A Beam of Hope

By TheFlash7656

Book 1 This is a marina story and it is about their adopted daughter Hope. The story will tell you about the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Where It All Began
Chapter 2: Big Changes and Challenges
Chapter 3: Home? Pt 1
Chapter 4: Home? Pt 2
Chapter 5: The Fire Station
Chapter 6: Knowing How to Help Hope
Chapter 7: Check Up Day
Chapter 8: The Night Before
Chapter 9: First Day
Chapter 10: Grey-Sloan Gala
Chapter 11: Fun and Games
Chapter 12: Exciting Times
Chapter 13: Stay in Your Lane
Chapter 14: Toby
Chapter 15: 24 Hours Pt.1
Chapter 16: 24 Hours Pt 2
Chapter 17: Emergency Trip
Chapter 18: Aftermath
Chapter 19: 4 Months
Chapter 20: Christmas at the Station (Pt. 1)
Chapter 21: Christmas at the Station (Pt. 2)
Chapter 22: Another Bishop?
Chapter 23: Sick Day
Chapter 24: Drill Day
Chapter 25: Dinner with a Guest
Chapter 26: Beginning the Process
Chapter 27: Crisis of the Process (pt1)
Chapter 28: Crisis of the Process (Pt 2)
Chapter 29: Stressing Times
Chapter 30: The Final Days
Chapter 31: Adoption Day
Chapter 32: The Celebration
Chapter 33: Italy Bound
Chapter 34: Fun in Italy
Chapter 35: Back to Normal
Chapter 36: Something Isn't Right
Chapter 37: The Results
Chapter 38: The Little One
Chapter 39: Ezekiel
Chapter 40: The New Normal
Chapter 41: Progressing Through Life
Chapter 42: The Reveal
Chapter 43: Station Family BBQ
Chapter 44: I Feel and Look like Sh!t
Sequel book

Chapter 45: The End and New Beginnings

675 17 10
By TheFlash7656

Life became normal in the Deluca-Bishop household once again.

———————————————————————

POV Hope:

It has been 2 weeks since my awful sickness that plagued me and I'm happy that it is over.

Today is the annual spaghetti dinner at the firehouse. I have gotten back to my racing wheelchair but more of a hobby now. Mom and I started going out together for runs.

Well technically she is running and I use my racing chair.

A week ago, we got this running stroller for Zeek to come on rides with us. Zeek loves it and the first time he came with us, you could hear the giggles and it just brought joy throughout the ride/run.

Mom and Mama decided to do enrole Zeek in the School program that Grey-Sloan had to offer.

That way it was easier to pick him up.

Also if he needed Mama, she would be around. His first day is tomorrow which is my first day as well. Senior year here I come.

It is kinda crazy that I'm in my last year of high school.

I'm currently in the kitchen packing the ingredients for the spaghetti sauce that Mama is going to make and show me.

"Ok I have the garlic, olive oil, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes, salt,all and pepper. I think that is all of it." I thought to myself. Just to make sure, I checked the text of the list of things Mama sent me and I wasn't missing anything.

Cause lord knows what would happen if I forgot anything, hell would break loose at the fire station.

"Shit basil! " I expressed with my eyes going wide. I quickly cut some fresh basil leaves off of the plant from the backyard and I placed items in the pile of the other things.

After placing the items into the bag, I went into my room to pack up some of my things I wanted to bring to the station.

But I have yet to shower for the day.

As I was getting my clothes to change into after I showered, I heard some giggling from Mom and Mama's bathroom. I slowly made my way to the sounds. When I arrived at the place that the sounds were coming from, Zeek was in the bathroom or bathtub more specifically with bubbles and Mom and Mama having fun.

I pulled out my phone and started recording because luckily when I did, Zeek said something that shocked the rest of us.

POV Zeek:

Ever since I started living wif Maya and Rina, I liked it a whole lot.

They are the nicest people in da whole wide world ever. Also I love spending time w,if Travis, Vic and Andrew too. I was playing in my room until Rina told me, "Zeek, let's go take a bath before we leave for the station for dinner tonight. Ok buddy?"

"Otay but not to hot." I wanted to say one more thing but I was too scared too.

"Of course bambino. Is there anything else you want to tell me?" Rina asked me which I do finks she knows I want to ask for something else. "Um Rina, can I also have some bubbles in my bath please?" I hesitantly waited for her to give an answer which I think she will say no.

"Yes, of course you can! Can't have a proper bath to get you clean without bubbles!" She announced to which I started to do my little happy dance because I couldn't contain my happiness.

As we made our way to the bathroom and started to fill up the tub, Rina let me feel the temperature of the water to see if I liked it.

"Is this temperature ok bambino?" She asked and then helped me feel the water.

"Yes! It is good Ma—Rina." I almost said it! I don't think she noticed.

As I proceeded to get ready for The bath by taking off my clothes with Rina's help. As I was taking off my shirt, Maya came in. "Wow bubs! You have bigger muscles than me." She stated which made me laugh more.

Rina helped me into the bath and Maya took some bubbles and put some on her face to make a beard. It made me laugh even more.

"Mama and mommy are super duper funny!" I said through my laughter.

POV Carina:

He said 'it'. He said Mama and Mommy.

Was I hearing it right I looked over to Maya to see if she heard it right too, we both had the same look in our eyes of, "He just did not say that!"

"I got that on video!" Hope announced which scared the both of us.

Zeek got a little nervous at the end when we reacted like that . "I didn't mean to call you that, Rina and Maya. Please don't get mad!" He says on the verge of crying.

"Hey hey hey buddy it is ok. When I called Maya and Carina, Mom and Mama was when I had a boo boo on my side. I had to literally ask Carina if it was ok to call them that and look at me now. They love it, When I call them that so you can too, ok Zeek." Hope rushed over to comfort him and his sniffles started subsided.

We continued our fun antics as a family until we started to have to get ready for the station spaghetti dinner.

"Alright I think we are almost ready to leave. The last thing is to pack a few things for you to play with. Sound good bambino?" I explain while grabbing his backpack. "Hmmm Rina.....Mama, I want Charlie (stuffed T-rex), my dinosaur book and my colors." Zeek started to gather those things and bring them to me.

"That is a good choice to bring." I ruffled his hair after that statement.

Then, Hope came in and asked, "Hey, it is time to leave. Are y'all ready?" "Yup, we just finished up." I answered helping Zeek put on his backpack and then we both exited his room.

On the way down Hope started to explain, "So everything is loaded in the back of the truck which Mom and I did so yeah."

We met Maya at the front door and we all headed out the door. After we were situated in the truck, we headed to the station. As we arrived and parked we had a greeting party.

Well, it was mainly Travis meeting us purely to see his pal Zeek.

"Ouch! Replaced by a four year old." Hope stated while waiting to be helped out of the truck. "Don't worry you are still my favorite niece." Andy says walking up to Hope helping her out of the truck.

Andy asked Hope whether she wanted to use arm crutches or her wheelchair.

Hope opted for arm crutches for a little while until she got tired. She started doing more PT to start walking which has helped a lot. The rest of their team came out and helped get the things we brought for the dinner inside.

While Zeek went to play with Travis at the beanery table, Hope and I started cooking.

POV Hope:

As Mama and I started cooking I chopped up various things and borrowed the station's speaker to play some background music. A little time passed, and I felt my legs start to give out a little. Then, a couple seconds later they gave out entirely.

"Ow." I exclaimed while hitting the floor.

"Bambina, are you ok?" Carina said. "Hey are you ok!?" Andy said. They both rushed over to me. "Yeah, I'm fine, my legs didn't want to work anymore." I sarcastically said while sitting up on the floor.

"Hey is everyone ok? I heard something fall." Mom came in fast to the beanery.

"I'm that something that fell." Mom chuckled at my statement and then said sarcastically, "lord what am I going to do with you?" "I don't know you are kinda stuck with me at this point." I shot back.

Which everyone started laughing.

At this point, I was just chilling on the floor with Toby. "Oh well. I will go get your chair. Be right back." Andy says, leaving Mama, Mom and me in the beanery. After a few seconds later, Andy came back. "Mom, could you help me up?" I ask still on the floor. At that point, Mom let out a chuckle and helped me in my chair.

"Thanks." I thanked Mom. "You're very welcome." She replied and then poked my side.

After that fun side adventure to the floor, we proceeded to cook. I chopped up so many things that my hand started to hurt.

It was close to the time the dinner was open to friends and family, When Zeek came into the beanery, and asked, "Is you and Mama done. I'm real hungry?" "Almost bud, just a little more time." I explain to the four year old.

"Otay, can Hopey play with me until it is ready?" He begs me, looking all cute. Vic, who was in the room, said, "Hey I can take over for you. you have done a lot."

"Thanks Aunt Vic. Ok buddy let's go play." I expressed to her.

POV Maya:

The team and I were putting the last touches in the barn before people started showing up.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see my little ones racing throughout the empty space in the barn. Beside the chatter between me and my team, Zeek's, laughter filled the air.

"Faster! Faster! " Zeek hardly gets out while giggling.

The door to the barn opened up and Andrew came in. Zio Andrew!!" Zeek yells, hops off Hope's lap and runs to Andrew. I walk over to say hi.

"There is my favorite sister-in-law!" Andrew comes up to me and gives me a hug. "I am literally your only sister-in-law." I state while pulling away from this hug that I was given.

"Fair point." Andrew answered.

"Zio Andrew are you ready for spaghetti?" Zeek asked while tugging at his hand. "Yes bud! I'm so excited to have some spaghetti." Andrew answered the eagar four year old." Vic a came up to me and said, "We can finish up here. Go spend time with you family. It is almost finished anyway."

"Are you sure? I don't mind finishing this before." I double check.

"Mai, I love you but god damn! I'm going to pull rank, even though I'm not even a lieutenant and you are a captain, go be with your cute ass little family every chance you get." Vic sternly tells me which was her way of telling me to get the hell out of her site.

"Yup, leaving now. " I say, not wanting to argue with Vic.

I then hear a chuckle coming from Andrew. All I responded with is a nod of disappointment. After I spent much needed time with my family, people started showing up.

People from Grey-Sloan, Meredith and her kids, Teddy and Owen and their kids, Bailey and her family, and Amelia with her partner Kai Bartley. I have never had a formal meeting with Kai but Carina raves about them all the time.

So I'm excited to talk to them.

POV Hope:

As everyone started to show up the louder it got which I solved with these discreet earplugs. Yes, earplugs but effective for loud environments. But nonetheless they work perfectly.

I talked to various people who came out to the dinner, like Amella and Kai.

Kai was one person who I enjoyed talking to. Which I think they enjoy talking about various topics we'd end up getting onto talking about. Their studies are fascinating as well.

After talking to them for a while, Mom grabbed everyone's attention, with a very loud whistle made by her mouth.

"Hi, could I have everyone's attention please! Alrighty everyone, welcome to our second spaghetti dinner at the firehouse. I want to thank everyone for coming. Y'all are all family and without y'all, I wouldn't have this wonderful family of my own. My wife, Carina, all of y'all know, then our daughter, who came into our lives a year and a half ago, and then the newest member of our family Ezekiel. Also as we know him as Zeek. From our hearts to yours, thank you for being in our lives. Now wrapping it up, let's eat!" Mom finishes her speech.

"God finally! I was dying from starvation!" Vic blurted from across the room, which earned her a slap in the back of the head from both Andy and Travis.

"Ow uncalled for you two!" Vic replied while rubbing the back of her head. "Just shut up and go get food." Travis says to Vic.

To say the least, everyone enjoyed the night. Especially the food. We had none left. I do have to say that Mama and I did very well. I socialized the whole night but it was the kind that didn't make me tired or drained. It was the kind of socializing just being home and with family. Zeek loved hanging out with Grey-shepherd kids.

Mostly Scout though.

So I was glad he came out of his shell and played with Scout.

Mom did meet Kai which I think Mom really enjoyed their company and their thoughts on life.

We ended up coming back home late but I still loved every second of it. Zeek fell asleep on the car ride home. I wish Mom was able to come home with us but she had an overnight shift.

As I laid down and thought about the things that I have gone through these last 2 years is crazy.

But as I'm thinking and staring at nothing but my ceiling. The sound and the room began to fade out and grow dark.

Then, another sound came in but it was a sound that I didn't recognize.

At least not in this life.........................................

Was this all a dream?

———————————————————————

A/N: Ta da! That is the end of the first book. I hope you enjoyed the first one and I have the first chapter of the second book done and good to go. I will probably release it tomorrow (1/17/23). Also I love the cover I made for the second book too!

Yeah I know I went MIA for like 6 months😅 Life happened

Have any ideas you want to add in the second book?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.5K 42
Fire Captain Maya Bishop got ready for her shift at Station 19 and went to work just like every other shift she had done. However, during a call with...
1.1K 38 8
What happens when Carina Deluca's daughter Giovanna finds herself struggling with her own mental illness. She tries her best to hide it, but eventua...
30.6K 874 37
Maya and Carina have been trying to have a baby. A lot has happend and they haven't been able to expand their family yet. But then, something happend...
30.7K 833 14
{DISCONTINUED} Maya and Carina has always wanted to be parents. Even before they got engaged and married, it was something they always talked about...