You Only Live Once

By basicsarcasticteen

Katniss Everdeen was always a normal girl. As simple as that. She was smart, but not overly smart. She was pr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
AN/New Story!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
AN- New Story
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue
AN: New story

Chapter 3

1.5K 57 12
By basicsarcasticteen

Katniss POV.

"What do you like to do?" Peeta asks me. He's been asking me all sorts of questions about myself.
We're both sat in my bed doing our essays we'll have to hand next week.

"Why are you asking me all this?" I ask.

"I need to know more stuff about you if I want to take you in one adventure. I'll have to choose something sitiáveis for you" Peeta answers as if it is the most obvious thing in the world.

"So your saying that according to the person you take on your adventure you choose something on the taste of that person?" I ask, feeling somehow impressed by how thoughtfull he's being.

"Well, rarely ever take people on my adventures, but when I do, I also want people to have a good time. Ask Finnick, for example."

"From what Finnick told me the one and only time you took him in one adventure he ended up with a broken arm and you with a concussion." I say, quirking one eyebrow.

"And it was the hell of an adventure! O swear, for a few moments, it was Finnick's best night ever!" Peeta says, throwing his hands up in the air, making me break a small smile.

"A few moments?" I ask in the same tone I spoke before, the smirk never quite leaving my face.
Finnick had already warned me that Peeta could be kinda crazy and when it comes to doing radical things and having stupid ideas that weren't ever supposed to work (although they do, due to the point of such inimaginable idioticy). Basically, going on an adventure with him could be either the best thing that could happen or a total disaster.

"Now, are you going to answer my questions?" Peeta asks.

"Fine," I snort, making Peeta chuckle.

"Okay. Let me think." Peeta strokes his chin, while furrowing his eyebrows in a silly expression. "I know!" He beams after a while.

"Shoot!" I say.

"What's your favorite band?" Peeta asks me.

I answer without thinking twice "5 seconds of Summer!" I say, almost having the feels by only saying the name. As you might imagine, I frangira a lot about them.

"Oh, I see. You're into Amnesia, I bet." Peeta answers. Then he starts singing the song in a silly stupid way, making me laugh, but, at the same time, feel mad, because it sounds as if he's mocking them, therefore, mocking me.

I slap his shoulder "Shut up!" I yell, stil laughing, making me sound less mad then I actually am.

"Sorry just got in the beat, you know." Peeta says smirking.

The precise moment I roll my eyes the door opens and Annie and Finnick come in.

"Hey, guys!" Annie says.

"Hey Ann, Finn." Peeta says nodding politely.

Finnick salutes Peeta, who started atrevimento out in my bed.

"So, what you up to?" Annie asks.

I shrugg "Just doing the essays." I answer.

"You actually got Peeta to do something?!" Finnick mocks Peeta, who pretenda to be offended, and answers with a hurtfull 'Hey!'.

I chuckle "Well it's more like Peea helping me." I answer, which is true. Peeta is actually pretty smart, for someone who barely ever picks up a book. His IQ his almost the double of mine. I know this because we both did an online test to measure our IQ level. Apperently Peeta is, according to what the tear says, 'genius'.

"Really?" Finnick asks quite impressed.

"Yups." Peeta answers "Why else do you think I had better grades than you?"

"I don't know, I actually thought the teachers pittied you." Finnick answers, although he immediatly regretted saying, considering how Peeta's expression fell to a frown, although I don't know why. Peeta and Finnick were always mocking eachother with harmfull words and never one of them got offended. Why is this such a bad thing? I decide to think that Peeta has too much self-proud. I look at Annie, she's glaring at Finnick, who is bitting his bottom lip. I decide that the problem is not too much self-proud.

"Am I missing on something?" I ask.

Annie goes to answer but Peeta cutts her off "Nothing! It's nothing really."
There's a few seconds of silence until Peeta stands up and leaves "I got to go." he says slamming the door behind him.

Annie glares at Finnick what are you doing? Go after him!" She snaps angrily. Finnick sights, still wearing a guilty expression and runs out the door after Peeta.

"What just happened?" I ask Annie. I really never felt so out of it. I have know idea what's going on.

Annie just shakes her head "It's nothing really, just Finnick and his smart mouth." Annie sighs. I still don't know what's the pensem but I decide to don't push it. I look out the window, where I see Peeta pacing rapidly and Finnick running after him. It's just a matter of seconds till Finnick catches him and they both start yelling at each other. After a while a red-head comes to between them and breaks them appart before theystart fighting. I turn around, I didn't even notice Annie leaving the room. She starts lecturing them, and this time they both luck guilty. Then she puts her hands in her hips as stands there waiting for the boys to do something. They stare at each other questioningly and then hug awkwardly, making me chuckle. Annie sure knows how to boas them around. She, herself looks somewhat amused.

She the comes back inside and enters our dorm a few moments later. Just the time for her to cross the hallway.

"Sorry about that." she says sitting in her bed and taking out someone her books.

"Great! Now I have no one to help me do this stupid essay!" I say sarcatically.

Annie chuckles. "Wow, Katniss. Hope you feel proud, Peeta's already smartest then you." she says. "Shame he's so lazzy." she adds.

There's a pause for a few moments, bringing an awkward silence to us both.

"Since when do you and Peeta know each other?" I ask trying to start a conversation.

Annie shruggs "Since small kids. Me and Peeta have been neighbours since we were babies. We've always been bestfriends. Then when we were like seven Peeta left. When he was 16 he came back. By that time I was already dating Finnick and I introduced them. We've all been inseparable since then." Annie explains pushing her glasses back up, since they always seem to be slidding to the tip of their nose.

I try to picture how it must've been like with all of them together. wasn't it weird. I mean, didn't Peeta feel like a third wheel? "Wasn't it weird for Peeta to be always after you and Finnick, I mean, you guys make out a awfull lot." I ask Annie.

She shruggs "Not really. Wanna see something?" Annie asks smirking, getting a little closer to me. I nod, curious about what it could be. She goes to her beside table and takes off her drawer a picture, handing it to me.

"This was at Prom." she declares.

I study the picture. I can easily recognize everyone in this photo. Annie, Finnick and Peeta, although They're all much different now. Annie is in the middle, wearing a radiant smile and a green gown, showing of her braces (that she now doesn't have), Finnick had his arm around her waist. It actually made me burst out laughing at how much acne Finnick's tanned skin had. He was wearing his signature smirk and a tuxedo with a bowtye matching Annie's dress. Peeta had an arm around Annie's shoulder (who was in the middle of the boys) and was pointing at something in the silling, with one of his many goofy expressions. Unlike the other two, who were formally dressed, He was wearing a simple pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I can't stop noticing how pale and thin Peeta was back then. His skin had a sickly colour to it, and his cheeks were almost hollow, he's a lot buffer now. His hair was cropped short and the colour seemed way much lighter than it is right now.

"This just proves what I said earlier. You went all together to Prom? Did you dance the slow all the three of you together?" I ask, mockingly.

"Well, actually, no." Annie says "Peeta had a date but apperently it didn't work." I snort.

"So Peeta stood up his pair and went with you guys? Why did he invite her, then?" I ask, trying to pictur the situation, I bet it was amusing.

"Well, he didn't. I set them up, but Peeta didn't like the idea much, I guess." Annie says, making a ponytail with her red hair.

I roll my eyes "Were you so desperate in getting read of Peeta to the point of setting him up with some girl?"

"Well, in my defense, Peeta is impossible when it comes to girls. He never even had a girlfriend." Annie says rolling her eyes.

I actually feel kind of impressed. I guy like Peeta Mellark was sure to have had lots of girlfriends before. But he didn't. How come it be possible. Peeta is handsome, funny, nice. That's what all girls want, right?

"Never?" I say, raising my eyebrows.
Annie shakes her head.

"Not one."

I get closer to her "Is he gay?" I whisper. Annie bursts out laughing. But then she notices I'm being serious and stops.

"God, no" she says seriously. "I know Peeta Mellark like the palm of my hand and I assure you he's not gay."

"OK, I believe you. It just sounds like the only explanation possible." I explain.

"Katniss Everdeen, are you saying Peeta Mellark is desirable?" She asks smirking.

"Well, I'm not gonna lye, he is good material." I say truthfully. "But that means nothing." I add.

Annie nods. "Of course not." she says. I can't tell if she is being serious or sarcastic.

I sight.
"Whatever." I mumble, going back to my essay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 1.1K 28
Peeta Mellark- Was an Alpha at only twelve years old. Has a little sister Primrose. She's all he has less of a family and the only thing he cares abo...
21.9K 694 21
Peeta Mellark. Peeta is the schools popular. Everyone loves him. The boys want to be him and the girls want to be with him. He's very rich as his par...
4.3K 349 46
Katniss Everdeen has a tough life for a 17 year old. Her father died 2 years ago and her mother supposedly committed suicide because she was devastat...
139K 3.2K 27
This story is based on after Mockingjay. This story is all about the Epilogue. And we all know what happens in the Epilogue. This fanfic takes place...