HAZARDOUS ✷ Lookism.

נכתב על ידי loverayz

LOOKISM. ❛ ─── he brings destruction, she worsens the chaos. IN WHICH the kil siblings learn that not ever... עוד

𝟎. prelude
𝐈. death of a star
𝐈𝐈. mistakes
𝐈𝐈𝐈. get together
𝐈𝐕. festival
𝐕. tame beast
𝐕𝐈. flesh wound
𝐕𝐈𝐈. wow, he talks
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. midterms
𝐈𝐗. spare my hands
𝐗. strangers
𝐗𝐈. just a slave
𝐗𝐈𝐈. happy birthday
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. pathetic jiho
𝐗𝐈𝐕. sports day
𝐗𝐕. cotton candy
𝐗𝐕𝐈. the princess & the frogs
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. sophomores rule!
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. real men wear cute headbands
𝐗𝐈𝐗. face to face
𝐗𝐗𝐈. apologies
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. revived spark
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. the blind date fiasco

𝐗𝐗. the accident

140 14 126
נכתב על ידי loverayz

─── chapter twenty.
❛ THE ACCIDENT ❜

YEARS AGO, the kils had been whole. though whole did not mean perfect — it meant complete.

back when they had someone to call 'mom' and someone to call 'dad'.

oh, wait.

that was never the case for the kil family. raised off broken glass and red handprints upon bleeding skin, held with contempt and not compassion. they were children made of hollow wood, adorned with the splinters of their father's hand and the chips of their mother's tongue.

it permeated their skin, marking the inklings of blue and purple galaxies upon their cheeks and jaws, trails of stars reaching down to their collars and sprinkling their knees. those caresses of that so-called love, so firm and so unwavering, like the strike of a clock hitting the hour.

kil deok-su and kil deok-ja had grown up drunk from their parent's love. a love so false that it was so easy to believe it was real.

with a father that ran his children the way he ran his gang, and a mother that loved her son and daughter the way she loved all those faceless men that crawled out of her room in the dead of night, the kil family was less of a family than one could imagine.

still, they were complete.

kil deok-su and kil deok-ja grew up with the illusion that love was their fists and that love was something that didn't exist outside adrenaline and pleasure.

their mother loved passionately. not them, of course, but the line of men stationed outside their door when the sun went down.

she didn't bother with her children. there was no ring around her finger, tossed away in her jewelry box and left to rot away, an eternal reminder of a family which she had no love to spare. two children to whom she did not wish to be 'mother' to.

as for the man she called her husband, he loved through violence. every bruise was an 'i love you', to both his children and his wife, embracing their bodies with his fists and kissing them with his rage.

but even then, the kils were still complete.

there was never the option of leaving. they lived in a ghost town, the only residents being their father's friends and a few other protestant vendors. nobody ever visited anymore, and the kils were hidden away from the world that would scorn at their cracked family and condemn the lives they lived.

their only escape was trading one prison for the next. school.

it was a living hell for the kil siblings. their love would never be accepted by the shiny faces of the other students; the bruises left on their cheeks, affection from either one of the siblings were met with tears and angry yells, bloody faces and broken bones.

then, they grew up.

fighting became anger, fear became their fuel. nobody dared cross the two, because if they didn't kill, their father surely would.

or at least they thought, because to them the kil family was complete. they loved, and they stuck together. they were a true family. one that was glued to the hip, all they had in a world that wanted to ruin them.

but the kil twins had been ruined from the moment they were born.

‎FOUR YEARS AGO — GANGSEO, KOREA.

THE KILS THRIVED OFF BLOOD. one sight of the crimson liquid sent them in a frenzy, like rabid dogs fighting over a bone. they fought just to satiate the bottomless hole in their love-less hearts.

that morning it was particularly windy, the air still slightly warm during the oncoming autumn. deok-su and deok-ja walked, their blazers stuffed into their backpacks and uniforms poorly worn, into their middle school.

the kils were regarded as gods. their fingers were doused in blood, and it dripped a trail of curses in their wake.

such a change fueled them. going from their closet called a room, sleeping so cramped together that their necks and legs ached come morning, to being at the very top — it was like a hazy fever dream.

deok-ja kicked a chair out of her way, scowling at a group of students huddled in the corner of the room. there was someone there, sitting upon the desk at the very back of the class. her desk.

"fucking flies." she snarled, and the group turned to face her in fear. "the fuck are you doing around my desk?"

they stared at her like deer caught in headlights, faces draining of color. it didn't take long for the group to disperse, leaving behind a rather tall boy all alone, still planted in her seat.

he grinned, leaning in to rest his cheek on his palm. "you must be kil deok-ja."

jake kim was unlike any teenager kil deok-ja had ever met — or would ever meet — in her life. tall, lean frame, sculpted face, and eyes that danced with joy despite the unnerving prospect of locking eyes with 'devil incarnate' deok-ja.

"i've heard so much about you."

and that was how it began. every day, without fail, jake kim appeared out of nowhere, asked deok-ja endlessly idiotic questions, and followed her around. jake kim, with his twinkling eyes that were full of potential, turned kil deok-ja's life upside down.

deok-su too grew used to seeing jake kim tagging behind his sister as they walked out of the school gates — and he watched as her scowl grew into something fuller. only for that reason did he permit their uncoordinated friendship, because he no longer wished to see the rage that filled his sister's eyes as she recounted every curse and hatred-written comment on last year's shredded yearbook, or the way her eyes would harden as they sweeped across her old school uniform stained with dirt and spoiled milk.

the kil siblings, like all children, were deserving of love too. even if that meant having to bear with the insufferable jake kim and his circle of friends.

soon enough, another boy came along too. and he, like jake, shared that insatiable flame in his gaze and crushed the skies with his feet.

this boy was named samuel seo. samuel was meant for kil deok-su, another individual that understood the inner workings of a troubled mind and knew how tiresome the world could get. a companion to share the worries that kil deok-su could not bear to burden his sister with. their bloody pieces fit so prettily, perfect as incomplete beings could be.

together, they lived a life on the edge, barely holding on to what made them as human as they could get. the kils grew tangled up with big deal, a family that they could actually love, with people that didn't bring heartache to their lives. sinu han had so graciously extended his home, not caring who or why the kils chose to join.

and the kil family's love grew bearable, too. it became a hollow emptiness that settled upon their bones, a whisper of dying grace that left their bloody bodies as their father gave his love so endlessly upon them. 'i love you's like the crackling of a whip, staining upon their skin like ribbons of flesh. it all became dull, meaningless.

even their mother's cold love grew calloused but void, dying out like a flame in wintertime. her lust for a love she could no longer obtain consumed her whole, and it released like a dam on the only beings she could never wholly love — the creations that had left her womb so long ago, creatures so hideous that her lips would never utter the words 'my children' to.

though her frail fingers could not inflict much pain upon them, her words will forever haunt the kil siblings in their nightmares. at least, she did not completely desert them, but her apologies meant nothing when her fingers curled around empty bottles and hurled themselves at her children's heads, screaming and crying her eternal regrets of giving birth to such evil beasts, reincarnations of a husband she too had suffered at the hands of.

the kil siblings learned of a warm love. a love that was jake kim, samuel seo, sinu han, big deal. a strand of hope that did not stain their fingers red, nor clung at their throats until it grew hard to breathe. it was big deal that restored kil deok-su and kil deok-ja

if only they had known. the mistakes that would lead to their downfall, the destruction that their goodwill would reap.

the endings that the kil family would set upon big deal, that fateful day.

‎THOUGH THEIR MOTHER OFTEN YELLED AT THEM, the kil siblings weren't afraid of her. how could they be afraid of such a finished woman, so frail and small, who only mimicked the love she had received?

but that didn't mean they loved her. deok-su, especially, did not love his mother. he may have preferred her crazed temper over his father's beatings, but their love was one in the same.

deok-su could only love his poor sister, a foolish girl that still craved for a mother's embrace despite the damage that woman had done to her. the girl that he so deeply cherished, enough to commit sins grave enough to be haunted by.

deok-su had often been told he grew up far too fast for a fourteen-year-old. it was inevitable, when he was born with the mind of an adult, so filled with worry that he could not enjoy his childhood — one he never had, he should add. though samuel seo brought back what little childhood he had left, the bruises and scars never exactly left.

above all things or people, kil deok-su loved kil deok-ja the most. even in birth, they were together, and in the moments when they were apart, they wailed to be in each other's presence. a bond deeper than the blood they shared, entertaining their lives together far more than the umbilical cord that tied them to them woman who made them.

that bond had been easily severed, they both knew well.

it was a given that his soul would ache whenever he saw the child he was supposed to protect (his brotherly duty he swore to adhere to on the day his eyes first met with the child he shared a birthday with) covered in purples, blues, and blacks that weren't new clothes he promised to someday buy her.

deok-su loved deok-ja far more than he loved himself. and that love, so tumultuous and unwavering, blurred right from wrong, sin from virtue.

so grand that he would uproot entire countries and go back on his sworn word to never kill if it was for kil deok-ja. because he was his one and only light; after all, it is a dying star that emits the brightest light, and like the black hole he was, he yearned to forever be by her blinding side.

rain fell on the worst day of kil deok-su's life. like all bad omens, the pitter-patter of the gloomy weather unsettled him, plaguing his mind with regrets. after all, that was the day his happiness became torture, and his life became the very pinnacle of pain.

it was the day he learned that even the sweetest things come to an end.

‎FROM THE VERY MOMENT THE WORDS LEFT HIS LIPS, deok-su regretted ever letting them carelessly tumble out of his mouth.

he hated the way samuel seo stared at him, with calculating eyes hidden away by his obviously false smile. or, at least the way he used to stare at him, because all deok-su could see in his eyes at that very moment was estranged mystery.

deok-su and samuel weren't friends. they were something that couldn't be said in words. a blend of chaos that perfectly described their twisted minds and vile, sinning bodies.

"why not?" the words flowed so effortlessly off the younger boy. deok-su often forgot that he was older, mostly because samuel's much larger build always added to his age.

the bespectacled boy shrugged tiredly. "why do you want to meet my family?"

deok-su didn't like a single bit of this conversation. the only family he cared to talk about was deok-ja, but samuel knows enough about her to write an essay.

the boy in the mullet contemplated his words, fidgeting with an unlit cigarette. the two were on the rooftop of the school that samuel attended. it was odd that the two had met despite not even going to the same school, but deok-su didn't mind the change of scenery.

"you met mine." samuel hummed.

deok-su looked at the other teen with his droopy eyes. he hated whenever samuel brought up a topic that didnt interest him in the slightest, because the boy was adamant about discussing it before they moved on with their conversation.

"urns don't count." deok-su grimaced as he's reminded of his encounter with samuel's family.

"i get it if you don't want to show anybody your messed up family, but come on," samuel scooted closer, and deok-su could now fully see the extent of the other boy's height. "it's me we're talking about."

deok-su huffed out a small smile, their shoulders brushing. only he was wearing his school uniform; the younger teen never bothered.

"right, because i'm so worried over what you'll say about my fucked up family." deok-su breathed out sarcastically.

samuel barked out a laugh — its rough and loud, but deok-su doesn't mind the sound as much as he used to.

"fine, don't take me then." the boy said in mock anger. "will you at least stay the night with big deal?"

deok-su thought for a while. his mind wandered to deok-ja, who was currently hanging out with jake kim and presumably the rest of his group — jerry kwon, brad lee, jason yoon, and lineman. maybe even sinu han, if he was feeling up to it — doing dumb teenager things like they did most of the time.

"depends." he hummed.

"right. i'll just ask deok-ja then. at least she'll give me a straightforward answer." samuel replied with slight annoyance. one of the many things that irked samuel about deok-su was his lack of quick decision-making. though he supposed that made him all the more endearing, in its own way.

samuel, thanks to deok-su's endless rants, had also grown fond of kil deok-ja. she was the only one permitted to call him that horrendous nickname 'sammy', despite how much he had previously abhorred being called anything other than his name. not even deok-su could call him that, because as the younger boy had said angrily one day not so long ago, 'given names are for using'.

"go ahead. she won't reply though." deok-su laughed softly.

samuel huffed out a breath. he still hadn't lit the cigarette. perhaps he was being thoughtful of deok-su, who had once mentioned how much he hated the stench of smoke (it often filled the room his father so ruthlessly ruined him on the daily). maybe that was why samuel's clothes smelled of faint cologne and not their usual smokey fragrance.

deok-su once felt as though he had forgotten what it meant to live. living for a life he couldn't have, so unattainable, it broke apart his body into tiny pieces and scattered them on his early grave. sure, kil deok-ja did her best to reclaim and collect the pieces, and samuel seo did a decent job of gluing him back together, but there were still pieces missing.

maybe not crucial pieces, like a heart or a brain — but meaningless pieces that made his humanity disappear. compassion, pity, feelings that he hardly felt, overtaken by the robotic sense installed within him.

clink. samuel was fiddling with his lighter, the flame appearing and disappearing. whenever he contemplated something deeply, his eyebrows furrowed and his face went blank, as if he was recharging.

perhaps that was why deok-su found such comfort in the boy. they shared too many similarities that both of them couldn't like within themselves, but found perfectly fine in each other.

"i've been thinking." samuel opened his mouth, closing it slightly before contemplating his words. deok-su's smile dissolved slightly. "why don't you just end it? save yourself and your sister from those bastards you call a family."

the bespectacled boy's jaw clenched slightly, turning away from the younger teen.

"didn't anybody tell you it's rude to pry into matters that don't concern you?" deok-su asked, his eyes boring into samuel's.

he never found them scary — in fact, samuel quite liked how vast and serene deok-su's eyes were. they weren't empty, nor were they eerie. they were just a reflection, a parallel if you will, of samuel's own gaze.

"unfortunately not." the boy grinned slightly, pocketing his lighter and taking a small glance at his unused cigarette before flicking it off the rooftop. "and i don't plan on listening anyway."

deok-su scoffed, taking the opportunity to stand up and dust his clothes off. "i'm going home?"

"why?" samuel's eyes were cold, unforgiving, and just the slightest bit cautious. "so they can ruin you all over again?"

deok-su stared into the boy's eyes, and it was like a clash of oceans.

"yes, samuel." he murmured softly. he no longer had the energy to bite back at his useless bait. "better me than her."

"i hate that. why don't you ever think about yourself?" the teen asked, jabbing a finger at the older boy's chest.

deok-su sighed, prying samuel's finger off of his chest. he had always been like that. getting angry on deok-su's behalf, engraving his rage on people he'd never even met, only because they had turned his one and only companion into the coward that he was now, wasting away all his talent on nothing but being a pitiful excuse for a person.

"you'll understand when you have someone or something you have to protect." deok-su had been spending too much time with big deal — even their words were being incorporated into his manner of speaking.

years later, samuel seo would learn that the 'someone' he wished to protect never truly needed it, but it had been the other way around. it was samuel seo that needed the protection of kil deok-su, the only person that knew what it felt like to be an untamable beast living in a world of emptiness.

"you're such a coward." he scoffed, not fully meaning it. samuel seo got angry easily. perhaps it was puberty, or the fact that he could never get his way with kil deok-su, but that irked him too.

deok-su didn't reply. he just gave the younger teen a final glance, and walked back down the stairs, ignoring the soft patter of footsteps following behind him.

truly, samuel seo was a mystery deok-su would never unravel.

‎OF ALL THE THINGS KIL DEOK-JA DESPISED, and there were many — annoying bugs that thought they would walk all over her, pretentious bastards, the list went on — kil ki-tae was the worst.

to her, the man was like a devil. perhaps that was why she loathed the nickname 'devil incarnate' so much. it reminded her that she was just like her father. she was born to become just like the man who destroyed his children and molded them to be his obedient slaves.

back then, she did — but now, she had accepted the harsh reality that kil deok-ja was indeed her father's daughter. it was all she could be, since her mother had already rebuked her birthright.

deok-ja had always loved her mother more than she would ever love her father. perhaps it was the bond of a mother and daughter, or perhaps it was that all those months spent inside her womb developed a flickering ember of trust within the woman.

her brother may scorn her for never talking bad over her mother, but deok-ja feels pity for the woman. the difficulty of raising a child off tainted love, struggling to stay afloat when all she wanted to do was sink — deok-ja can't imagine the pain their mother went through.

though she would never love her mother the way a normal person would, deok-ja cannot say she hated her. she cannot hug her mother, nor kiss her goodnight, but what resentment lies within her heart isn't enough to make deok-ja wish she never existed.

kil deok-ja didn't need familial love to get by. her brother was enough.

big deal was enough.

until it wasn't. until kil ki-tae, the source of all of deok-ja's misery, came to steal that away from her too.

‎THE RAIN BEGAN MIDDAY. thick droplets of water poured onto jake kim's blazer, which deok-ja was using as an umbrella.

"you're so evil!" the owner of the blazer called after the girl, his hands over his head.

deok-ja only grinned in response, laughter tumbling out of her mouth. the rain was cold, soaking past her own blazer and blouse, chilling her bones. jerry kwon, jake kim's loyal guard, used his ginormous frame to shield his boss from the rain.

lineman, jason, and brad all huddled underneath a small umbrella. their small walk had turned into a mess as rain unexpectedly came pouring down, soaking them to the core.

"glad you've noticed!" deok-ja replied with a poke of her tongue, retracting it immediately as cold rainwater fell onto her tongue.

she spat the water out, slicking back her wet hair away from her eyes. she didn't even care how cold it was. their laughter echoed through the empty streets, and deok-ja was filled by the warmth of her company.

she was — the word happy blanked from her head as she stopped.

her laughter ceased immediately, and her body stilled.

in the distance, a black umbrella loomed over a familiar silhouette. with every harrowing step he took, deok-ja felt her heart plummet further into her stomach.

"kil deok-ja." kil ki-tae's voice was as stern as it had always been.

from the memories of her hazy childhood, her father always had that tone of voice — as though everything deok-ja did was a mistake.

his hands were tucked into the pockets of his coat. deok-ja had never seen him wear it before. but when had she cared what the man wore, when the only times he was home, he beat her so badly she couldn't even tell what he was wearing?

"this is what you've been up to. fooling around with untalented bastards." he spat, and it mixed in with the rain.

deok-ja's fingers were limp, and she hadn't noticed that the hand holding up jake's blazer was flat against her side, rainwater pouring down her face.

"i have very important business regarding this street." his voice is far colder than the rainwater. "to think my own daughter befriended the idiots i was planning to kill."

"shame." he hummed.

deok-ja took a step back.

"i always did say i never wanted a daughter. they're useless, and you, even more so." ki-tae smiled. it was the smile of something inhuman. "just as useless as your mother."

deok-ja looked down as something glinted in her father's hand. she couldn't hear anything other than white noise bursting in her ears, telling her to get as far away as possible —

"i do love you, dear. but not enough to spare you." her father smiles.

and for the first and last time, kil deok-ja sees what happiness looks like upon her father's face before a knife is plunged into her side.

"good-bye." the man deok-ja had called 'father' hummed as she tumbles to the floor, the blood from her wound mixing into the rainwater.

truly a bitter life till the end, deok-ja thought as she lies there, senses dulled from the pain, unable to see anything from the rain blurring her eyes.

even when she's dying, deok-ja can't even be granted the wish of seeing everybody's face for the last time. how cruel.

‎KIL DEOK-SU CAN'T BREATHE. even with samuel at his side, coaching him diligently, his chest seizes up and he feels phantoms crawling into his throat and raking their claws down his chest.

the heart-wrenching realization that their father — the very man deok-su had swore to protect deok-ja from — had gone as far as trying to kill his own daughter.

all for a gang that he truly loved more than he did his family.

samuel seo isn't the best at comforting — no, actually, he's really bad at it. but still, deok-su can feel the air return to his lungs and enter his body once more.

"the doctors say she'll be fine." jake kim muttered quietly.

he hadn't said much since he called deok-su, and the bespectacled boy could tell he was filled with guilt.

after all, it happened right before his very eyes, and he was too late to stop it.

jake sighed. "who was that man? deok-ja definitely knew him."

deok-su clenched his jaw, teeth aching slightly from the pressure. "our father."

there was no one deok-ja feared more than kil ki-tae, and only he could invoke such trepidation into her that she would freeze and allow him time to kill her.

the room lapsed into silence. rage like a burning sun settled deep within deok-su's stomach, melting his body into a scalding, gaping hole where his heart should be.

his father did this. deok-su's father had ruined the only gift the kil family had given him, and that was his worst sin yet.

the bespectacled boy stood up, shaking samuel's rhythmic hand off his back. his fingers felt numb, clenched so tightly at his sides that they were white.

"where are you —" samuel too stood up, stopping deok-su from leaving the waiting room.

their eyes met, and the younger could see the pent up rage and anger, and perhaps all the melancholy deok-su had once kept well hidden, arise in his once serene eyes.

"i'm going to kill that bastard." he moved samuel out of the way (it wasn't like the boy could stop him anyway).

samuel didn't give in

"we're going too."  he said firmly, and jake nodded from behind.

deok-su was too blind to process what his heart was burning and aching for, so he allowed them to come along.

it was ironic. the people he so desperately wanted to keep separate from his home life were the ones following behind him down those hellish steps.

‎IN HIS LIFETIME, deok-su had always been one for manners.

now, as he flung open the door to his house, not so much.

the implications of their father's power had always been visible. the kil siblings knew their father was a gangster — it was how he accumulated enough wealth for such a nice house. (even though all he would offer his own flesh and blood was a room no larger than a broom closet to live in).

what gang he was in, or what exactly it was that earned him all that money, was something they weren't allowed to ask. deok-su knew now, though, that his father had close ties with a gang that had been at 'war' with big deal for a long time.

the black bear gang.

deok-su had always been one for manners. but now, grabbing onto the throat of a lackey his own father instructed to destroy him — the fourteen year old boy threw any doubts out the window and let that anger consume him whole.

he didn't even ask questions, just allowed his body to take over and coat the place in which he had once called 'home' in crimson. oh, wait.

this had never been home anyway.

"my son," kil ki-tae spoke with a rumble in his chest, staring at his creation with those demon eyes.

"don't call me that." deok-su spat, brushing his bloodied fingers on his dark apparel. "i'm not your son."

the man's smile grew, malicious and wide, like the very beasts deok-su read in horror books.

"your sister's accident seems to have given you the courage to finally talk back."

deok-su's body twitched in anger, his fists convulsing for a throat to latch on, a body to bend to his whim, to break — to kill.

there were fallen bodies all around him. made of bone and fueled by evil desires, surrounding him like a flesh throne that he sat upon, the mighty king of his own hellish nightmare. the only breathing in the house was that of deok-su, samuel, jake, and kil ki-tae, who mirrored that harrowing gaze deok-su would soon grow to despise in his own being.

everyone else was a empty mold, painted in red and flowing blood onto the expensive wooden floor.

"don't even bring her up." he growled, bunching up the man's crisp suit with his bloody fingers.

"i hate cowards, son. your sister was an angry one, but she was a coward nonetheless." ki-tae chuckled, the sound chilling deok-su's bones. "you are my last remaining hope."

"continue my legacy, son, and you will have the world." the man grinned, his gold tooth shining in the flickering light.

deok-su's expression drops into emptiness. "my world is laying on a hospital bed after her own father tried to kill her."

his cold and trembling fingers found his father's throat, wrapping around it like a snake to its prey. the echoes of voices calling to him grew into background noise, and all deok-su could see in that moment was the blood draining down his father's face.

something snapped in his neck — deok-su felt it dig into his palms and leak warm blood onto his fingers. they loosened, and the broken man fell to the floor in a pool of crimson.

even in death, his eyes stayed the same. there was no life in them anyway, deok-su remembers.

the rest of the night was a hazy blur. perhaps he can picture the fuzzy images of his mother returning home to find the house a bloodbath, and maybe he can recall the way she threw herself on the husband she so claimed to despise. his mind, deep within his subconscious, would never forget his mother's final act, because despite how much she cried and how much her body ached, a piece of her heart had always been with kil ki-tae.

and together they bore their blood, damning their children loveless lives, as a curse for spilling their tainted blood to seep into the wicked earth.

they lived tethered to kil deok-su, who had never since spent a night alone, forever unable to close his eyes without shuddering over the atrocities he had done.

he even chose to forget about those that he had once trusted, leaving behind a home plagued with nightmares and bearing the burden all alone.

KIL DEOK-JA HAD HER FAIR SHARE OF BAD LUCK. though she would never admit, the incident left a gaping hole in what was the deok-ja of the past.

deok-su came to visit her soon after. he arrived covered in blood, face stricken with an emotion deok-ja had never seen him wear. he didn't say a word, just sat there silently.

"i'm okay." deok-ja was the first to break the silence.

she couldn't bear seeing the boy by her side so empty.

"i'm sorry." he managed to whisper out loud.

deok-ja stared at him blankly, her eyes dull.

"is he gone for good?"

deok-su doesn't remember how exactly he told the story, nor his sister's reaction, but all he could recall was the way her arms were warm when she embraced him, promising that she could never hate deok-su. she didn't even cry, or get angry.

she was just silent, patting the boy and reassuring him that everything was fine. he did remember one thing, though, that always shattered his heart in millions of tiny pieces. far more than his decision to leave big deal, and pretend as though they were never more than just a group of friends.

as he dozed off, chair pulled close to his sister's hospital bed, before he was awoken by the arrival of a certain one armed man and his entourage of black and blonde haired boys, he heard his sisters soft words, uttered to herself and to no one else.

"we're only fourteen."

only fourteen, carrying the weight of the world on their poor, heavy shoulders. a black hole, a dying star.

cataclysmic and bound to destroy everything they loved as a curse for being born of broken love.

the only love they received was just as hazardous as the love they gave.

# LOVE, RAY !

wow, wow, wow. this chapter is so long so plsplsplsss forgive me for being gone for so long 😔 🙏

to be honest i like how i started off the story but then i feel like it kinda fell off slightly since i was trying to cram a long ass backstory into one chapter 😭 to recap tho, the kil siblings lived in a heavily abusive household, leading them to go slightly astray in their youth — however, after finding big deal they became better blah blah yk, and then their dad tried to kill deok-ja bc he saw her befriending big deal, which is basically the black bear gang's enemy (i think bc i didn't reread the jake kim backstory arc episodes since i remember almost everything but lmk if i'm wrong!!)

deok-ja ends up in the hospital, deok-su goes apeshit and kills everyone in the house (including his own father),, his mom kills herself bc she actually still loves her husband (super duper toxic ik!!) and the kils meet charles choi and gun and goo, and basically they get offered to become part of the 10 geniuses, but they deny, and so on — until where hazardous begins, which is 4 years in the future!! idk if that made any sense but yeah thats basically the recap 😭

even tho i feel like i didnt do the kil siblings enough justice with this chapter, i'm not too disappointed in my writing even tho it gets pretty iffy (especially in the fight scenes i js didnt have enough creativity to come up with anything better i'm sorry)

i love interactive readers so pls vote and comment<33 also pls lmk if there are any spelling and grammar errors !!

love y'all and stay safe!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

66.7K 2.3K 48
This is genderbent Rin. Girls are hugely different from guys, we all know this, so a lot of things will obviously be different in some instances. Thi...
677K 33.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
874K 40.6K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
126K 3.9K 10
(Lookism various x male reader) (REWRITING) " ... [Name]... " [Name] looked behind and saw the male, he smiled as he saw the sight of the male he's b...