12

Riti done by Br0keB1rd 

       It was a beautiful night, I had to admit that Jake made it better. Neytiri and Jake where the best adoptive parents I could ask for and I hated myself for doubting them. Ao'nung didn't know anything. They loved me, they would never kick me out. I honestly didn't give a shit anymore if Neteyam begged them to take me because they loved me regardless. I didn't understand then but I understood now.

"RITI!"

I heard my name being yelled. I looked around but it was pretty dark out so It was hard to see.

I hesitated, " Eywa?"

" RITI?!"

"I am listening, great mother." I immediately got to my knees in a prying motion.

I mean if Kiri could hear Eywa maybe I could too.

"Ri !" I looked in the opposite direction and Neteyam was storming to me with hair swinging around his face. I loved it when it did that, it made him look so....handsome. 

" Neteyam?"

He looked at me and his eyes that normally looked yellow during the day looked green in the dark. His face was highlighted by the moon, and the stars on his skin shone bright.

Seeing his face I filled the ache that had been in my heart since I started avoiding him a week ago. I missed him.

" I can't do this anymore." He said staring at me.

" Do what?" He was actually concerning me.

" I can't do this back and forth. I can't, not with you."

" I need better context than that, Netty."

" I can't do this ignoring me and not talking to me, and acting like everything is fine, because it isn't."

Okay I usually never get mad at Neteyam, but he was starting to piss me off. He was the one that was back and forth. It was always "I only need you,Ri" until he goes out with another girl.

" You're one to talk." I scoffed, he glared at me and I admit it got me feeling some type of way.

" How?!"  He asked frustrated and took a step closer to me.I pushed him back.

" What the hell are we?!" I yelled at him.

Everything that I had been feeling for him for the past few years have been under my skin for days now, just needing one push before It finally broke free.

Not bothering to let him say something, I pushed him again, " Am I just your best friend? Am I your sister? Am I something else?!"

I faltered,"I know you think of me as a sister or just a best friend or whatever and that you're repulsed by thinking of me romantically. I- I just needed time so that I can get rid of these feelings so that I can be that for you."

We stood in silence and I was very very uncomfortable. There I go again making things awkward. I didn't know what to say, I basically just told him that I had feelings for him.

"Is that what this has been about?" He asked softly, stepping closer and raising my chin up so that I could stare into his eyes instead of the sand underneath my feet.

" You think that I think of you as my sister?" He sounded almost grossed out by that.

I just nodded, really confused. Isn't that what it was?

"God Riti, you drive me insane." He laughed, he actually laughed. He laughed so hard he held his stomach. Asshole.

" Stop laughing at me, this is serious!"