The Phoenix Princess

By TashaAmy1803

I was neither the heir or the spare but a surprise in a turmoil of a rocky marriage. Separation and argument... More

Chapter Two - Noticing
Chapter Three - Christmastime
Chapter Four - Birthday
Chapter Five - All smiles
Chapter Six - Fate and Granny
Chapter Seven - Surprise on set
Chapter Eight - This and that
Chapter Nine - Oh no
Chapter Ten - Sent back
Chapter Eleven - Reunite
Chapter Twelve - Trying normalcy
Chapter Thirteen - Finally 18
Chapter Fourteen - First Date
Chapter Fifteen - New Beginnings
Chapter Sixteen - To the future

Chapter One - The Surprise

2.3K 38 0
By TashaAmy1803

Technically I was a surprise, a accident, a oopsy daisy. My parents marriage was a rocky marriage, in hindsight most people said it should never have happened but if it didn't then My brothers and I wouldn't be here. So I think it's a bit of a catch 22, damned either way. Personally despite how things ended I'm glad that I'm here and those of my brothers. Anyway, how did I come to be? Well from what i hear my parents were arguing a normal thing for them at the time they constantly argued, how they had my brothers some people will never figure it out...well apart from duty. Off track again, they were arguing, drunk this time coming back from a royal event and well they just ended up in bed together. Let me emphasise this to you how it was to me. THEY WERE EXTREMELY DRUNK and PISSED OFF with each other yet some how they did it and then, well this happened.

Baby Number 3!, Royal Couple expect 3rd Child!, Happy News for Charles and Diana!

Well the last one makes it obvious who my parents are. His Royal Highness Charles Prince of Wales and his then wife Diana Princess of Wales. Like I implied I wasn't planned, My family and country already had the heir and the spare to speak, so there wasn't a nickname title for me to have other than Surprise! Neither the less when I was born my Dad and Mom got the daughter they low key wanted. Even though we were all loved equally

January 12th 1990 I was born. It's a girl! Girl for Prince and Princess of Wales! Little Princess!

Princess Aurora Elizabeth Frances Anne

I know it's very fairytale but would you expect any less? My Parents lasted a further two years before formally separating, for me that's what I grew up knowing, them not being together but having me, it was a different thing for William and Harry. But I didn't know or remember any different. Just before I turned seven they officially divorced and shared custody between them. Roughly a year later I lost my mother in a car crash.

I remember my Dad waking me and my brothers up in the middle of the night and telling us what had happened, I ran out of our room and straight into Granny's arms. That night I made a promise to myself, I would become a daughter to be proud of. At her funeral i walked with my brothers, Grandpa, Dad and Uncle behind her coffin. Inside a small part of me wanted to hide away like it was all a bad nightmare but the ruling part demanded that I do this for my mother.

Growing up without her was vastly different but it eventually became the new normal. Dad mourned the mother of his children but the woman he loved was still very much alive, Camilla tried her best with me, I was cordial and respectful though not always welcoming. I kind of had to be though. When I was 15 Dad and Camilla married.

---November 2005---

I was called in to see Granny, I was brought from school and made drive to Buckingham Palace. Waiting a few minutes after my arrival I was brought into see her, curtsying slightly I smiled

"Aurora." Granny was stood when I came in.

"Granny." I greeted and then went over to kiss her cheek which she returned. She gestured for me to sit down.

"How is school, my dear?" She wondered

"School is school. Though I found love in sports, aside from horse riding I found that I'm enjoying swimming, archery and there was a class in martial arts but sadly that was quickly removed." I answered, she gave a raise of the eyebrow.

"Marital arts you say, how unique." I chuckled and nodded "Did you enjoy it though."

"Throughly, it gives you a sense of empowerment sometimes that's in short supply." I smirk "But I know you Granny, you didn't just call me over to talk about school."

"Ever observant. As you know the Royal Film Performance is coming up in a month, I want you to attend with your father. The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is premiering." I gasp a little

"Really, Granny?" she nodded "Thank you, thank you, thank you." I hugged her and her laughed a little returning it. I pulled away

"I'm glad you're excited. I knew you would be though, you love the books and it only felt right." she tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear "I will have the necessary arrangements made."

------

I was fitted for a gown and I talked about it with Will and Harry none stop. Soon December came quickly and I was returned to Clarence House early, to be greeted by Dad and Camilla. After something to eat I was taken to get ready, there was a knock on my room door.

"Come in!" I call and the door opens revealing Camilla. "Camilla." I gave a small smile

"Aurora, something just arrived for you. From your Grandmother." I got up to face her she was hold a box and opened it.

"The Cambridge lovers knot." I remember my mother wearing it on occasions, it made her head hurt and it was always to big for me.

"To go with what your wearing tonight." she handed it over to the hairstylist

"Thank you." I nod "I know this technically should be your first one with Dad." she waved it off

"There will be plenty of other occasions. I know how much this particular one means to you. I am happy you get to experience this." she took my hands "Your mother would be very proud of you Aurora."

"Thank you." I went to sit back down and the tiara was fitted and my hair finished off. Camilla left and I was fitted into my dress. It was a cliche princess dress but I loved it. I made my way down the stairs holding my dress up a little. Dad, Camilla and the recently arrived William and Harry stood at the bottom.

"You look beautiful sis." William grinned broadly

"I second that" Harry raised his hand "In fact you look like Mum only with considerably longer hair."

" Doesn't she look exquisite Charles?" Camilla asked as i came to the bottom of the steps

"Yes quite. Harry stated it perfectly. You look like your mother." I straighten at the compliment "Are you ready to go my dear?"

"Yes." the two of us exited and entered the car. i gave a wave to my brothers and Camilla as we were driven away and made the roughly 10 minute drive to the Royal Albert Hall.

"Your Grandmother requested that we make a small break in protocol, Aurora." Dad told me making me looking at him "As is custom because you are the youngest and different rank you would exit the car first, but as it is your first time and considering this is more of a treat than a duty. I will exit first."

"Really?" I question it surprised me that there were these small breaks in protocol just so I could see this film, it not only made me feel special but it was a little unsettling because it wasn't what I was used to. Sometimes the littlest things were planned.

"Yes, and we'll walk together." I took a deep breath

"I won't let you down." I promise and he tapped me hand softly. We arrived and Dad got out first. I slid across the seat as Dad held his hand out for me. I took it and stepped out

"Thank you." we were greeted and had a few pictures taken before heading inside. We eventually came to the meet and greet.

"Your Highness this is Andrew Adamson director and one of the writers of the screenplay for the film." I held my hand up for him to shake, which he did and bowed his head.

"Mr Adamson, thank you for bringing one of my childhood dreams to screen. I'm exited to see your work. The Narnia series holds a very special place in my heart. " I commented with a smile

"I hope it lives to what you've imagined, your highness."

"Dawn French and Ray Winstone play Mr and Mrs Beaver." were the next and I shook their hands and they gave a respective gesture

"I have a very good feeling that your scenes will make me laugh, did you enjoy yourselves?" I question. They glance at each other chuckling then back to me

"Yes we did, very much."

"I can only imagine how different it is being voice actors that to being on a set." I then went to meet Jim Broadbent, James McAvoy, Tilda Swinton as well as their other half who they have brought with them.

-3rd Person-

Skander Keynes, Anna Poppelwell, William Mosley and Georgie Henley waited nervously towards the end of the line. Just as they were beginning the meet and greet.

"Oh my god look at the Princess." Georgie breathed "she looks so pretty"

"I can't believe were going to meet actual royals." Skander added jittering in nervousness

"Doesn't she look like her Mum though?" Anna asked "We've all seen pictures here and there anytime she makes a appearance is the first people comment on. But it's a little errie seeing videos of her and then her daughters here." William didn't say anything just watched as the Prince and Princess made their way down. William came to speak to them and they exchanged brief words moving on. Aurora was first introduced to Skander.

"This is Skander Keynes, playing Edmund Pevensie" Skander gave a curt bow as he shook her hand.

"You seem nervous or is it excitement i sense?" she chuckled

"Nervous, Your Highness."

"To be expected, I find it helps to take a deep breath and recite a funny line that you've heard before in your head, you get a laugh and put yourself at ease." Aurora moved on and Skander let out a little breath

"Miss Anna Poppelwell playing Susan Pevensie"

"Poppelwell, Didn't your brother play Michael Darling in Peter Pan?" Aurora questioned making Anna smile.

"Yes he did."

"Well I'm sure the acting talent runs in the family. I'm happy to see your interpretation of such a loved character."

"William Mosley playing Peter Pevensie." Aurora moved on and froze in her place as she held out her hand and he took it.

"The Eldest Pevensie, you're a lot taller than I expected and I'm wearing heels." Aurora joked still holding onto his hand "Did you enjoy making the film?" she wondered

"Yes I did." he didn't make any attempt to let go either

"I have a feeling that this will be the start of a bright future for all of you. Though sadly Peter is not in it for that long I did enjoy his time in the books. How old are you?" her hand slipped away and both hands fell to their sides

"18" she hummed

"Quite Handsome." she muttered to herself and then moved on to Georgie

"Georgie Henley playing Lucy Pevensie." Georgie looked up in awe to the Princess who dipped down to talk to her properly.

"Hello."

"Hello your highness." they shook hands and Georgie curtsy slightly

"I love your dress. Purple is my favourite colour, you look very pretty." Georgie beamed at her and blushed slightly

"Thank you. You look pretty as well, the other said you look like your Mum, but I don't know about that." she shrugged a little making Aurora laugh

"I get that a lot. What was your favourite part about making the film?"

"The part with the snow was a lot of fun. I was blindfolded so I didn't see it till we were filming. I was so much fun."

"Well I can't wait to see that part. It was nice meeting you Georgie." Aurora rose back to her feet and moved to where she was handed a bouquet of flowers. Before heading inside Aurora turned back to look at William, sparing him a long glance

"Are you coming my dear?" Charles asked his daughter who turned back around with a small smile

"Yes." she walked on ahead

------

The film ended Charles and Aurora exited first and too the short car ride home where Aurora quickly fell asleep on her fathers shoulder. When they arrived back at Clarence house, Charles woke up a very sleepy daughter. William and Harry helped her inside and up to her room where maids helped her change and she eventually got straight into bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 118 15
When you find happiness grab it with both hands. My Parents taught me a lot about love. Mainly how not to do things but the lessons were still valuab...
210 2 29
I won the hunger games. I was the lucky one, the sole survivor. And then they picked me to be a princess. It was an honor, of course, but also a burd...
8.3K 223 20
"Sometimes someone comes into your life, so unexpectedly, takes your heart by surprise, and changes your life forever" ~~~~~~~~~ @RockinGirl10123
232 45 14
" I am so sorry dear but I don't have any other way " said my father with tear stained eyes. " I understand ...." I barely whispered to him. I Jennif...