I Won't Fail A Second Time! (...

Від WeebiestBoi

The world is crashing down, people are screaming, cries for help, buildings burning. All Ryder could do is w... Більше

Main Character File
Main Cast File
Chapter 1: Restart
Chapter 2: Academy Life is Something
Chapter 3: Changing History
Chapter 5: Years Later
Chapter 6: Long Time No See

Chapter 4: Goodbyes when flowers bloom

614 22 7
Від WeebiestBoi

Ryder POV

Man if this couldn't get any stranger, all four of the future K/DA is here.  At this point it is really starting to set in, that the future is going to be completely foreign to me now and I am going to have to go off the cuff for it.  That's ok, but what isn't is that my actions are affecting the others, that is not ok, I want them to live happily, I remember in the interview before I rewound time that Ahri said after meeting the girls it was the best thing that ever happened to her and I dont want to ruin that. 

Kai'Sa: "Oh I'm so sorry, would you happen to know where the nurse is?  My friend Akali here feel down the stairs trying to slide down the rail."

I shake my head and chuckle to myself, before I can speculate Eve pipes in.

Evelynn: "The nurse had to attend to an emergency.  She is out right now."

Kai'Sa seems to accept this answer and helps Akali to a bed.

Kai'Sa: "Now stay put I am going to look for some antibiotics and bandages for you."

Akali seems to try to protest this.

Akali: "Bokkie I promise I'm alright, it isn't anything I haven't had to deal with before.

This caused Kai'Sa to glare at her friend, shutting Akali up, and continued to search. After a while she found what she was looking for and patched her friend up.  To break the extremely tense silence Akali spoke.

Akali: "Soooooooo.... What yall doin here?"

Ryder: "Sorry that's-"

Ahri: "An incident happened. That's all."

This surprised me, I didn't expect RiRi to tell her, even if it was a very blank answer.  After a bit of introductions to keep the conversation going and avoiding the awkward silence, I found out that Akali already liked rapping and that Kai'Sa is already set to join the best dance academy in the country after graduating.   It was honestly quite nice and relaxing, but sadly I knew that good things don't last.  Before Ahri could continue to speak on her next show she gets to act in, the door is slammed open and two enforcers walk in with headmistress Fiora.

Fiora: "Mr Klein, due to the excess of violence you had displayed today, you are being detained and are to be expelled.  We do not tolerate this kind of behavior."

This shocked everyone, I wasn't surprised, the pricks I beat up come from money, and money is power, so of course I am going to be the bad guy.

Ahri: "Miss Fiora there has to be some kind of mistake! D was only protecting me from being raped! He acted in protection not reckless violence!"

Ahri tried to get up, but I put a hand on her shoulder and shook my head.

Ryder: "Ahri don't.  I knew this was gonna happen and I will face the expected punishment.  Don't worry I am sure we will meet again and don't forget we will always be friends."

I smile at her and hand her a small pendant I had planned to give her for her birthday, but since I am gonna be shipped off soon I might as well give it to her now.  Thank god I was carrying it.

I try to make a joke to lighten her up.

Ryder: "Don't go and forget me when you make it big."

I could tell she was about to just start bawling, so I quickly stood up and looked at Eve.

Ryder: "Please watch over her while I'm gone."

Evelynn: "I will, but I better see you again."

I chuckled and nodded.

Ryder: "Yes ma'am."

I turned around and looked at the two enforcers waiting for me and I stick my hands out.

Ryder: "I ain't goin anywhere don't worry, I won't resist or anything."

This seemed to relax the two enforcers and headmistress Fiora, they probably didn't wanna have to fight a renegade high tier.

As I walk out with them I turn back and look at the four girls in the room.

Ryder: "You all look good together! Start a band or something!"

I chuckle as I knew it was going to happen regardless, but I kind of wanted partial credit just as a little morale boost to myself.  I look forward as I walk out of the building in handcuffs to be taken to Piltover SecuraMax Prison, a prison made for high tiers.

Ahri POV

I couldn't believe it.  My best friend. My first friend.  My first love. Gone.  Why? Because I couldn't pick my friends right.  Tears started to flow again and all I could do was cry and grip the thin blanket.  I felt a hand rub my back and I look at Evelynn.

Evelynn: "I know it hurts, let it out, but don't forget he said he would be back."

Ahri: "I know, but what if he doesn't? What if something happens and he forgets me?"

Evelynn: "I..... I don't know, but it's Ryder he will figure something out.  Don't go losing hope, he's strong."

I knew she was just trying to reassure me, but all I could feel was frustration, what does she know? How can she be so calm when he just got treated as a criminal even though he is innocent? More and more questions, insecurities, and worry started to swell within me.

Kai'Sa: "I know this is a bad time, but what happened?"

Evelynn sighed and looked at me.  I was the only one other than D who knew what happened.  I took a breath and tried to stay calm.  I recounted the story the best I could, trying to avoid missing a single detail.  After I told my story, Evelynn and Kai'Sa look appalled and Akali looked like she was about to be sick.  I was about to try again after recounting what had happened, and immediately Kai'Sa pulled me into a hug and Evelynn kept rubbing my back.

Kai'Sa: "I'm so sorry you had to go through something like that."

Evelynn: "I knew something bad had happened, but that's just terrible."

After Akali had managed to not throw up, she decided to join the conversation.

Akali: "So wait, then why is he being detained? Shouldn't the guys who assaulted you?"

Ahri: "That's what I don't get! Why him? Why not the actual criminals?"

Evelynn: "It is probably due to the fact that those pricks' parents having a lot of money.  This school is funded partially from the government and the other half from a mix of donations, tuition costs, and fees."

I let that sink and and realized that D was a scholarship student, something the school doesn't like because he doesn't give them money, they give him money and not to mention those pricks, especially Brayden's family is loaded.

Kai'Sa: "That's just terrible.  Ruining an innocent person's life because of money."

Akali: "That is so dumb, why be so fueled on money?"

Evelynn: "Because money is power.  You need money to survive.  Of course the school will pick the ones giving out the most money, they don't want to lose funding."

This started to make me more and more anxious.

Is D going to be okay? Are they going to execute him or something? Even if not will he be in prison for life?

As my thoughts kept racing, I was brought back by Evelynn.

Evelynn: "Ahri breathe."

I took a few deep breathes and tried to calm down.

Evelynn: "Trust in Ryder.  He always seems to have a plan."

I nod at this and remember that there hasn't been a moment where D was lacking in a plan.

Kai'Sa: "Excuse me, but could I get your contact information? I'd like to get to know you both and Akali needs to socialize more."

Evelynn and I look at each other and nod.  After chatting with them and exchanging contact information.  Evelynn helped me get back to my dorm and we planned to keep each other company until we hear from D again.  I lay down in my bed and try to get some sleep.  If D sees bags under my eyes again I swear he will not let me off easy.

Ryder POV

I am just sweating now. I have no plan. I have nothing. I can't think of a single thing.  No matter what plan comes into my head it will only leads to issues either with law enforcement or rich people.  My thoughts became interrupted by one of the guards in the containment van with me.

Guard 1: "Hey kid don't look so tense, we are only doing this to follow protocol.  We know you did nothing wrong. We saw the footage.  Dumb kids recorded their act."

This caught my attention.

Ryder: "Protocol? If I was innocent then why make that whole display and have the headmistress expel me?"

The guard shrugs at me. I am definitely gonna not get a single answer am I?  I am also continually surprised as he unlocked my handcuffs.

Guard 1: "The protocol is to arrest the 'violent assailant' even if they are the victim of the original crime.  We had to have the headmistress expel you as those kids' parents were breathing down our necks."

Now it was starting to click.  It didn't matter about money and power when it came to enforcement.  Of course I knew there are dirty enforcers and such, but due to the new management from the council I guess that caused some good changes.  I was never super into as before I was more focused on not dying and actually being able to sustain myself.

Ryder: "But what now? What about my education?"

Guard 1: "Leave that to us, first let's have you get over the hurdle of not getting mauled by 12 very angry parents."

The relaxing moment I just had vanished.  Right, the parents.  Of course even if I am innocent, those parents are gonna hate me for beating the ever living shit out of their garbage off-spring.  After stopping in front of the judgement hall and having the 3 guards escort me in I took a deep breath.

Ryder: "Well here goes something."

-Timeskip-

Well that was....... better than I expected.  At the start of the trial of course the parents just tried to pin that I was a violent crazy child, but the moment the video came to light they had nothing.  Ahri's mom showed up and so did my parents.  Obviously my parents and Mrs. Tengho were royally pissed.  Overall I was found innocent and of course even though those shits should be in prison I might've actually disabled 3 of them and the other 3 are still in hospital.  After exiting the judgement hall I am led to an office.  It read 'Commissioner's Office' this was making me start to sweat, why was I here? I was proven innocent so why?  I enter the office to be met with the commissioner.

Commissioner Ulrich: "Hello Mr. Ryder Klein." 

I can't say a word.  This was one of only 4 people in the world with the ranking of 10/10, he could easily beat me.

Commissioner Ulrich: "No need to be so tense young man, I am here to make an offer. Since you cannot attend school anymore due to protocol I would like to offer you a chance to hone your already apparent skills and have you assist in 'void tear containment'."

This took me by surprise as I never expected to be offered a once in a lifetime job. Sure it was dangerous, but it paid REALLY well and I could gain experience to brace for what the future had for me. Wait. I'm still only 15 and know NOTHING about this career, how the hell am I supposed to be of any use?

Commissioner Ulrich: "Of course first you would have to go through basic training and all that. Don't fret we won't just feed you to the dogs."

That made me relax a bit more, but still taking this means I will probably have zero chance of seeing Riri and Evie again.  That actually hurt to think about.  They were two of my best of friends in school, and granted I wasn't super close to Akali or Kai'Sa I felt as if I could have been if given the opportunity.  Even with all my conflicting emotions I knew what I needed to do.

Ryder: "I'll take it."

This made the commissioner smile.

Commissioner Ulrich: "Welcome then.  To the Red Devils."

A/N: ALRIGHT! Thats gonna be it for this chapter, I wanted to move things more towards the actual main story line so next chapter will be quite a few years into the future about where everyone is in their early to mid 20s.  For those that wanted more interactions between Ryder and Kai'Sa or Akali don't worry! I'll be making up for it, but I am personally not a huge fan of ALL 4 girls being relatively close to the MC before the story even kicks into gear. I like buildup what can I say?  Welp! Here it goes into the future! See yall! Hope you liked it!

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

31.5K 722 19
Trouble catches on with the Tethi family as Akali was enjoying her life as a famous popstar/rapper as she is part of a group called K/DA. Akali then...
43.4K 847 30
Runeterra, a world filled with wild fantasies people could only dream of. The world is in a more modern era as of now, and there have been conflicts...
346K 11.6K 68
In the world of Runeterra, anyone could achieve anything, provided they had the strength to do it. But as for the weak? The powerless? There was noth...
94.9K 2.2K 36
Tired of being pestered by his father Y/n Arisato had run away from Ionia and into piltover to start a new but as that happens he hides his last name...