Ma Meuia (NETEYAM)

By cheezeitsforlife

Neteyam X Oc The forest was my home. It's where I was born and where I was expected to meet my end. When we... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25

16

6.5K 201 165
By cheezeitsforlife

" We are here!" Tsireya called to us and we hopped up underneath a close floating mountain.

The sight was almost majestic. The floating mountains, and rocks were everywhere but it formed the sky perfectly. It had an almost circular structure to it, framing the sun perfectly.

" Woah." I said amazed, Neteyam hummed in agreement.

" This is the cove of our ancestors, our most sacred place."

" I told you sunset was the best time to be here." Tsireya said looking at our amazed faces.

We watched as the sun went down in silence. Admiring the sight as everything came to life in the dark. Life glowed with bioluminescence and that's when we saw the tree.The spirit tree.

" it's been a while." I murmured as I stared down at the beautiful sight. 

" Well what are you waiting for? Let's go!" 

Neteyam grabbed my arm and pulled me under. Everyone was already close to the tree, already ready to make their bonds.I quickly pulled my queue over my shoulder and I made Tsaheylu. I gasped as I was shot into a vision.

—---------------

A 10 year old Neteyam was side-eyeing me confused, " Riti? You're acting weird again." He complained.

A young me smacked him over his head, " I'm not weird." I flipped my hair, " I'm unique."

He rubbed his head, grumbling under his breath, " Keep on telling yourself that."

We had been walking in the forest, I had made Kiri a bracelet and was making Lo'ak an anklet. I had already made Jake and Neytiri one, theirs were out of feathers and vines.

I don't know what Neteyam was doing, he was just sitting there bothering me.

" Why don't I get one?" He whined

" Because you don't deserve one." I humphed.

" You're mean, Riti!" he got up and stomped away.

I threw a bead after him, pouting. I wasn't mean, he just never left me alone, so that I could make him one. It was supposed to be a surprise, there was no point in making him one, if he was right there. And anyway I made one for everyone else, he had to have something else. He was special.

I sat there in silence, Neteyam still hasn't come back. Maybe I didn't mind Neteyam always bothering me....

I messed up the anklet and threw it away from me.

I got up, I should apologize. He must be really mad at me. I didn't want to apologize though... but I would. I didn't want him to never come back.

I walked up the stream to see if he was anywhere and he wasn't that far away.

"I wanna show you something." I said but he refused to look at me.

" Common Netty!" I groaned but he threw a rock into the water.

"You don't want to come? Fine! I'll go by myself!" I stomped off.

But Neteyam suddenly grabbed my wrist, " you can't go by yourself! What if you get hurt?"

I gave him an are you serious look, "I was perfectly fine by myself for a long time."

He rolled his eyes, " You always say that!"

I just continued walking to where I wanted to show him, " It's just a tree." He stated unamused.

I glared at him, "You have to climb it, dummy!"

I climbed all the way to the top, the tree was so tall that you could see every part of the forest. I was awed when I first climbed it. The view was amazing. 

Neteyam suddenly plopped down next to me, and his eyes went wide.

" Woah..."

I nodded, " This is going to be our tree. Only ours. No one else's."

He smiled at me, with his missing teeth.

"I want to be like this forever."

"We can't sit here forever, that's stupid. We don't have food, or water or-"

He shook his head, "be with you forever."

He suddenly turned to me face serious, "There is only one thing to do, to ensure this."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "You can't kill me and store my body. I still have a long life to live."

He blinked, "No you weirdo. You have to make the sworn promise."

"What's a sworn promise?"

He sat up and pointed a finger as if he was teaching me.

"A sworn promise is when someone will die if they break the promise that they swore on."

"What?! No way! I don't want to do that!" I immediately shook my head.

He begged me, "please Riti! PLEASE!"

I still shook my head, "Please ! Please! Please! Please Please Please Please Please Please Please-"

"OKay FINE! Eywa you're so annoying." I shook my head, " What even is the promise you want to make?"

He smiled, " To be best friends forever! And when we are older we have to be mates."

"Mates?"

He nodded seriously, "It's what my dad is to my mom. Mates are when you're with a person for the rest of your life. So essentially best friends for life."

I cocked my head, "so... that means that you won't leave?"

He copied the tilt of my head, "Nope. Neverrrrrr"

I frowned, "But then I'll be stuck with you forever?"

He frowned too, "You don't want to?"

My ten year old brain only thought of the happiness I had when Neteyam was with me, my first friend.

I smiled, "Sure. What do we have to do?"

He nodded seriously then he spit on his hand.

"EWWWW!"

"You have to do it too!"

I groaned but did it. Then he grabbed his gross one and put it to mine.

"We swapped spit." He said holding my palm to his. "We just kissed."

What was kissing? It was holding the hand with spit on it? That's so weird.

"Now repeat after me." he cleared his throat,

"I Neteyam Sully will always be with Riti for the rest of time. Nothing will ever separate us, we will be best friends for eternity. We will be each other's person, ONLY EACH OTHERS."

He looked at me, "That part is super important."

"I Riti, will always be with Neteyam Sully for the rest of time. Nothing will ever separate us, we will be best friends for eternity.We will be each other's person, ONLY EACH OTHERS!"

He hugged me and I patted his back reluctantly, I still wasn't that used to physical contact.

"NETEYAM! RITI!"

He pulled my hand, "Common, that's my dad!"

"WHERE ARE YOU?"

I giggled, " I have an idea."

Neteyam distracted his dad by dropping from the tree right in front of him, "Boy what did I tell you about walking off?"

"Sorry dad." He smiled and pulled his hand, where I laid down.

Waiting and watching for the perfect moment to pounce, "Son, where is Riti?"

" I think she's down here somewhere."

Jake sighed, "You two are supposed to stick together."

I held back my giggle and then when he got close enough I pounced.

Right onto his back, " RAWR!" I growled, " I GOT YOU!"

Jake gasped and acted like he had just been attacked and fell to the ground faking death. He did it very convincingly though, scaring the crap out of us. He wan't moving. 

Neteyam gasped, " Riti..did you just kill my dad?"

" No. NO!" I grabbed Jake's shoulders and started shaking him, he still didn't move.

"...Netty..." I looked up with tears in my eyes.

" We should bring him to the spirit tree." Neteyam said his eyes filled with his own tears.

" God what am I going to tell your mom? Lo'ak? Kiri?Tuk?" I gasped, " I'm a murderer."

" No No No it was an accident." Neteyam nodded and then the we tried to pick up a limb to drag him.

" I just got to the clan and now they're gonna kick me out. I killed Toruk Makto." I whispered in horror

" We'll just hide his body." Neteyam said tears streaming down his face.

"RAWRRR!" Jake shot up scaring the shit out of us.

We froze when they saw Jakes grin, "Neteyam It's a demon." I whispered, terrified.

"GET OUT OF MY DAD DEMON!"

Jake's grin disappeared when he saw the kids' faces, " Hey Hey no, it's me."

He got up but we didn't trust the demon impersonating him. I covered Neteyam, then Neteyam covered me, then he pushed me to cover me and then I pushed him to cover him- it was an ongoing thing.

" MaJake?" Neytriris voice appeared.

" MOM NO!" Neteyam yelled, blocking his mom from Jake.

" it's a demon." I said with suspicion and narrowed eyes.

Kiri and Lo'ak gasped behind Neytiri, " MaJake what is going on?"

Jake spent the rest of the day trying to convince us that he was himself and not a demon.

It suddenly occurred to me that even if I missed the forest; it wouldn't be home without them.

—-----

I was suddenly pulled from my vision as I felt a disturbing motion in the tree. I looked to the side and realized that it was Kiri. She was seizing, her body jolting back and forth as her eyes rolled into the back of her head. The tree was flashing, and everyone realized something was wrong. Neteyam got there before I did, I helped push her up to the surface. Panic shooting through my body, this has never happened before and Kiri, always connected with the spirit tree. Did it have something to do with her connection to Eywa? Was it something else? Something in her system? We all shot up to the surface. Neteyam carrying her to an Ilu.

" Ri? What's happening?" Tuk cried.

" It's going to be okay, Tuk." I soothed her hair bringing her close to me as I watched Neteyam do Cpr.

When she seized she had a whole bunch of water had entered into her lungs causing her to drown.

" Is she breathing?"

" Kiri?!"

"Common Kiri." Neteyam mumbled, breathing into her mouth.

Tuk cried into my shoulder as I watched helplessly. She finally choked out water and her chest started to move, letting us know she was breathing but she still hasn't opened her eyes.

" Get her back to the Village ." I said and we all grabbed our own Ilu's.

We went faster than ever, practically zooming through the reef. I held Tuk close to my body, fear coursing through my veins. Kiri had to be okay, she just had to be.

If I could switch our positions I would.

This family needs her.

—---------

It has been days and Kiri still hasn't woken up. Neteyam wasn't able to sleep, Lo'ak was sitting silently holding Tuk and Neytiri was getting anxious, everyone was tense. Jake called in his friends back home, he said that they have technology to help figure out what was wrong.

The helicopter came in startling the Metkayina people. Me and Neteyam had to keep them away from the helicopter as they grabbed their equipment.

"This will work." Netyam stated, but uncertainty still rang true in his eyes.

" Yeah, Yea it will." I nodded but it wasn't convincing. 

I saw Neteyam's hope falter a little and immediately felt like crap.

"Teyam It'll work." I said softer, putting a hand on his face. I rubbed at the darker blue under his eyes.

 "You need sleep."

He kissed the palm of my hand, then my forehead and walked after his dad.

I was worried about him, and I was worried about Kiri. Trying to get Neteyam to sleep when he was anxious was like trying to tame a baby Direhorse.

I believe his name was Norm, was looking at his technology. 

" There is no bleed, no fracture."

His human friend turned in, " there are no signs of Hypoxia."

" The brain looks good."

I understood some of their words now because of learning English with Neteyam but it still sounded like they were speaking gibberish.

I sighed through my nose in frustration. What is the point in learning English if you can't understand anything?

Neteyam tugged my hand and pulled me into him, he was listening on the outside of the tent.

He wrapped his arms around me and I relaxed into him.His tail wrapped around my thigh. I put my head into the crook of his neck and breathed in his scent. Immediately easing my tensions, the feel of his body close to mine would always be my favorite feeling.

" They are saying that her brain is fine so they are confused about what is wrong."

I didn't say anything, afraid I would show weakness and burst out crying.

Neteyam ran a hand through my hair, massaging my head. Knowing it calms me down. They continued to talk gibberish, and yet they still weren't helping Kiri wake up. 

Ronal walked past us holding something, she was Tsahik. If she couldn't help Kiri, then i fear no one could.

Ronal doesn't like the fact that they were there, " I see that I am not needed here."

Neytiri stopped her, " You are Tashik."

" Remove these things."

Neytiri immediately turned around, " OUT! You have done nothing!"

Jake immediately left, I almost laughed at how fast they gathered their things at Neytiri's tone. Never cross a mother scorned.

" Riti come."

I released myself from Neteyams arms and immediately started helping the Tashik.

I was kind of just holding stuff for her as I watched.

Tashik was murmuring things, things that I couldn't quite make out and poking Kiri's skin with a sharp wooden spike thing.

I should really start paying more attention to things.

Ronal started to aggressively blow onto Kiri's back, Neytiri was curled into a fetal position. It broke my heart. I put a hand on her hands, squeezing to let her know I was there.

She interlaced her fingers with mine and squeezed back.

Ronal blew her hands out.

The process continued, and that's when I saw Kiri's hand flinch.

I turned to Neytiri and put a hand on her shoulder pointing to Kiri. I didn't say anything too afraid to disrupt Ronal.

Tuk gasped, " Kiri, you are awake."

Kiri wailed a cry, and Neytiri held her to her chest.

She whispered sweet things into Kiri's ear, a mothers embrace was the best comfort someone could give. Everyone watched in relief and silence.

Jake explained to us later that Kiri had epilepsy, something that causes seizures a lot. He said that she was triggered by the spirit tree, and she wasn't allowed to go anymore.

I immediately felt pain for her, Kiri loved the spirit tree more than anything.

It made sense why she wasn't in a mood to speak.

I didn't stop trying though, not until she shot me a glare that immediately made me back off.

" It's been a while since you've looked at the stars?"

I felt Neteyam sit next to me, "Leave me alone. You need sleep."

He groaned, " I just wanna spend time with you." He dragged my arms so that I lay in between his legs.

I sat up, " I will spend time with you, when you sleep."

He rolled his eyes, " Only you can be so stubborn."

I looked at him not saying anything, just staring.

He immediately shook his head, " I take that back, you are amazing and beautiful and I am so lucky to have you."

I nodded and relaxed back into his chest, "I'll accept that for now."

"Eywa I missed this." He tucked his face into my hair and ran circles into my stomach.

We watched the stars for a few minutes, "I saw us as children during the bond with the spirit tree."

He hummed, "Really?"

I smiled thinking about it, " yes, when we found our tree and when we made that sworn promise."

I felt his chest rumble with his laugh, "I locked you in that day."

I rolled my eyes, "I was confused for years because of you."

He interlaced our hands, "I regret nothing."

I released myself from him and just stared at him. With all the accidents and near death experiences, it's been making me think that Neteyam needs to know how much he means to me.

" I, Riti will always be with Neteyam Sully for the rest of time. Nothing will ever separate us, we will be best friends for eternity.We will be each other's person, ONLY EACH OTHERS!"

I watch as Neteyams face got closer to me, his eyes lowering and they had so many emotions in them, too many for me to understand.

I wasn't finished with my promise, "I promise to love you even when you are at your lowest, when you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders, I will bear that weight with you. I promise to accept you unconditionally. You are Ma Meuia"

His eyes actually filled with tears, his face looked like it was frozen. I started to panic. That wasn't the goal. I just wanted to show him how much I care for him. I probably made it awkward, so I started to do my nervous laugh.

" Thought I would add some more since we're older now and actually know what we are saying." I cleared my throat and went back to looking at the stars.

" So I was thinking what would an Ilu and Ikran baby hybrid look like? Because what if it kind of looked like a Skimwing, WOAH what if thats how Skimwings are born?But the anatomies are two-" Before I could continue my nervous rant Neteyam pulled me to him, I leaned up on my elbows confused.

"I, Neteyam Sully will always be with Riti for the rest of time. Nothing will ever separate us, we will be best friends for eternity.We will be each other's person, ONLY EACH OTHERS! My heart beats for you, you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible. I promise to you that I will love and care for you and I will try in every way to be worthy of your love. I promise to be the person you can run to in times of need, the person you depend on. You are Ma Meuia "

I blinked, and blinked again. Then I slapped him across the chest.

" OW!"

I kept on slapping him until he grabbed my hand, "Stop saying emotional shit to me." I sniffed. He couldn't let e shine for one moment. 

I cleared my throat trying to not cry, I felt loved, and warm and content....

He wiped away my tears, and then lightly kissed my lips. It was a kiss that told me he meant his promises and I knew Neteyam never broke his promises. 

"Even though you are abusive I am lucky."

I pushed him away, "This is the last time I'm saying anything emotional so, don't get used to it."

He pouted, " but I like it" He held his heart, " It makes me feel all good inside."

I gave him a disgusted look, "I take back everything."

He shook his head with a smug smile, " nope, not possible. You did the sworn promise."

" No we didn't do the hand spit thing."

He smirked, " we kissed."

Wha? Realization made my eyes widen.

" You dirty little-" I launched myself at him and we rolled into the water.

I dunked his head and he dunked mine.

He suddenly lifted me into the air and dropped me so that I was chest to chest with him. His arms right under my butt to hold me up.

"Don't get any funny ideas." I said sternly

" I think it's you who should keep your mind clear."

I snapped my eyes open, I had been leaning in with my eyes closed.

I cleared my throat ready to push myself off when he pulled me in using one hand on my neck,  into a passionate kiss.

Once again our tongues fought for dominance but this time I didn't let him win, he groaned into my mouth. His tail came up to wrap around my waist and squeeze.

My toes curled in on themselves.

I smiled into the kiss as he chased my lips. I tugged on his hair to yank his head back as I kissed down his neck.

He let out a husky moan. A moan that was almost better than his laugh. I wanted to hear it again, and again, and again. I tugged on his ear with my teeth and he squeezed my ass in warning.

" Please do not tease me, Riti." he choked out in a pained whisper.

I was going down further when we heard a yell, " Riti? Neteyam?" It was Neytiri.

" Fuck." I yanked back. Swimming a far enough distance away from him.

Neteyam closed his eyes in frustration, "One day. One day without interruptions." 

He breathed through his nose. It was like he was his doing breathing techniques. 

I placed a hand over my mouth to hide the laugh. 

"Common loverboy, we need to head back."

He scratched the top of his braids, braids that Neytiri had redone yesterday.

" What are you two doing down there?"
Neteyam yelped not noticing she was right above us. 

"A night swim?"

She narrowed her eyes at us, probably observing our swollen lips and purple cheeks.She had a smirk on her face. I was mortified. 

" Common now, it is late."

She turned around and walked away.

I pulled myself out pretty fast and turned around waiting for Neteyam.

He shook his head at me with a scared face, "Is there another Sneech behind me? Is that why you're looking at me like that?"

" I can't get out of the water right now."

" What do you mean?Is something wrong?"

I was so confused right now. Why was he covering his face?

 " Riti it actually scares me how you don't know the affect you have on me"

" Wha-oh. Ohhhhhh."

"Yea oh." he huffed.

I held in my laugh trying to not make him more embarrassed.

He splashed me, when he saw my face, "Leave."

I winked at him, "well if you need any help on dealing with that-"

"Riti. LEAVE!" 

He groaned sinking under the water, I laughed as I walked back to the hut. A blush on my face, and warmth all around me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.5K 1.7K 10
so this is just an idea I had in my head. I hope you enjoy, first time ever posting. This takes place during the "one year later" period in Awow. I a...
57.4K 1.4K 70
She was the mysterious and unknown girl and he the boy that liked to unravel secrets, could I make it more obvious? But both end up getting to know...
924 29 3
You were an inconsequential member of the Omatikaya clan who had failed your rites of passage once already. You were born to heal, not hunt or fight...
6.1K 170 21
My father sent me down here to help him save humanity....But I didn't expect me to fall in love with a tall blue alien...... I protect my people fro...