I struggled to opened the door without letting the food fall. 

"I'll do it." A voice from beside me said. Archer was standing beside me with Roman and Miles behind me.

"Thanks." I said. 

"You made all of this?" Roman asked. 

"Yeah." I said. 

"That's impressive." He commented. I smiled at him.

"We are going to sing happy birthday when we enter and you have to too." Miles said.

"Will she be awake?" I asked. It was still early.

"Do Hyeok is already inside which means she is already awake." Miles said. I nodded. Miles took out his phone to record.

Archer opened the door and all four of started singing happy birthday. Lily was awake and Vincent was sitting beside her on the bed. Her eyes lit up when she saw all of us. She gave a blown up smile to us. We went to her and I placed down the tray in front of her. She immediately blew out the candles and grinned at us. Then she looked at the seaweed soup and made a face,

"What is that?" 

"That's Miyeok-guk. You've never had it?" I asked. She shook her head. 

"My umma makes this for me on my birthday, it is really tasty. Try some." I gave her the spoon.

She reluctantly had a little and her eyes went wide, "This is really yummy!" 

"Really? Let me try some." Miles said. 

I slapped his hand and warned him, "This is for Lily. I have made more you can have it then."

Lily stuck her tongue to him. Everybody laughed. Miles bent down and hugged her.

"Happy Birthday, little monster." He said.

"Let me eat, samchon!" Lily said. 

"Nah." Miles hugged her even tighter.

"Me too." Roman joined their hug.

"Me three." Archer said and added on the sandwich of men crushing the poor little girl. 

I laughed and took out my phone to take a photo. I glanced at Vincent and he was looking at all of them like they were his whole world. For the first time I saw him this happy. 

"Come on, let's go down for breakfast." I said. 

"Yes ma'am." Roman said. They finally let Lily go. 

About have through breakfast the baby monitor gave a notification. Jameson was awake. I got up and went to take care of him. He was the kind to child I always imagined I'll have but that ship sailed 2 years ago after that hospital visit. I try not to think about it but every time I see a small child I feel the pang of hurt in my heart. That is one of the prominent reasons why I am so attached to Lily and Jameson. 

I picked him up and kissed his cheek. He was still a little drowsy from his sleep. He rested his head on my shoulder while I patted his back. The tears of sorrow built up in my eyes. For the longest time I could remember I always wanted a happy family with me, my husband and our kids just like the family I grew up with. 

Every night I curse my damned fate for what it did to me and my dreams. As I slowly swayed him in my arms the silent tears ran down my face. No matter how much I wanted to live my life without letting the fact  I can never be a mother affect me it still does. I hate myself for letting it affect me and what I hate even more is that was the reason Henry left me. 

I composed myself before taking Jameson down for breakfast. I wasn't going to let something I couldn't control make me weak.  

 "Eliza did you get your dress ready?" Lily asked me.

"Yes." I set Jameson down.

"Then why aren't you wearing it?" She asked in a panicked tone.

"Because there is still for the birthday party and I don't want to get it dirty." I chuckled.

"Oh." She said a little disappointed. 

Everybody at the table chuckled. 

"Wait a minute," Lily said, "Samchon, where are my birthday gifts?" 

"What gifts?" Roman asked.

"You are supposed to give gifts for someone's birthday." She pointed out.

"Isn't the fact that we came here enough for you?" Miles said.

"Nooooo. Where.Are.My.Gifts?" Lily narrowed her eyes and said in a menacing tone. Swear to god she looked like a mini version of Vincent. I started feeding Jameson his breakfast.

"My gift is coming by the evening so I am safe." Archer said. 

"Roman samchon, Miles samchon, can I ask you something?" Lily asked.

"Yeah." Miles nodded.

"Are you both poor?" Lily asked.

Me, Vincent and Archer burst out laughing. Miles and Roman looked horrified at the question. 

"Little monster, I was just joking. Your gift will be here during the party." Miles said.

"Mine too." Roman added.

"If three of you give me the same gift, I'll bite all of you." Lily warned.

"Trust me, little monster, my gift will not be as boring as theirs." Miles said. 

"My gift isn't boring." Archer said. 

"Sure." Miles said sarcastically. 

These brothers are always arguing but their love was for each other was clearly visible.

"Eliza," Vincent called my name.

"Yeah?" I answered. 

"There will be many people coming in the evening. Could you please stay close to Ye On?" He asked.

"Ofcourse." I knew what he meant. I had seen the guest list it was massive.  

The day went by with mostly spending family time. Even though I had to force Lily to take her afternoon nap she did. In the mean time I made sure that the venue was ready and got ready myself. The theme of the party was space and galaxies. If there is something Lily loves more than foxes it is space. She has her own mini telescope. Everyone was to wear blue, black or white outfits. I was going to wear a floor length dark blue gown. 

I had got it for some formal event and never got to wear it after that. I let my hair down and applied red lipstick. I wore the earrings Jenna had given me for my birthday last year.

I packed a clutch with my phone, lipstick, tissues and Lily's gift. I went to Lily's room to get her ready. Vincent was going to get Jameson dressed. She was already awake when I got there. It took me not more that 20 minutes to get her completely ready. Dressing up Lily everyday made me happy. I always imagined her to be my own daughter. I loved doing her hair and letting her wear different accessories.  

She looked like a space princess with in her gown. It has the pattern of constellations on its tule skirt. The top was midnight velvet. 

She looked in the mirror and twirled around while giggling. I smiled at her. I loved this little girl so much. 

"Lily," I called her.

"Yes?" She asked still distracted with her own reflection.

"Do you want your gift now or later." I asked.

She turned towards me quickly at the mention of her gift. She eyes sparkled and she ran to me. "Now, now, now." She jumped up and down excitedly.

"Calm down! You'll fall." I said t her.

She stopped jumping but was still excited. I smiled at her. I took out the bracelet from my clutch. I was charm bracelet of moons and stars. It paired perfectly with her dress.

"Wow!" She stared at the bracelet. "This so beautiful." 

"You like it?" I asked hopefully.

"I love it!" She said. A uncontrollably big smile grew on my face. 

"Can you hook it around my hand?" She asked.

"Ofcourse." I said. I slowly placed it on her tiny hand and hooked it around. She stared at it a little more and suddenly threw her hands around my neck making me stumble back on the floor.

"Thank you, Eliza. I love you." She muttered.

"I love you too, honey." I wrapped my arms around her.

"Yu Eun, are you ready?" Vincent's voice came from the living room. 

"Coming, Appa!" Lily shouted and started running.

"Lily, don't run. You'll fall!" I called after her. 

When we went down Vincent was already standing at the bottom of the stairs in a black suit with a black turtle neck and messy hair. He was holding Jameson in his arms.

Holy Hercules!

The man looked hotter than most of hollywood. There was no denying that he was handsome but but right now he looked like a mountain god from Korean folk tales who is disguised as a human.

What was I thinking? Why was calling my fake husband hot?

But it was the truth.

"Appa, look what Eliza gifted me." Lily showed off her bracelet to Vincent. 

Then the brothers came down, all wearing suits and looking good but none of them were close to the way Vincent looked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 6.3K 45
Diana Prichard learned early on about how much of a bitch life could be. Forced to abandon the one she loves and marry a monster to save her father...
338K 11.1K 47
After a year long misery for the wait of filing a divorce with his unloving partner of 10 years, Chase Johnson has finally been given his freedom. Wi...
1M 41.3K 60
"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion? It felt so real and lively. "...and ju...
82.8K 4.4K 71
Anthony Lockwood. I gave myself to him 6 years ago, I thought we would be together forever. Things happened. We had to end our relationship. 6 year...