Excerpts From A Book I'll Nev...

By mockingjaybirdx

My therapist told me i needed a healthier coping mechanism More

50
things i'd rather feel at 2am
Unholy
The Queen of Losing Things
Stains
stars / to the galaxy
wretched mirror
shampoo & conditioner
the call
words
posthumous party
five stages of grief
ratatouille
resilience
death of the phoenix
dying thoughts
an ode to Mbak
curse & blessing
death is an old friend
plans
what depression made me
Pocket-sized misery

a way with words

36 1 0
By mockingjaybirdx

You have a way with words, they said. I said, which one?

Did you mean, the way it's swindled down and formed a knife that are now stuck on my back, wounds bloody and rotting?

Did you mean, the way it's a carcass circled around by vultures, swarmed by worms and flies, flesh picked apart pieces by pieces until what left is but a pile of bones?

Did you mean, the way it's a tsunami of apology that will be forever unsent to my mother now six feet under?

Or did you mean, the way my fingers, bruised and calloused, managed to weave them into beautiful poetic sentences, every time?

— tell me what kind of way, exactly, do I have with words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 370 35
Highest ranks #1 Poetry (Feb, May 2024) #1 sadpoems (Feb2024) #2 darkpoems (May2024) #2 sonnet (June2024) Welcome to my world~ You are about to dive...
2K 68 15
❝ Giggles erupted past my mouth, Lies slithered past your tounge. Our relationship soon headed south Then the truth sung.❞ •┈••✦ 🖤 ✦••┈••┈••✦ 🖤...
1K 411 59
who would you be if your world ended? A collection of my freeverse and rhyming poetry in 4 chapters that form a journey. Punctuation is stylized. All...
12.4K 340 19
رواية تتكلم عن قصة خمس بنات وكيف كانت حياتهم مع اهلهم ف الديره وكيف بتكون حياتهم بعدين وكيف شخص حب وحده لكن الحياه تمنعهم عن بعض، و.....